What was your first pregnancy symptom?

Reactions
3,158 19 6
Alleybux
Reading this is like reading Webmd during a cough that won't leave. Let me get out here before I get the cooties.
4538D263-52CC-4BBE-8338-394E13F85BA1.jpeg

Reactions
6,745 36 35
Alleybux
I was hungry as heck right even after eating big meals. I knew something was up when I had my mom’s usual Jamaican Sunday dinner plus seconds, but I was still left feeling like there was a big empty whole in my tummy...

The next one was nausea after eating... it was a wrap after that.... pregnancy test stat!

Corona Coochie
Reactions
131,380 1,566 506
Alleybux
Back pain, late period with my first pregnancy (miscarriage)

With this one I was extremely nauseated and dizzy but I was also in a lot of pain. I thought it was a complication of fibroids and when I went for a surgery consultation, I found out I was pregnant.

Doc was like “oh, there it is”

Me: the large fibroid

Doc: Oh no, that’s your baby

Reactions
534 19 29
Alleybux
Looking back now, I would say it would be fatigue for sure and my boobs hurt.

I never thought ButI was pregnant either time. I was at the doctor and they gave me a routine pregnancy test and it was weirdly positive. Also, the other time my friend thought she was pregnant so I took one with her just so she would be more comfortable and she wasnt but I was.

Reactions
1,356 59 5
Alleybux
extreeeme fatigue. like you couldn't pay me to stay awake. i remember just before i found out i was pregnant, my husband woke me up from a nap and i bawled my eyes out bc i was so tired.

This is exactly how I’m feeling right now lol. I’ve been freaking out about sleeping so much. I can sleep all night and morning....wake up in the afternoon and I’m still exhausted.

Reactions
36,946 559 242
Alleybux
I didn’t have symptoms yet. Since I was charting with most of them, and actively TTC, I started testing pretty early, usually 9 dpo. I tested positive between 10-12 dpo with all of my kids, so it was still too early to really have symptoms.

But I did just have a gut feeling. I just felt “off” and knew to test. With my youngest daughter, my husband and I had just seen the movie Noah in the theater and stopped by a store before picking the kids up from school. I just felt off. So after we took the kids home, I went to the store to get a test. I was too anxious to wait until I got home so I took it at the store and immediately saw the + sign and called my mama. I was 12 dpo, IIRC.

With my youngest, I had a similar feeling and took a test. I was around 11-12 dpo.

The earliest I developed symptoms was 5 weeks with #3, and I felt really queasy and had strong food aversions. I had only mild symptoms with my others starting at 6-8 weeks. I didn’t experience morning sickness with any of my kids.

Reactions
14,903 274 87
Alleybux
First Trimester: Morning Sickness
Second Trimester: Heartburn/Fatigue
Third Trimester: Discomfort all over the body especially when walking or rolling out of bed. The inability to sleep due to not being comfortable.

Closer To My Dreams
Reactions
54,667 2,773 1,026
Alleybux
The last time was nausea, back pain, I missed my period for about a week with a faint positive. However I just couldn’t keep my stress levels down and ended up with painful spotting accompanied by bleeding. It ended up being a chemical pregnancy back in November.

Reactions
864 8 2
Alleybux
B4 my missed period it was heartburn everyday (sometimes for no reason). And lower back pain for no reason. Almost felt like I pulled a muscle or something in my back.
Now after my period and a positive test I got a whole lot of other symptoms that no one really talks about.

Reactions
616 1
Alleybux
Right before I noticed my period was late my boobs got super tender and my nips were always up at attention lol , even when it wasn’t cold or chilly

Reactions
78,238 1,780 606
Alleybux
With my Daughter, I started getting panic attacks first. After that it was tooth pain.

With the boy I lost, I remember my boobs got big (for me that is -- I'm petite in general and in the AA range so any added fullness is very obvious on me) very quickly but I already was aware that I was pregnant at that point because we had been pursuing fertility treatments.

Reactions
6,767 59 15
Alleybux
I always get a cold. I'm not sure if it's my body focusing on other things, but all three times I got the sniffles and felt a little rundown, then started having insanely vivid dreams.

Pampered princess from the ghetto
Reactions
21,728 1,071 581
Alleybux
Headaches!

Every single morning during my first trimester, I would wake up with a crazy headache.

That was my very first symptom. All the other stuff came afterwards.

Reactions
3,183 26 14
Alleybux
About how long did the cramping last before you got tested? And how soon after y'all had sex did you experience cramping ? I'm asking for a friend :unsure:

@Seychelles
@BlaqHippy

Last edited:
Reactions
Alleybux
1st child: Nothing but a missed period
2nd child: I had a vivid dream about pregnancy. I think i was 2 weeks pregnant, took the test and test was a faint pink but positive.

Reactions
5,661 72 57
Alleybux
Tiredness. Extreme tiredness. I was at work and I was so sleepy I thought someone spiked my coffee with Benadryl. I felt like I had an IV drip of anesthesia I couldn’t even keep my eyes open. I knew right then and there I was pregnant.

Reactions
921 1
Alleybux
period was five days late. Once I got a positive test, I realized the headaches
, cramps and extreme tiredness were early symptoms that I mistook for my period starting.

ThaBaddestBish
Reactions
8,636 334 41
Alleybux
I ended up getting pregnant right before I went to Jamaica to see family and the whole 1 week trip there I had Period cramps but no period, extremely tired, bad headaches, always hungry and a very shitty mood.

I said what I said. Don't bother.
Reactions
4,283 156 118
Alleybux
Hated my husband. Like, screaming at him, irrationally like super PMS. During the week before my period should have started. So I thought I was having a weird case of PMS.

Nose bleed during one of these screaming fits - my nose never bleeds.

Tired all the time. So tired.

Period was late which never happens. So I took a test, found out at 4 or 5 weeks.

Closer To My Dreams
Reactions
54,667 2,773 1,026
Alleybux
Hated my husband. Like, screaming at him, irrationally like super PMS. During the week before my period should have started. So I thought I was having a weird case of PMS.

Nose bleed during one of these screaming fits - my nose never bleeds.

Tired all the time. So tired.

Period was late which never happens. So I took a test, found out at 4 or 5 weeks.

I had a nose bleed a few days ago and a sinus infection. My tests are negative but second day and no period.

Reactions
9,721 151 27
Alleybux
1st pregnancy- Missed period, my cycles are very prompt and concise.
2nd pregnancy- I tested the day my period was supposed to arrive, nothing.... also had a slight cold and fatigue. Being that I know pregnancy suppresses your immune system slightly, I just had a feeling.

I cried when the result said I was pregnant again...

Trending Threads

The Culture

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Don't Drag Me But I Have a Crush on a Former Gambino Crime Family Crew Member!
Another one I'm crushing on is Michael Franzese. They say in the 80s he was making $10 million a week hustling! Does he have a new face and a...
MakeupShayla General Discussion Thread
Sooo... does Shayla have non-influencer friends, (college, high school, etc) I thought they would've been there first with her to greet everyone...
Overweight women not being attracted to and clowning overweight men
Thank you. I wonder what the OP looks like for her to feel fat women preference should be only fat men? Are you serious? They all for women...
Latin America Music Tea Thread
He’s super lit He looks like he's a lot of fun to be around.
Fonts of Divorced Parents - Give Me Some Advice Please!
Not trying to be cynical, but there is a reason they don’t talk to him. I haven’t spoken to or visited my father in a few years and it’s because...
Liv's Life: Living My Best Lie!
Unflattering and she really has no ass I can smell that crack from here .
BBC creativy diversity boss says Idris Elba as Luther 'not Black enough'
LOL I know this woman. Which is probably me revealing a little too much...
How am I...as a black woman...supposed to feel about the continuous shootings?
They died as teenagers. Just imagine if they had lived long enough to adulthood to become abusers.... Are you on to something @same ole bs ? I...
Top Bottom