Quantcast

What age was appropriate for your daughter to get her first brazilian wax

chcherrybomv

over it
Reaction score
Reactions
11,336 917 443
Alleybux
Okay why not just shave or nair which is much gentler. I wish women would stop making it the impossible norm to be totally hairless but a WOMAN. Especially white women are doing this.
I get what you’re saying, but shaving is itchy and uncomfortable, damn! Do you know how many times Ive accidentally cut myself? Long or thick pubic hair is a sensation I can’t stand too.
VEET depilator creams ain’t sh!t either, that stuff stings and hairs grow back thicker in no time! I can’t spend the summer having grown in hairs, cysts and visible stuff from shaving.

Im currently getting laser hair removal - there is no contact between the laser and the skin, but the skin does get a lot more pigmented down there. Also you have to remember NOT to shower the same day cause buuurns.
Anyway, have mercy on your daughters and spare them the uncomfortability of shaving. It’s a very delicate area, shaving down there SUCKS

Also I wouldn’t want my daughter to resent me cause Im not allowing her to pick her hygiene and cosmetic habits. I’d explain to her the risks of waxing for her health, cause infections are no joke (contaminated spatula, wax etc)

Last edited:

SlootMadonna

Crackhead ho
Reaction score
Reactions
39,116 2,304 1,489
Alleybux
I get what you’re saying, but shaving is itchy and uncomfortable, damn! Do you know how many times Ive accidentally cut myself? Long or thick pubic hair is a sensation I can’t stand too.
VEET depilator creams ain’t sh!t either, that stuff stings and hairs grow back thicker in no time! I can’t spend the summer having grown in hairs, cysts and visible stuff from shaving.

Im currently getting laser hair removal - there is no contact between the laser and the skin, but the skin does get a lot more pigmented down there. Also you have to remember NOT to shower the same day cause buuurns.
Anyway, have mercy on your daughters and spare them the uncomfortability of shaving. It’s a very delicate area, shaving down there SUCKS

Also I wouldn’t want my daughter to resent me cause Im not allowing her to pick her hygiene and cosmetic habits. I’d explain to her the risks of waxing for her health, cause infections are no joke (contaminated spatula, wax etc)
Most days I shave, when I want to be really smooth I veet and shave. No offence but no waxing for me I don't have a pain fetish. I let her veet her arms but that's it.

lover86

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,825 658 141
Alleybux
Have only seen this issue come up for parents whose kids are competitive swimmers or gymnasts.

Sorta weird if it's not sports related.
I was going to mention if I had a daughter this is the only way I would consider allowing my teen daughter at least 16 or 17 to get a wax . I could also understand if she is on a dance team .

MissLou

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
53,367 1,775 1,658
Alleybux
I blame pδrn for this.

Well pδrn and fashion. The shrinking bikinis of the 70s and 80s are what influenced getting rid of the hair on the sides. It wasn't until the 90s where we started seeing women completely bare down there, and I honestly think it was due to pδrn and Lolita/pedophile fetishes making its way into adult pδrn.
The truth of the matter is pubic hair doesn't feel uncomfortable until you've gotten rid of it and then the feeling of no hair feels better than having thick fluffy hair down there. Our grandmothers never shaved or waxed down there, I don't think they ever complained about how uncomfortable it is to have pubic hair because that is all they knew.

CherriGarcia

FKA RumTresLeche
Reaction score
Reactions
229,185 37,351 12,061
Alleybux
Some of y’all are weird, I feel sorry for your daughters.

I say a normal bikini wax is fine. I wouldn’t want my daughter pubes sticking out at the beach. If you have the money go for laser hair removal.

I wouldn’t want my daughter to struggle with razor or hair removal creams. That’s stuff is uncomfortable. I rather have a professional wax her.

Taking care of our bodies have nothing to do with men. Some of us don’t like body hair.
Ur right I didn't even make this about cuz everything we do isn't about the male gaze

heybonnie2

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
39,393 1,177 939
Alleybux
Some of y’all are weird, I feel sorry for your daughters.

I say a normal bikini wax is fine. I wouldn’t want my daughter pubes sticking out at the beach. If you have the money go for laser hair removal.

I wouldn’t want my daughter to struggle with razor or hair removal creams. That’s stuff is uncomfortable. I rather have a professional wax her.

Taking care of our bodies have nothing to do with men. Some of us don’t like body hair.
Women didnt wake up one day feeling bad because of body hair. Its pδrn and men and i say this as someone who shaves. A teenage girl shouldnt be worried about pubic hair and why would she wear something so revealing it would show her pubes? Why cant we be honest and admit teenage girls are influenced by pδrn and men?
If it was a hygiene issue then how come teenage boys and men dont care about their own pubic hair? Hell do you think fathers would be happy to let strangers wax their teenage sons balls? Think about it. And i say this all of this as someone who shaves and trims. Having a bald kitty is nice but i got those thoughts when i was a teenage girl because everyone around me thought pubic hair on a vagina was disgusting.
Yall need to have talks with your daughters about healthy body image then let her decide

Layani

I dont care, do you?
Reaction score
Reactions
115,997 5,185 2,852
Alleybux
Hell to the no. At the most she can wax the bikini line and that is ONLY if she gets skin discoloration from shaving. I wouldn't want her to have with scarring from shaving so wax is alright but a full on Brazilian?? Absolutely not

I don't even support kids shaving at all tbh, if I have a daughter she's not wearing bikinis anyway. She's getting a cute shorts and tanking set

Blicky Menaj

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,330 1,032 109
Alleybux
I remember seeing this thread being posted and being like wtf because I still had not received my first bikini wax. Yesterday I went to European wax center and got my first Brazilian. I can not imagine letting a minor do something like that. The technician was professional, but she rubbed my pussy! No way I’d let a child do that.

Will Piff

I smack ninjas and munch witches
Reaction score
Reactions
6,528 957 1,061
Alleybux
Women go through all this and our male counterparts can’t even wipe properly.
Speak for ur own experiences. Personally there is no wiping good enough for me. If u aint washing after u sh!t u walking around with dookie residue in ur crack and ur parents failed u.

Will Piff

Reaction score
Reactions
6,528 957 1,061
Alleybux
I remember seeing this thread being posted and being like wtf because I still had not received my first bikini wax. Yesterday I went to European wax center and got my first Brazilian. I can not imagine letting a minor do something like that. The technician was professional, but she rubbed my pussy! No way I’d let a child do that.
Well thats just a perfectly normal part of getting a Brazilian wax.

IN PRISON!!!

Blicky Menaj

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,330 1,032 109
Alleybux
Well thats just a perfectly normal part of getting a Brazilian wax.

IN PRISON!!!
Lol. It wasn’t like she masturbated me, but like as she was applying wax and also doing the after care, my clit was rubbed a few times. Not sure if that’s just how it goes, but it would be super weird allowing a child that kinda experience.

Will Piff

Reaction score
Reactions
6,528 957 1,061
Alleybux
Lol. It wasn’t like she masturbated me, but like as she was applying wax and also doing the after care, my clit was rubbed a few times. Not sure if that’s just how it goes, but it would be super weird allowing a child that kinda experience.
Im no expert on this stuff but the way u said it kinda threw me. What exactly do u mean by rubbed ur clit? Like rubbed wax on it? Rubbed it with a hot washcloth? Surely she didnt just reach down and give it a playful tickle? Maybe someone with more experience here can chime in on the validity of this part of the procedure.

eta: isnt the clit like super sensitive? I imagine they would handle that part very gingerly. It is very brave and takes some serious strength what yall go through just to keep us happy. U guys really are our most precious natural resource. No cap.

Blicky Menaj

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,330 1,032 109
Alleybux
Im no expert on this stuff but the way u said it kinda threw me. What exactly do u mean by rubbed ur clit? Like rubbed wax on it? Rubbed it with a hot washcloth? Surely she didnt just reach down and give it a playful tickle? Maybe someone with more experience here can chime in on the validity of this part of the procedure.

eta: isnt the clit like super sensitive? I imagine they would handle that part very gingerly. It is very brave and takes some serious strength what yall go through just to keep us happy. U guys really are our most precious natural resource. No cap.
Like the way she was wiping things away it was like her finger was placed ever so gingerly on my clit a few times. Idk what is normal because it was my first time lol. Nothing I read mentioned you might get your bean flipped.

Mandaazi

New ID: Solarsexual
Reaction score
Reactions
60,404 2,970 1,392
Alleybux
They really do. It's dudes younger than 25 that tend to be generally turned off by it.
3. most of your men don't care. I don't shave and men get so genuinely excited about it that it's weird. let me not even go into the time I forgot to shave my legs.

PrudencePuci

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,794 557 189
Alleybux
Depends on her maturity level TBH
If she’s shown that she’s mature than maybe 17 maybe

beastcoast

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,909 4,101 2,428
Alleybux
I’d allow my teenage daughter to get a deep bikini line for obvious reasons. Especially during the summer months or if she were a dancer/gymnast/competitive swimmer.

I can understand why the idea of waxing genitals is taboo but honestly I wouldn’t want my daughter shaving. As black women we’re naturally more prone to unsightly ingrowns and razor bumps down there. Even though I started waxing my senior year of high school, a lot of the scarring caused by shaving didn’t start to clear up until I was like 21/22. Same for my peers.

Issues like those tend to make women very self conscious—even if it’s “normal”. I just wouldn’t want to put my daughter through that, personally but I get the pushback.

beastcoast

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,909 4,101 2,428
Alleybux
Random, but a lot of the Eastern European girls I talked to in high school said their mothers would wax for them down there (and their legs/underarms, etc.). A little weird but I can imagine it being a humorous bonding experience.

Ankura

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
48,172 565 201
Alleybux
It would be very strange for me to allow a child to have a stranger all up around their vagina and asshole. Sorry.

I'm not anti waxing or anti hair removal. I do it because I have a skin condition. Having hair prevents me from being able to take care of my skin as well as I could. There are other reasons beyond xes and aesthetics to remove hair. Someone being that close and intimate with a grown woman is uncomfortable. I don't think that most teenagers should be that intimate with a stranger until they are older and more mentally developed. Also creeps and predators come in all genders. I would want to protect her from that.

Opaldiamondring

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
33,153 1,184 838
Alleybux
Absolutely not appropriate for an underage daughter. She’ll have to settle for a cheap Walmart razor like the rest of us did until she’s a legal adult.

yvesaint

Friendly Black Hottie
Reaction score
Reactions
6,506 343 155
Alleybux
I mean, we see the sheer volume of women on this board and the world over trying correct hyperpigmentation and scarring that more than likely occurred from starting a shaving routine as a kid. And it's not xesual - anybody who's had body hair for longer than 5 minutes knows how it feels to have both, and what they prefer out of comfort. It's odd to me we set girls up for years of insecurity and time fixing something that doesn't need to be.

Middle-school, I don't think it's weird to entertain the request if they ask. Tell them they can experiment w/ a full Brazilian when they are 16 or 17, or once they turn 18. Explain the purpose of pubic hair at the same time you're explaining how to clean and maintain themselves young women. Also explain that it's okay to change their minds about their body hair, to get lazy or take a break from hair removal, or to just be hairy. Let them work to afford the appointment so they understand it's a luxury. Tbh, they can learn to do it themselves. My old wax lady came from Brazil at 12 and she and her sister gave each other waxes because it was like $130+ to get one here in the 90s - their mother taught them how. It doesn't have to be weird or a big deal.

deep1

Serial Thanker
Reaction score
Reactions
161,569 5,569 5,240
Alleybux
Gross, when she's 18. What is she shaving for? Who is looking down there? Brat better be grown.

Never understood the point of shaving down there, there is a reason for that hair growth plus it leaves stuff to the imagination.

maramckmc

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,427 414 404
Alleybux
Whenever she feels she is ready.
Exactly. I don't know why everything turns into xes on this board.
I got mine at 14-15, when I started growing thick hair down there. It’s uncomfortable having it, and razors leave marks and make hairs thicker, also if hairs grew in it was very painful. So I started getting waxed around that age, it wasn’t about any xesual reason at all, not to be appealing to the other xes, but more so to be able to wear comfortable underwear and to feel light and clean.
What you should be concerned about is if the salon is sanitized, if the lady is professionally trained, because bad burns and yeast infections can be caused by waxing.If the lady doesn’t clean her spatula, etc, uses the same wax for all her clients. It’s dangerous.
In my case there was no “brazilian”, she just got rid of everything down there lol
All of this! I am still trying to figure out ways to get rid of the hyperpigmentation from razors/ingrowns/etc.

My daughter is about to be 16 soon, and she's so hairy and I don't want her to have to deal with the discomfort of shaving and the effects from shaving. I'm thinking about getting her laser for her birthday...
I know women who shave/nair and don't have issues - body is as smooth and clear as a bald head, but some of us are not as fortunate. Hair traps odor too! Teach our girls the truth. Don't have them all bushy and odor-y, thinking that keeps them in a child's place. You setting them up for embarrassment.

CherriGarcia

FKA RumTresLeche
Reaction score
Reactions
229,185 37,351 12,061
Alleybux

All of this! I am still trying to figure out ways to get rid of the hyperpigmentation from razors/ingrowns/etc.

My daughter is about to be 16 soon, and she's so hairy and I don't want her to have to deal with the discomfort of shaving and the effects from shaving. I'm thinking about getting her laser for her birthday...
I know women who shave/nair and don't have issues - body is as smooth and clear as a bald head, but some of us are not as fortunate. Hair traps odor too! Teach our girls the truth. Don't have them all bushy and odor-y, thinking that keeps them in a child's place. You setting them up for embarrassment.
Have you done laser before? I would like to but if it hurts too bad I’ll back out

yvesaint

Friendly Black Hottie
Reaction score
Reactions
6,506 343 155
Alleybux
Have you done laser before? I would like to but if it hurts too bad I’ll back out

Laser feels like you’re being popped with a rubber band. I got a brazilian (no butt strip - I wasn’t emotionally ready for that ) my lower legs, and underarms. It’s really quick - I was only ever in there for about 20/30 minutes. You can find good deals for packages on Groupon too. And with the Groupon packages, it’s actually cheaper than waxing. 8 appointments, 6-ish weeks apart, for $150-$200.

Also the laser knocks out marks and stretch marks.

CherriGarcia

FKA RumTresLeche
Reaction score
Reactions
229,185 37,351 12,061
Alleybux
Laser feels like you’re being popped with a rubber band. I got a brazilian (no butt strip - I wasn’t emotionally ready for that ) my lower legs, and underarms. It’s really quick - I was only ever in there for about 20/30 minutes. You can find good deals for packages on Groupon too. And with the Groupon packages, it’s actually cheaper than waxing. 8 appointments, 6-ish weeks apart, for $150-$200.

Also the laser knocks out marks and stretch marks.
I’d love to do it for stretch marks

Sallie Blair

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
449,351 14,182 6,597
Alleybux

Hair doesn't trap odor. Not washing up and wearing too tight underwear does.

Teach yourself the truth about hygiene. Buying your daughter body care set and nice robes and washcloths to create a shower/bath routine is going to help more than making her feel like she's destined to be stinky and gross because she has pubic hair.

lonergirll

Delete my fµck!ng account LSA wankers
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
613 103 131
Alleybux
Where I live a 16 year old can legally have xes they can legally leave home and even leave school they can even see a doctor without their parent being there with them a doctor doesn’t even need to notified the family if the 16 year old is pregnant so definitely 16 minimum age but I strongly feel the appropriate age should be 18 heck 14 years olds are allowed to get a paying job

FaeLatte

♏️+♊️
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
172,934 8,050 5,896
Alleybux
I didn’t get my first wax until my 20s lol, I truly don’t think there is ever a need to take a teenager to get waxed. Tell that lil girl to shave and gone somewhere with this new age mess. Lol