Quantcast

What is the Real issue between the Braxtons

Virgona89

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,268 266 76
Alleybux
I have like 5 aunts who sometimes argue with each other here and there but not too often
I see these girls clips on youtube and they fight all the time to the demeanor of it almost being disturbing
im aware they may be bitter about things for obvious reasons
but they fight more than normal siblings
love doesn't display like that
and I know i can't be the only one who has this question

iamRyanL

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,443 59 10
Alleybux
Its a couple of things. First, it't their parents. Secondly, its jealousy, they can never be happy for each other. From watching their show this has been going on long before we knew anything about them.

QueenRaquel

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,417 2,021 879
Alleybux
This family has deep rooted family issues, and they decided to get a reality tv show that made it worse.

Instead of getting real therapy, they do one or two episodes of half a** therapy that only works for an episode or two. But by next season nothing has changed and some situations are worse than before.

They all need individual and separate therapy, after Iyanla "therapy" imo their mom doesn't believe nothing is her fault and she's "fine" so I feel she's a lost cause but there Dad did good imo.

misspeanut

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
94,042 1,756 412
Alleybux
I think the parents displayed obvious favoritism. It's not just the arguing that's alarming to me, it's the bitterness of their fights. That's an indication of some kind of trauma from childhood.

mdmommy99

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
41,463 765 270
Alleybux
-Toni becomng the star and then having to take responsibility for everyone else is a big part. I think it caused a lot of resentment/jealousy
-Toxic church culture/upbringing
-Their parents and their parents divorce causing division

But I think the biggest issue is actually the show. They were a lot more sisterly in earlier seasons than they became. They had their issues like all big families combined with the above, but they made them 1,000 times worse by putting themselves on tv.

THE GREAT 1

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
63,680 1,541 264
Alleybux
I don't know of any large family were there is no infighting and cliques. On top of that there's the whole entertainment aspect which appears to make them a little competitive. The average family does not have a television show with producers trying to pump up the drama. I actually thought this was going to be a nice, drama-free family show, boy was I mistakene6

Reaction score
Reactions
12,270 352 95
Alleybux
They all had minor issues before the show .. but Tamar’s need for stardom coupled with Vince’s greed drove division between the sisters.. also Traci’s animosity about being left behind

I watched the first 2 eps on Netflix & karma really hit Tamar..HARD

Toni was classy & graceful about her fame..
Trina had minor success but it never went to head..
While Tamar felt like it was owed to her because of her talent.. by the middle of season 2 .. she was hard to watch

The show brought all of their issues to front street for ratings

Last edited:

JoanClayton

Team Owner
SUPER MODERATOR
Reaction score
Reactions
244,033 2,760 187
Alleybux
The Braxtons are something else. They have many unresolved issues and it starts with their parents.

Throw away the whole show, tbh. I think it's created serious fractures in their relationships that will be difficult to overcome without therapy. I would hate to hear that they've fallen out permanently at some point in the future.

Virgona89

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,268 266 76
Alleybux
its sad to see siblings at war
they need counselling and some sort of healthy Intervention

true which is why it was brought to my attention
it makes me sad
i come from a family of 4 siblings and of course we fight
but never like that
they sling mudmud

Virgona89

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,268 266 76
Alleybux
Its a couple of things. First, it't their parents. Secondly, its jealousy, they can never be happy for each other. From watching their show this has been going on long before we knew anything about them.

i can def see jealousy
they are all lowkey jealous of toni all of em!
but when people say the parents,its like what did they do lol
they claimed they never fought in front of their kids lol

Virgona89

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,268 266 76
Alleybux
Weren't they molested as children?

i know tamar and traci were
not sure about the other girls
and what was strange to me was when tamar said it would happen everyday at least twice

im like was it the brother or the dad
like who spends everyday with you besides your fam

Virgona89

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,268 266 76
Alleybux
This family has deep rooted family issues, and they decided to get a reality tv show that made it worse.

Instead of getting real therapy, they do one or two episodes of half a** therapy that only works for an episode or two. But by next season nothing has changed and some situations are worse than before.

They all need individual and separate therapy, after Iyanla "therapy" imo their mom doesn't believe nothing is her fault and she's "fine" so I feel she's a lost cause but there Dad did good imo.

and the lasting impact the show will have on the family is going to be so bad
no amount of money is going to fix that
they have no idea just how they truly look smh
they can claim i love my sissy, but the actions speaks different
the brother never come around lol

Virgona89

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,268 266 76
Alleybux
I think the parents displayed obvious favoritism. It's not just the arguing that's alarming to me, it's the bitterness of their fights. That's an indication of some kind of trauma from childhood.

right they cut to the white meat like a mofo
i saw the engagement scene and tamar called trina a b!tch
my mouth dropped wide open
my mom have several sisters and they disagree but NEVER EVER called each other b!tches

who ever rated this comment skep i'm going to say this
i don't have any sisters so i don't know if its normal or not to call your sis a b!tch

Last edited:

Virgona89

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,268 266 76
Alleybux
I’m sorry but watching the Braxtons I definitely feel it has a lot to do with the parents.

that's what inyala said
but tbh looking at the images of the pics from back when
they seem like a functional family
and honestly the girls are kind of well off financially i think.

Virgona89

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,268 266 76
Alleybux
-Toni becomng the star and then having to take responsibility for everyone else is a big part. I think it caused a lot of resentment/jealousy
-Toxic church culture/upbringing
-Their parents and their parents divorce causing division

But I think the biggest issue is actually the show. They were a lot more sisterly in earlier seasons than they became. They had their issues like all big families combined with the above, but they made them 1,000 times worse by putting themselves on tv.

that part !!
and they have to be honest with themselves
also they hold on to sh!t forever !!!
if i hear that damn traci story one more time lol

spoiledwater

Proud Elder Millennial
Reaction score
Reactions
539,549 16,179 6,462
Alleybux
Childhood trauma.

Also, it's messy to have these many sisters. Part of my family has a bunch of Aunts, and they are just as messy as the Braxtons because of childhood trauma, infighting, money issues, favoritism, and people sleeping with each other's men.

They were constantly compared against each other as well, which bred resentment.

Many large families are like this behind the scenes, which is why I never believe those "happy" Dougar like stories. That's a whole lie.

Virgona89

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,268 266 76
Alleybux
Not sure about childhood but as adults jealousy and hate. They got comfortable playing the background to Toni but when Tamar also broke out as a star herself they were not okay with that just uncomfortable unsupportive and insecure.

yeah i think towanda seeps at that
i get a very envious spirit form towanda when i see her interact with tamar
then i saw starting over and im like you guys were having huge fallouts about the same sh!t from the 90s ! smh

ZeeZeeblue

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
350,309 16,543 14,650
Alleybux
and the lasting impact the show will have on the family is going to be so bad
no amount of money is going to fix that
they have no idea just how they truly look smh

So true. That show made them look so bad. Even their Mom looked a mess. Black people just don't know the harm "Reality" shows do to their image. You can't bounce back from that. Especially when you were clowning and acting a total fool.

Queen Glory

Heavy is the head that wears the crown
Reaction score
Reactions
76,397 152 124
Alleybux
No family is perfect and siblings have conflict all the time especially if there that many of them.

I think there issues are rooted in some place we the viewer can't answer. We don't know. Only what they tell us. Towanda seems sneaky and mischievous. On the surface she has it together but I think she can't be trusted.

Trina is emotionally unstable. She was emotionally abusive with Gabe and herself. Their marriage was the biggest mess I've ever seen. Outside of Tamar's of course.

Traci she seemed defensive all the time and it's because they were mean to her at times but I also think Traci didn't take constructive criticism well and had self esteem issues. She also seemed envious of Tamar at times.

Toni, I love Toni Braxton but she got her ways too. Toni seems like she has a whole other side to her. Like a dark side I can't explain. Her relationship with birdman says alot about her. Tamar always seemed envious of Toni

Tamar, very fragile person. I always could tell. Her over the top personality was just a facade but real life breaks everyone down. She's always crying for attention then her relationship with Vince w a s horrible. I never liked Vince. He was always mean, snappy, moody and dismissive of her. IDC how annoying she was, that's his wife and he didn't honor her in that regard. Tamar talked all that stuff but was getting abused the whole time. She hides her pain and she likes to live in a facade. She needs to stop being so concerned how others view her.

Miss Evelyn seemed bitter and unforgiving at times to what happened in her marriage.

I think the show really brought out a lot of underlying issues and I bet the network planted a lot of seeds to dig up drama for the show.

Virgona89

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,268 266 76
Alleybux
I don't know of any large family were there is no infighting and cliques. On top of that there's the whole entertainment aspect which appears to make them a little competitive. The average family does not have a television show with producers trying to pump up the drama. I actually thought this was going to be a nice, drama-free family show, boy was I mistakene6

yes large families do fight true, but their fights are unusual
its recurring and random like in every damn scene they will kiss,forgive, and fight in the same episode lol

Queen Glory

Heavy is the head that wears the crown
Reaction score
Reactions
76,397 152 124
Alleybux
Who are the favorites? Toni and Tamar?

redbud tree

Ballin in Instabal, Turkey
Reaction score
Reactions
383,661 10,681 3,149
Alleybux
When multiple siblings have these kinds of personal issues, there's definitely life-long dysfunction in the mix. Abuse, neglect, you name it.

And people their age who had mental problems but were in the church would be told to basically pray it away.

Virgona89

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,268 266 76
Alleybux
The Braxtons are something else. They have many unresolved issues and it starts with their parents.

Throw away the whole show, tbh. I think it's created serious fractures in their relationships that will be difficult to overcome without therapy. I would hate to hear that they've fallen out permanently at some point in the future.

yes girl its like looking at a train wreck, though they do have some kodak moments i think about how it trickles down to the cousins smh
and for some reason i don't think they will ever fallout for good which is good

Last edited:

iamRyanL

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,443 59 10
Alleybux
i can def see jealousy
they are all lowkey jealous of toni all of em!
but when people say the parents,its like what did they do lol
they claimed they never fought in front of their kids lol

From watching the show I feel like the sisters wanted a "perfect" family especially Tamar. The mistake that the parents made was not sitting down talking to them about what was going on. If I am not mistaken they were grown or young adults when their parents split. I feel like the parents where talking bad about each other to the sisters which made them choose a side. Traci was sort of neutral that is why at one point she was the only one talking to their dad plus she lived closer to him. Also, after the dad got remarried he basically did not want anything to do with them because they did not want to accept the new wife. This also can be reasons why they do not have successful marriages.
It was an episode in the first season where Tamar was talking about her parents getting back together and she started boohoo crying about it. I think once they realize their parents were not going to get back together they start with the "I want a step daddy mess".

Cappi

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,855 2,905 5,506
Alleybux
I have like 5 aunts who sometimes argue with each other here and there but not too often
I see these girls clips on youtube and they fight all the time to the demeanor of it almost being disturbing
im aware they may be bitter about things for obvious reasons
but they fight more than normal siblings
love doesn't display like that
and I know i can't be the only one who has this question

The problem is Tracy . She’s still mad at them because she wasn’t able to be in the group back in the days . They all got signed by Arista but she got pregnant and got dropped. Why blame your sisters and not the record company?
Also she is the less talented from all of them.

Virgona89

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,268 266 76
Alleybux
No family is perfect and siblings have conflict all the time especially if there that many of them.

I think there issues are rooted in some place we the viewer can't answer. We don't know. Only what they tell us. Towanda seems sneaky and mischievous. On the surface she has it together but I think she can't be trusted.

Trina is emotionally unstable. She was emotionally abusive with Gabe and herself. Their marriage was the biggest mess I've ever seen. Outside of Tamar's of course.

Traci she seemed defensive all the time and it's because they were mean to her at times but I also think Traci didn't take constructive criticism well and had self esteem issues. She also seemed envious of Tamar at times.

Toni, I love Toni Braxton but she got her ways too. Toni seems like she has a whole other side to her. Like a dark side I can't explain. Her relationship with birdman says alot about her. Tamar always seemed envious of Toni

Tamar, very fragile person. I always could tell. Her over the top personality was just a facade but real life breaks everyone down. She's always crying for attention then her relationship with Vince w a s horrible. I never liked Vince. He was always mean, snappy, moody and dismissive of her. IDC how annoying she was, that's his wife and he didn't honor her in that regard. Tamar talked all that stuff but was getting abused the whole time. She hides her pain and she likes to live in a facade. She needs to stop being so concerned how others view her.

Miss Evelyn seemed bitter and unforgiving at times to what happened in her marriage.

I think the show really brought out a lot of underlying issues and I bet the network planted a lot of seeds to dig up drama for the show.

you made some really great points
they need to hire you lol !

but in the mom defense
if i was married to someone for 30 ys and it ended in turmoil
i'd be bitter too
and sadly the mom never keeps a man long enough to get over her pain