Quantcast

What drew you to spirituality?

WendyAddams

Financial Dominatrix
Reaction score
Reactions
6,715 181 136
Alleybux
However you interrupt or define spirituality, how and when did your interest begin?

Are there specific divinations (e.g., astrology, tarot, numerology, energy work, etc.) that interest you? When you practice or seek answers in a specific divination, what kind of guidance are looking for from the universe/spirit?

I’m really interested in how people came to develop an interest in the spiritual arts.

LuxuriousL

The Black Barbara Walters
Reaction score
Reactions
36,867 423 113
Alleybux
One day I got super high, like outer this world high. I started thinking about religions and spirituality. I'm interested in astrology because I believe your natal chart is the key to YOUR life. I also KNOW energy is alive & well.

BadEraLove

las mujeres negras están hechas de la mejor miel
Reaction score
Reactions
75,546 1,230 766
Alleybux
being done with religion but knowing that my work with god wasn’t finished. i started getting closer to nature and astrology, and it just took off from there. i have a few crystals but im ready to strengthen my intuition with some tarot cards.

DolceDiva

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
214,339 2,851 865
Alleybux
There’s something comforting about knowing your ancestors are still around and waiting to help you. That made more sense to me than a sky daddy. I’m still searching for my divination tho.

Mahkeva

Your Fave French Font
Reaction score
Reactions
71,829 3,895 385
Alleybux
I’m christian (catholic) and after 1 year of depression in 2018 I started to be closer to God than I was before my depression, but I realized that I didn’t have to go to church every sundays nor following the Pope or smtg like that to be a good believer.
I just need my Bible and my faith, I don’t want a third party to interfere between me and God.

At that time, to battle with my depression and phobia I was using lot of spiritual techniques like meditation, yoga, hypnosis and binaural beats and that helped me a LOT. Then I stumbled across this forum in 2019 and now I’m definitely not catholic but more like a spiritual christian who use LOA, manifestations, crystals, meditation etc...

emile20

LYLM
Reaction score
Reactions
49,123 10,825 4,850
Alleybux
tarot, numerology interest me and suprisingly LSA ! I got a reading here and have been hooked since. I feel so much closer to myself and my purpose since finding out here

afrodite88

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
150,709 7,153 1,337
Alleybux
I was obsessed with a goddess because I thought she was similar to me, I didn't understand why I was drawn to certain things. Then I started reading about astrology and its planetary associations. After studying astrology to understand self, getting my Vedic reading and vivid dreams, I was like this stuff is very real! I love it!

Reaction score
Reactions
15,356 80 23
Alleybux
Angel numbers were following me everywhere, I thought I was going crazy so I started googling and fell down a rabbit hole lmao then I started meditating and once had a super high experience where I connected with a passed loved one who "told' me to check on another family member who was actually in emotional distress at that exact moment so I was like damn this is is for real

WendyAddams

Financial Dominatrix
Reaction score
Reactions
6,715 181 136
Alleybux
I was obsessed with a goddess because I thought she was similar to me, I didn't understand why I was drawn to certain things. Then I started reading about astrology and its planetary associations. After studying astrology to understand self, getting my Vedic reading and vivid dreams, I was like this stuff is very real! I love it!

Who was the goddess?

crystalsbutnotmeth

DM me 4 $65 Natal Chart Investigations
Reaction score
Reactions
18,191 228 49
Alleybux
Pain and despair. There was a string of deaths, illnesses, and hospitalizations in my family. I was a hot mess lol. I think what started my journey was my desperate need/want to heal others. A really close family member was in the hospital just sick and I wanted to heal them. I think my dreams returned to me and I was guided to crystals and herbs. Then to astrology, then to angel numbers. I’ve been fully immersed ever since and I’m so glad.

I owe it all to my loved one who passed away. She pushed me into it and woke me up.

Selenadominates

Only here on the weekends
Reaction score
Reactions
121,078 3,174 3,052
Alleybux
I was always into astrology, but it was very surface level. While being on LSA I came across a crystal thread, then I started learning about that. Eventually I started learning about manifestion and from there I just started doing my own research. From there I learned about hoodoo, witchcraft, ect.

SageDew

Lighten up, it's just LSA
Reaction score
Reactions
9,987 141 23
Alleybux
I won't lie, a brother that I met off a dating app put me on (he doesn't know that tho). He was fine AF and "woke", but never forced information on me or tried to "awaken" me either. (You know how some people are). He was who he was, I was who I was, and we just vibed really well. Duality, you know? We were never serious tho and the communication fizzled out after a few months lol

But my general interest in spirituality continued/heightened. A lot of things just happened concurrently. I just remember going to a store and purchasing crystals that corresponded with chakras. Tarot/Oracles came a few years later. I started reading/researching a lot about BlackAmerican, Caribbean, and African spirituality/"religions" as well as herbs, nutrition/food. My local library had a lot of books on all of these topics. My dear friend (bless her soul) was the only one IRL that I could share my findings with, we would discuss a lot, and since we lived in different cities it was tradition for us to visit a metaphysical store every time we linked. I was also found a group of likeminded sisters online and we would meet from time to time.

I had been going through a milestone in life, so regrettably I hadn't really been focusing much on spirituality for the last few months, and I noticed the effect it had on me. I'm happy to say that I've refocused and getting my ish back together.

yayaveve

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
869 76 4
Alleybux
childhood trauma (absent father, dead brother, abuse etc...). I wanted to learn why this sh!t was happening to me & I don't mean it in a victimizing way. I honestly wanted to learn why this is happening to me, how to make any sense out of it, how do I cope & how can it possibly benefit me. I'm very grateful for the opportunity to learn & explore spirituality in a world of free knowledge... because I would not know how to keep living if I did not believe in a higher power.

shedaone

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,819 926 882
Alleybux
Back to Back heartbreaks, one of them being a divorce. It just didn’t make sense how the tables shifted to worse possible scenario beyond my control. After digging deep, discovered spirituality and birth charts learning I am unrequited love like literally and figuratively.... sigh

WendyAddams

Financial Dominatrix
Reaction score
Reactions
6,715 181 136
Alleybux
Back to Back heartbreaks, one of them being a divorce. It just didn’t make sense how the tables shifted to worse possible scenario beyond my control. After digging deep, discovered spirituality and birth charts learning I am unrequited love like literally and figuratively.... sigh
What did you see in your chart that made you think you’re “unrequited love?”

mswinner

when the doves cry
Reaction score
Reactions
22,796 486 59
Alleybux
My grandmother, she has been into healing, LOA, metaphysics, money work, scripting. She became a spiritualist after overcoming domestic abuse in her younger years. If involves intention and positivity, she has done it. My grandma taught me how to script and use the Law of Attraction when I was 3. My mom's whole family are spiritual non-traditionalists. It has made for a very rich practice for myself.

Ourania

Ascending
Reaction score
Reactions
37,741 697 361
Alleybux
I was coming out of an abusive relationship and felt confused and lost (this was years ago and I was very young). Found myself wandering around in Barnes and Noble and came across this beginner's book on Wicca and fell (happily) down the rabbit hole. I'm not Wiccan but Wicca was my "gateway" and foundation. Still have the book to this day.

shedaone

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,819 926 882
Alleybux
What did you see in your chart that made you think you’re “unrequited love?”
It wasn’t that I seen specific things and knew, once I started researching for interpretation, I found out it was unrequited love, it’s based on what you have in the 12th house, the house of suffering. And it’s been almost 10 years so I know it to be true based on my past.

WendyAddams

Financial Dominatrix
Reaction score
Reactions
6,715 181 136
Alleybux
Hmmmm...I’m quite curious in how you arrived at that conclusion. If you don’t mind, I would like to look at your chart.

The 12th house is not the house of suffering. :( It’s the most powerful house, albeit misunderstood house, in the chart. It is the house of spirit, the collective unconscious, the soul, and ascension. Many people, including astrologers, don’t understand the 12th house, because they can’t perceive/understand the intangible.

The misrepresentation of the 12th house is a thorn in my side with the astrological community.

Edit: please do not quote this post.

Last edited: