Quantcast

What is spirituality?

Herthatlady

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,509 1,306 1,427
Alleybux
Can someone please explain it in easy terms for me as I struggle with grasping the meaning behind spirituality without religion. If I just give my perspective on what I am more familiar with which is religion, for me it is sort of a guide usually with a rule book of sorts and rulings and legislation leading towards an end goal and intended to aid with navigating through this world and is meant to sort of provide meaning to the purpose of life however I am not very familiar with spirituality and whenever I have asked about it the answers I am given mean that it does sound like religion alot except it perhaps lacks the end goal or the providing of answers in which case I then ask what is the purpose of spirituality? What does one achieve from being spiritual only without religion?

Just a disclaimer, This is a genuine question and I would like this thread to be an informative one, so please let's be respectful of one anothers beliefs whether believers or not. I just want to understand

La_Femme3

✧ Taurus Goddess ✧
Reaction score
Reactions
131,182 6,763 1,358
Alleybux
I can only speak for myself. The purpose of spirituality for me is to find myself through having a personal relationship with my inner God self and spirit guides. The deeper you go within, the closer the connection with your own spirit. God for me is not an external thought but the part of myself that is eternal and all knowing. I don’t believe in external salvation. Everything you need is within.

The “perfectly aligned” under my font name is referring to the fact that I am aligned with my own energy and desires because I have a relationship with my own spirit. Follow that little voice inside of you. It will led you to great things that are meant for you.

Herthatlady

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,509 1,306 1,427
Alleybux
I can only speak for myself. The purpose of spirituality for me is to find myself through having a personal relationship with my inner God self and spirit guides. The deeper you go within, the closer the connection with your own spirit. God for me is not an external thought but the part of myself that is eternal and all knowing. I don’t believe in external salvation. Everything you need is within.

The “perfectly aligned” under my font name is referring to the fact that I am aligned with my own energy and desires because I have a relationship with my own spirit. Follow that little voice inside of you. It will led you to great things that are meant for you.
ah ok. Would you say that was more guidance for how you lead your life?
What about when it comes to questions about this world, as in the creation of it or purpose of it etc where would you try to find the questions for such things or would you not be concerned with those things?

Volans

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,439 249 170
Alleybux
Spirituality can be like a religion if you join a cult 'group' - which is why it's best to stay away from those.

To me, spirituality or being spiritual is the awareness that there is something beyond the grasp of your 5 senses and actively exploring what that is, making sense of it for yourself and developing what you grasp. There are no rules, no structure, and while ultimately - they may be one goal - for now, I don't think that would concern us. Everyone's path is different.

Moxy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,735 125 16
Alleybux
I actually always thought of it as the opposite, religion is the subsector of spirituality where each religion believes its found best method to reach the end goal.

Of course people in religions tend to lose themselves in the material aspect and will spend decades arguing about the material aspect instead of understanding the spiritual. Ex. No xes before marriage because xes creates bonds since its mixing of energies and not because of virginity.

So for me spirituality is following God directly through my own inner path instead of the guidance of someone else (ex. Priest, Pope, etc.)

If I need the answer to anything I just observe the world and meditate on it. Everyone has direct access God within

La_Femme3

✧ Taurus Goddess ✧
Reaction score
Reactions
131,182 6,763 1,358
Alleybux
ah ok. Would you say that was more guidance for how you lead your life?
What about when it comes to questions about this world, as in the creation of it or purpose of it etc where would you try to find the questions for such things or would you not be concerned with those things?

Its the only guidance I have. When I was in church many years ago, I felt like I was forging a connection with God and it never gave me the answers I was looking for. I wasn’t satisfied and I didn’t feel the connection.

When I left the church, I started adopting more Eastern based beliefs and started incorporating those practices in my life — Daily meditation, chakras (energy centers within the body), yoga, changed my diet, and I started reading more about different spiritual beliefs such as re incarnation. I had to an eagerness to find my own truth and I did.

All of this led to me to my own path of healing. I’m still learning but I feel COMPLETE and that is something I didn’t have when I was in church.

I’m not so concerned with who created this world because a part of me believes that it’s not that important. I still doubt that it’s even real anyways. This world is a simulation and we just characters playing in a movie called life. We exist beyond this time and space.

Spirituality for me is about finding out who I am in the midst of all of this.