Quantcast

What are your professional dreams as a writer?

Mint

manic pixie it girl
Reaction score
Reactions
79,937 2,313 680
Alleybux
my goal is to live off of my writing. like someone else said, working a 9 to 5 is not for me and i realize it more with each passing day.

crystalsbutnotmeth

DM me 4 $65 Natal Chart Investigations
Reaction score
Reactions
18,191 228 49
Alleybux
To help others heal from my words whether that’s through my books, music, whatever. I want people to read my words and find relief or the courage to start healing something bothering them inside. Writing has helped me heal so much and I want to give back :heart:

2epic4ya

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
11,740 200 98
Alleybux
Since I have yet to publish my fantasy novel ( a lot of the points shared about wanting black kids or black people in general to see stories that were written for them) with my poetry I want people to just see me, see my name out there, but also hope that they can relate to what I'm writing. I also write because I dream of a comfortable life where I don't have to worry about working a job I hate, I want to work hardwork with writing but also have fun with it.

I have so many projects that aren't even poetry or a novel, but comics too that I want to write. I just want to build some sort of empire for myself and to keep putting myself out there, but not necessarily fame, more like a quiet fame where you don't see my name everywhere but to those who know me, will know me in the writer's circle.

BrownCapital

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,345 1,900 1,905
Alleybux
Since I have yet to publish my fantasy novel ( a lot of the points shared about wanting black kids or black people in general to see stories that were written for them) with my poetry I want people to just see me, see my name out there. I also write because I dream of a comfortable life where I don't have to worry about working a job I hate, I want to work hardwork with writing but also have fun with it.

I have so many projects that aren't even poetry or a novel, but comics too that I want to write. I just want to build some sort of empire for myself and to keep putting myself out there, but not necessarily fame, more like a quiet fame where you don't see my name everywhere but to those who know me, will know me in the writer's circle.

I see you mentioned publishing your book. Are you going the traditional route? Or self publishing?

2epic4ya

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
11,740 200 98
Alleybux
I see you mentioned publishing your book. Are you going the traditional route? Or self publishing?

Self-publishing, I already self-published one poetry book with the second one coming out the first day of February. I plan to do the same with my novel.

JaxRhapsody

Rhapsodic Laviathan
Reaction score
Reactions
1,657 121 132
Alleybux
Some supplementary money to have on top of whatever job I have, that may make way for another venture. Get my vision out there and be another notable Louisvillian.

Aanamari

♔ Queen Mystic ♔
Reaction score
Reactions
4,138 217 12
Alleybux
Actually finishing it, instead of leaving it in the drafts. Also publishing a book that expresses what I‘m thinking/intended thoroughly.

Version 2.0

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,106 22 24
Alleybux
A story about a lonely girl who had imaginary friends her whole life, and one day sees one of her "imaginary" friends in the real world. They recognize each other and are both kind of freaked out when they realize each other actually exist.

I would LOVE to read this. I'm in line to buy it when it's ready. Put me on your notification list somehow, please?