Quantcast

What has been your experience with dating/dealing with older men?

Reaction score
Reactions
166,894 7,229 4,005
Alleybux
post the good and the bad. are older men really better than younger men? I think so but I would like to hear other standpoints.

Samantha Brick

English Rose
Reaction score
Reactions
338 30 14
Alleybux
... yes, i have a father, uncles, and have had male teachers :dunno:

BummyBetty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
25,399 919 371
Alleybux
Ive never been a real relationship but I am longing for an older man with some excellent pipe game

FreeYourMind

Student Nurse | Class of 24'
Reaction score
Reactions
1,260 26 3
Alleybux
Yes!

They are straight to the point and they know what they want in a relationship. The bad? Well, if you are not ready for a committed relationship, they can be very worry some. They are most likely not trying to date casually and want to be in a serious relationship with you and might be very forward with where they see you in their future, but I love them! The oldest I have ever dated (Don't judge me LSA) was 42. It didn't work out because he moved out of town and I'm not good at long distance relationships.

ETA: But of course, not all are like this. Some can be just as childish as the youngins'.

HowYouLoveThat

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,881 96 79
Alleybux
They play as many games just as younger men but at a different level, however, I still prefer them.

IIOO

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,793 11,773 29,821
Alleybux
post the good and the bad. are older men really better than younger men? I think so but I would like to hear other standpoints.

Did you have a father growing up? This subject comes up every week. Maybe you ladies need therapy.

Rumi.

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
310 1 2
Alleybux
When they are those older handsome men who have aged impeccably and can rock a suit like no other. Than behind the scenes they let loose and become the epitome of freak. There is no stroke like the one of a VERY experienced man who drips masculinity.

1ifolv.gif

Soap Mama

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,432 280 55
Alleybux
Terrible. They were selfish lovers, damaged by previous marriages, could only have xes ONCE and sometimes they couldn't get fully hard. I tried two times, both with men 15 years older (I was 32 & 33) and will NEVER do that ish again.

Dark Desire

Yellow and Gold...Bright and Bold....
Reaction score
Reactions
24,745 493 212
Alleybux
Generous, but controlling as hell. They automatically think they're smarter than you, because of the age difference.

Niqui

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,005 168 119
Alleybux
My husband is older & it's the best relationship I've been in. When we met, there were no games. He knew what he wanted & so did I. He had played his games during his younger years & that sh#t was out of his system. I wouldn't have it any other way.....

The only problem is, he's still a gamer like a little boy, lol. But that, too, keeps him home & out of trouble, lol.....

Chatter

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
195,709 15,084 3,156
Alleybux
How much older are you thinking and how old are you?
Because at certain age gaps, they're prolly only looking to run game on you at some level or they'll take advantage of your naivety.
Be leery of a 40 year old man looking in the early 20s dating pool.

Eva Marie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,492 311 481
Alleybux
They're controlling or abusive Clearly, there something wrong if he not searching for a woman in his age group. I don't know why many fonts on here try to date these men seriously. It just weird.

Marie8888

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,123 2,600 788
Alleybux
Very straight to the point.. I have dated two and each didn't mind helping me financially giving me 1000+ at any given time. They like to feel like they are needed . One was controlling wanting me to be readily available to him all the time. They don't grasp the concept that up are still young and might want to have a girls day. The fallout out to me was just I didn't see myself introducing them to any of my family member mother etc because they were older. I was around 21 he was 34. The other was 43 and I was 23. My friends knew I dated them though

Kinu

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,834 79 35
Alleybux
I haven't dated very many men, but the older ones that I've dated, I loved. IMO, they are more settled ( the ones I encountered), they already know what they want and are very generous with their time and affection, which is what I love. I love affection and time (I'm spoiled in that area).

The down side for ME, was this particular older guy wouldn't accept no for an answer, I only wanted to be his friend but he would always "remind" me of how compatible we were and how he's shown me that he can take care of me and my daughter blah blah blah. He had been married 2 times already... He was and is a super nice guy but ended up having to cut all ties with him because he wouldn't accept that fact that I only wanted to be friends. I'm speaking from my experience only.

Babies.on.Board

TrophyWife
Reaction score
Reactions
57,700 1,039 191
Alleybux
Yes!

They are straight to the point and they know what they want in a relationship. The bad? Well, if you are not ready for a committed relationship, they can be worry some. They are most likely not trying to date casually and want to be in a serious relationship with you and might be very forward with where they see you in their future, but I love them!

All of this!

My husband is older... After just one night of conversation, he knew he was ready to do what he had to do, to get and keep me.
We met, dated and married, in a matter of weeks. I was barely legal, and straight out of high school, but it was all so grown up. No drama, no bµllsh!t, no worries about how he felt for me.

I didn't know exactly what I wanted or needed, but I knew he was the truth... Fifteen years later, and he's still the truth! :love:

ETA:
My husband is older & it's the best relationship I've been in. When we met, there were no games. He knew what he wanted & so did I. He had played his games during his younger years & that sh#t was out of his system. I wouldn't have it any other way.....

The only problem is, he's still a gamer like a little boy, lol. But that, too, keeps him home & out of trouble, lol.....

:highfive: Yes honey, all of that, right on down to being a gamer, like a little boy. I don't mind playing with him, though. We put the kids to sleep, and take bets, on games. :laugh:

ThirdEyeStye

Butthole Surfer
Reaction score
Reactions
28,392 589 659
Alleybux
Generous, but controlling as hell. They automatically think they're smarter than you, because of the age difference.

Cosigns. This is exactly what I was going to say. They are older and more set in their ways. You know how a lot of men think "women only want money"? Older men are like that only they HAVE the money so they aren't so bitter about that. BUT, they often think "financially support her and make her shut up". They are better providers, if you have a good one he will care about you and be protective, but their experience can make things difficult. They have already been there done that, so what's new for you will be old news to them. So fun and new experiences won't be quite as exciting to share. They will also treat you like you are stupid. Older guys love to say "oh you're young, you just don't understand".

If you can handle being patronized, you will enjoy em.

CountingStars

Being Mad Because You’re a Gangstalker is Weird
Reaction score
Reactions
65,515 2,460 2,096
Alleybux
When you get to ripe peach in womanhood it's good. :) cuz you know what you want and how to handle sh!t. You're not too young anymore and not too old either...at your peak.

FreeYourMind

Student Nurse | Class of 24'
Reaction score
Reactions
1,260 26 3
Alleybux
They're controlling or abusive Clearly, there something wrong if he not searching for a woman in his age group. I don't know why many fonts on here try to date these men seriously. It just weird.

Some are exactly like what you just described and I have met those type (YUCK!), but not all are like that. Nothing's weird about real love if it is indeed genuine, but I still get what you are saying. If a guy in his 40s-50s aim for just dating young women in general, then it can come off a little bit perverse. I guess it's up to both parties on what exactly are they looking for in a relationship.

Shezsolovely

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,124 2,551 1,073
Alleybux
for me, a lot of young women feel it's a way to get to that stability they desire, but i just can't relate to older men. they can be controlling and typically less entertaining because of age. this is my opinion. you aren't really equally yoked, but hey, if you love it, i love it.

AllLashes

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
180,023 3,953 397
Alleybux
I have nothing but good experiences with them--there are a few slick ones but they treasure your beauty and youth.

I like the ones that are true gentlemen, they've already planned and thought about all of your needs and brig gifts or find out what you like. In xes, they make sure you get yours first.. cause they don't want to e slacking in comparison to a youngin.

get a cultured one, you can learn alot

MissDupree

The Chosen One
Reaction score
Reactions
10,260 214 19
Alleybux
I've had several.

Let's see. I was 32 and he was fiddy five n fine chile!! His drink of choice? Crown Royal lololol! He had swag and his xes game was so got.damn.good!

He could fµck for hours, ya hear me? Had me laying in the bed in the fetal position WEEPING & QUEEFING shuga!

Spoiled me too! Ahhhh the memories!

See whatchall done did! You ever think about that good xes and get the chills? Be sitting there thinking about it, next thing you know, you're like "ooooh sh!t". You could be in the car at a light, on the bus, train, don't matter. Then you start thinking " I wonder what so n so doin" lololol

Lemme snap out of it .....

Polly Pop

Duchess of Venice
Reaction score
Reactions
725 22 4
Alleybux
Younger versus Older men.... Well. Older men used to be my favorite ones but now I think that sometimes the younger are the best. There are pros and cons though. Based on my previous experience, I can tell you:

YOUNGER MEN - PROS
- they are funnier and more spontaneous
- thus they will deal with your goofy, girly and spontaneous moments in a better way
- they will less likely judge you
- they are less skeptical about love, so they will fall in love with you more easily
- BIGGEST ADVANTAGE: they have had less previous relationships, chances are they don't have children or ex wives so they don't have a dark past or unsolved problems with other women

YOUNGER MEN - CONS
- they are immature, especially with their friends
- you'll find it unbearable to deal with their friends, sooner or later
- they are hyperactive, constantly searching for new things or new places to go when sometimes you just want to relax at home
- they get bored too easily and are easily attracted to any girl they know
- they are more easily attracted to women because of their bodies,they pay less attention to personality and brains
- they will make a fuss for anything, and they can be really clingy

OLDER MEN - PROS
- they will be super protective and treat you like a queen
- they are intriguing, mysterious and have a very sexy aura
- they will amaze you with new pieces of information, travels, new places you have never been to
- they will love to show you new things, to be the host of a new world
- they are more mature and won't make a fuss for anything
- they pay more attention at brains and personality

OLDER MEN - CONS
- they are more skeptical about love - many of them will only be looking for a younger girl for xes and xes only.
- they hardly fall in love with someone
- they can become super possessive and jealous, sometimes they can be horrible stalkers and they can be really dangerous and aggressive, paranoid
- they can have ex wives, children, etc and this is a heavy burden
- they won't deal very easily with your goofy/girly side - whenever you stop behaving like an untouchable diva and start behaving like the sweet goofy girl you are, they may find you absurdly dull and stupid
- they judge you for anything that they don't approve of

MrsArdethBay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
6,204 391 55
Alleybux
Younger versus Older men.... Well. Older men used to be my favorite ones but now I think that sometimes the younger are the best. There are pros and cons though. Based on my previous experience, I can tell you:

YOUNGER MEN - PROS
- they are funnier and more spontaneous
- thus they will deal with your goofy, girly and spontaneous moments in a better way
- they will less likely judge you
- they are less skeptical about love, so they will fall in love with you more easily
- BIGGEST ADVANTAGE: they have had less previous relationships, chances are they don't have children or ex wives so they don't have a dark past or unsolved problems with other women

YOUNGER MEN - CONS
- they are immature, especially with their friends
- you'll find it unbearable to deal with their friends, sooner or later
- they are hyperactive, constantly searching for new things or new places to go when sometimes you just want to relax at home
- they get bored too easily and are easily attracted to any girl they know
- they are more easily attracted to women because of their bodies,they pay less attention to personality and brains
- they will make a fuss for anything, and they can be really clingy

OLDER MEN - PROS
- they will be super protective and treat you like a queen
- they are intriguing, mysterious and have a very sexy aura
- they will amaze you with new pieces of information, travels, new places you have never been to
- they will love to show you new things, to be the host of a new world
- they are more mature and won't make a fuss for anything
- they pay more attention at brains and personality

OLDER MEN - CONS
- they are more skeptical about love - many of them will only be looking for a younger girl for xes and xes only.
- they hardly fall in love with someone
- they can become super possessive and jealous, sometimes they can be horrible stalkers and they can be really dangerous and aggressive, paranoid
- they can have ex wives, children, etc and this is a heavy burden
- they won't deal very easily with your goofy/girly side - whenever you stop behaving like an untouchable diva and start behaving like the sweet goofy girl you are, they may find you absurdly dull and stupid
- they judge you for anything that they don't approve of

The same cons about older men can be said about younger men (i.e. children, possessive and xes etc...)

CurlyDessie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,799 362 195
Alleybux
Im 24 in a relationship with a 35 year old man. We've been together almost 2 years. I think he definitely more settled and is focused on his goals. Sometimes its awkward because he doesn't know about the music that I like or is that social media savvy. I never thought I'd be with someone 11 years older than me but it's surprisingly worked out. My father is 14 years older than my mother and my grandfather was 30 years older than my grandmother.

rhythmnblues

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
74 1
Alleybux
Im 24 in a relationship with a 35 year old man. We've been together almost 2 years. I think he definitely more settled and is focused on his goals. Sometimes its awkward because he doesn't know about the music that I like or is that social media savvy. I never thought I'd be with someone 11 years older than me but it's surprisingly worked out. My father is 14 years older than my mother and my grandfather was 30 years older than my grandmother.

wow

Dmitri

Desgoffe und Taxis
Reaction score
Reactions
157 5 3
Alleybux
I've never been in a true relationship, but my penchant for the elderly rivals M. Gustave's.

With that said, I do think they are generally more considerate/less likely to take advantage of you than their younger counterparts. I've placed myself in situations where, had the person I liked been a younger guy, they would have most likely taken advantage of my criminal naivete and done whatever without any regard for me as a person, but my saving grace was the fact my crush was on an older man (a father, usually) who saw my foolishness as vulnerability and had too much pity and empathy to try and prey on me (both as a minor and a young adult).

I guess some of them even came to care for me in some way (in a platonic way, of course--apparently, it's a rule of being me that no love I have shall ever be requited or reciprocated lol). Lazily, though--mainly minor contact being kept between us due to acknowledged kinship (liking the same films/books/thinking similarly), and nothing else. I gather that person is very happy with his family and loves them very much, but I am guessing he feels somewhat sorry for me so he humours my existence.

With that said, if you insist on being a moth, you will eventually come across a flame... so of course, you are not completely devoid of danger just by liking older men. Some will prey upon you and pretend to be your friend, only to use you to cure their loneliness because they know you care about them, and then proceed to ditch you when they come across something that actually interests them.

All this while having you believe they are your friend and care about you (and, of course, you want to believe that--so you do half the brainwashing work yourself simply by default of having cripplingly low self-esteem and horribly unhealthy perceptions of interpersonal relationships). Then, one day, everything changes and you wonder what went wrong and when and how, etc. all the while not realizing you've been had. Proceed to be an angsty suicidal mess for many months thereafter, and then... just exist.

No idea on his side of things but the fact he had a daughter that was exactly my age did not win me points in the empathy department, so truly, you are not guaranteed empathy even when that person would probably really fµck!ng hate it if someone did what he does to his own. (And, the guy who did have empathy has three sons, no girls--though around my age).

Of course, all this could have also happened with a younger man, so I'm not hating on older men (in many ways, younger men can be so much worse, from what I have seen and heard re: many of my friends)--but I know nothing of that, having the above be my only actual experience with anybody.

You truly are better off being alone. Human relationships are messy affairs.

News Alley

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom