What's the last movie you watched? Part II

الصبر
Reactions
34,249 1,085 38
Alleybux
1618892583263.jpeg

The ‘happy ending’ didn’t sit right with me... unrealistic and didn’t fit. Other than that, good movie. Never saw it before.

Reactions
3,558 14 1
Alleybux
I just watched "Synchronic" on Netflix with Anthony Mackie. What a weird movie. It's a Sci-Fi trippy kind of film. The first 40 minutes are drab and I almost gave up. But then it got better and I stuck it out until the end. Overall it was pretty decent.

Reactions
4,537 159 100
Alleybux
Mortal Kombat

Mortal & Mediocre

PRAISE: If you ever loved video games like Mortal Kombat and Pit Fighter like I did you will find things to like and cheer about in this 2021 film version of the game.
The story : Hunted by the fearsome warrior Sub-Zero, MMA fighter Cole Young finds sanctuary at the temple of Lord Raiden. Training with experienced fighters Liu Kang, Kung Lao and the rogue mercenary Kano, Cole prepares to stand with Earth's greatest champions to take on the enemies from Outworld in a high-stakes battle for the universe.

I got a lot of laughs out of this one especially from Josh Lawson as Kano from beginning to end his character was entertaining .Some truly funny and salty one liners are coupled with the fight sequences.
Other actors do their best to represent the popular characters in the game.
I admire their commitment to the choreography in the fight scenes.
There are plenty of good kills that are not for the faint of heart and tons of fan service. The sets and SFX were pretty good.
Honorable Mention to Sisi Stringer as Mileena you gave it to them nice and nasty !!

PROBLEMS: Nothing about the plot really grabbed me. The animated Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge actually had a more involving plot .There is a cheesiness that envelopes the movie and it comes through via the acting especially when actors try to deliver lines with urgency but sound like they are reading their lines off a teleprompter.
It's funny how it's stated over and over again how characters have to reach a level of Chi or whatever to get their full powers but it seemed pretty simple to attain by just doing something simple.
With the characters that keep popping up throughout the movie I was actually shocked they left some out.

Scale of 1-10 a 6

Da cutest chick u ever saw is a Chickasaw squaw
OLDHEAD
Reactions
32,986 899 354
Alleybux
the-power-poster-177x270.jpeg
unnamed-18.jpg

Me and bae watched these two the other day, both were ok..

They just don't make horror movies like they use to..

all sunshine and flowers :)
Reactions
11,875 126 26
Alleybux
81Cyc%2BhTU0L._SX342_.jpg

200w.gif

After a wild one-night stand, a successful sports agent watches his perfect life slowly disappear when he discovers the sexy and mysterious woman he risked everything for is a determined police detective who entangles him in her latest investigation

I enjoyed this sexy noir thriller, I always enjoy a good Fatal Attraction type of movie. Lots of twists and turns and Hilary Swank was good in this.

ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzL2Y4Nzg2OTdkLWY0MWEtNDQyOS04NDU4LTg2YWMyM2U2YTk1Mi5qcGc=

A couple's ailing marriage gets put to the test when they are held hostage in an isolated vacation rental by an unseen voice that commands their every move and threatens harm if they don't obey.

After watching the trailer I was excited to see this movie, but the trailer was probably better than the entire movie lol. I found the movie a bit disappointing and flat. It had all the elements for something really good but didn't achieve it. Still worth a watch. The setting was good, very isolated and creepy. Sort of a cross between a home invasion and the Stepford Wives movie.

Reactions
4,537 159 100
Alleybux
STOWAWAY

Half empty Space

PRAISE : Joe Penna's & Ryan Morrison's story of
A three-person crew on a mission to Mars that faces an impossible choice when an unplanned passenger jeopardizes the lives of everyone on board has it's thrilling and suspenseful moments and is well acted by the entire cast including : Anna Kendrick
Daniel Dae Kim,Shamier Anderson and Toni Collette.Filmed in a way that was so involving that i actually said hey watch your head to the characters a few times.
The theme of sacrifice coupled with psychological drama worked here and there in the movie.

PROBLEMS : Predictable from it's first dwelling frames. In order for me to get into the film i had to believe that something unbelievable would be explained and unfortunately the explanation was beyond weak and just opened up a plot hole.Then something occurs that ends up being far to convenient especially when i thought about something that happened earlier in the movie.This all leads to another plot hole and an ending that didnt move me but just jarred by how abrupt it was.
I wonder if the writers were trying to take a poke at Aerospace companies like SpaceX.

Scale of 1-10 a 5

Reactions
3,558 14 1
Alleybux
I just saw King Kong today at the theater. It was aiight, but I went in not expecting much.

The real excitement was just seeing a movie again on the big screen. I haven't stepped foot in a theater in over a year. My husband and I were the only people in the theater and we caught the first show, so I felt safe. And it was fun seeing previews. The new "A Quiet Place 2" looks like it's going to be good!

Reactions
93,020 3,562 1,742
Alleybux

f875186dec10f2f3b12e9eebcac950507c3a8bd2.jpg

The World To Come (2021)

A period piece about two married neighbors falling in love. It was slow and the narration was cringe at the beginning, but got better as the movie progressed.

The best thing about it are the two leads, they give great performances and have good chemistry. The cinematography was beautiful. All in all a good movie.​

I'm not seasonal. I'm a fucking timeless classic.
Reactions
46,463 1,029 53
Alleybux
1620013458883.png

I have to give it 5/10.

It was a decent story about an abusive relationship, but the ghost story element did not work for me.

Also, there is something grating about watching an abusive sociopathic man get away with murdering so many people. He murdered his cousin/stole the cousins identity/murders the department chair/tries to murder the friend/then his wife. But why? I thought perhaps he had some possession (of the previous murdering husbands) and wanted to live in that house for spiritual reasons, but it seems he is just a straight up sociopath. The other murdered wives' spirits helping the protagonist sort of reminded me of 'What Lies Beneath' but not nearly as good.

Reactions
4,537 159 100
Alleybux
WITHOUT REMORSE

REMORSE ON REPEAT

PRAISE : Michael B Jordan provides plenty of presence and raw emotion in Tom Clancy's Without Remorse a story about an elite Navy SEAL Seeking justice for the murder of his pregnant wife, who uncovers a covert plot that threatens to engulf the United States and Russia in an all-out war.
Jordan gets good support from his co stars including Jamie Bell,Jodie Turner-Smith,
Guy Pearce and Lauren London.Director Stefano Sollima puts together some great action sequences and visuals.Even providing a scene thats quite haunting.Slight touches from writer help uplift the script for the film here and there.

PROBLEMS : I could see the difficulty the movie has getting past it's repetitive,one note and been there done that rhythm. Then add some predictable turns and i felt the film runs out of steam once it reaches it's last 20 minutes and it felt like something was missing and definitely more should have happen once the truth came out.

Scale of 1-10 a 7

Reactions
279 48 36
Alleybux
Draft Day. With Chadwick Boseman (aka Vontae Mac) being the number one pick in the draft for the Cleveland Browns. The real NFL Draft this year was in Cleveland and I half wish Roger Goodell paid homage to that by recognizing the coincidence in the wake of Boseman's passing.

Reactions
3,558 14 1
Alleybux
View attachment 2523020

I have to give it 5/10.

It was a decent story about an abusive relationship, but the ghost story element did not work for me.

Also, there is something grating about watching an abusive sociopathic man get away with murdering so many people. He murdered his cousin/stole the cousins identity/murders the department chair/tries to murder the friend/then his wife. But why? I thought perhaps he had some possession (of the previous murdering husbands) and wanted to live in that house for spiritual reasons, but it seems he is just a straight up sociopath. The other murdered wives' spirits helping the protagonist sort of reminded me of 'What Lies Beneath' but not nearly as good.
I just watched this too. It reminded me of a Lifetime movie with better actors. I'd give it a 6/10 because it did hold my interest (and I don't usually care for movies with a supernatural element to them). But, yeah, it could have been better.

Reactions
36,153 508 153
Alleybux
poster-780.jpg

In this one she plays one of those "my son wouldn't do that"/coddling mothers and he was obviously her favorite. I'd say she had maybe 5 or 6 scenes. He was good man on paper but,clearly wasn't in real life(also, nowhere near as handsome as MH,he was as ugly as his actions). He had a lot of people fooled. This monster was a narcissist to the max preying on insecure and vulnerable women. I wonder how many mistresses this man really had and if she was the only one he killed(she was ending their affair). Other than this woman, they show another regularly and at least 1 former mistress. They never found this woman's body. We don't get to see his relationship with the wife at all so, I don't know what their relationship was like and how much she knew about his cheating or the murder. And he really thought he'd get away with it. This movie was disturbing even without showing how she died. I felt so tense after it was over :cold_sweat:. This movie had me fucked up. The actress playing the sister tossing flowers in to the ocean for her made me cry harder.:cry

lf

For some reason, every time this movie came on, I'd always catch in the middle or towards the end. Now that I've finally watched all of it, I can say this was great. Much needed after the movie I've posted above. Anyone ever try the egg dish she makes in this movie? It looked good. I liked this scene. LMAO at the women who kept throwing their drink at him

Rest well Olympia D :rose

both are on tubi

Last edited:
Reactions
Alleybux
The Program (2015)
About Lance Armstong and US Postal, featuring Ben Foster and Jesse Plemons.

Ben Fosters preformance was underwhelming IMO, Jesse nailed the Floyd Landis part.

Decent movie, I felt it at times was a little too fast paced and could have gotten more in depth on some parts.

The Culture

Ask LSA

General Alley

Recent Posts

New Apollonia interview tonight
Apollonia wasn't her birth name. I think sometimes they thought they could just replace Vanity with Apples and no one would notice. That's like...
[NYT] Showering 1x/weekly is a pandemic habit that's here to stay because it's eco...
Um, pandemic or not, I still showered everyday because...it feels GOOD to be CLEAN. Her crotch probably smells like a china sea market.
my beauty spell backfired
Bc if you want to attract a bunch of mindless men that are easy to take financial advantage of, you need a couple of different things for that...
Chris Evans Exchange Thread Part II
UM THANK Y’ALL!! I’ll be looking at his photos like “is he getting fillers??” I personally love his distinguished wrinkles! I think ole boy looks...
UPDATE Reddit Users Are LEGALLY Gaming The Stock Market...
I have a theory, please tell me if I’m wrong experience ones. I think I kinda fucked up my doge bag. I think when u sell on RH, they sell your...
  • Poll
Meghan Markle unpopular opinions thread pt 2
Plebes, give way to the top humanitarians saving the world...
EVICTION Moratorium Is OVER on the Federal Level. Renters May Still Be Protected By State Laws.
They are making money buy sheltering their cash from capital gains taxes. They purchase the real estate (in cash of course) and sit on it while...
Lori Harvey finally doing make up Routine on Vogue y'all
Whew I would rather watch paint dry than finish that video. Boring ass girl but very pretty. If white girls can get paid for being boring and...
MsVaughntv's new vlog series "MY REAL LIFE"
I also agree that Vaughn should stop filming her marriage. It’s nothing to brag about. Just like a lot of y’all said, she does ALOT! Anthony is...
Woman Kills Her Baby Daddy, Who Kicked Down Her Door On His Way To Anger Management Class
54? To damn old to be acting like this...smdh. I just know he would've killed her. Glad she isn't being charged. Yeah I’m shook that this was a...
Top Bottom