Quantcast

What are the right reasons for being in a relationship?

Brwnsugabaee

Mrs. Bulma Briefs
Reaction score
Reactions
8,479 587 142
Alleybux
With Molly and Andrew's breakup on last night finale, it got me thinking. While Molly and Andrew seemed great on paper - great xesual chemistry, genuinely liked each other and etc. Molly's deep-seated issues drove him away. Also, it seems like Molly didn't offer Andrew much. He was also so kind, compassionate to her issues, an open ear while she was pretty judgemental and selfish.

It seems like the general census is that she was in it for the wrong reasons and was unwillingly to work on herself to fix it.

The question is what are the right reasons? I, myself have never been in a relationship, but over the years have observed my family/friends dealing with men/relationships.

Here are some opinions on what reasons/ things you should bring to a relationship.

While mutual attraction is what gets the fire started it's not enough to hold a relationship. Too many times have I seen my friends or just people, in general, get with someone based on looks or xesual attraction for it later to fall apart because they have nothing in common. Behind that attraction has to be a solid foundation.

I believe you also need to have the same values as the person you're with. It's impossible to 100% agree with someone on every subject but if your values are on two completely different spectrums, it most likely won't end well. Having the same values gives you lay down that first foundation.

For me personally, I cannot see myself wasting time being in a relationship with someone unless I see a future with them and am able to grow and build with. Just imagine building someone great with that one person in the world and being able to share that special moment with them must be the most amazing feeling in the world.

I also think you need someone who challenges you and holds you accountable and vice versa. As time goes on in relationship, people start to grow and change. You and your partner should be able to grow together.

And lastly, I think you should be able to be 100% your true self at all times (this comes with the good and bad ) and that person accepts you for who you are and still wants to be with you.

These are just my opinions. I'd love to see what you ladies think are the right reasons for a relationship.

Let's discuss!! :)

HrlrmWrld

Surrealistic Day Dreamer
Reaction score
Reactions
64,318 2,072 1,280
Alleybux
Love is not a gazing at each other it's looking outward together in the same direction.

CerebralRecess

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
91,381 1,793 1,103
Alleybux
Molly has plenty to offer. She’s brilliant, driven, funny and loyal (just to name a few). She just has to mature.

Molly was in a relationship because she wanted to prove she could make one work. She’s a litigator. A winner, who has some emotional growing to do.

The right reasons for a relationship aren’t set in stone. But the wrong reasons are anything having to do with expecting someone to help you become whole. Whether you’re “Insecure”, immature, confused or just lonely and afraid.

Good relationships attract and build, unhealthy ones repel and destroy both parties.

People who base intimate connections on physical aesthetics have compromised standards. This is why their expectations rarely meet reality or rarely last.

Last edited:

Brwnsugabaee

Mrs. Bulma Briefs
Reaction score
Reactions
8,479 587 142
Alleybux
Molly has plenty to offer. She’s brilliant, driven, funny and loyal (just to name a few). She just has to mature.

Molly was in a relationship because she wanted to prove she could make one work. She’s a litigator. A winner, who has some emotional growing to do.

The right reasons for a relationships aren’t set in stone. But the wrong reasons are anything having to do with expecting someone to help you become whole. Whether you’re “Insecure”, immature, confused or just lonely and afraid.

Good relationships attract and build, unhealthy ones repel and destroy both parties.

People who base intimate connections on physical aesthetics have compromised standards. This is why their expectations rarely meet reality or rarely last.

Well said!

Don't get me wrong I'm not an Asianbae stan and actually like Molly. It just seemed that her more negative traits were put on spotlight during this relationship and the same for her previous ones.

Outside of a relationship, she's great but seems like once she gets into one insecurity comes back and rears it's head. Like you said she need to become whole and secure with herself as a person and emotional mature before she can be in a successfully relationsh

DAMusIcmAN

FeliciaDeVil
Reaction score
Reactions
140,883 4,925 5,379
Alleybux
I think dating in LA should be an Olympic sport. Andrew and Molly were just not a good match and it’s mature and responsible of them both to just dead the entire thing.

Reaction score
Reactions
7,941 194 6
Alleybux
Well said!

Don't get me wrong I'm not an Asianbae stan and actually like Molly. It just seemed that her more negative traits were put on spotlight during this relationship and the same for her previous ones.

Outside of a relationship, she's great but seems like once she gets into one insecurity comes back and rears it's head. Like you said she need to become whole and secure with herself as a person and emotional mature before she can be in a successfully relationsh

On paper Molly has a lot to offer Andrew but emotionally she didn’t give him anything. They both just wanted to see how far they could make the relationship last since they have never had a long one before. I believe that’s why he was so easy going with everything. But a person can only try and compromise so much when they see the other person isn’t budging at all