Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

The Original Moses
Reaction score
Reactions
6,161 2
Alleybux
I was actually at Church and heard a group of young people having a conversation about something silly on MySpace, suddenly one of the older people in the group starting talking about this thread they participated in here on LSA. The person was talking in details about what they thought about the person who started the thread and some issues she stated she had in other threads. I understand that this is cyberworld, but eventually it might occur that the worlds of two people who have no idea who the other is (in the cyber world)collide. It could be at Church,Costco's, work or walking in the park. But what would you do if you heard someone discussing something that wrote about on LSA. I mean using your screenname and dolling out verbatim the information that you and others in the thread spoke about? What would you do?

N2Truth

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,972 3 1
Alleybux
I was actually at Church and heard a group of young people having a conversation about something silly on MySpace, suddenly one of the older people in the group starting talking about this thread they participated in here on LSA. The person was talking in details about what they thought about the person who started the thread and some issues she stated she had in other threads. I understand that this is cyberworld, but eventually it might occur that the worlds of two people who have no idea who the other is (in the cyber world)collide. It could be at Church,Costco's, work or walking in the park. But what would you do if you heard someone discussing something that wrote about on LSA. I mean using your screenname and dolling out verbatim the information that you and others in the thread spoke about? What would you do?
Do these people know you in the real world, or are they just referring to your LSA persona?

Moses

The Original Moses
Reaction score
Reactions
6,161 2
Alleybux
Do these people know you in the real world, or are they just referring to your LSA persona?

I'm saying that you are out and you happen up on a conversation that someone else is having and it's about your online personality....what would you do???

P.Y.T.

<span style="font-weight: bold;font-family: georgi
Reaction score
Reactions
11,911 27 7
Alleybux
hmmm.. i'm not sure about this one! i'll have to
get back to you...

CandyKisses

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
32,851 34 14
Alleybux
I'm saying that you are out and you happen up on a conversation that someone else is having and it's about your online personality....what would you do???

I really wouldn't say anything. You don't want them to know it's you..PERIOD! I would just listen to them. I know it may be hard considering what they are actually saying about you if it's something bad but I know for certain I wouldn't say a word! That's just me......

Inquiring Mind

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
16,038 1 2
Alleybux
I really wouldn't say anything. You don't want them to know it's you..PERIOD! I would just listen to them. I know it may be hard considering what they are actually saying about you if it's something bad but I know for certain I wouldn't say a word! That's just me......

COSIGN! And, I'd be wondering why cats were so pressed about my words; were they THAT thought-provoking?:rollseyes::twitcy:

N2Truth

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,972 3 1
Alleybux
I agree, I would do the same. The best part about LSA and other sites is the anonymity!!!!!!!!!!!

dalostprophet

behold your prophecy
Reaction score
Reactions
659 1
Alleybux
just shut it, then come back to LSA and type some sh!t that would fµck with their mind, like something you personally know about them....

Anna Ymous

I loathe oOGBezOo
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
155,248 4,640 879
Alleybux
I don't think it would bother me. My elife personality and rl personality aren't that different. Plus I try to live that whatever I am doing in life period,I shouldnt be ashamed of because forreal you never know who is watching you.

Beverly

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux

I agree. I would just listen to see if they agreed with what I was saying and if not, I might ask....why not?
But never letting them know that person was me.
UNLESS they happen to be kinfolks.

B.B. Homemaker

You Know You Love Me.
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
45,424 283 341
Alleybux
The internet is real... just an extension... I would keep my mouth shut just like if you don't want Bobby knowing what he heard some girl did with Ricky. You know who it was... plead the 5th.

Asanaa

SuPaDupAStaR
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
1,369 11
Alleybux
I know I would say "That's Me!" with the quicky. The opnions I have on here are the same ones I have in person and I'm not ashamed of them. I never pretended to be someone I was not on this b!tch. I mainly just give my opinions on this b!tch so I'll have nothing to be scared of. So there was really a lady talking about it in person in your presence?

Asanaa

SuPaDupAStaR
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
1,369 11
Alleybux
If you're posting this she is going to read it and know who you are.

Calylophus

None
Reaction score
Reactions
3,510 1 1
Alleybux
===
WOW! You have posted what has become a concern of mine. After seeing some of the threads, I am concerned that someone could figure me out from my user name.

In your case, I would not have said anything, but it definitely would make me feel uncomfortable. In my area, message board usuge is frowned upon and therefore I have never run into someon off this board. I did meet some people that post on blackvoices.com but that board is tamer.

Anyway, it would be embarrassing, but what can you do? Hopefully, you haven't disclosed enough information that someone can equate you with your user name.

Moses

The Original Moses
Reaction score
Reactions
6,161 2
Alleybux
===
WOW! You have posted what has become a concern of mine. After seeing some of the threads, I am concerned that someone could figure me out from my user name.

In your case, I would not have said anything, but it definitely would make me feel uncomfortable. In my area, message board usuge is frowned upon and therefore I have never run into someon off this board. I did meet some people that post on blackvoices.com but that board is tamer.

Anyway, it would be embarrassing, but what can you do? Hopefully, you haven't disclosed enough information that someone can equate you with your user name.

When you look at some peoples usernames, it is very easy for some people to figure out who is who. Heavens to betsy if you invite some people to join and they do the same and then you have a falling out and well you can figure out how the rest goes from there

ROOT

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
19,907 23 49
Alleybux
All it means is neither one of you have a life, or are a very good christian. if your talking about lipstickalley at church,, shame shame

Status
Not open for further replies.