Quantcast

What is the real tea on Atlanta?

tt00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,172 7,433 1,115
Alleybux
Let me add that my friend is a realtor here and she said the market has been rough for resales in Atl as people are buying homes in cash which makes it hard on those who get home loans as their offer isn’t competitive enough
Which makes me even more sense that these are not southerners in reside in ATL area that are making the bulk of these Real estate cash purchases of 200k and up . Most likely it is going to be investors or folks with Real estate in Higher COL area that cashed out and using that cash to buy in full.

I wonder also wonder if there are any international buyers as remote deals can still take place . I know during that last recession alot of blacks were complaining about renting from foreigners that scooped up alot of them foreclosures in the SW part of ATL.

Yeah cash deals will get first dibs on a home more quicker than a person trying to get it through a mortgage when offers come to the table for the seller. 1.) Process is more shorter within days for seller and buyer 2.) Seller dont have to worry about fixing anything as cash buyer will take it as is but when you get a mortgage through the bank they will not depending on what the issue is and force the seller to fix it before close 3.) No realtor fees for cash deals

tt00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,172 7,433 1,115
Alleybux
If you renting apts be aware of the following . Ask that leasing office questions and lots of them.

1617685228379.png

1617685286548.png

Southernchic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
317,163 10,636 3,127
Alleybux
Which makes me even more sense that these are not southerners in reside in ATL area that are making the bulk of these Real estate cash purchases of 200k and up . Most likely it is going to be investors or folks with Real estate in Higher COL area that cashed out and using that cash to buy in full.

I wonder also wonder if there are any international buyers as remote deals can still take place . I know during that last recession alot of blacks were complaining about renting from foreigners that scooped up alot of them foreclosures in the SW part of ATL.

Yeah cash deals will get first dibs on a home more quicker than a person trying to get it through a mortgage when offers come to the table for the seller. 1.) Process is more shorter within days for seller and buyer 2.) Seller dont have to worry about fixing anything as cash buyer will take it as is but when you get a mortgage through the bank they will not depending on what the issue is and force the seller to fix it before close 3.) No realtor fees for cash deals
Yes and she said that it’s causing more buyers to go to new construction communities...but get this..she has found cash buyers buying new construction homes in these new communities in bulk (these are more so investors). Crazy. We bought a new construction in October which was our best bet as we wanted something new but we used financing but it worked out

Stakesishigh

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,850 250 324
Alleybux
Thank you. And to the font, I’ve been to Cali plenty of times. One of my college friends and cousin live there too. My college friend is an RN and kept getting low balled in Atl. In Cali, she’s six figures. Yes rent is slightly higher but honestly you can find some studios in LA going for Atl prices. Both of my people love it there and they both love their blackness. Being in a “black Mecca” isn’t everything well it was in the 90’s and early 2000’s. But Atl is not what it was for sure
What they don't tell you about ATL is the fact that were all the wealth and best amenities are is controlled and dominated by whites. Black people own and control almost nothing and the little bit of nothing that black folks do have is integrated in with whites. Its all for show. At least in Los Angeles and California in general you have way more opportunities to be affluent and live a better life. You're right about la if you know what your doing you definitely can find some reasonably apartments.

Southernchic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
317,163 10,636 3,127
Alleybux
What they don't tell you about ATL is the fact that were all the wealth and best amenities are is controlled and dominated by whites. Black people own and control almost nothing and the little bit of nothing that black folks do have is integrated in with whites. Its all for show. At least in Los Angeles and California in general you have way more opportunities to be affluent and live a better life. You're right about la if you know what your doing you definitely can find some reasonably apartments.
You are right. Black people are being pushed out to the suburbs of Atl. As stated earlier, a lot of people who want to be homebuyers are struggling in this market due to cash buyers and there is a shortage of homes on the market as it is, so sellers are going with the cash buyers. For single people, in LA you can find apartments for $1500 and less I’m talking decent ones I’ve seen some YouTubers show them on their page. For families you can also find decent priced rentals in La. Their houses are expensive but there is opportunity to make more $$$ to possibly buy at some point.