Quantcast

What was the worst school field trip you've been on?

wijole

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
23,642 2,521 963
Alleybux
In 5th grade we went to a YMCA family camp for about a week. It was terrible because it was in April and it rained incredibly hard for about 6 out of 7 days of the entire week. We barely did anything but stay inside the damn cabins for nearly the entire time. The most I liked about it was kayaking and the food, but the food started to make me and other kids feel sick. We didn't notice this until after the trip was over.

Then me and my mom got lost in the woods for about 30 minutes when we were trying to do a scavenger hunt activity. Honestly though that was probably the most exciting part of the trip

That sh!t fµck!ng sucked

Beaming

look at me now, I'm beaming
Reaction score
Reactions
119,985 4,307 1,657
Alleybux
Not me, but I chaperoned a trip with my then toddler preschool. They took these babies to "pretend town" A storefront with different stations where the kids can dress up and pretend to be in different American eras'.
Cowboys, colonial time, revolution, etc. After five minutes the kids were like We bored! They expected us to stay there all morning!!

Brook360

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,108 4
Alleybux
In 4th grade we took a trip to look at an archeological excavation. We started to get back on the bus and I realized I’d left my jacket somewhere. I found it and got on the bus where the whole class was waiting for me, and in a loud voice the teacher said “Brook, you’d leave your head if it wasn’t screwed on”. She was right, I still lose everything, but I was so embarrassed!
Definitely not my most embarrassing moment by far, but the worst field trip, lol.

Rooomy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
58 29 12
Alleybux
It was tradition at my high school for juniors to go on a nature retreat. In my junior year, some coked-out administrator thought it would be a great idea to send a bunch of kids camping in the dead of winter for four days, instead of the usual late spring. Luckily, there were cabins on the grounds but they weren't comfortable (barely heated to room-temp and intermittent hot water.) There were 4-6 of us per room in bunk beds, separated by xes thankfully.

On paper, the programming wasn't too bad: crafts (soapmaking, dyeing, carving, etc.), yoga, creative writing, and some biology workshops. It was going fine until one night, several of the "camp counselors" the school hired to oversee the retreat gathered us all at around 7PM to "reenact the underground railroad", which was NOT in the itinerary. (For reference, I went to a majority white private school in a 90%+ white suburb.) The supposed purpose of this was to "enlighten us about the struggles of black people". Several of my white classmates did appear uncomfortable with the idea, but didn't speak out. Those of us who did speak up to say we didn't wanna participate were forced to anyways, because they told us that we couldn't be left alone in the cabins without adults by law.

So we all went outside and they told us all to hold onto a rope as they led us through a trail around the campgrounds in the middle of the night. It was pitch black with only the flashlights the counselors had to light our way. This camp was by a river and a girl did almost fall in completely when she tripped. I had to lend her a pair of my pants when we got back because they froze. (It was a miracle that she didn't get hypothermia.) Insanity went to the next level when one of the counselors decided to "go for realism" by calling one of us a slave. I and the few black/latino/arab kids in the group weren't down for that sh!t at all. We stopped moving and demanded to leave, so they led us back to the cabins. If there was a half-assed apology, I don't remember it.

The trip ended early the next day with all of us teens stranded in the main cabin, waiting for the school buses to show up and take us back to civilization. A blizzard rolled through early that morning, so the buses had to be fitted with snow chains before they could reach us. The counselors dropped sandwiches, chips, soda, and apples on the tables and told us to pack our own lunches as we waited. A couple hours passed and the buses still didn't make it up to the campgrounds. That's when all but two of the counselors took off in their own cars and left us behind.

This was like 20 years ago, btw. I'm sure that if this happened today it'd be all over the news/twitter/etc and everybody involved would be fired. But I don't remember there being another retreat after that one.

BIG DEEDEE

Is that mildew I smell or Phyllis' wet hair?
Reaction score
Reactions
2,111 55 5
Alleybux
When I was in kindergarten we went to a farm where the family that lived there had all the black and Hispanic kids play a “game” of collecting the most cotton.

Reaction score
Reactions
4,390 200 149
Alleybux
It was in the fourth grade and I was attending some weird Christian School. We had one time went to Petco for a school frild trip.

Kanethia

Cornrow Clique
Reaction score
Reactions
421,955 13,097 1,901
Alleybux
My school thought it was a bright idea to have a whole bunch of 12 to13-year-olds spend the night at Ripley's Believe It or Not. It was FREEZING cold the entire night and the wax figures were HORRIFYING at night and kept most of us up so we didn't get a lick of sleep.

Then there was this other time that my grade went on a trip to Washington D.C. and there was a heatwave the entire duration of our trip. The school thought it was a bright idea for us to walk from museum to museum instead of letting the coach bus drop us off from location to location. And well....children started getting lightheaded and fatigue from dehydration. Then some kids started feeling queasy from the food they ate from the food court. It was really bad. We got back to our rooms and so many kids were sick that night.

Madam Slay

Into every generation a slayer is born
Reaction score
Reactions
146,661 3,339 733
Alleybux
We went to a landfill. It stank to high heaven and we had to eat our lunch on the bus. It was summer so we had to keep the windows down. My school was cheap af.

Mavis Gary

Young Adult
Reaction score
Reactions
69,358 1,698 714
Alleybux
Fifth grade, going to the state symphony.

as a volunteer I went with third graders to the universoul circus, I was bored as hell. Not feeling animal labor.

snicole76

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
237,223 3,245 138
Alleybux
We just walked behind the school.... it was a science class

1621095977503.jpeg

MelanieMartinez

austin butler's bish
Reaction score
Reactions
8,212 228 55
Alleybux
We went to the Planetarium in the 4th grade and it was boring as hell. It happened to be on my 10th birthday. When we were getting ready to leave the bus broke down so we had to wait over an hour for another bus to show up. Then while we were waiting this one kid in my class and his mom got off the bus and dude just casually started puking in front of the planetarium. Him and his mom got back on and she was like “oh he’s ok he just ate too much.” this one group of girls got so grossed out watching him they thought they were gonna start puking so then they ran off the bus but thankfully they went to the bathroom inside instead of doing it in plain sight lol. Finally got home at like 5pm grumpy as hell, worst childhood birthday ever.

rasclautmangos

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,581 1,251 263
Alleybux
In the 5th grade we went to a small confederate museum. It wasn't very nice or professionally done either. The man that was working there had on confederate flag overalls.

I had a attitude and didn't want to be there the whole time. I already knew the confederate flag wasn't something I should be celebrating as a black child.

IamAwesome84

Attraction. Reaction. So Much Satisfaction!
Reaction score
Reactions
236,541 4,082 740
Alleybux
I'm sure some of y'all have seen or heard about "Scared Straight". So back in grade school, I dunno who's idea this was, but for some reason, several classes got picked to go on this field trip. And where did we go? To a damn Correctional Facility!!!! When we got there, the boys were separated from the girls and we had to leave our belongings in some damn storage containers as we came in. So after all that, they took us to this auditorium, where we had to sit down and listen to these inmates and officers talk. The whole damn time I was irritated, cause I did not wanna be subjected to this mess. Only the problem kids should've been on this particular field trip. So anyway, I think at the end, just as we were leaving, they gave us these box lunches with these rubbery ass dildo looking hot dogs. I've been depressed ever since!

Diana Hunter

戴安娜·亨特
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
412,510 20,199 4,941
Alleybux
We went to a playground next to my house. I had to go back to school all the way across town because the teacher couldn't release me. I was only a block away from my house.

CoolWhipBish

"Gotta always top everything"-Emotivist
Reaction score
Reactions
200,116 4,014 169
Alleybux
We went to a landfill. It stank to high heaven and we had to eat our lunch on the bus. It was summer so we had to keep the windows down. My school was cheap af.
A LANDFILL?! HOW RANDOM! and i thought us going to a power plant was pretty random...

Puntismom

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,022 37 14
Alleybux
My school thought it was a bright idea to have a whole bunch of 12 to13-year-olds spend the night at Ripley's Believe It or Not. It was FREEZING cold the entire night and the wax figures were HORRIFYING at night and kept most of us up so we didn't get a lick of sleep.

Then there was this other time that my grade went on a trip to Washington D.C. and there was a heatwave the entire duration of our trip. The school thought it was a bright idea for us to walk from museum to museum instead of letting the coach bus drop us off from location to location. And well....children started getting lightheaded and fatigue from dehydration. Then some kids started feeling queasy from the food they ate from the food court. It was really bad. We got back to our rooms and so many kids were sick that night.
DC heat aint no joke!

ShadyEsq

⚜️Creole. ADOS.Proud ⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
267,586 10,506 1,537
Alleybux
Angola Prison. This was in the days of before sacred straight. A group of prisoners sat around a radio listening to Freddie Jackson while looking at us...two guards had to speak to one of the nuns three different times for getting too close/talking/being friendly with prisoners that weren’t part of the trustee group helping with the tour...the parent chaperones were scared, lunch was HORRIBLE. I can’t think of one positive minute from the whole field trip.

As a Mom, I chaperoned a trip to a humane circus with no animals. The teacher who organized it promised that there would be no clowns...the b!tch lied, I screamed and ran, and my kid is still embarrassed to this day. Fvck that teacher.

Cassav

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,364 777 187
Alleybux
In middle school when we went to this air plane show it was extremely boring and we all would have preferred to be in class instead plus kids at another school were being racist AF to us

shademuse

Founder of the Bernice Starnes STAN Fair Thread
Reaction score
Reactions
129,436 2,150 270
Alleybux
We visited a nearby military base to look at helicopters on a field. We entered a prop medical tent and whoever was responsible for that educational display most likely went on to art direct the entire Saw franchise. There was a mannequin soldier on a gurney with bloody bandages, a burned off face, and an arm raising and lowering on a mechanical pulley as a speaker played sounds of a man moaning in pain for a medic.

I think the chaperones realized that we were traumatized because of how immediately we clumped together. They rushed us out, but it was too late. We went in that tent as carefree elementary school students and emerged as mini grizzled Vietnam vets with bags under our eyes and cigs hanging from our lips.

Foxxy Love

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,576 44 38
Alleybux
So at my school, all the sixth graders got to go to a special camp for a few days. They had off brand kool-aid but called it zippy, and if you ate the last of something you had to go refill it. Imagine my little ass not only got the sh!ts from that zippy, but I grabbed my footie pajamas instead of normal ones. I was assigned a cabin with all the popular, rich white girls too.

I got judged sooo hard, y'all. fµck that place.

Blackpearl

in his arms, watching the tide
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
33,775 414 72
Alleybux
Not me, but I chaperoned a trip with my then toddler preschool. They took these babies to "pretend town" A storefront with different stations where the kids can dress up and pretend to be in different American eras'.
Cowboys, colonial time, revolution, etc. After five minutes the kids were like We bored! They expected us to stay there all morning!!
My town has one of these. It is one of the most boring field trips ever.

Blackpearl

in his arms, watching the tide
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
33,775 414 72
Alleybux
Angola Prison. This was in the days of before sacred straight. A group of prisoners sat around a radio listening to Freddie Jackson while looking at us...two guards had to speak to one of the nuns three different times for getting too close/talking/being friendly with prisoners that weren’t part of the trustee group helping with the tour...the parent chaperones were scared, lunch was HORRIBLE. I can’t think of one positive minute from the whole field trip.

As a Mom, I chaperoned a trip to a humane circus with no animals. The teacher who organized it promised that there would be no clowns...the b!tch lied, I screamed and ran, and my kid is still embarrassed to this day. Fvck that teacher.
I cannot STAND clowns. They are incredibly creepy to me.

Reaction score
Reactions
4,612 183 3
Alleybux
I was 8 and we had a "residential trip" which basically means we camped on a nature reserve overnight.

The next day we sat in a classroom and passed around a load of bugs and snakes. We had been warned to treat them kindly and carefully.

The moment I held a millipede was the moment I found out what a panic attack was - I screamed, shook the millipede off my hand and had a meltdown in front of the entire class - who had no idea what was going on and just sort of went silent and stared at me until I was pulled from the room. Nobody knew how to handle me after that, they either avoided me (probably scared it was going to happen again), or straight up asked what happened.

That was my first night spent away from my family. I spent the rest of the trip feeling homesick and miserable, with no way of explaining to anyone what had happened.

Not sure what brought it on to this day, I think I thought it had bitten me and I'd been poisoned...

Or when we were 5 were taken to a Victorian classroom and one of the kids in my class was being naughty, so they took him out of the classroom and pretended to beat him with a switch. I cried for my own ass, thinking I might be next. The "teacher" had to break character to reassure me that nothing had really happened.

I was an easily spooked child.

smokesilver

I trigger fonts
Reaction score
Reactions
38,465 1,860 410
Alleybux
To a farm.... I don't know what made the teachers think prissy little girls would be interested in walking through a wet, STANKY, muddy pig sty combined with ostriches that fµck!ng spit at you. To this DAY my kindergarten teacher can most definitely get these hands for that.

Poitiers

Queen of Plates
Reaction score
Reactions
45,306 797 112
Alleybux
Y'all got me remembering a few bad field trips:

Around kindergarten, maybe 1st grade, we went to a farm or petting zoo? I don't know. What I do remember is they gave us cups full of feed for the goats. Chile them goats did not play, especially with little kids that were at their eye level. What I remember is seeing a goat straight up booyaka stomp a boy at the knees for the cup of food.

Lemme tell you, I was not about to fµcked up by some goats. I threw my cup at a goat and kept it moving. I wasn't about to get rammed, slammed, or back kicked for a dixie cup full of corn or whatever was in it. I'm sure the little boy was traumatized, but at least his mom was there to console him, my black ass knew nobody was gonna console me so I dipped out.

Anyway the other 2 aren't really as funny. 1 was a cancelled trip because of rain so we had an "in school" field trip where we watched educational videos and were bored AF. The other was at a play where the actors were crackheads so it was a whole mess, you'd think it would be funny like in an episode of Chapelle Show or Living Color but nah. It was just sad.

Starlite

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,585 511 44
Alleybux
We were supposed to go see a play in 5th grade but it got cancelled so they took us to the public library. sh!t was boring as hell. They could have just sent us back to school.

bigpimpin98

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,202 1,068 44
Alleybux
I had finally convinced my mom to be a chaperone on a field trip to the science center in our city. I had a good time, my mom is pretty laid back, but my classmates acted a straight fool. A boy and a girl in our group fought, there was a boy in my class who’d get upset and just run off (in the classroom, in public, wherever) who did just that, just being a whole mess. My mom never went on another field trip and she sent me to a new school the next year. Lmao.

Felizy

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
10,428 475 22
Alleybux
4th grade, we were supposed to spend 2 days(not overnight) at a local nature preserve learning about plants, animals, etc. Well someone didn't check the weather for the week. The first day there were horrible thunderstorms off and on and we mainly stayed in the visitors area.
The teachers decided to cut our trip short, but by the time they came to that decision the roads were flooded. I don't know when we eventually left but it was late at night.

The next day, the preserve got flooded, so we stayed at school spent all day in the gym.

Last edited:

MoMoKitty

I claw out eyes
Reaction score
Reactions
57,339 2,552 2,730
Alleybux
In the 4th grade I think we went to the Land of Make Believe. We were all so excited but then realized the rides were a bµllsh!t. So straight kid sh!t. Only one ride was made popping. We was mad as sh!t and just started acting a fool to entertain ourselves.

Why would they take a bunch of 9-10 years old to a amusement park with a grounded rollercoaster like we visiting Santa in the mall?!!!

Kitty Forman

You can admire, but don’t look too long.
Reaction score
Reactions
161,858 2,106 162
Alleybux
Winn Dixie supermarket which was down the street from the school. We left at 9-930 and were back in class by 1030.

Crssak12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,955 5,228 6,498
Alleybux
Went on this civil rights trip/trail to different place in Mississippi/Tennessee that had spots with a lot of black history. When we got to some place in Jackson Ms., Like four people I went to school went got arrested for smoking weed in the hotel we were staying in. It made me upset the rest of the trip because of how stupid those four where and because one of the four was my best friend.

IamAwesome84

Reaction score
Reactions
236,541 4,082 740
Alleybux

You too? You have my deepest sympathy!!!

AnjeeBanjee

Gratuitous
Reaction score
Reactions
104,807 2,305 964
Alleybux
Planetarium although I did like lying on the floor looking up at the cosmos. I was talking too much, non stop and got into trouble

Sytye

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
595 33 4
Alleybux
I'm sure some of y'all have seen or heard about "Scared Straight". So back in grade school, I dunno who's idea this was, but for some reason, several classes got picked to go on this field trip. And where did we go? To a damn Correctional Facility!!!! When we got there, the boys were separated from the girls and we had to leave our belongings in some damn storage containers as we came in. So after all that, they took us to this auditorium, where we had to sit down and listen to these inmates and officers talk. The whole damn time I was irritated, cause I did not wanna be subjected to this mess. Only the problem kids should've been on this particular field trip. So anyway, I think at the end, just as we were leaving, they gave us these box lunches with these rubbery ass dildo looking hot dogs. I've been depressed ever since!
We also had a field trip to a damn jail when I was in elementary school

IamAwesome84

Reaction score
Reactions
236,541 4,082 740
Alleybux
We also had a field trip to a damn jail when I was in elementary school
I thought it was just a thing Chicago schools were doing at the time. I guess not. Either way, my ass should've stayed home and faked being sick lmao