Quantcast

What’s dating like in the DMV? I’m looking for my huzzband!

Zilla

Anti-Incel -R.I.P Cheverly
Reaction score
Reactions
105,002 3,338 835
Alleybux
Alot of the women there are caking men so they ain’t worth a damn.

While I love living here, I can agree with this 5,000%. The women baby and coddle these men so bad its so sickening. This is the land of pick mes for sure.

Although blaming women for men's slack behavior is something all people should steer from, its very evident in this area.

I know a friend of a friend (who's wedding I attended), dated this man for 14 years had his baby. He FINALLY married her after she purchased the ring and paid for the wedding. He cheated on her most of the relationship (probably does now that they're married). She works like 12-14 hour days, while he struggles to hold a job. When she gets home she either cooks for him or orders his food goes to pick it up, then plates the food, all while he plays Playstation and smokes weed. This is one of many things I see from women here. Now I see why men here expect you to roll out the red carpet for them or chase them.

BabyGurl11

Tea at the Ritz
Reaction score
Reactions
10,869 290 29
Alleybux
I lived in DMV for 3 years and hated it. The dating scene sucks if you’re trying to settle down. Alot of the women there are caking men so they ain’t worth a damn. I say date around and refuse to settle down. The DMV is fun especially DC but don’t accept any offers or ask to be in relationship. Trust me at the end of the day you don’t want the drama they will bring with a relationship. Don’t worry about couples you see together, the area is so pretentious and everything is a front. Mfs are miserable. Live your best life and don’t worry about a relationship.

this is a WORD! Too many pick women here. They definitely coddle the men here. The men are absolutely spoiled. Many women are just happy to have a men to post on IG regardless of the circumstances. I know a couple that has an open marriage and the WIFE proposed the idea and it is not open on her end.. but she gets to say she’s married, post cute pics up and front like everything is perfect. It’s saddening.

Mrs Ossoff

The one and only
Reaction score
Reactions
94,304 1,314 559
Alleybux
Bumping this thread. I want to move to the DMV area but I am not interested in dating. What are safe neighborhoods for 30+ yo Black women? I would like to move to DC proper. I am tired of the midwest. PM if you must.

Fierce39

Plan Your Preferred Future
Reaction score
Reactions
28,765 713 364
Alleybux
this is a WORD! Too many pick women here. They definitely coddle the men here. The men are absolutely spoiled. Many women are just happy to have a men to post on IG regardless of the circumstances. I know a couple that has an open marriage and the WIFE proposed the idea and it is not open on her end.. but she gets to say she’s married, post cute pics up and front like everything is perfect. It’s saddening.
This entire thread is convincing me to stay swirling.

lamillion

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
4,777 371 97
Alleybux
This entire thread is convincing me to stay swirling.
Can I ask what race you swirl with? I am open to dating outside my race but I am not in white or other race circles. How do you meet them?

Urbest

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
214,132 11,494 3,304
Alleybux
Only like 30% of us get married. A lot of people don't want to get married anymore like the baby boomers. I don't believe these cities f boys want to get married as much as regular folks. I saw a lot of men in DC with no wedding ring on. That should tell you right there where their mind is at and what they value.
I say this all the time but If you want to increase your odds of dating success as a (successful educated) black women, we need to expand our options. Obama is the minority & Lil Wayne is the majority in the the black community for “eligible” dating prospects. When I dated other men, none of them had kids oow, most had college degrees and all were marriage minded. Trying to find all that in a Black man is like a needle in the haystack and like others have said, if he has those qualities he thinks he’s special for basic sh!t that’s normal in other communities. As a black woman, if you just want to date black men, you will more than likely have to date down - even studies show this.
I have friends from all ethnicities and they all have a hard time dating; but I think the unique challenge that faces us if for those of us who are in the top 10% (educated, no oow kids, successful, relationship minded, etc aka high quality) finding likewise in a Black male is more rare, especially considering overall bw are doing better education wise, etc.
I remember my friend’s husband who is African American (she’s Black too) even telling me that a lot of Black/African American men don’t have their sh!t together and to date out, lol.