Quantcast

What do you think of parents who call their sons "Heartbreakers?"

LiteBrwnSuga

⊹₊ ⋆ fancy free ⊹₊ ⋆
Reaction score
Reactions
44,156 1,064 656
Alleybux
Since the majority of us agree that it's important to teach our sons about responsibility and respecting women, how do you feel about this?

Those who refer to their sons as "heartbreakers" and "ladies man" at a very young age? Do you think these parents are more likely to encourage or allow fuckboi behavior when they get older? Do you think they are less likely to teach their sons about respecting women?

It personally always makes me cringe when I see it happening. Fathers/Mothers posting pics of their 2 year old son calling them these names, and they usually never refer to their daughters as heartbreakers. I assume these parents are more likely to groom or allow certain behaviors during adolescence and young adulthood.

Do you think I'm reaching and they're simply complimenting their son's appearance? Idk I could be making this way too deep and judging unfairly lol.

Queen Ann

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,896 146 221
Alleybux
Since the majority of us agree that it's important to teach our sons about responsibility and respecting women, how do you feel about this?

Those who refer to their sons as "heartbreakers" and "ladies man" at a very young age? Do you think these parents are more likely to encourage or allow fuckboi behavior when they get older? Do you think they are less likely to teach their sons about respecting women?

It personally always makes me cringe when I see it happening. Fathers/Mothers posting pics of their 2 year old son calling them these names, and they usually never refer to their daughters as heartbreakers. I assume these parents are more likely to groom or allow certain behaviors during adolescence and young adulthood.

Do you think I'm reaching and they're simply complimenting their son's appearance? Idk I could be making this way too deep and judging unfairly lol.
Poor parenting at the very least, plus normalizing "fuckboi behavior" and rape culture. It's destructive to our people.

Queen Ann

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,896 146 221
Alleybux
It’s not that serious. It’s just another way to say he’s a handsome young man. Don’t think too hard about it.

Uh, no. It's a "how-to-teach-boys-how-to-behave-like-narcissistic-self-centered-entitled-brats-who-abuse-women" road map. Bad, lazy parenting. It's no wonder we've got grown men acting like spoiled, entitled little psychopaths.

Metaphysique

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
41,065 696 303
Alleybux

I think it sets up destructive and entitled mindsets and behaviors surrounding social and dating dynamics. I loathe anything and everything that sexualizes or fetishizes kids and promotes highly questionable and problematic behaviors, attitudes, and complexes.

Comments like "heartbreaker" and "ladies' man" seem to come from older women who were firmly part of a time and culture where men exercised more power in social and dating dynamics and a charismatic handsome man was seen as the ultimate prize and priority. A man who is highly sought after must be Good. Again, this is how entitlement complexes develop, from receiving these messages from the earliest stages of development. Unfortunately, these attitudes are passed down and are difficult to dispense.

We get these sort of comments about our youngest son. (and my older son when he was little) I think he's positively adorable with his curly hair, almond-shaped eyes, pouty lips, and big dimples. I don't think he'll have any issues attracting his desired type when he's much older, but that doesn't mean he should entertain being an entitled asshat because he's conventionally attractive.

SexyRaccune

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
85,044 2,342 2,078
Alleybux
Just because someone gets their heart broken doesn't mean the guy did anything.

Gorgeous men attract lots of female attention and desire but obviously cant return admiration to them all. So there will be tears and much unrequited love.

Cappi

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,857 2,905 5,506
Alleybux

How old are you?

gaptoof

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,727 939 867
Alleybux
I think it's odd... it projects the child into an adult situation/scenario which I don't think is cute. I would never...

WutUpMyBaby

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
6,067 66 15
Alleybux
My dad said that about my son one day. It would come from someone who was a hoe and an asshole, cheating repeatedly on my mama.

I am hoping he doesn't take after his grandfather with me and his father teaching him the correct way to treat ladies. I'd be so disappointed.

daboywonder2002

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,852 482 455
Alleybux
Listen, ya'll are using the term wrong. When someone says their son is a heartbreaker, it doesn't mean they are gonna go out and become a cheater. It means he is attractive and every woman can't have him. So hearts will be broken. As long as he doesn't become cocky and start feeling himself too much, this is harmless.

sympathetic ear

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,531 144 43
Alleybux
This is very similar to a situation I seem to run into... if a little male baby smiles or otherwise engages with me the mommy will say, "he's flirting with you". I hear what you're saying, OP, and although I believe that they think it's perfectly harmless, words should matter more, especially in this day and age.

Eminem

Slim Shady
Reaction score
Reactions
169,076 10,079 5,127
Alleybux
i dont associate "heartbreaker" with a guy who will be an asshole to women. Just one that flirts and gets a lot of female attention. But I see your point, OP.

Carrie Grant

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,644 486 215
Alleybux
Kinda weird! Just like when a young boy and girl are friends and the grownups say they are "boyfriend and girlfriend" Adults projecting! Can be harmless but still lol.

S O S Y E

Quote me if you want to, I promise you Ioncurr
Reaction score
Reactions
299,805 6,711 1,091
Alleybux
I hate it. My older brother was molested by 25 year old woman (who was babysitting him) when he was like 9. I don’t find those kinds of things funny and am actually disgusted. My son is a toddler and EVERYBODY knows not to play like that with me. A waitress said he was flirting with her when he smiled at a restaurant. I immediately told her he was passing gas before she scurried away. Don’t care who gets mad.

PrettyBoyFlizzy

I'm a GIRL, Damon!
Reaction score
Reactions
141,307 3,733 440
Alleybux
I think it’s weird and inappropriate. Sexualizing underaged children, particularly infants and toddlers, reeks of pedophilia/grooming to me.

Trash. My stepdaughter has a 12 year old son and she posts his pic on Facebook a lot. One of her girlfriends is always commenting stuff like, “look at my boyfriend” he so sexy blah blah. And my trash ass stepdaughter entertains it, thinks it’s funny. She’ll be replaying messages back and forth talking about “he said what’s up baby” like that’s cute.

She would be just the type to think it’s cute when he has an 18 year old girlfriend at 13.

PrettyBoyFlizzy

I'm a GIRL, Damon!
Reaction score
Reactions
141,307 3,733 440
Alleybux
Some of y’all don’t understand the power of these messages we give to our children. Telling the boys that they will be heartbreakers and telling the girls they will break a lot of hearts is all putting those thoughts into their minds that that’s what they should do and it’s fine. Just like telling them that they ain’t sh!t or just like Their sorry ass daddies.

Plutonium Fairy

LSA's Favorite Extraterrestrial
Reaction score
Reactions
45,024 1,549 443
Alleybux
I find it cringeworthy. I get those kind of comments a lot when I am out with my 3 year old son from nurses at the doctors office and random adult women. My 3yr old son is just naturally friendly and affectionate (he loves to hug) but aren't most toddlers are? When the women make comments I just usually roll my eyes or I might call them out on it. Depends on my mood.

Random yt nurse: Your son is just soo handsome! He's definitely going to be a heartbreaker. He's going to have so many girlfriends when he grows up.

Me: Thanks but I'd rather my son to have so many degrees, accolades and a successful career when he grows up instead.

YT nurse: uh...I'm sorry? I didn't mean to offend.

Me: I'm sure you didn't.

*awkward silence*

I am a firm believer that when you constantly tell a child such things then you are projecting it onto them in the future. Words have power. Speaking it into the universe if you will.

My worst fear for my son is that he would be xesually abused by a female teacher, It's just that you read so much about these cases with these female teachers and middle school/high school teachers SMDH. Only my parents and my child's dad can babysit him.

TruthSpoken

I’m honest and they hate it.
Reaction score
Reactions
254,239 12,044 12,882
Alleybux
My family would call my son heartbreaker when he was a baby but since he’s getting older I told him he needs to be mindful of how he treats people because the wrong you do will come back to you.

treesindabreeze

BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
45,450 1,523 948
Alleybux
OP you and the rest of these fonts co-signing this are reaching hard.

Especially the poster above me ^^

As some have already mentioned heartbreaker means your son/nephew is handsome and many girls will want him but not all will be able to have him.

In middle school and highschool Im sure you were heartbroken when the cutest guy in school got locked down by the prettiest girl in school.

Heartbreak does not equal sociopath, many of you have declined dates from guys you were not interested in. Or friend zoned someone. Does that mean you are a sociopath too? Im sure their hearts were broken.

Maxine

Diana Incarnate
Reaction score
Reactions
176,460 4,004 747
Alleybux
This is very similar to a situation I seem to run into... if a little male baby smiles or otherwise engages with me the mommy will say, "he's flirting with you". I hear what you're saying, OP, and although I believe that they think it's perfectly harmless, words should matter more, especially in this day and age.
That is really weird. This lil boy said hi to me and I waved back, the dad said he’s a lady killer. I gave him a weird look, I’m like uh all I did was wave hi lol.

Sista Saved

The BLESSED Font
Reaction score
Reactions
137,633 11,156 10,179
Alleybux
There is too much misery on this website. It's not that serious. They are just complimenting the child's looks and saying girls will like him in the future. If you've passed through teenage years to adulthood and no one has ever wanted you, evaluate yourself. Other women are getting "chose", so you must be the problem.

havananola

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,961 427 26
Alleybux
Op is spot on. I was just having the same conversation with a co-worker months ago. Most behavior is learned. I'm sure most teachers or people who have worked with children have witnessed the same. Thanks OP for starting this conversation. Let children be children!!!

Cancer The Crab

Snip, Snip, Snip
Reaction score
Reactions
36,215 3,080 1,710
Alleybux
Kind of like how at a young age, boys are encouraged to pursue girls and get as many as possible and are uplifted for having xes. But like that thread where that little girl got beat by the belt, the reaction would obviously be different when it should be the same for boys too.

wee bay

You just do you, I'mma do me.
Reaction score
Reactions
6,576 376 253
Alleybux
Today I learned calling your son a 'heartbreaker' is normalizing rape culture.

ezgif-1-6e4fd0eebalapeh.gif

Never change, Lipstick Alley.

SavvySavant

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
19 1
Alleybux
Listen, ya'll are using the term wrong. When someone says their son is a heartbreaker, it doesn't mean they are gonna go out and become a cheater. It means he is attractive and every woman can't have him. So hearts will be broken. As long as he doesn't become cocky and start feeling himself too much, this is harmless.
I agree with this. I think it’s a harmless compliment. On par with saying he’s a cutie pie etc.

havananola

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,961 427 26
Alleybux
I agree with this. I think it’s a harmless compliment. On par with saying he’s a cutie pie etc.
Just using the term heartbreaker is harmless but I think what the OP was leaning towards more of adults pushing adult behavior and mannerisms on kids. I think she just used that term as an example. I have seen so many boys (not preteens, but babies), think or speak about their classmates as if they were property to claim. A lot of them will admit that they got that from their parents, uncles, aunts.

TheLetterD

Fourth Letter of the Alphabet
Reaction score
Reactions
212,106 2,201 476
Alleybux
Apparently, this had the opposite affect on me, because I grew up to have low self esteem and still have trouble being confident in my looks. Maybe it was because I was a “husky” kid that got skinny and then gained weight again, so now I feel like that “husky” kid all over again, despite the fact people say I’m handsome.

pet

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
Reactions
51,464 2,344 2,173
Alleybux
um nothing? Whats wrong with calling him a heart breaker? Its really not that serious. Why yall so miserable.

bornfree1

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
28,030 1,403 2,730
Alleybux
Uh, no. It's a "how-to-teach-boys-how-to-behave-like-narcissistic-self-centered-entitled-brats-who-abuse-women" road map. Bad, lazy parenting. It's no wonder we've got grown men acting like spoiled, entitled little psychopaths.
Ya'll been really messed over you in your feelings about compliments paid to little kids.

Wow