Miss Bambi

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
34,973 29 32
Alleybux
and those that are not.

A man that engages in polygamy would have mistresses anyway if he was in a so-called monogamous marriage.

why God did create man and woman with different rules. Like men, a lot of women can't be satisfied with one man. why did he grant men the privilege to have more than one partner ?

And why can't women emotionally accept their men having another "wife". in the bible and quran, the women didn't have issues with polygamy. Were they more emotionally mature and had a higher level of spirituality or faith?

Miss Bambi

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
34,973 29 32
Alleybux
Well for those that actually love their spouse I don't think it is an ego trip . But I have my head in the clouds. I wish I wasn't so emotional

SweetCindyLou

So sweet, the sweetest actually.
Reaction score
Reactions
28,148 364 43
Alleybux
and those that are not.

A man that engages in polygamy would have mistresses anyway if he was in a so-called monogamous marriage.

why God did create man and woman with different rules. Like men, a lot of women can't be satisfied with one man. why did he grant men the privilege to have more than one partner ?

And why can't women emotionally accept their men having another "wife". in the bible and quran, the women didn't have issues with polygamy. Were they more emotionally mature and had a higher level of spirituality or faith?

They accepted it only because it was part of their cultural/religious practices BUT I'm sure you had some that had issues with sharing their man. Some women can be territorial and besides in the bible, Sarah had a problem with Abraham's mistress/jumpoff (I don't think they were married, were they?), Hagar, and became jealous when she found out she was preggers. That's just one ex. I can think of.

Spicy63

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
999 2 1
Alleybux
Sh*t I couldn't deal with it! I better be THE ONLY ONE! Da**it!

TheTicket

Ten Steps Ahead
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
45,820 18 14
Alleybux
In those days, that's how things were. Women were property, children were also seen as property... review the story of Jacob, Leah, & Rachel. Leah was NOT cool with him marrying her sister. The children they bore were ALL symbols of blessings & "property." When Leah thought her child bearing days were over she 'GAVE' her servant to Jacob, whom he married, so that Leah could have children "through her." Rachel did the same because she was unable to have children of her own. So, Jacob had 4+ wives, but the ONLY one Leah was upset about was her sister, Rachel, because that's where Jacob's LOVE was...

Those people didn't marry for "LOVE" as we do now. The who culture was different. Just as it is now in certain other countries & states of this region.

It's not about sneaking & cheating. You really can't compare polygamy with a man who cheats. Some men cheat NOT for the added xes, but for the sense of adventure & secrecy.. Like they're James Bond, a secret spy ... double agent... They're playing real life G.I. Joe!

Saasha

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,879 5 1
Alleybux
and those that are not.

That REALLY says a LOT about what you think of men and marriage. You really think ALL married men cheat?

Why can't women emotionally accept it??? Because we don't have to. Some do...but most of us don't have to, so we choose not to. For myself, I don't really see the point in marrying someone who can continue to live a single life by continuing to date additonal women to marry. Just seems pointless to me.

What is really the benefit of a polygamous household...for the family anyway???

Contemporary

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
234,597 4,240 1,018
Alleybux
The last church that I was a member of--actually, the church I grew up in--didn't recognize bigamy in any sense of the word. Although it existed in the past, they chalked it up to things being different then, but now we follow the new word and my parents always quoted, "A man should be the husband of one wife." sh!t, my pastor even frowned upon divorce for the same reason, and he would not perform marriages for men or women who had previously been married. The Bible doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot to me, neither does religion, so meh. I think bigamy is wrong for personal, more obvious reasons--not religious ones.

Let's be real: probably the only reason why bigamy was so accepted in the past (in SOME cultures...not all cultures were bigamous in antiquity) is 1. because women were seen as inferior beings, as something to be acquired, as property (as they still are in MANY parts of the world where this is still practiced) and men of means wanted a lot of wives and children (which brings us to our second point), and 2. because a man who wanted many offspring could get them quite easily, impregnating many different women. A woman can't have but one child a year, most times, but males can, unfortunately, have an unlimited amount of children in the same period. I say "unfortunately" because a lack of self-control in some males has led to men not knowing they were fathers, and/or having more offspring than they care to pay attention to and/or can support.

Those who think all married men are cheaters really need to have their heads examined. Some men cheat on their wives, and some wives cheat on their husbands. However, there are many people who remain faithful, and who can conduct and control themselves like rational human beings instead of animals who think with their genitalia. I will sit here and say I'll NEVER cheat on my husband. Most of you will probably believe me. But why is it that if a male would say, "I would NEVER cheat on my wife" people would look at him as if he's crazy or think he's lying?

It really doesn't show that people have a high opinion of men.

I think that polygamy can be dangerous to young girls who grow up seeing it in their households. Obviously, those girls who grow up this way are more likely to practice it, but too, if a man has three wives at once, it potentially, even if subliminally, sends a message to the offspring that their mother is only a third of a woman, and therefore unequal to her father. There's something messed up about that. That "it was that way in the past" excuse just doesn't fly with me. Just because something was normalized in the past or is currently romanticized in less civilized areas of the world doesn't mean it should continue in this day and age in our civilized cultures. That's just ludicrous. Some things should stay in the past.