Quantcast

What does it mean when a man keeps asking "Do you need anything?'

Coco Campbell

Do Not Normalize Mistreatment
Reaction score
Reactions
215,725 12,397 7,403
Alleybux
Just be prepared to give him what he wants.
I think it is way too early to be asking for big-ticket items.
I am hesitant to advise you against these potential life lessons.
So go for it but be cautious.
Are you ok with dating your daddy, really?
Because this man has more experience, he will have the upper hand.

Last edited:

beautifulmay

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,504 728 214
Alleybux
they just ask just to ask
Just to seem like they caring

someone would always ask me if I ate but never offered to buy me food

Thats an interesting perspective. Hopefully this man will put his money where his mouth is

beautifulmay

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,504 728 214
Alleybux
Just be prepared to give him what he wants.
I think it is way too early to be asking for big-ticket items.
Are you ok with dating your daddy, really?
This man has more experience and will have the upper hand in y'all relationship due to experience.
I will never advise you out of learning life lessons so go for it.​
I hear you. No way this guy is as old as my dad though, must have had kids young but then again I don’t actually know his age yet.

I definitely agree with the “big ticket” items and hopefully this dent that I mentioned isn’t too big.

With regards to giving him what he wants he doesn’t strike me as pushy for xes but men are still men I guess. What I will say is that earlier on we were texting and he said he’d be open to marrying again and having more children then asked my opinion on it. So there’s that. I don’t want someone who thinks things are going to get serious soon as I know older men usually are pressed to find someone to remarry once divorced or widowed

GoodVitamins

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Hey ladies! So I recently met a man and he has been nothing but a gentleman. I met him at an airport and he owns several businesses and is clearly well-off. We've been texting for a little while now and this is the second time he's asked me "If I need anything." I'm not sure what he means by this question nor do I know if I should ask for anything. The first time he asked I said I'm good however I know that men need to feel like they are needed so I honestly would feel kind of awkward not inquiring or asking for something. Do you think he means money or something of the sort? He is older, divorced, has a child my age if that makes a difference. What should I ask him for? If we are being real I recently got a dent in my car that I want fixed, but idk if it's appropriate to ask him for something like that. I only met him a few weeks ago and when I got back into town a few days after meeting him he got his business driver to drive me back to my house from the airport...real classy, luxury car open the door type sh!ts.

Thanks for the input!
Sis, what airport was this? Did you stand in a particular area? What were you wearing? etc Asking for a friend!

beautifulmay

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,504 728 214
Alleybux
Sis, what airport was this? Did you stand in a particular area? What were you wearing? etc Asking for a friend!
San Francisco international! We were both flying in from LA, idk if we were on the same flight or not but I'm already aware that the SF has some ballers lol.

And girl I was looking basic. Skinny jeans, sandals, sports jacked on, hair in a high bun. I looked pretty average but probably cute and dainty to him. I actually accidentally bumped into him and we were both looking to exist and we both ended up going the wrong way. Anyhow, he apologized, waited for me, then we walked and chatted together to baggage claim (though we both didn't have checked in bags) lol. Complete fluke!

GoodVitamins

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
San Francisco international! We were both flying in from LA, idk if we were on the same flight or not but I'm already aware that the SF has some ballers lol.

And girl I was looking basic. Skinny jeans, sandals, sports jacked on, hair in a high bun. I looked pretty average but probably cute and dainty to him. I actually accidentally bumped into him and we were both looking to exist and we both ended up going the wrong way. Anyhow, he apologized, waited for me, then we walked and chatted together to baggage claim (though we both didn't have checked in bags) lol. Complete fluke!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

My friend was just saying she always wanted to go back to visit San Fransisco as well

CuuntyAunty

I can’t teach you my magic…
Reaction score
Reactions
101,842 5,083 2,954
Alleybux

Did you used to live in Vegas?

beautifulmay

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,504 728 214
Alleybux
UPDATE: Earlier in the day he texted me asking foe my email. So right now he just texted me saying that he sent over the estimate and that this place works on a lot of luxury cars and he “trusts” them. He then said “your call though.” FYI the estimate is almost double what a friend said he would do the job for, but I’m sure this place will fix the dent to perfection with factory parts but still..kind of sounds like he expects me to pay.

*b!tch I THOUGHT! Lol

Anyways, anything I can say or do to save this situation?

Blueberry77

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,884 422 143
Alleybux
He’s trying to appear helpful. Only time will tell if he actually is. Ask for something inconvenient that he can’t pay for easily and see what happens, or if you don’t feel comfortable doing that just wait and see. Time will tell.

atljawga

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
50,830 1,070 346
Alleybux
UPDATE: Earlier in the day he texted me asking foe my email. So right now he just texted me saying that he sent over the estimate and that this place works on a lot of luxury cars and he “trusts” them. He then said “your call though.” FYI the estimate is almost double what a friend said he would do the job for, but I’m sure this place will fix the dent to perfection with factory parts but still..kind of sounds like he expects me to pay.

*b!tch I THOUGHT! Lol

Anyways, anything I can say or do to save this situation?

You should tell him that while you trust they would do great work, and you’d prefer that, it’s more than you anticipated. But thank him for checking. I would leave it kind of open-ended and not mention your friend who could do it. It gives him a slight crack to offer to help.

At least that’s how I’d handle it; but other ladies may have better advice.

Laaaayla

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
146,920 2,503 1,116
Alleybux
Why don't you just ask him?
I agree I’d just ask him what he means. Or even before he asks again mention the rent and how it’s kinda stressing you out. If he’s offering to help you financially he’ll ask follow up questions and ask what he could do to help etc

beautifulmay

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,504 728 214
Alleybux
You should tell him that while you trust they would do great work, and you’d prefer that, it’s more than you anticipated. But thank him for checking. I would leave it kind of open-ended and not mention your friend who could do it. It gives him a slight crack to offer to help.

At least that’s how I’d handle it; but other ladies may have better advice.
Thanks! I think an open ended approach would be best. As of now I simply told him I’d take a look at it when I got home.

MEEEETOOO

Da cutest chick u ever saw is a Chickasaw squaw
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
46,580 1,628 578
Alleybux
Ask him!
I be like yeah I need my hair laid bills paid you down?

OKAYYY..lol

Don't play with me ninja cause I'll be like...

tenor.gif

I gotta whole LIST 4 DAT ASS....lol

Chriza28

Time-out again
Benched
Time Out
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
108,408 7,514 8,020
Alleybux
If he is an older man with money, he knows how to get what he wants from younger women.

Be careful you don't fall into the trap, if that's the kind of man he is.

Or he could be genuine and just testing you

Tell him there's a movie you really want to see.

Last edited:

Aret noone

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
25,999 2,915 835
Alleybux
Hes trying to buy you and your xes. Don't take anything from him, nor ask him for anything. Unless you want to have that type of transactional situation. Firstly, he is a stranger. You do not know this man, nor should you have gotten in a car with a "driver" of his or going anywhere except somewhere publicly with him. You don't even know if what anything that he has said to you is true. You don't know how anything. He could be trying to traffic you himself, sell you, chain you up somewhere you'll never see the light of day again. If you accept anything from him it isn't for free.
It isn't a red flag to you that some stranger is picking women up at the airport and using money to lure them in. The fact that he keeps asking you basically "How much are you?" , "What's your price?" (That's what he means by that) is okay with you. You are okay with men treating you like a prostitute? You are okay with devaluing yourself. You are okay with asking and accepting things from strange men.
He's going to make you wish that you never met him.

Personally, I wouldn't take anything from him and if he kept asking, he would be out of my life permanently.

Make your own money for the things you need and want.

Also, please think about your safety .

You don't know him, nor who he associates himself with but yet you're getting into a car with a stranger automatically without assuming that you he may not take you home, and could have taken you anywhere and done anything to you. Also telling some stranger where you live smh.

Last edited:

News Alley

General Alley

Top Bottom