Quantcast

What is a good remedy to cure my gut?

EnjoyLife

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
748 15 2
Alleybux
I saw in your other post that you eat chickpeas. Beans/legumes are high in a lot of anti-nutrients like phytates, oxalates, and polyunsaturated fats. Estrogen can easily conquer the metabolic rate and cause estrogen imbalance which can lead to a lot of health problems. It’s deemed a health food but they’re estrogenic because even a certain fiber in them can cause bowel cancer and ibs symptoms. They don’t digest well either so I’d avoid them unless you prepare them properly (soak and/or sprout) but even then a lot of people don’t do good with them.

Retired

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
73,592 3,536 2,579
Alleybux
Op, I wouldn’t do anything before speaking with your doctor. You have no idea what it is and you don’t want to consume something that could make it worse.

the nausea is concerning.

I agree with this! I would advise Colostrum to heal your leaky gut but ONLY if you have leaky gut syndrome. You may have SIBO or something else. If you have issues with Candida, then colostrum will help with that too

Ashy to Ashes

Land of the Free...Somebody Lied
Reaction score
Reactions
95,666 2,518 1,863
Alleybux
I invested in a Vitamix, however there is another brand, Blendtec, which you could also use. I have a Kale, banana, then generally some other fruit, be it pineapple, apples, celery, blueberries peaches, etc.

Generally have this 3-4 times a week for breakfast with a boiled egg. This gives me actual energy. For lunch or early dinner, I have a fish. Tilapia, whiting or salmon, along with frozen veggies. I like brocoli, but I often will also have snap peas with water chestnuts. Sometimes I have a baked potatoe, or make oven fried potatoe wedges with olive oil (sprinkled with garlic poweder, onion powder and paprika). Then for a later night snack for the summer I have been having lemon and cucumber sorbe. I make this in the vitamix, and it lasts. It is very refreshing, basically sugar, cucumber, lemons and ice, then freeze and enjoy as desired. Of course there are variations. Some time I alter the fish with either lamb, or beef.

Once I have gotten balanced and no longer have the pains, I will occasionally have cheesecake, or other treats. However if I feel even a small pang, I go back to a more austere diet.

It is totally a life style change. The thin is I personally have much more energy.

I also keep Amazing Grass on hand, and if I cannot make a green shake, then I mix it with 16 oz of water. This provides a nutrient rich quick and easy shake as well.

This is the the results of synthesizing a lot of info, so you can always change it up as you see fit. The other side effect is better skin.

tilapia is one of the filthiest fish you could eat. Be careful consuming too much too often.

keepitlow

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
83,293 11,053 5,900
Alleybux
It is not a life-long condition. I used to feel sharp stomach pains as well, I consumed Kefir that I fermented myself daily and regularly consumed chicken bone broth. I haven't had any stomach issues despite eating a lot of unhealthy food ever since lockdown lol. It's an imbalance of gut bacteria and you just need to increase the good bacteria and suppress the bad ones for a few weeks. You can do it!

@CHOPCHOP

I am getting goat bone broth this week, along with peppermint oil and flaxseed. I already have my kefir and fibre supplements. So I have hope to cure this thing.

musicgirl84

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
947 10
Alleybux
Pineapple is underrated when it comes to healing upset stomach/digestive issues. I always keep some in the house. Besides going to see a doctor what worked for me besides pineapples are probiotics, kombucha, Greek yogurt and kimchi. Hope you feel better soon OP.

Magnolia45

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,499 1,769 1,362
Alleybux
I've been doing more reading. People say this is a lifelong condition, that I have to live with it! :cry::cry::cry:

Has anybody here had this and cured themselves?

I have IBS. It is lifelong but easily manageable. You have to modify your diet, that's all. If I eat too many fatty or sugary foods, I'll have issues. Otherwise, I'm fine.