Quantcast

What Made You Realize There is No God?

pullme

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
79,759 4,840 1,459
Alleybux
I grew up in a Christian home, went to church all the time. At some point in college, I was attending church related events at least 3 times a week. During a low point in my life after praying consistently and seeing no results, it hit me. My prayers had never been answered. Literally, never.

In addition, look at all the injustice happening in this world and I’m supposed to believe that a god exists? Lol.

THEDARKVIXEN

Carpe Diem
Reaction score
Reactions
374,087 8,058 3,406
Alleybux
I grew up in a Christian home, went to church all the time. At some point in college, I was attending church related events at least 3 times a week. During a low point in my life after praying consistently and seeing no results, it hit me. My prayers had never been answered. Literally, never.

In addition, look at all the injustice happening in this world and I’m supposed to believe that a god exists? Lol.

I agree 100%. I’m agnostic, but there is too much world wide suffering for me to believe there is a loving God watching over us.

I Love Meth

Jesus Doesn’t Love You & Neither Does Mommy
Reaction score
Reactions
25,560 1,545 637
Alleybux
Simply getting an education made it clear to me that there is no God and that Christianity is a primitive farce used to control the delusional, uneducated masses. There simply is no scientific evidence of there being a God and to believe otherwise implies innate stupidity. I cannot take anyone who believes there’s a big, imaginary Egyptian transwoman in the sky who created people out of dust seriously. I firmly believe speaking to such people will lower my IQ so I have no choice but to avoid them.

Queenisabella

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,147 107 65
Alleybux
Poor you. And I'm not being condescending. You are really challenged and CAN NOT comprehend. It's not your fault. Honestly, I feel for you.

If you looked upon me, you would see my human form, but I am nothing like most of you.

I am something VERY special. People who know me IRL could vouch for that. Some of them are afraid of me.

I can see and do all sorts of things that defy human logic.

You could never understand.

God IS.

I'm tired of this useless diatribe. Don't bother to reply. I will never read it.

Seems like you need help. If you’re nothing like most of us why come into this thread with your baseless claims trying to justify something you cannot? And the whole ‘I see and do supernatural things’ doesn’t mean anything to anyone apart from you.

Why should we have to comprehend your delusions? Keep that to yourself hun we good.

Bemused One

Non-Conformist/Anti-Capitalist
Reaction score
Reactions
2,779 159 218
Alleybux
Furthermore, on a more personal note, I've always known there was more than the realm I see with these fallible human senses I'm subjected to in this body.

Unlike the ant, I sense the other realms I'm not supposed to be privy to.

Some times I get visions of those beings within the other "places".

For me, these moments are like the ant who gets a remote viewing of the dolphins and whales inhabiting the ocean, even though the ant can't occupy the ocean lest it drown.

I assure all of you, God is a being.

Few years ago, I used my special gifts foolishly and fleeced God as did Gideon of the Bible.

I was going through a hard time spiritually, and I asked God to reassure me with a sign that IT knew me, could see me, hear me, etc. I didn't ask God to prove IT was real, but that IT KNEW me.

After that, I fell asleep with tears in my eyes.

When I awoke, there was a sign on the bedroom wall. Incredulous to what my eyes beheld, I grabbed my phone and snapped a photo. Seconds later the sign disappeared.

I keep that photographic proof dear to me, even to this day.

I'm grateful my fleecing of God ended with ITS graciousness to afford me the comfort of knowing God IS; even more than any of us can understand.

I've shown the pic of my sign from God to a few people.

They never quite get why God would show me proof of ITS existence.

Truly I think they believe I played in Photoshop, but I didn't.

I didn't have to.

God IS; and if you look out with your spiritual eyes and see past the deception of your fleshly eyes; maybe you will get a glimpse of IT.

Your comments are proof positive that there is NO god! Seek out some secular counseling...with your cray, cray razz!

oops

lady who lunches
Reaction score
Reactions
48,531 991 598
Alleybux
Seems like you need help. If you’re nothing like most of us why come into this thread with your baseless claims trying to justify something you cannot? And the whole ‘I see and do supernatural things’ doesn’t mean anything to anyone apart from you.
Why should we have to comprehend your delusions? Keep that to yourself hun we good.
See the reality is that people associate things that we cannot understand at this time to God or the supernatural. They simply cannot accept that there are things, situations and circumstances in nature or in human life that we simply don't understand right now.

"In time, science fills in the gaps." said o.g., Richard Dawkins

Luna_Tic

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,275 10,627 827
Alleybux
See the reality is that people associate things that we cannot understand at this time to God or the supernatural. They simply cannot accept that there are things, situations and circumstances in nature or in human life that we simply don't understand right now.

Every answer to them is 'god'

I'm completly fine with the unknown and i do take no for an answer sometimes. I don't need to know every single thing. There's no explanation for everything sometimes. Even scientists admit this. Its ok to answer 'i don't know'

God/spirits/paranormal/miracles are all simple minded answers. The 'i don't know' answer is much more satisfying to me.

lordly

well-known in the hysteria ward
Reaction score
Reactions
47,662 2,746 255
Alleybux
upload_2020-11-22_9-52-11.jpeg

Reaction score
Reactions
2,634 11 7
Alleybux
Growing up seeing how I was forced to go to church all the time and yet seeing historically Black people are always taken advantage of. It made me realize that this is bµllsh!t.

I then started to read more about the Black Panthers and Black Liberation Army a lot of whom are atheist as well.

Lolilove

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
122,553 2,841 47
Alleybux
It's such an abusive dysfunctional toxic relationship. And we're told to avoid those kinds of relationships, but here we're forced into one as children and taught that it's okay if God doesn't protect us or allows us to be hurt and abused, he still loves us anyway and we should remain loyal. So why shouldn't we remain loyal to Tyrone when he does the same thing? Make it make sense.

Right now, I see people online talking about how 'God got them' during the pandemic and they're not worried because they got jesus. All the while people are dying all around us. Whole married couples dying days and hours apart at the hospital. I guess God didn't give af about them, huh?
Those people are "blessed and highly favored" SMH

xxcookie

unfriendly black hottie
Reaction score
Reactions
10,793 116 5
Alleybux
-using my common sense and critical thinking skills started to make a lot of biblical stories seem like sci fi

-when people pray for someone dying.. if it doesn't happen "God answered my prayers" and if it does happen "you're in a better place" ummm

-if God is real he seriously doesn't eff with black people, why did we have to deal with slavery? and its resulting effects

-when I learned in school about slave owners teaching Christianity/Baptist beliefs, why tf would you take on the religion of your oppressor?

-a lot of religion is rooted in sexism

-children getting cancer/abused/killed. if they're the most precious and vulnerable where is their protection?

CatofAragon

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
323 13
Alleybux
I grew up with a very Christian mother and a very Atheist father. And the one thing they never did growing up was shun or tear down each others views. Growing up they always taught me both sides and let me figure it out for myself. So I went to church regularly but my dad(who's a former scientist), taught me about evolution and the big bang theory.

But there was one singular moment where a light bulb turned on in my head and I thought "Oh I know exactly what I believe now".

When I was 12 or 13 I was in my Sunday school class. It was a beautiful summer day so we went outside for our lesson. The woman leading it at one point said "Look at the sky, look at the trees... how else can you explain that except for God" and in my head I thought "Light particles reaching our atmosphere and scattering, and photosynthesis". And in that moment it really clicked that they were asking me to blindly believe in something. From that moment on I considered myself Agnostic. I don't think God's exist, but if you can solidly prove it to me beyond "You just have to believe" I'm willing to listen.

Princess36

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
25,230 863 990
Alleybux

Yep exactly

Chriza28

Time-out again
Benched
Time Out
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
108,407 7,514 8,020
Alleybux
Yep exactly
I grew up with a very Christian mother and a very Atheist father. And the one thing they never did growing up was shun or tear down each others views. Growing up they always taught me both sides and let me figure it out for myself. So I went to church regularly but my dad(who's a former scientist), taught me about evolution and the big bang theory.

But there was one singular moment where a light bulb turned on in my head and I thought "Oh I know exactly what I believe now".

When I was 12 or 13 I was in my Sunday school class. It was a beautiful summer day so we went outside for our lesson. The woman leading it at one point said "Look at the sky, look at the trees... how else can you explain that except for God" and in my head I thought "Light particles reaching our atmosphere and scattering, and photosynthesis". And in that moment it really clicked that they were asking me to blindly believe in something. From that moment on I considered myself Agnostic. I don't think God's exist, but if you can solidly prove it to me beyond "You just have to believe" I'm willing to listen.
It's not so much the belief in god that bothers me because, frankly, if someone finds comfort in something that is good and nurturing, then why deprive them of it if it doesn't impact your life?

However, I have found - with a few exceptions - that people with religions are the worst kinds of people on earth.

It's bizarre when I talk to Christians in person, I ask them questions they cannot answer. They don't know the Bible passages I know by heart. Some cite Josephus but then that's all they know, they have no idea what who he was, what he wrote, when he wrote it and why it's debunked by scholars, particularly in private company.

Like politicians, many Biblical scholars pretend to believe in Christianity because their job depends on it. There's not been a single president who claimed to be agnostic, much less atheist.

Some of the biggest scammers online hide behind Abrahamic religions, with Christianity being the the forerunner. Trump's presidency would never have existed without his Christian base - yet to this day, with everything we know about him, they are still claiming him to be a man of god.

And their idea of insulting Obama is to emphasize his middle name (Hussein) because it's a popular name among Muslims.

Of course those who believe Obama is Muslim have no trouble believing Trump is Christian.

upload_2020-12-23_2-50-1.png

Princess36

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
25,230 863 990
Alleybux
It's not so much the belief in god that bothers me because, frankly, if someone finds comfort in something that is good and nurturing, then why deprive them of it if it doesn't impact your life?

However, I have found - with a few exceptions - that people with religions are the worst kinds of people on earth.

It's bizarre when I talk to Christians in person, I ask them questions they cannot answer. They don't know the Bible passages I know by heart. Some cite Josephus but then that's all they know, they have no idea what who he was, what he wrote, when he wrote it and why it's debunked by scholars, particularly in private company.

Like politicians, many Biblical scholars pretend to believe in Christianity because their job depends on it. There's not been a single president who claimed to be agnostic, much less atheist.

Some of the biggest scammers online hide behind Abrahamic religions, with Christianity being the the forerunner. Trump's presidency would never have existed without his Christian base - yet to this day, with everything we know about him, they are still claiming him to be a man of god.

And their idea of insulting Obama is to emphasize his middle name (Hussein) because it's a popular name among Muslims.

Of course those who believe Obama is Muslim have no trouble believing Trump is Christian.

View attachment 2173413

Idk its all so confusing to me

Chriza28

Time-out again
Benched
Time Out
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
108,407 7,514 8,020
Alleybux
Idk its all so confusing to me
What confuses me the most is that someone can see this piece of evidence below and still claim there is a god.

I am vilified because I am not offended by the idea of transgenders or being called cis. Nope. THIS is what offends me.
upload_2020-12-23_2-8-8.png

Princess36

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
25,230 863 990
Alleybux
What confuses me the most is that someone can see this piece of evidence below and still claim there is a god.

I am vilified because I am not offended by the idea of transgenders or being called cis. Nope. THIS is what offends me.
View attachment 2173449

I have been through too much in my own personal life to believe that there is any type of god. The type of sh!t I've been through made me feel cursed bc I am. Where was this god when I was going through what I was. Where was god when young girls were suffering FGM?! There is no such thing is no god what so ever

Princess36

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
25,230 863 990
Alleybux
Realizing people (including the young and innocent) die everyday of starvation and dehydration, and have been since human time.

Knowing of all the terrible people who never suffered consequences for their actions, like Stalin, Hitler, Mengele, serial killers etc.

“They’ll get theirs in HELL!”

I realized that’s what people need to believe, because the fact that most evil people never answer for the things they do, is too much to bear in a world where there is supposed to be a “just” God, who protects.

Slavery. Where was the protection for our ancestors? Many AAs have women in their ancestry who were raped and brutalized. Where is the protection?

There was none and there is none.

I understand why some need it and I think it is because they cannot accept that life simply isn’t fair.

Not for any animal.

It is a brutal, unfair, competitive and dangerous cycle, in which you will do your absolute best to be on top - or you will lose.

Bc so much horrific sh!t has happened to me and I've seen others go through has made me question everything I had ever believed in. I'd pray to and ask god to send me a good person into my life and "god" sent satan so I'm a atheist going on 10 years now

Princess36

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
25,230 863 990
Alleybux

Why tf was my other post funny to you?

SoulfullyMe

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,329 462 696
Alleybux
I don't specifically know when but I did have a lot of questions as to how and why religion is forced upon little children through adulthood.

For example, I come from a muslim family. During religious classes, our teacher would strike us with a cable. He would hit us everywhere like our hands or thighs if we couldn't read or memorize an assigned portion of the Quran.

just everything about the world and what we have been told from birth seems to be more like a controlling tactic. Religion is manmade and is used to control society.

However, I do believe in some form of higher being. I also feel that as long as a person lives in their truth and has a heart full of love, they will be okay in the after life when they pass.

thechosenjew

Notamossadspy
Reaction score
Reactions
1,791 98 304
Alleybux
Science aka becoming more intelligent, doing my own research instead of rhetorics my parents were raised on though they are victims of generational religious beliefs installed by European colonizers/enslavers.

Giggles2cute

Keeping it gully 24/7
Reaction score
Reactions
16,964 1,795 2,294
Alleybux
I was raised Christian. Converted to Islam. Then was a Buddhist. Then became New Age.

The realization that it’s all based on absolutely nothing and contradicts each other. Who is actually right? Who wrote all these holy books? It’s all based on channeled information which made me eventually leave new age beliefs as well.
Channeled information = creative minds that cannot be validated.

Honestly if you have common sense and have studied history then you can’t logically believe in God or any religion. Religion is for the gullible and stupid.(y)(y)(y)

SShorty_2010

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,347 381 1,026
Alleybux
So then, to some of you: because there is 'suffering' in the world there is "no God"?

Riiight. So in effect, you are saying suffering is a consequence of God's non-existence?

Or are you blaming God because there is suffering?

So if there were no 'suffering' then for you, God would exist. Is my understanding correct?

SShorty_2010

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,347 381 1,026
Alleybux
Poverty, slavery, genocide. Why would God allow these things?

That combined with studying science and evolutionary biology.

I'm sorry, but comments like these confuse me...

So are you saying because God allows poverty, genocide, slavery to occur, He doesn't exist?

It is like saying, because the Hiltons allow party-goers who drink & smoke to stay in their hotels that means the Hiltons don't exist. It is not logical...

And I'd like to add: these party-goers because of their drinking & smoking and other bad decisions caused harm to others in the hotel, does that mean the Hilton's does not exist???

Last edited:

Mugla

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,325 436 216
Alleybux
I became born again in 2016 and it lasted two years. I always pondered but I have a good friend who has been a Christian for 15 years who always dropped nuggets in my ear. Something regarding employment in 2016 happened and I became convinced.

My first inkling should have been the "tarrying" service I did just prior to the born again ceremony. It felt so forced and unnatural.
When I eventually began reading the bible I thought, damn, this dude is not all loving, understanding or forgiving :unsure:

I really questioned why it seems majority of people came to Christ because it was drummed into them from childhood or they went through something tragic/hard times and needed a crutch to believe in. It seemed unfair that people born in other countries/families where other deities are celebrated would be sent to hell. Or if they couldn't read the bible in English then how would they be saved? Or people who just cant read at all wouldn't be saved.To top it off, the threat of hell has never stood right with me.

I believe there is something but not the Christian version of things.

Mugla

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,325 436 216
Alleybux
-using my common sense and critical thinking skills started to make a lot of biblical stories seem like sci fi

-when people pray for someone dying.. if it doesn't happen "God answered my prayers" and if it does happen "you're in a better place" ummm

-if God is real he seriously doesn't eff with black people, why did we have to deal with slavery? and its resulting effects

-when I learned in school about slave owners teaching Christianity/Baptist beliefs, why tf would you take on the religion of your oppressor?

-a lot of religion is rooted in sexism

-children getting cancer/abused/killed. if they're the most precious and vulnerable where is their protection?

Lord and this one!!! The same Christian friend asked us to pray for her grandma in hospital earlier this year with Cov. She eventually died. Now her aunt is in hospital with the same and she still asking us to pray. Im honestly thinking to myself "did we not pray hard enough last time" :unsure:. But apparently, she states we can "change His mind" :unsure:

Last edited:

lovelylavish

Don't take it personal...
Reaction score
Reactions
16,949 1,206 613
Alleybux
I was raised Christian. Converted to Islam. Then was a Buddhist. Then became New Age.

The realization that it’s all based on absolutely nothing and contradicts each other. Who is actually right? Who wrote all these holy books? It’s all based on channeled information which made me eventually leave new age beliefs as well.
Channeled information = creative minds that cannot be validated.

Honestly if you have common sense and have studied history then you can’t logically believe in God or any religion. Religion is for the gullible and stupid.(y)(y)(y)

I’m new age and that’s how I feel too. Who is actually right?

lovelylavish

Reaction score
Reactions
16,949 1,206 613
Alleybux
I look at all the suffering in the world and wonder how a loving God can allow this?

Same with kids starving to death and suffering but it’s one thing to hear about it and to actually see it. I remember when I first started this job the woman who trained me told me you can’t be a Christian and work in this field. I never forgot that and she’s right. 2 months after I started this job I left the church.

Sweetiepiie

I'm walking on sunshine
Reaction score
Reactions
155,925 4,475 2,414
Alleybux
Same with kids starving to death and suffering but it’s one thing to hear about it and to actually see it. I remember when I first started this job the woman who trained me told me you can’t be a Christian and work in this field. I never forgot that and she’s right. 2 months after I started this job I left the church.
Wow! That's so crazy. That reminds me of a photographer that used to shoot in South Sudan (?) I read that committed suicide because he couldn't handle all the suffering that he saw.

Sweetiepiie

I'm walking on sunshine
Reaction score
Reactions
155,925 4,475 2,414
Alleybux
Seriously what's wrong with Christians ganging up in the atheist and agnostic forum? I NEVER see it the other way around.

Eminem

Slim Shady
Reaction score
Reactions
169,075 10,079 5,127
Alleybux
Lol. Go tell that to a young girl that has cancer that it's sweets and roller coaster that makes up for her suffering

theres plenty of good things that happen in the world as well. many kids w/cancer have a positive attitude until the end and never ask "why me". Oh and theres kids with cancer who believe in God.

Sweetiepiie

I'm walking on sunshine
Reaction score
Reactions
155,925 4,475 2,414
Alleybux
lol, Christians see it in real life, though.
Some fµck!ng bµllsh!t
theres plenty of good things that happen in the world as well. many kids w/cancer have a positive attitude until the end and never ask "why me". Oh and theres kids with cancer who believe in God.
...and what about the ones that Do? They get told that chocolate makes up for their suffering? Better yet, why did God give a little girl with cancer?

lovelylavish

Reaction score
Reactions
16,949 1,206 613
Alleybux
Wow! That's so crazy. That reminds me of a photographer that used to shoot in South Sudan (?) I read that committed suicide because he couldn't handle all the suffering that he saw.

just wow. I feel like if people actually saw these things instead of what the news say then they’ll start questioning their faith as well. But who knows. It’s like when it comes to faith and religion people are so selfish and not in a good way either.