Quantcast

What are employers going to do when Pandemic Assistance is cut off and workers don't come back?

Moorpheus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,422 5,794 6,042
Alleybux
Huh? I think you guys misread my statement.

I am saying that people are probably saving their unemployment. Through receiving the unemployment, they're realizing that this actually is a livable wage & refuse to settle for less now. Ignorance is bliss - before, people aspired to make more money but never actually knew what it was like to be paid a livable wage. Now? People don't want to go back to a crappy pay check and stress from a dead end job. People are creating side hustles, going back to school, finding a trade, etc so that they don't have to be in the same position as they were before.

I was disagreeing with the other font.
I don’t know if you know the song

Moorpheus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,422 5,794 6,042
Alleybux
we can send the one with wheels after you when you commit crime. Shoot equip them with cameras and we can have some live shows.

ok I’m getting carried away lol

ThothBomb

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,363 204 118
Alleybux
These employers cut workers so fast, they realize there was no job safety. Many workers I think re-evaluated their life choices sitting at home for months with no work, maybe they don't want to work at sh!tty burger no more?
I agree with you, but it goes beyond "burger flippers" and other "unskilled labor".

There are a lot of employers in white and pink collar professions who have been abusing their employees with low wages and no tangible benefits, particularly healthcare, while having their employees assume multiple roles within their companies.

Not only do employers have people assuming multiple roles, but there are many salaried employees doing mandatory overtime, and when you do an hourly breakdown of their wages, you see that they're being paid next to nothing.

Many employers have been getting over on people and I definitely agree that lockdown gave people the time to reevaluate a lot of things.

Juny.B.Jones

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
289,369 8,018 6,613
Alleybux
I'm not convinced people are just "living it up" on UI, I think lots of these people have found other/better ways to make money and it reflects a long term structural change. I think these employers are living in the 1990s, they can't comprehend that a 24 year old could make more money doing some online work on their own leisure instead of working for their sh!tty place.
And that people don’t want to work for scrap wages

Moorpheus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,422 5,794 6,042
Alleybux
I agree with you, but it goes beyond "burger flippers" and other "unskilled labor".

There are a lot of employers in white and pink collar professions who have been abusing their employees with low wages and no tangible benefits, particularly healthcare, while having their employees assume multiple roles within their companies.

Not only do employers have people assuming multiple roles, but there are many salaried employees doing mandatory overtime, and when you do an hourly breakdown of their wages, you see that they're being paid next to nothing.

Many employers have been getting over on people and I definitely agree that lockdown gave people the time to reevaluate a lot of things.
I don’t know if you saw it, but remember in the Matrix where Morpheus is schooling Neo and tells him he’s a slave. That’s really what working for someone else is about. You should always work on rising above that especially in America. There’s that saying you can’t get rich working for someone else. I would add you can’t even really live working for someone else. Take part of yours stimmy, unemployment, savings, and do something online. Like dropshipping, affiliate or internet marketing.

what truth That you are a Slave

GeminiAdult

Being prim and proper
Reaction score
Reactions
380,340 17,389 15,534
Alleybux
If you are unskilled and You don’t go for a 20 to 25 an hour gig with a depression looming. I don’t know what to tell you.
Welcome home?
View attachment 2562499
yall are something else. Do you not know that places like dollar general that have made multi-millions during the pandemic are still giving their workers 8.25 cents an hour?

MrsTresvant

Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,488 20,156 17,407
Alleybux
Ain't no damned body out here ballin' on unemployment in ANY state...

The lies y'all fall for.

Moorpheus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,422 5,794 6,042
Alleybux
yall are something else. Do you not know that places like dollar general that have made multi-millions during the pandemic are still giving their workers 8.25 cents an hour?
You must Not saw this

Pandoras Box

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,288 1,932 2,340
Alleybux
If y’all think a few people not wanting to go work will trump a person who actually need and wants work you are mistaken. Especially companies that would take tactics to eliminate benefits to force people back. That is make a decision. Come to work or get replaced. Maybe a small business owner will have this issue but a major company or org? Please. They will replace people. It may take time, but it can and will be done.

Pandoras Box

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,288 1,932 2,340
Alleybux
Get skills and find another employer. If folks have charges and can’t get opportunities or other administrative issues manage that 8.25 well.

Moorpheus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,422 5,794 6,042
Alleybux
Well I have one more year left , my estimated graduation date is may 2023 .. I dont start back until January when my program starts for my core classes. I'm getting my associates degree in Cardiovascular Technology (invasive) .. so I've been applying for like clerical /administrative/ patient rep/ healthcare CSR roles to get my foot in the door somewhere. My job I got laid off from I was a e-file clerk(medical records).. I'm even enrolled in the state program for people on government assistance to get certified in something like phlebotomy tech or MA.. its paid through the state
You could probably take that and do something with holistic and alternative medicine. That would be good for if we don't bounce back.

Ernada

High IQ-ER KO's Kangaroo
Reaction score
Reactions
237,395 21,161 10,192
Alleybux
What I don't understand is why no one talks about the almost ONE MILLION PEOPLE who died?

OR

The millions who survived but are permanently and totally disabled and can't work anymore!!!!

Also:

why no one is talking about companies that took PPP money AND STILL FIRED PEOPLE

OR

Why so many companies have not done any substantial measures to get real PPE to workers!!!

The issue is NOT the unemployment

The issue is COVID-19
You know Trumpgot away with murder, 500k people dead in USA because of his incompetence.

sneakerk

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,708 491 163
Alleybux
No one wants to go back to a job . Before all of this stuff happened a lot of people didn’t want to work . People should find other ways to make money . Working for yourself is better than working for someone else .
Screw u for disagreeing with my post . You know I’m telling the truth.

Moorpheus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,422 5,794 6,042
Alleybux

You need to be a manager lol. I can tell you where you are wrong, because I’ve done management before.

If I go in or hire a black manager the black workers walk over you. The first problem is getting them to actually listen and do the job. If I put a white manager there they will do the work, however if they are to nice or female then they tend to treat Them the same as the black manager. If I put the white manager in and tell them to crack that whip. They perform the best even though they complain.

The higher wage is usually the same as you see now. They tend to slack off when paid more. Its a little different for skilled labor don’t ask me why. I guess they value themselves and position more or they see where they can grow.

Issues with the white worker were different, but I only managed them in a more professional environment. Initially some of them didn’t want to listen, but fell right in line after I wrote that azz up. Now the student workers were different. The black ones took the same attitude as the unskilled type gig. One girl would dissaper and get caught doing her school work.

Verbal warnings verbal,warnings verbal warnings, finally I wrote her up. lol She quits, but dig this she somehow persuades the other black workers to quit. Later I see one of the girls who quit with her and she had flunked out of school. She was attending another college in the neighborhood where Ivy students to get credits to try to return to the ivy towers.

Now, I did have one good worker he was a high school student. Showed up in a shirt and tie. And guess what? He was a 5%er if you know what that is. He always arrived to work early and always did what he was told. My boss didn’t like him lololol. I put my azz on the line and kept him. Even gave him raises and let him do special projects.

Now, I don’t know if it’s the same today, because that was like 20 to 25 years ago, but you guys do to much whinning. And that usually means one thing.

A Poor Performer

Last edited:

PrimaDonnaDiva

High Maintenance
Reaction score
Reactions
41,737 1,658 2,106
Alleybux
You really think people are smart enough to do that ? No unemployment & their asses are going right back to work.

Reaction score
Reactions
8,677 189 74
Alleybux
That’s kind of what I did. During the pandemic I retrained for a different profession and was able to leave my old job for a higher paying one in a different field. I felt a little guilty but I had to do what was best financially for me and my family.