Quantcast

What is about the 1619 Project that gets White People all nervous

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,622 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
The 1619 Project aims to recast Americans' concept of their nation as one founded on freedom, equality and opportunity into one irremediably corrupted by slavery, inequality and racism.

Should the 1619 Project be made into a documentary to solidfy the cause.

Ernada

High IQ-ER KO's Kangaroo
Reaction score
Reactions
237,467 21,165 10,194
Alleybux
The issue that white people have with the 1619 project is that they spent many years lying and creating a false history (like slaves were immigrants....Texas) or "The Chinese built the railroad"
14495929.jpg

When it was blacks who built it in almost all of the states with a few exceptions.

White spent from the End of Reconstruction until the 1950s making up all kinds of fake histories and lies. Everything from "Blacks had no civilization so whites did them a favor by enslaving them" to "Lincoln freed the slaves" to other lies like racial pogroms and ethnic cleansing whites did on Blacks were "race riots".

Many white people are concerned that some "younger" whites aren't "getting it" so they need to come out and get all the whites back on the same page. These are white people like Dylan Roof, who say, "No, I'm not crazy, we need to kill Blacks to stop them from taking over". The white cops and prosecutors tried to run cover for him and pretend he was crazy and he fired what in his words was his "Jew - Lawyer" and he told the judge "I am not crazy, whites need to fight back".

Frankly, there is no way for the average white person to read the real history of USA and walk away from that feeling the white is the "bad guy". Because historically, it is what they did. And if the white is the bad guy, it means the white needs to change their behavior and they don't want to do that, because they are enjoying white privilege.

BlueSybil

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,587 391 121
Alleybux
White people in America only want to be seen as the "white savior". They will never admit to their racism and racial bias. We are so far behind other countries we can't even have universal health care .... and that is because of the racism that still exists today.

I heard about this project last year and Im all onboard for a documentary. American history is full of half truths and the coddling of whites atrocities against blacks in the country.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,622 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
White people in America only want to be seen as the "white savior". They will never admit to their racism and racial bias. We are so far behind other countries we can't even have universal health care .... and that is because of the racism that still exists today.

I heard about this project last year and Im all onboard for a documentary. American history is full of half truths and the coddling of whites atrocities against blacks in the country.

I agree and the issue is that black people are finding their voices and they are tired of saying sh!t to pander to their feelings.

Conservatives are the ones who go the most crazy but if they like the tout being the Party of Lincoln, they should celebrate it cause in the end you were on the right side of history of ending slavery.

The logic from Republicans/Conservatives are mscontruded cause they have played the southern strategy too long.

SeeMyselfOut

AGE 20: Last Year, This Year and Next Year
Reaction score
Reactions
29,140 3,496 319
Alleybux
I think you've answered why they're nervous--their privilege is being heavily scrutinized, criticized, and ostracized.

"Frankly, there is no way for the average white person to read the real history of USA and walk away from that feeling the white is the "bad guy". Because historically, it is what they did. And if the white is the bad guy, it means the white needs to change their behavior and they don't want to do that, because they are enjoying white privilege."

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,622 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
I think you've answered why they're nervous--their privilege is being heavily scrutinized, criticized, and ostracized.

"Frankly, there is no way for the average white person to read the real history of USA and walk away from that feeling the white is the "bad guy". Because historically, it is what they did. And if the white is the bad guy, it means the white needs to change their behavior and they don't want to do that, because they are enjoying white privilege."

Would their white guilt end if they start doing right and let black people have money, income and leave them alone.

That would make your life and society better. A happy black America would do wonders for your society.

Desirree

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,539 346 195
Alleybux
Would their white guilt end if they start doing right and let black people have money, income and leave them alone.

That would make your life and society better. A happy black America would do wonders for your society.
This is what I want to know. If they really felt anything they would want everyone to have a good life

Digging4gold

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
23,363 1,406 620
Alleybux
The 1619 Project aims to recast Americans' concept of their nation as one founded on freedom, equality and opportunity into one irremediably corrupted by slavery, inequality and racism.

Should the 1619 Project be made into a documentary to solidfy the cause.

Whites are not nervous. They just don't want to hear the truth because they don't give a f**k. What's done is done. They can't change it. And they are going to keep being racist.

Last edited:

T H I E F S

A Person
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
124,410 8,683 13,079
Alleybux
There are quite a few errors and inaccuracies in it. But hey... or established history is full of inaccuracies, myths and deliberate lies already, but for some reason 1619 needs to be held to a higher standard.

I have my own issues with 1619, anyway... but I still admire the idea behind it.

Ms Vandross

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
184,569 15,256 8,202
Alleybux
The NYT 1619 project is bad history though and Hannah-Jones did a bad job which has been called out by many experts.
She had a point she wanted to make and framed the entire project about that, when it supposed to be the other way round.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,622 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
The NYT 1619 project is bad history though and Hannah-Jones did a bad job and she’s been called out by many experts.
She had a point she wanted to make and framed the entire project about that, when it supposed to be the other way round.

History for the most part has been framed for a certain group and that is the arrogance of white supremacy.

English is the only language that has contradicitions and it has been weaponized to doubt history.

We were taught the whitewashing of America but we all know if we were to talk with Native Americans we would hear different accounts.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,622 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
Whites are nervous. They just don't want to hear the truth because they don't give a f**k. What's done is done. They can't change it. And they are going to keep being racist.

Yes but also when black people start to speak truth and not the narrative they get nervous as hell.

Look at Malcolm X he spoke too much truth.

They loved MLK cause he spoke soft.

They want a certain type of black person

Libs want a controlled outspoken black elite person like Cornell West, odd, eccentric and don't threaten their feelings.

Conservatives want a soft spoken black person like Ben Carson.

They don't ever want to hear the free thinking black person like Malcolm X or Stokley Carmichael. We need more of those kind of black people.

lilkunta

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
30,971 1,810 2,283
Alleybux
@takestyle what inaccuracies?
wht issues do you have?
There are quite a few errors and inaccuracies in it. But hey... or established history is full of inaccuracies, myths and deliberate lies already, but for some reason 1619 needs to be held to a higher standard.

I have my own issues with 1619, anyway... but I still admire the idea behind it.

lilkunta

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
30,971 1,810 2,283
Alleybux
@Vandeross what point did hannah-jones have?
what experts said it is bad history ?
The NYT 1619 project is bad history though and Hannah-Jones did a bad job which has been called out by many experts.

Wldflwr

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
34,650 1,708 320
Alleybux
THIS!
Yes but also when black people start to speak truth and not the narrative they get nervous as hell.

Libs want a controlled outspoken black elite person like Cornell West, odd, eccentric and don't threaten their feelings.

They don't ever want to hear the free thinking black person like Malcolm X or Stokley Carmichael. We need more of those kind of black people.

Toebeans

Reaction score
Reactions
114,924 2,648 102
Alleybux
History for the most part has been framed for a certain group and that is the arrogance of white supremacy.

English is the only language that has contradicitions and it has been weaponized to doubt history.

We were taught the whitewashing of America but we all know if we were to talk with Native Americans we would hear different accounts.

We need to hear from everybody. It's our shared history, we are interconnected like it or not. Our own in Africa sold us, not the only culture/race to do so.
We need to stop segregating ourselves with history, it is shared and there are many aspects to how the modern world has evolved into what we have now.
We were on this path and now it feels like we are going backwards .
I think it's on purpose but that's another thread.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,622 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
We need to hear from everybody. It's our shared history, we are interconnected like it or not. Our own in Africa sold us, not the only culture/race to do so.
We need to stop segregating ourselves with history, it is shared and there are many aspects to how the modern world has evolved into what we have now.

The issue is is it really segregation or just people wanting to make their voices heard cause others don't want to hear. Whether one wants to admit it or nor Black Americans do want hear about their history before America.

A lot of this stuff was rooted in prejudice they never wanted you to learn the other side of yourself instead they painted you as a savage and you should be happy that you are here . That is the mindset of a slavemaster/racist.

We all know that there Africans who sold others but they were different tribes, Africans are diverse people so they are not same culturally, you also had Arabs, and even Europeans work together to kidnap the African people.

Playing the Africans sold others does not negate the evilness of American history. Everyone played their part and the damage has been done.

That is why some activists are proposing but a good number of whites are not ready to hear the other side of history.

I believe black people should be mandated to take African history, learn their heritage, roots before becoming Americans. I also think it is important for everyone to learn African Americans and their contribution to American society.

Everyone has a story and if we want to become a better humane society, everyone should be heard or their history should be learned.

Torched

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux

Torched

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
PREACH!!!

Andre1984

moaning in potato raisin ecstasy
Reaction score
Reactions
340,882 37,808 8,927
Alleybux
The actual date is disputed. Historians believe Africans were here BEFORE 1619

No it's not disputed.

1619 was chosen because it was the first time enslaved Africans were brought to a mainland English colony, one of the original 13 States.

The first African was well documented. He was a conquistador. He was part of the search for the fountain of youth in Florida and awarded property by Cortez in Mexico City.

Last edited:

21andover

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
182,984 4,047 1,603
Alleybux

They never loved MLK until he was assassinated.

He was given hell on earth when he was alive.

ExquisiteMelanin

Supporting Abused women regardless of race
Reaction score
Reactions
183,752 3,098 2,605
Alleybux
It tells the truth about what their ancestors did to black people/ ADOS people in America. What they are 100 percent responsible for. They are trying to clean up their image but you cannot ERASE the HISTORY of the world and the History of America. They are trying though by pushing 1776 as the one and only testimonial to slavery which is white washed and watered down to make it look like it wasn't that bad when slavery was an abomination to this country.

How they managed to F up America to name a few. VOTER suppression is apart of that. An extension of that..

ExquisiteMelanin

Supporting Abused women regardless of race
Reaction score
Reactions
183,752 3,098 2,605
Alleybux
I agree and the issue is that black people are finding their voices and they are tired of saying sh!t to pander to their feelings.

Conservatives are the ones who go the most crazy but if they like the tout being the Party of Lincoln, they should celebrate it cause in the end you were on the right side of history of ending slavery.

The logic from Republicans/Conservatives are mscontruded cause they have played the southern strategy too long.

Right. They play it because they ARE the southern strategy.... That is in them. Who they are.. Its not going to change so we better VOTE and use the powers afforded to us and get behind Ralph Warnock from Georgia,

The Peoples Act. S.1. Its the most important legislation happening right now.

If he can get it passed, every dumb ass voter suppression bill from the current 43 states introduced right now, will be stomped the F! out and they can NEVER suppress the vote of black people and the American people again because its Federal and state...

TMZ1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
33,089 1,175 1,090
Alleybux

In my opinion, it's not the ones with white guilt who hate the 1619 Project. That's not who we need to worry about. It's the one's with with White Fragility and white rage who hate BLM and don't believe in white privilege or modern day anti-black racism and "shouldn't have to suffer or hate themselves because their forefathers had slaves". The ones who think BLM is racist and that blacks play the race card and are just too lazy to overcome and "pull ourselves up by the" bootstraps

them

They are trying to erase and discredit all of it because it's one big RECEIPT

Even Trump was trying to take it out in his last week

kalhughes

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
138 2
Alleybux
The big lie of America is something that is obvious to everyone else, but they can usually ignore.

Vitamix

I love cats! (and so do you)
Reaction score
Reactions
40,574 786 246
Alleybux
We all know that there Africans who sold others but they were different tribes, Africans are diverse people so they are not same culturally, you also had Arabs, and even Europeans work together to kidnap the African people.

Playing the Africans sold others does not negate the evilness of American history. Everyone played their part and the damage has been done.
It annoys me so much when people throw this "Africans sold Africans" claim around as if to say "A-ha! It wasn't yts' fault. Your own people did it to you." Collectively, yts need to stay in their lane and finally hold themselves and their history accountable for a change, instead of always trying to weasel out of the truth of what they've done and what they're still doing. No one is holding a gun to their heads and making them do evil to others. So all enslaved Africans were sold by other Africans? No. And if no African ever sold another, the Europeans would have sailed away empty-handed and disappointed? When in yt history have they ever left other peoples and their lands alone? Plus, "Africa" is not one country and one culture. Why do people insist on acting like it is? Why isn't anyone making a big deal about Europeans historically fighting and killing each other for centuries? And if Africans enslaved Europeans, would it make sense to say the brutal system of chattel slavery wasn't all Africans' fault because the English sold some French people to Africans and some French people sold the Spanish to them?

It's sad to read occasionally on this site what sounds like African-Americans insulting African posters with this accusation--as well as the vice versa of other insults against A-As by alleged Africans, etc. I really don't get the "intra-diasporan wars." You can be for ADOS and Pan-Africanism at the same time but that's another topic.