LadyCade

Chicken Little
Reaction score
Reactions
2,233 122 230
Alleybux
tenor.gif

...Why do you think that's a lie?

Why wouldn't a darkskin girl have friends?

PoeticPisces

Too young for MySpace, too old for Tik Tok
Reaction score
Reactions
95,293 2,654 869
Alleybux
I agree with what you’re saying, but when I think of women who benefit from featurism...Scottie Beam, Ananda Lewis, and Justine Skye’s features come to mind. The lady in your second picture wouldn’t benefit from featurism in the US.
Now I’m confused — having a button nose ? Scottie Beam and Justine Skye’s features are considered “fine”. Interesting, I’d consider them more soft and rounded.

People make fun of Sarah Jessica Parker for having a big ass nose, so many white girls I met were self-conscious about their noses being too big. (Their noses stick out, ours spread more on the face — but their noses are definitely not fine).

VioletHibiscus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
41,612 1,080 162
Alleybux
Now I’m confused — having a button nose ? Scottie Beam and Justine Skye’s features are considered “fine”. Interesting, I’d consider them more soft and rounded.

People make fun of Sarah Jessica Parker for having a big ass nose, so many white girls I met were self-conscious about their noses being too big. (Their noses stick out, ours spread more on the face — but their noses are definitely not fine).
See...here we go with the psychological manipulation aka gaslighting.

You know goodness well that those women I mentioned don’t have a bell pepper nose, nor do they have a big nose like Sarah Jessica Parker. Yes, white people are self conscious about having bigger noses, and they will get a rhinoplasty in a heartbeat. I was mostly referring to their darker skin and hair texture. I don’t consider any of those black women to have big noses though.

Ryan Destiny admitted to being offended by featurism, because ignorant people would tell her that she’s pretty for a dark skinned girl.

PoeticPisces

Too young for MySpace, too old for Tik Tok
Reaction score
Reactions
95,293 2,654 869
Alleybux
See...here we go with the psychological manipulation aka gaslighting.

You know goodness well that those women I mentioned don’t have a bell pepper nose, nor do they have a big nose like Sarah Jessica Parker. Yes, white people are self conscious about having bigger noses, and they will get a rhinoplasty in a heartbeat. I was mostly referring to their darker skin and hair texture. I don’t consider any of those black women to have big noses though.

Ryan Destiny admitted to being offended by featurism, because ignorant people would tell her that she’s pretty for a dark skinned girl.
I’m not trying to gaslight. I’m actually just asking a question. No ones against you here.

I agree that there’s featurism when it comes to black features. It’s not a coincidence that Justine Skye and Ryan destiny have certain hair types. Or that black women being portrayed by biracials in the media all seem to have type 3 hair and light skin. My friends have told me people have called them pretty for a dark skin girl.

I just didn’t know that Justine’s features or Ryan Destiny’s were considered “fine” features since OP said “finer features” were preferred, I assumed she was talking about facial features. She has a round nose and beautiful full lips. What are fine features ?

So we were focused on different things, I was looking at facial features, you were looking at hair texture. Hence, the confusion.

I thought hair discrimination was called = texturism and skin tone discrimination was called = colorism. When I think of featurism I think of facial features only.

Bluefinesse

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
648 13 16
Alleybux
Umm black women with features that pass the Eurocentric beauty standard are perceived as more” attractive “ by racist and colorist than darker skin women who don’t .

Example : a light skin black woman made a video talking about how colourism is real and her dark skin friend experienced it from a white person. Both her and her friend were called monkeys but the white guy referred to the lighter skin one as the “pretty monkey” and the darker skin one as the “ugly monkey “.

Darker skin women with keen features that resemble Kristen from BBW are perceived to be “better “ than darker skin women with Og’s features.

Featurism makes dark skin women with type 3 hair and a slim nose seek “better” than darker skin women with wider noses and coarser hair .

Black is beautiful in ALL shades and FEATURES.
If we're being honest...it isn't OG's black features that makes her face unattractive to ppl. It is possible to be black and ugly just like it is possible to have black features and be pretty.

Bluefinesse

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
648 13 16
Alleybux
To be clear, full noses is a part of african phenotype but there is a lot of diversity among unmixed africans so to say that one is blacker than the other is actually wrong...But whatever
OG is nigerian Right? Ok here are Unambiguous West african features.

1616598787254.png

1616598892914.png

1616599289316.png

1616599378348.png

1616599501306.png

1616599611607.png

Their full lips and nose makes them look even more feminine and youthful in the face. More so than someone with a narrow nose and thin lips.

Now OG.

1616599887898.png

Not the same effect. And this is not to say that OG isn't beautiful. But I just can't call featurism here. It's definitely colorism though.

LolaMay

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,730 2,155 2,301
Alleybux
I haven't watched the latest seasons of Basketball Wives but the discussions that have been surrounding it have things that irk me a little.

There's like a belief/narrative that dark skin women with black features and 4C hair are seen as "less" or "beneath" dark skin women with "white", "fine" features and wavy hair.

First of all, small features do not equal white ones. Plenty of Africans and black people can have "fine" features without looking white. That's not a white trait and most white people actually have medium to big noses.

Then second, "fine" features are not the only way to be pretty and I think that's why this aggravates me so much. It's worded as if to say black girls who don't look white and "pretty" with these so called small features, are outcasted as ugly, and that hasn't necessarily been my experience...

I'm dark skin (or brown skin I could call it but I don't think there's a difference. I'm not light.) with completely black features and 4C hair, and have been told I'm pretty countless times by black and white people. Ironically, I felt the same way from age 12-15 that people here feel, that I was less than the darkskin girls with "fine" features because that's all the media showed. But it didn't seem to stop people IRL from saying what they felt.

Basically my point is that people see beauty in black, nonwhite, nonfine features as well. The wording makes it seem like the only way to be seen as pretty if you're a dark skin girl is to look white, which is false.

Does my experience undermine that of other dark skin girls? No, I'm aware that several people out there dislike black girls with black features. I was just lucky not to live in such a place. Real life was a lot kinder to me than the colorist Internet forums and rap videos I looked at. And yes I have experienced racism, but none of this "being ignored over the black girl with white features" thing. If someone was racist, they hated you and having a thin nose did not stop that.

So to sum it up, no girls with 'black' features are not deemed as beneath 'white' ones, except by racists, who don't matter to me anyway.

"fine" feature does not make a women attractive... Have you seen Falen from Bgc season 9?! :ROFLMAO:

However, I would be lying if I didn't say I didn't have privilege because of my "fine" features. Black men that hit on me would mention how they don't date black girls and that "I'm different". I'm hella dark skin so I never took that as a compliment. People are just weird Op. No one really thinks fine feature is better.

LolaMay

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,730 2,155 2,301
Alleybux
I have never accepted featurism ever since it became social media popular and I never will.

To me, it's a crock of sh!t that ds colourism social media female humans came up with, it having been birthed out of their obsession that whites extend some white privilege to what whites define as Black people, who have white blood, and Black colourists extend ls privilege to what they define as Black who are lighter than a paper bag.

What featurism sounds like to me is ds colourism social media female humans begging whites that they want something too, even if it's some likes and looks when neither system -- racism or colourism, the Black and systematic white one -- are not about looks and likes, but about the colourist having the power to control.

If that's not the worst, they even have a cherry to put on top of that cake -- the chronic usage of eurocentric features, when whites probably take that talk like what in the fµck are the n words talking about now with this eurocentric thing?!

I just wish it would die, particularly using features and eurocentric in the same sentence, but because those social media folks need for it to live, they constantly breathe life into featurism, and into featurism and eurocentric being used in the same sentence. It just makes them look stupid, not just to me, but to whites too, because to them, which is where I get my info from, this racist sh!t is not about likes and looks, but about power and control no matter what spin ds's put on it.

That said, the only colourism that I acknowledge and accept are systematic white colourism and the paper bag colourism in their core, because both are real. I do not accept any additions that people add into it to fit their agenda, like that featurism mess, as well as the beauty competition mess when neither are about looks, but about white blood (swc) and skin lighter than a paper bag (the Black colourism).

What the f***k?

Instead of blaming black men or the white man, it's the darkkkies that are begging to be accepted? You're sentence says a lot about you wanting white acceptance.

You want to know something? White men have told me I look like a white women dipped in chocolate. I'm sure your ass would have died for that compliment.

Us darkskin fine feature women do not care about the acceptance of white people. Never have. Don't you dare speak for us all.

LaHuasanga

Trans cult = MRA
Reaction score
Reactions
2,069 66 12
Alleybux
It seems like to me that many fonts who deny the existence of featurism are really featurist themselves but do not realise it. Because they seem to think that women who suffer feauturism are "just ugly". They just have "ugly features". They won't even pause and think about why they find those particular features inherently unattractive.

They are not "'just ugly". Black people across the world, but especially the ones living in the west, have been relentlessly brainwashed by lies about beauty, by what we are supposed to perceive as ugly. If white supremacy wasn't a thing, do you think for a second that your way of perceiving beauty would be the same? It wouldn't.

Some fonts are afraid of the featurism argument because they are afraid of having to question their personal perception of beauty. They are scared that if they look deep into their own beauty standards, they will come to the realisation that they, in fact, have adopted a featuristic perception of beauty.

Look how much some fonts want to distance themselves from so called "broad features" like they are the devil. Yes not all black women have broad features, but what if they did, would it be bad?

You know what this remind me of? East asians crying about white people always representing them with Asians that have wide faces and monolids. They love to scream about "but we don't all have small eyes! But Asians can have small faces!" Implying that they actually cannot stand the features they are associated with. It's the same. Crying about "but we don't all have a big nose" like having a big nose is a bad thing.

Black people come with a variety of features, but guess what, historically, everytime white supremacy was involved, different ethicities of black people have been pitted against each other because of their features. Black people with """finer""" features have historically benifited of the good connotations of such features. Why? Were they more beautiful? No, but because of dynamics of power, and because of vicinity with white supremacy. Have people also suddently forgotten phrenology, how during colonization white people would use skull measurements and facial traits to class humans in a hierarchy, making the "blackest" features closest to apes and furthest from humans? Did this not happen? Do you not thing such a violent pseudo-science could have an impact on our psyche and our perception of beauty? Oh no, they're just ugly.

KING REIDYZ

最もハンサム
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
32 36 126
Alleybux
I mean
I haven't watched the latest seasons of Basketball Wives but the discussions that have been surrounding it have things that irk me a little.

There's like a belief/narrative that dark skin women with black features and 4C hair are seen as "less" or "beneath" dark skin women with "white", "fine" features and wavy hair.

First of all, small features do not equal white ones. Plenty of Africans and black people can have "fine" features without looking white. That's not a white trait and most white people actually have medium to big noses.

Then second, "fine" features are not the only way to be pretty and I think that's why this aggravates me so much. It's worded as if to say black girls who don't look white and "pretty" with these so called small features, are outcasted as ugly, and that hasn't necessarily been my experience...

I'm dark skin (or brown skin I could call it but I don't think there's a difference. I'm not light.) with completely black features and 4C hair, and have been told I'm pretty countless times by black and white people. Ironically, I felt the same way from age 12-15 that people here feel, that I was less than the darkskin girls with "fine" features because that's all the media showed. But it didn't seem to stop people IRL from saying what they felt.

Basically my point is that people see beauty in black, nonwhite, nonfine features as well. The wording makes it seem like the only way to be seen as pretty if you're a dark skin girl is to look white, which is false.

Does my experience undermine that of other dark skin girls? No, I'm aware that several people out there dislike black girls with black features. I was just lucky not to live in such a place. Real life was a lot kinder to me than the colorist Internet forums and rap videos I looked at. And yes I have experienced racism, but none of this "being ignored over the black girl with white features" thing. If someone was racist, they hated you and having a thin nose did not stop that.

So to sum it up, no girls with 'black' features are not deemed as beneath 'white' ones, except by racists, who don't matter to me anyway.
I'm mean African American are mixed too lol

KING REIDYZ

最もハンサム
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
32 36 126
Alleybux
There’s a lot of gaslighting going on in this thread, smh!

Thankfully, people are willing to discuss colorism, and maybe one day we can advance to openly acknowledge featurism.

I guess the Jackson’s had outrageous rhinoplasties for no reason, because featurism does not exist (sarcasm)...lmao!!!
pourquoi

KING RIEDYZ

Rookie
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
12 13 46
Alleybux

OK but how ?