Quantcast

What do you think Pop culture would look like if the Kardashian never existed or got famous ?

TWEET TOMLIN

HAUPTÜBUNGSLEITERIN
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
1,077,318 42,715 6,195
Alleybux
How would anyone know?

What would pop culture look like without Britney?
Without Beyonce?
Without Rihanna?
Without Kanye?
Without Drake?

How would the KKlan have been received without JLo?

There's no telling how anything would have developed.

ALLOFTHIS

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
185,059 4,466 2,068
Alleybux
That's a great debate. I'm sure someone or something, per usual, would have inspired the culture in her absence. Would be lovely if we knew what could have been...I am reading a book now about a girl seeing her life 5 years from present.

However, I don't credit Kim so much as I do social media. We are living in a SM era and we are fµcked because of it. After all the glamour, fame and luxury of the Ks are gone social media will still be prevalent.

Uknowhatsup

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
68,217 1,379 535
Alleybux
That's a great debate. I'm sure someone or something, per usual, would have inspired the culture in her absence. Would be lovely if we knew what could have been...I am reading a book now about a girl seeing her life 5 years from present.

However, I don't credit Kim so much as I do social media. We are living in a SM era and we are fµcked because of it. After all the glamour, fame and luxury of the Ks are gone social media will still be prevalent.
Please do share the book title

Nadia Makita

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
164,486 6,836 6,161
Alleybux
People don’t want to give them credit but those girls inspired a lot. Big butt surgery going mainstream, big lip surgery among young people

Prettier

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,411 2,772 876
Alleybux
The Kardashian asethetic is real. It may be a mix of several different asethetic but you know it when you see it. And a crazy amount of people are trying to emulate it.

The first thing insult y’all give the wannabe ig models are they are a fake Kim K or Kylie wannabe.

texasnaija

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,775 107 263
Alleybux
There likely just would have been other socialites who would take their place. Remember, before the Kardashians it was Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie. However, those other socialites would not have had the longevity the Kardashians have had.

Luxheaux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
38,328 2,114 903
Alleybux
I don’t think the Kardashians were the forefathers of anything. Once they started emulating black women & getting involved with black men is when their clout train started.

Ugly on us is beautiful on them.

anxietyangel

ihatemyanxiety
Reaction score
Reactions
196 3
Alleybux
i definitely feel as though the beauty standard that they have continued to perpetuate and profit from, would significantly be reduced

Yonce PR

Chicks suffering from DC PTSD like it’s 1998
Reaction score
Reactions
196,431 6,203 3,900
Alleybux
Instagram models are off brand versions of video vixens. That’s not Kardashian’s influence, some are copies of their aesthetic, but it’s originators were the vixens. Buffie, Melyssa and them. Y’all giving this family too much credit.

Last edited:

Pearlfection

Khaleesi of the Great Grass Bayou
Reaction score
Reactions
336,509 5,211 2,327
Alleybux
How would anyone know?

Without Beyonce?
Without Rihanna?
Without Kanye?
Without Drake?

This is a good point because Kim is J Lo's daughter. Without the Diddy/J Lo tree, Ray J and Kim don't happen. So meh, if it wasn't her it would be somebody else, who cares..

Blessed28

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,726 9,124 12,528
Alleybux
The Kardashian asethetic is real. It may be a mix of several different asethetic but you know it when you see it. And a crazy amount of people are trying to emulate it.

The first thing insult y’all give the wannabe ig models are they are a fake Kim K or Kylie wannabe.
This!

Kim K K W

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,728 4,250 7,640
Alleybux
Someone else would have taken theiir place.

Fashion, Body, Hair makeup, would all be different. So many people copy Kim and Kylie

Kim made curvy bodies acceptable and desirable to the masses

Kylie made that whole Glam makeup Insta lip filler so popular. The majority of women copy their glam.

Colorful hair became normalized because of Kylie.

Kardashian Hair. So many people copy the long part in the middle big waves look.

Those ghetto ass ugly ugly nails became mainstream because of them.

Kanye is not a Kardashian but they saw the KJs wearing the stuff and everyone even other celebs knock off the whole Yeezy aesthetic.
Kanye starts a lot of fashion movement look when he decided those hideous tiny sunglasses were in style then all the sudden after the KJ wore them you would see all these different celebs wearing them too

PinkPrint

The bad guy, Chun Li
Reaction score
Reactions
4,057 97 88
Alleybux
The influence in the past 10 yrs only grew stronger...women wanted to be sexier, curvier and were more bold with their hair and make up choices to emulate specially Kim and kylies visuals...they’ve brought some elements of black culture to whyte girls that they wouldn’t try in public like braids, wigs and tanners...fillers and hugging body fits.
Sm exploded with their daily presence and appeal. And reality tv for sure grew more with everyone wanting to be famous, rich, get perks and invites, copying their mkt strategies and momager or machine...

JaniraBorges

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
139,960 15,917 9,638
Alleybux
How would anyone know?

Without Beyonce?
Without Rihanna?
Without Kanye?
Without Drake?

All of the other people you mentioned are actually famous based on merit and hard work.

Blessed28

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,726 9,124 12,528
Alleybux
The influence in the past 10 yrs only grew stronger...women wanted to be sexier, curvier and were more bold with their hair and make up choices to emulate specially Kim and kylies visuals...they’ve brought some elements of black culture to whyte girls that they wouldn’t try in public like braids, wigs and tanners...fillers and hugging body fits.
Sm exploded with their daily presence and appeal. And reality tv for sure grew more with everyone wanting to be famous, rich, get perks and invites, copying their mkt strategies and momager or machine...
Yep whether people like it or not, their impact and influence cannot be denied.

fancygyal

meghan’s biotch
Reaction score
Reactions
197,564 17,113 16,125
Alleybux

The Kardashian sisters brought in a new beauty standard. They made it cool to have big butts and to have tan skin and to have wigs. Our fashion trends and beauty culture would be way different right now

fancygyal

meghan’s biotch
Reaction score
Reactions
197,564 17,113 16,125
Alleybux

Fashion, Body, Hair makeup, would all be different. So many people copy Kim and Kylie

Kylie made that whole Glam makeup Insta lip filler so popular. The majority of women copy their glam.

Kardashian Hair. So many people copy the long part in the middle big waves look.

Kanye is not a Kardashian but they saw the KJs wearing the stuff and everyone even other celebs knock off the whole Yeezy aesthetic.
Kanye starts a lot of fashion movement look when he decided those hideous tiny sunglasses were in style then all the sudden after the KJ wore them you would see all these different celebs wearing them too
Yes. They popularized the whole ig baddie “exxxotical” look

Kenzainfluenza

Zouiten
Reaction score
Reactions
9,584 456 352
Alleybux
I've always wondered about this because I actually think they rode an incoming wave and contributed significantly on the direction it took. I might be misremembering but during the 90s and 2000's there was an even split between the Paris Hilton/Lindsay Lohan and the Hilary Duff/Raven Symone followers...it was like the materialistic uber glam vs down to earth/girl next door aesthetic. The Kardashian came on the scene and adopted black culture and aesthetic which tends to lean more glam but still appealed to the white mainstream. So in that sense they got coverage on both sides. They def came off relatable in the beginning with their "rich people are just like us" schtick but they've become out of touch with reality many seasons ago.

They also happened to rise to fame at the same time as social media did. As they become more rich and famous their instagram aesthetic started to change and the masses slowly followed. They're never originators but they're famous so wtv they copy just automatically gets attributed to them, for example contouring. I think they helped push this ridiculous facetune and photoshop movement into mainstream consciousness. The fact that people think it's perfectly normal to look SO different on social media without any shame is distorted. They also hit the nail on the head with their over the top flaunting of wealth at the time. We live in an envy culture, everyone is dissatisfied and constantly checking to see how much better others seem to be doing in life. 80% of this sh!t is fraudulent and the Kardashians represent that on the biggest scale (especially with these billionaire lies).

I actually think we were due for another cultural shift in the 2010s (like we do every 10 years) but they got lucky they had Kendall and Kylie to rely on to grab onto the gen zs. I know it SOUNDS ridiculous but hear me out:

Gen Z is growing up in the social media age and with the Jenners riding on the Kardashian fame train they managed to be some of the first famous teens on instagram at that time...Keep in mind not many celebrities jumped on the insta train right away but the Kardashian/Jenners were some of the first. So every 12 year old signing up for instagram saw Kim & Kylie as one pf the biggest celebs of their generation based on their instagram account fame. They are literally the OG social media influencers and with that they created a new lane in celebrity culture. They are "regular" people (not a singer, not an actress, not an heiress, not a muse who 'hates the fame') who desperately want to be famous and have much better access to money and resources to do it. Kim tried wtv she could - singing, acting, modelling and nothing would stick because she's not talented. I actually often wonder how much influence kris had on their rise and how much of it was just good timing and pure luck. They literally became famous for being famous DESPITE trying so hard to be famous for something. Also Kanye REALLY helped!!!!!!!!

so all in all what i'm trying to say is I think it would've been something totally different...

JaneDoe2

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,716 215 176
Alleybux

Also don’t forget these neutral color trend. The Ks always wear underwhelming colors. I have never seen this trend before till they started popping.

notiboo

Don’t @ me, I promise I won’t read it.
Reaction score
Reactions
9,075 349 260
Alleybux
Society would be so much better. I'm not saying society's problems are solely their fault, but they introduced a lot of really messed up things in society. This is just my opinion:

Cosmetic procedures, especially lip fillers and BBLs, would not be as normalized, especially in teenagers/young adults. Kylie got these youngins all the way fµcked up. She was rewarded HEAVILY for changing her looks at 16-17 years old and acting grown. Now all these little girls want to act grown as soon as they become teenagers.

There would be so much less of these kids online doing dumb sh!t on purpose just so they can be labeled controversial and go viral. Black fishing would nowhere near as excessive as it has been this past decade. People would still get into flex culture, but I didn't really hear about people going into extreme debt just to flex on social media until they came along. I remember when I first heard of photo editing apps and got into it before it was such a common thing and getting called out for it (because it was extremely obvious and crazy), but now it's almost normal for people to use filters and edit their photos/videos. That wasn't normalized until they came along.

All these celebratory things like push presents, gender reveal parties, $300 roses, etc. were NOT a thing that everyone felt pressured to do until they made them so popular.