mollflanders

defamationismygame
OLDHEAD
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
256,854 3,330 1,461
Alleybux
Another Catholic checking in. I'm usually one of few, good to see you all. :)

Guru

<span style="color: Fabtastic;"><span style="color
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
2,945 65 50
Alleybux

Informative

<span style="font-family: Bold;color: yellow;"><sp
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
9,048 40 62
Alleybux
A cult in my own little world....doing what the hell I please.:headbang: Naw...just fibbing, I don't have one but I still pray.

snowflake

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,177 4 1
Alleybux
I was raised Ortodox Christian. But now i say that i'm just Christian...i rejoined the Christian church :) my dad's side of family is Catholic, my mom's Ortodox but i never had 2 Christmases and Easters and by rejoinin' it now i do ( :) j/p) i just brought it back to how it once was

SWEETnSOUR

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
26,749 520 810
Alleybux
I was raised Catholic, yet as I got older I began to classify myself as a Christian.

Shuga Slim

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
877 1
Alleybux
I classify myself as Christian, but I am by no means a fundamentalist or Bible literalist...

mollflanders

defamationismygame
OLDHEAD
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
256,854 3,330 1,461
Alleybux
Why are people differentiating between Christians and Catholics? Catholics are Christians, just like Baptists, Methodists, etc.

SWEETnSOUR

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
26,749 520 810
Alleybux
elusive1 said:
Why are people differentiating between Christians and Catholics? Catholics are Christians, just like Baptists, Methodists, etc.

Because not all Christians are Catholics. Not all Christians are Baptist. I don't classify myself as a specific type of Christian i.e. Catholic or Baptist etc etc. My fundamental beliefs are this: I believe in God, and that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior and he died for my sins. I do not waver on that. While I am open to different ideas those don't waver. Did I answer your question ma?

H8GR8-1

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
5,446 2 3
Alleybux
elusive1 said:

b/c Catholics are controversial on their own account in several ways- in addition to being controversial b/c of also being Christian.

(born Catholic and am a Christian)

snowflake

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,177 4 1
Alleybux
elusive1 said:
See i never understood that about you Americans. You created a religion that already existed but divided it from it's sub-religions, cause when the Christian church got divided it was to Western (Catholic) and Eastern (Ortodox), and numerous religions came from the Catholicism. By sayin' that you're Catholic, Ortodox, Protestant or w/e you're sayin' that you're Christian.

I called myself Christian just cause i kid that i rejoined the church

mollflanders

defamationismygame
OLDHEAD
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
256,854 3,330 1,461
Alleybux
Yes, I understand that SNS, all Christians are not Catholics but all Catholics are Christians. It's just weird to read I was a Catholic but now I'm a Christian, or something to that effect, because that just means the person had been a Christian all along, so why reiterate it but state it as if a change has been made. If it said, I was a Catholic, but now I'm a Baptist, or I was a Christian, but now I'm a Jew, then I wouldn't have said anything. There seems to almost be confusion that Catholics are in fact Christians based on the wording of the posts that's all.
It's akin to saying, he is a Chinese man, but she is an Asian. Yes, but both are Asian, so it really makes no sense to differentiate the two when you aren't necessarily saying that she is not Chinese. To say he is Chinese but she is Japanese makes sense. Does that make sense lol?

SWEETnSOUR

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
26,749 520 810
Alleybux
elusive1 said:
Yes, I understand that SNS, all Christians are Catholics but all Catholics are Christians. It's just weird to read I was a Catholic but now I'm a Christian, or something to that effect, because that just means the person had been a Christian all along, so why reiterate it but state it as if a change has been made. If it said, I was a Catholic, but now I'm a Baptist, or I was a Christian, but now I'm a Jew, then I wouldn't have said anything. There seems to almost be confusion that Catholics are in fact Christians based on the wording of the posts that's all.
It's akin to saying, he is a Chinese man, but she is an Asian. Yes, but both are Asian, so it really makes no sense to differentiate the two when you aren't necessarily saying that she is not Chinese. To say he is Chinese but she is Japanese makes sense. Does that make sense lol?

Ok I see where your confusion is. The only difference in Christian religions is the practice. Baptist do not practice Christianity the same way Catholics do or Methodist do or Protestants to or Pentocostals do. I do not practice Catholicism anymore. I do not go to a Priest and confess. Baptist or other Christian religions do not do that at all. They don't feel you have to go to a third person to confess your sins. They are not the same. All of them are Christians. But they practice differently. Do you get me now?

ETA: Me and my grandmother believe the same thing. But I do not pray on rosemary beads. She is still Catholic, I am not. But we are both Christians.

mollflanders

defamationismygame
OLDHEAD
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
256,854 3,330 1,461
Alleybux
Lol I always understood the differences between the different sects of Christianity. I just found the wording to be an odd choice as if the posters didn't realize Christianity encompasses Catholicism, that's all. :)

SWEETnSOUR

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
26,749 520 810
Alleybux
elusive1 said:
Lol I always understood the differences between the different sects of Christianity. I just found the wording to be an odd choice as if the posters didn't realize Christianity encompasses Catholicism, that's all. :)

Oh ok gotcha!

PL32

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
7,664 1
Alleybux
Do you think God even cares about religion? Just a question to ponder upon

SWEETnSOUR

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
26,749 520 810
Alleybux
PL32 said:
Do you think God even cares about religion? Just a question to ponder upon

Nope, I think he cares about your heart. Great question!!!!

PL32

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
7,664 1
Alleybux
SWEETnSOUR said:
Nope, I think he cares about your heart. Great question!!!!

That is how I feel. I think when you time comes for you to be face to face with the Lord, I doubt he is going to ask you about your religion while on earth.

SWEETnSOUR

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
26,749 520 810
Alleybux
PL32 said:
That is how I feel. I think when you time comes for you to be face to face with the Lord, I doubt he is going to ask you about your religion while on earth.

I agree fully and completly!!!

Curvy Jones

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
12,842 5 5
Alleybux
Christian, non denominational

Isn't Christian a faith, and Catholicism a denomination?

Vall3y

Rookie
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
People who are Christians and believe that the Bible is the word of God should also note that there should be no divisions among Christians.
If people cannot back up what they say with the word of God then their word is not of God but of man.

1 Corinthians 1:10,13 (NKJV)
Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions amoung you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgement. For it has been declared to me concerning you, my bretheren, by those of Choe's household, that there are contentions among you. Now I say this, that each of you says, "I am of Paul," or "I am of Apollos," or "I am of Cephas," or "I am of Christ." Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

Ephesians 4:4-6 - There is one body and one faith
There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

John 17:20,21 - Jesus prayed for unity among believers. But the result of man-made guides is division.
I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me thorugh their word; "that they may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.

H8GR8-1

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
5,446 2 3
Alleybux
Vall3y said:
People who are Christians and believe that the Bible is the word of God should also note that there should be no divisions among Christians.
If people cannot back up what they say with the word of God then their word is not of God but of man.

1 Corinthians 1:10,13 (NKJV)
Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions amoung you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgement. For it has been declared to me concerning you, my bretheren, by those of Choe's household, that there are contentions among you. Now I say this, that each of you says, "I am of Paul," or "I am of Apollos," or "I am of Cephas," or "I am of Christ." Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

Ephesians 4:4-6 - There is one body and one faith
There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

John 17:20,21 - Jesus prayed for unity among believers. But the result of man-made guides is division.
I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me thorugh their word; "that they may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.

Excellent point! Belief in God is not a problem, it the man-made conditions that we put upon our beliefs that causes all the religious strife in the world. If folks simply went by the Word without adding assorted rituals & demands based upon man's interpretation, we'd not have such a horrendous history of religious wars & persecution.

Cocaine

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,845 6 6
Alleybux
Baptist, although my pastor calls us Bapti-costals. LOL

CallMeShana

Truly Outrageous!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
31,092 486 87
Alleybux
<--- Christian

QUESTION: to those of you who recently joined The Church (whatever denomination), did you make a conscious decision to be Catholic, Methodist, Pentacostal, or whatever? Just curious.

I am A.M.E. because i was raised A.M.E. ... i don't how one would actually go about finding/deciding upon a denomination.

Status
Not open for further replies.