What is a good remedy to cure my gut?

Reactions
11,300 43 20
Alleybux
Quick update -

I had some porridge in the morning because it's important to get lots of fibre. It kind of sat on my stomach and it was only a small bowl.

I bought some enzyme vitamins. I can't say that I've noticed much of a difference. But I bought some pineapple chunks and they seem to have helped me a bit.

I also drank goats milk kefir in the morning.

I'm gonna buy some water kefir tomorrow and hopefully that helps.

I spoke to a holistic practitioner and he said my gut can return to normal in just over a week if I just eat the right foods and take my probiotics. I hope so.

I also think I discovered the real reason my gut got messed up. I took A LOT of antibiotics during the summer because I was very ill with my athsma. I learned that taking lots of antibiotics can tear away your stomach lining. I think the molasses just set it off, but the underlying cause was the antibiotics.

Reactions
11,300 43 20
Alleybux
Used to happen to me. That pain is like someone taking a fork sticking it in your lower belly and twisting your intestines with it. No lactose, tea and bland baked protiens, no gluten, no milk products or by products, no soy, no corn byproducts.

Even just warm water will help. If it goes on too long, either take epsom salt as a laxitive, or castor oil. These things will clean you out, and get whatever is stuck in there out.

It will be messy, but when it’s over you’ll feel much better.

How long did it take for your gut to go back to normal?

Reactions
50,059 582 660
Alleybux
How long did it take for your gut to go back to normal?
About a day and a half. I started by taking some ACV (Braggers, I think), anyway it’s the one with mother. This was to help balance the internal ph. Took it before bed. Then in am, tea, no coffee (I am a huge coffee drinker), and all bland food. Low acidity, to counter tummy pains. Still had mi;d pulsing pains, but not those sharp stabbing ones.

Made sure to drink a lot of water, and all low acidity foods. Baked potatoes are good also. Good luck. Really I know how that can be. I’m getting little pangs now, because I had a yogurt with my own added blueberries and took a liver cleanse....now I know what these things feel like and can guage when I need to cut back on the high acidity, gluten and lactose rich foods.

Reactions
50,059 582 660
Alleybux
Quick update -

I had some porridge in the morning because it's important to get lots of fibre. It kind of sat on my stomach and it was only a small bowl.

I bought some enzyme vitamins. I can't say that I've noticed much of a difference. But I bought some pineapple chunks and they seem to have helped me a bit.

I also drank goats milk kefir in the morning.

I'm gonna buy some water kefir tomorrow and hopefully that helps.

I spoke to a holistic practitioner and he said my gut can return to normal in just over a week if I just eat the right foods and take my probiotics. I hope so.

I also think I discovered the real reason my gut got messed up. I took A LOT of antibiotics during the summer because I was very ill with my athsma. I learned that taking lots of antibiotics can tear away your stomach lining. I think the molasses just set it off, but the underlying cause was the antibiotics.
Pineapple is amazing, taste good and really helps. Those antibiotics kill the good bacteria that keep all that yeasty stuff from building up.

Don’t know if you have watermellon in your area, but it is also a GOAT fruit/vegatable. Very filling, has a lot of nutrients, and helps with dehydration.

Reactions
11,300 43 20
Alleybux
I've been doing more reading. People say this is a lifelong condition, that I have to live with it! :cry::cry::cry:

Has anybody here had this and cured themselves?

Reactions
50,059 582 660
Alleybux
I invested in a Vitamix, however there is another brand, Blendtec, which you could also use. I have a Kale, banana, then generally some other fruit, be it pineapple, apples, celery, blueberries peaches, etc.

Generally have this 3-4 times a week for breakfast with a boiled egg. This gives me actual energy. For lunch or early dinner, I have a fish. Tilapia, whiting or salmon, along with frozen veggies. I like brocoli, but I often will also have snap peas with water chestnuts. Sometimes I have a baked potatoe, or make oven fried potatoe wedges with olive oil (sprinkled with garlic poweder, onion powder and paprika). Then for a later night snack for the summer I have been having lemon and cucumber sorbe. I make this in the vitamix, and it lasts. It is very refreshing, basically sugar, cucumber, lemons and ice, then freeze and enjoy as desired. Of course there are variations. Some time I alter the fish with either lamb, or beef.

Once I have gotten balanced and no longer have the pains, I will occasionally have cheesecake, or other treats. However if I feel even a small pang, I go back to a more austere diet.

It is totally a life style change. The thin is I personally have much more energy.

I also keep Amazing Grass on hand, and if I cannot make a green shake, then I mix it with 16 oz of water. This provides a nutrient rich quick and easy shake as well.

This is the the results of synthesizing a lot of info, so you can always change it up as you see fit. The other side effect is better skin.

Time Out
Reactions
37,330 742 95
Alleybux
I've been doing more reading. People say this is a lifelong condition, that I have to live with it! :cry::cry::cry:

It is not a life-long condition. I used to feel sharp stomach pains as well, I consumed Kefir that I fermented myself daily and regularly consumed chicken bone broth. I haven't had any stomach issues despite eating a lot of unhealthy food ever since lockdown lol. It's an imbalance of gut bacteria and you just need to increase the good bacteria and suppress the bad ones for a few weeks. You can do it!

Reactions
11,300 43 20
Alleybux
It is not a life-long condition. I used to feel sharp stomach pains as well, I consumed Kefir that I fermented myself daily and regularly consumed chicken bone broth. I haven't had any stomach issues despite eating a lot of unhealthy food ever since lockdown lol. It's an imbalance of gut bacteria and you just need to increase the good bacteria and suppress the bad ones for a few weeks. You can do it!

The irony is I've been drinking my own milk kefir every single evening for the past 6 months. But those damn antibiotics messed up my stomach lining.

I'm gonna keep drinking it, and I will look into bone broth.

Reactions
613 2
Alleybux
I saw in your other post that you eat chickpeas. Beans/legumes are high in a lot of anti-nutrients like phytates, oxalates, and polyunsaturated fats. Estrogen can easily conquer the metabolic rate and cause estrogen imbalance which can lead to a lot of health problems. It’s deemed a health food but they’re estrogenic because even a certain fiber in them can cause bowel cancer and ibs symptoms. They don’t digest well either so I’d avoid them unless you prepare them properly (soak and/or sprout) but even then a lot of people don’t do good with them.

Reactions
20,406 429 465
Alleybux
Op, I wouldn’t do anything before speaking with your doctor. You have no idea what it is and you don’t want to consume something that could make it worse.

the nausea is concerning.

I agree with this! I would advise Colostrum to heal your leaky gut but ONLY if you have leaky gut syndrome. You may have SIBO or something else. If you have issues with Candida, then colostrum will help with that too

Land of the Free...Somebody Lied
Reactions
90,982 1,908 1,447
Alleybux
I invested in a Vitamix, however there is another brand, Blendtec, which you could also use. I have a Kale, banana, then generally some other fruit, be it pineapple, apples, celery, blueberries peaches, etc.

Generally have this 3-4 times a week for breakfast with a boiled egg. This gives me actual energy. For lunch or early dinner, I have a fish. Tilapia, whiting or salmon, along with frozen veggies. I like brocoli, but I often will also have snap peas with water chestnuts. Sometimes I have a baked potatoe, or make oven fried potatoe wedges with olive oil (sprinkled with garlic poweder, onion powder and paprika). Then for a later night snack for the summer I have been having lemon and cucumber sorbe. I make this in the vitamix, and it lasts. It is very refreshing, basically sugar, cucumber, lemons and ice, then freeze and enjoy as desired. Of course there are variations. Some time I alter the fish with either lamb, or beef.

Once I have gotten balanced and no longer have the pains, I will occasionally have cheesecake, or other treats. However if I feel even a small pang, I go back to a more austere diet.

It is totally a life style change. The thin is I personally have much more energy.

I also keep Amazing Grass on hand, and if I cannot make a green shake, then I mix it with 16 oz of water. This provides a nutrient rich quick and easy shake as well.

This is the the results of synthesizing a lot of info, so you can always change it up as you see fit. The other side effect is better skin.

tilapia is one of the filthiest fish you could eat. Be careful consuming too much too often.

Reactions
11,300 43 20
Alleybux

@CHOPCHOP

I am getting goat bone broth this week, along with peppermint oil and flaxseed. I already have my kefir and fibre supplements. So I have hope to cure this thing.

Reactions
Alleybux
Pineapple is underrated when it comes to healing upset stomach/digestive issues. I always keep some in the house. Besides going to see a doctor what worked for me besides pineapples are probiotics, kombucha, Greek yogurt and kimchi. Hope you feel better soon OP.

Reactions
5,354 66 62
Alleybux

I have IBS. It is lifelong but easily manageable. You have to modify your diet, that's all. If I eat too many fatty or sugary foods, I'll have issues. Otherwise, I'm fine.

Trending Threads

The Culture

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

CDC says no deaths exist due to Covid vaccines
Another troubling issue is people getting the vaccine when they have COVID but don’t know it. That could lead to an overactive immune response...
The Henry Cavill Appreciation & (Former) Harem Meet-up Thread (Part 6)
Our prayers have been answered!!! Take that f’ing beamy of Henry! :ROFLMAO:
RHOA Is it fair to say Porsha Willaims is a dimepiece? (plus 99)
She’s only beautiful with the make up and because she’s dresses well and looks good with almost every hairstyle. But she’s no naturally beauty and...
US pauses J&J vaccine due to BLOOD CLOTS
Get the damn vaccine. Yall keep saying it was pushed out quick- this vaccine has been in development since SARS in 2013, its the same kind of...
Philip's "special friend" i.e. his side-piece is also mourning his death in PRIVATE!
Don't forget about Princes Diana and James Hewitt. Harry might not even be a Royal!
Overweight women not being attracted to and clowning overweight men
I'm not overweight but it's rare that I see a cute overweight man but women I see it so maybe that's why.
Is John Boyega dating Love and Hip Hop New York star Maggie Carrie?
No one was harrassed And You were incog for no reason because you do not have exclusive Tea Maybe it was you? Suddenly you on this subject...
Official Aaliyah Jay Thread Part 2
Ran in here bc United misplaced my luggage on a trip to Australia years ago and that was the last time I ever took that airline. Thankfully it was...
  • Poll
Meghan Markle unpopular opinions thread pt 2
Oh that’s interesting! I think that these two must have recognized each other for what they were and that set things super quickly in motion... so...
Transgender Woman Shot To Death By Date She Met On Plenty of Fish
I would love to see some stats or a study on why men who killed a Trans woman say they did it. Its hard for me to imagine someone being enraged...
Top Bottom