Quantcast

What are your favorite movie scenes and why?

Social Meds

We're all made up of Stardust
Reaction score
Reactions
141,208 2,794 736
Alleybux
One of my favorite movie scenes ever is from Danny Boyle's film 'The Beach' starring Leonardo DiCaprio. It's the part where he and Francoise hook up on the island. I love everything about this scene. The lighting, the satisfaction knowing how long Richard and Francoise were lusting after each other, the beauty of the bio luminescent bay they're swimming in, the soundtrack.. I just love it. It's also the big turning point in the film. Remember everything goes downhill for Richard from here. This scene was his peak of happiness in the movie.

Funny story. Years ago I went with friends to Vieques in Puerto Rico (beautiful island, I highly recommend). We went to a Bio luminescent bay. There was a super hot guy on the boat with us and in my head I thought "Oh my God, I'm gonna have my 'The Beach' moment!". I was so excited. Well it was a huge FAIL! I jumped in the water with him and immediately got stung by a jelly fish. I screamed and they pulled my dumb ass back on the boat where I got sprayed with vinegar. It was quite the comedy with my group later. What are your favorite movie scenes and why?

13801034-7057317-image-a-76_1558518281989.jpg

PeaOfSweetness

Takin over for the ‘99 and ‘00s
Reaction score
Reactions
93,668 1,565 587
Alleybux
The funeral scene from “Steel Magnolias,” which is one of my all time favorite movies. I swear I felt every emotion M’Lynn was going through. Plus I like when Clairee told her to punch Ouiser :ROFLMAO:.

Padme Selene

From the River to the Sea.
Reaction score
Reactions
86,674 1,401 445
Alleybux
Another Leo movie lol. Romeo and Juliet is one of my all time faves. I loveee that Baz had desree come and sing her song she shined so beautifully. One thing baz is ready great at is making the audience feel what characters are meant to be feeling by using camera angles and cinematography. I feel giddy, anxious, happy, and elated while watching this scene.

Se7en is another fave...there are several amazing scenes but the scene where brads character chases John Doe omggg

All of Heath’s scenes in the dark knight omg but especially the interrogation scene and the scene with all the gangsters omgggg legend sh!t.

Tejas

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,993 516 121
Alleybux
My favorite movie scene is from the movie Marie Antoinette where the palace throws her a huge birthday party.

The absolute glee on her face was so relatable. I also loved how they were going in and out from random scenes of party guests and Marie Antoinette celebrating her birthday with her people. The music, the food, the dresses. I love it.

Then I loved how it ended with MA and her closet friends watching the sun come up over the huge pond. It was so perfect.

angelbaby

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
29,463 873 74
Alleybux
I have so many scenes. I am a movie fanatic. I am a fan of the older Star Wars movies

Love James Bond movies. I thought we had lost him. LOL

Last edited:

LeBronFan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
46,803 2,676 1,826
Alleybux
I have no favorites of anything in life.
No, joke.

I like, dislike, or feel indifferent towards things, animals, or people.

I like these three scenes
Searching
81y-Ze-Fqi0r-L-SL1500.jpg

Searching (2018) - Detective Rosemary Vick Scene (2/10) | Movieclips

Searching (2018) - You Don't Always Know Your Kid Scene (4/10) | Movieclips

Searching (2018) - Told Me She Ran Away Scene (5/10) | Movieclips

from that awesome Film.

Why?
There were Easter Eggs being dropped within the Film I didn't pick up on, until the Film was almost done.
Neely Fuller Jr- The Difference Between Police Officers And Race Soldiers

Those scenes showed how Powerful a Race Soldier can be, when a Race Soldier interferes with a Non-White person's life; and abuses their Power.

The amount of deception the Race Soldier used was disgusting, and showed how little the Race Soldier valued a Non-White child's life.

Even though it's a fictional Film.
I have no doubt that there have been Race Soldiers who've behaved in this incorrect manner, to withhold truth from Non-White people (Victims of White Supremacy).

Could you imagine being manipulated to this point? Could your imagine someone playing with your mind, and emotions?

When you need constructive help, and the truth?

May every investigation be thorough.
Covid-19.
08/02/2020
Peace.
:peace

typicalvirgo19

The girl was bad. The girl was dangerous.
Reaction score
Reactions
94,220 1,923 174
Alleybux
I'll post scenes from my three go-to movies when I'm bored and can't find anything good on Netflix.

Moonlight

honestly, I was so damn sick of the bully that the first time I watched this I actually yelled at "finally!" He was so horrible to Chiron and with all the crap going on in his life, the last thing he needed was this douchebag who just terrorized him daily.

Room

I can't tell you how many times I've seen this movie, but this part will always make me cry. I like it because they finally got out. Plus there was so much that could have gone wrong leading up to this, but it didn't and they were able to be found.

Insidious

The whole buildup of this was creepy but for Darth Maul's meth head cousin to just pop up behind Josh...made me jump. But the only annoying thing is that this monster looks different in all of the other movies. Like the look is the same...but it's not lol.

oldsoulchild

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,120 156 63
Alleybux
My favorite movie scene is from the movie Marie Antoinette where the palace throws her a huge birthday party.

The absolute glee on her face was so relatable. I also loved how they were going in and out from random scenes of party guests and Marie Antoinette celebrating her birthday with her people. The music, the food, the dresses. I love it.

Then I loved how it ended with MA and her closet friends watching the sun come up over the huge pond. It was so perfect.

I like this movie. It’s cinematic asmr

Pizza

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,132 2,330 558
Alleybux
Something Borrowed, I love this movie.

On one hand Darcy is a narcissist who bulldozes Rachel every which way, cheating on her fiance and becoming pregnant so you are thinking "You don't deserve Dex, you don't deserve your friendship with Rachel". But then you think wait a minute, how could Rachel consider herself a confidante when she is sleeping with her BFs fiance? That movie always have me in my feelings..judging my damn self.

Yes Harry Potter. This scene always makes me tear up. Harry sees the disappointment on Ron's face when he couldn't afford any of the treats. Harry then buys the entire trolley for a kid he just met. Love it.

Shrek

I don't watch animated movies much anymore but this scene kills me every time. I can hear this scene in my head at random times. The comedy for this will always be on point!

Superbad

For some reason seeing a boy get hit by a car triggers me to laugh until I cry. One of my favorite comedies!!!! I'm laughing while typing this!

Johnny5

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,056 738 2,949
Alleybux
Another Leo movie lol. Romeo and Juliet is one of my all time faves. I loveee that Baz had desree come and sing her song she shined so beautifully. One thing baz is ready great at is making the audience feel what characters are meant to be feeling by using camera angles and cinematography. I feel giddy, anxious, happy, and elated while watching this scene.

Se7en is another fave...there are several amazing scenes but the scene where brads character chases John Doe omggg

All of Heath’s scenes in the dark knight omg but especially the interrogation scene and the scene with all the gangsters omgggg legend sh!t.

You have great taste for sure (esp regarding Se7en). Mine is "What 's in the box?!" scene haha. Can't go wrong with that one.

iDream

"I'm bout to put a restraining order on you gang!"
Reaction score
Reactions
29,330 537 44
Alleybux
I have a lot but these two come to mind immediately
https://youtu.be/EG3rzCKQwx0

https://youtu.be/EG3rzCKQwx0
Andy went through so much unfairly, he deserved a happy ending... loved seeing him and Red get to reunite

The beginning of the team really coming together and also of Julius and Gary’s friendship... love it

Victoria Baker Harber

I'm not seasonal. I'm a fµck!ng timeless classic.
Reaction score
Reactions
70,610 2,255 110
Alleybux
I love a lot of the ones posted. Marie Antoniette is so underrated. Also always loved the Romeo and Juliet elevator scene.

I will add this one from Titanic when Rose is being lowered down in the boats. The music starts and the flares come up behind Jack (they look like fireworks). It is so intense and makes me emotional. I love romance movies though so maybe that is why haha.

Also, I know this isn't a movie but I love the motorcycle scene from The Crown. Again the music and just the feel of it is so romantic to me.

Last edited:

744Boss

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,971 1,892 1,986
Alleybux

I love this movie. No one I know gets it but that's ok, it's my little guilty pleasure. Just escape into 2 or 3 times a year.

JaniraBorges

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
139,971 15,919 9,638
Alleybux
This scene from Guess Who's Coming To Dinner makes me cry:

This scene from Almost Famous:

Opening scene from Apocalypse Now:

This scene from Booksmart:

JaniraBorges

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
139,971 15,919 9,638
Alleybux

First 5 minutes of Scream are incredible to me:

744Boss

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,971 1,892 1,986
Alleybux
I enjoyed this movie so much. Can easily rewatch it.

No idea why it got such polarising reviews.
I think because it sort of doesn't go anywhere; that helps me escape into the story. There is no build-up, just one long emotional tone. I'm always left wanting more out of the movie. I can't tell if that's a good or bad feeling. People just expected more but the woman was really not interested in much outside of her little bubble, as shown in the film. She becomes more interested in French affairs as things started to fall apart. This film got booed at the Cannes film festival.

The Culture

News Alley

Ask LSA

Top Bottom