Quantcast

What drew you to/away from God?

voodoochile

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
253 4 8
Alleybux
Reading the bible turned me away from god, I decided that I would never worship a being so hateful and spiteful.

Through my own endeavours life experiences I have developed a new concept of "god" (I do not necessarily worship it) that I am comfortable with.

Mz. Haze

<span style="color: pink;"><span style="color: pin
Reaction score
Reactions
10,095 2 5
Alleybux
From: irritating Christians, shenanigans in the church, the death of my father, youth
To: spiritual occurences, seeking a personal relationship, witnessing His work in my life, learning to trust Him, fulfilled promises when all seemed lost, God got me , for real

Zaddy Maxson

'Doesn't Bite'
Reaction score
Reactions
1,562 9 14
Alleybux
From (the Christian God):
1) The bible is full of contradictions.
2)I did not like the idea of interpreting the bible any way I felt like - I found the differences between Catholics, Evangelists, Witnesses etc. pointless - either you follow it word for word, or just don't call yourself a christian.
3) The Christian God is evil, a tyrant.
4) Christianity is the creation of white Europeans, who are all messed up and closer to the devil than any other race.

However, I am spiritually inclined.

MissMIY

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,617 57 11
Alleybux
I feel like my mom is drawing me away... she's trying to draw me in but she pushes me away because I find her beliefs to be extreme sometimes. My mom used to just be normal. .we went to church some weeks,other weeks we didn't. Then I turned 15/16 and she became what id call an extreme by the book christian. Always telling us we need to pay tithe and stuff.. & I sometimes wish she was a little more how she used to be.

What draws me to God: ppls testimony. Like the one someone posted about their mom. People seeing spirits and things.

I want so badly to believe in God because it puts a person at ease when they know that there is something better after life... but I always question it.

I feel like im more spiritual than religious.

Steeler Fan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,803 108 21
Alleybux
To: (in childhood) Promises and fantasies of what could be.

AutumnShadow

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,817 794 154
Alleybux
Thanks so much. I was so angry at God. I mean ANGRY. That my mom who was saved, sanctified and Holy Ghost filled for over thirty years SUFFERED such a painful death. I didnt realize that her suffering was for me to return home to His arms. Not once did she curse God. Through every pain she just praised Him and when I told her her ride was here. Her face....It's inexplicable. When I was fixing her gown...I felt like I was fixing it for Christ, I made sure that when the angels took her...that she looked pretty. I just praised God. I immediately dropped to my knees and thanked Him for taking her. The nurse called my sister and said all she heard was my sister screaming Thank you Jesus. I will serve God until the end. My last breath. My mother's final prayer was to save her girls. My sister got saved first, then I got saved. My daughter got saved shortly after me and finally my neice, who was an athiest, got saved!!! God is amazing, I am literally just sitting here bawling because of the love He has placed in my heart for others....someone better find me a tambourine.

You got me crying at my desk. Beautiful testimony. I'm glad that you all were able to return back to God. Some people don't realize that sometimes, we go through things not because we did something or because He's trying to teach us a specific lesson, but to help someone else. Again, beautiful testimony.

Oh, interesting quote about Satan assigning his own to people as well (concerning your niece's ex-fiance). Never thought about this concept