Quantcast

What's the last movie you watched? Part II

Victoria Baker Harber

I'm not seasonal. I'm a fµck!ng timeless classic.
Reaction score
Reactions
70,614 2,255 110
Alleybux
1620013458883.png

I have to give it 5/10.

It was a decent story about an abusive relationship, but the ghost story element did not work for me.

Also, there is something grating about watching an abusive sociopathic man get away with murdering so many people. He murdered his cousin/stole the cousins identity/murders the department chair/tries to murder the friend/then his wife. But why? I thought perhaps he had some possession (of the previous murdering husbands) and wanted to live in that house for spiritual reasons, but it seems he is just a straight up sociopath. The other murdered wives' spirits helping the protagonist sort of reminded me of 'What Lies Beneath' but not nearly as good.

neo2014

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,541 860 317
Alleybux
WITHOUT REMORSE

REMORSE ON REPEAT

PRAISE : Michael B Jordan provides plenty of presence and raw emotion in Tom Clancy's Without Remorse a story about an elite Navy SEAL Seeking justice for the murder of his pregnant wife, who uncovers a covert plot that threatens to engulf the United States and Russia in an all-out war.
Jordan gets good support from his co stars including Jamie Bell,Jodie Turner-Smith,
Guy Pearce and Lauren London.Director Stefano Sollima puts together some great action sequences and visuals.Even providing a scene thats quite haunting.Slight touches from writer help uplift the script for the film here and there.

PROBLEMS : I could see the difficulty the movie has getting past it's repetitive,one note and been there done that rhythm. Then add some predictable turns and i felt the film runs out of steam once it reaches it's last 20 minutes and it felt like something was missing and definitely more should have happen once the truth came out.

Scale of 1-10 a 7

TangerYanger

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,925 540 297
Alleybux
Draft Day. With Chadwick Boseman (aka Vontae Mac) being the number one pick in the draft for the Cleveland Browns. The real NFL Draft this year was in Cleveland and I half wish Roger Goodell paid homage to that by recognizing the coincidence in the wake of Boseman's passing.

Reaction score
Reactions
6,868 110 6
Alleybux
View attachment 2523020

I have to give it 5/10.

It was a decent story about an abusive relationship, but the ghost story element did not work for me.

Also, there is something grating about watching an abusive sociopathic man get away with murdering so many people. He murdered his cousin/stole the cousins identity/murders the department chair/tries to murder the friend/then his wife. But why? I thought perhaps he had some possession (of the previous murdering husbands) and wanted to live in that house for spiritual reasons, but it seems he is just a straight up sociopath. The other murdered wives' spirits helping the protagonist sort of reminded me of 'What Lies Beneath' but not nearly as good.
I just watched this too. It reminded me of a Lifetime movie with better actors. I'd give it a 6/10 because it did hold my interest (and I don't usually care for movies with a supernatural element to them). But, yeah, it could have been better.

AhsokaTano98

Ahsoka, You Have Disappointed me 4 the Last Time
Reaction score
Reactions
25,164 643 456
Alleybux
Captain Marvel, but still can't get through it. So the last last movie was Captain America: The Winter Soldier

TheLionQueen

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
46,866 686 193
Alleybux
poster-780.jpg

In this one she plays one of those "my son wouldn't do that"/coddling mothers and he was obviously her favorite. I'd say she had maybe 5 or 6 scenes. He was good man on paper but,clearly wasn't in real life(also, nowhere near as handsome as MH,he was as ugly as his actions). He had a lot of people fooled. This monster was a narcissist to the max preying on insecure and vulnerable women. I wonder how many mistresses this man really had and if she was the only one he killed(she was ending their affair). Other than this woman, they show another regularly and at least 1 former mistress. They never found this woman's body. We don't get to see his relationship with the wife at all so, I don't know what their relationship was like and how much she knew about his cheating or the murder. And he really thought he'd get away with it. This movie was disturbing even without showing how she died. I felt so tense after it was over :cold_sweat:. This movie had me fµcked up. The actress playing the sister tossing flowers in to the ocean for her made me cry harder.:cry

lf

For some reason, every time this movie came on, I'd always catch in the middle or towards the end. Now that I've finally watched all of it, I can say this was great. Much needed after the movie I've posted above. Anyone ever try the egg dish she makes in this movie? It looked good. I liked this scene. LMAO at the women who kept throwing their drink at him

Rest well Olympia D :rose

both are on tubi

Last edited:

DCMarvelFan

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
54 1
Alleybux
The Program (2015)
About Lance Armstong and US Postal, featuring Ben Foster and Jesse Plemons.

Ben Fosters preformance was underwhelming IMO, Jesse nailed the Floyd Landis part.

Decent movie, I felt it at times was a little too fast paced and could have gotten more in depth on some parts.

NicholeRose

all sunshine and flowers :)
Reaction score
Reactions
13,235 169 28
Alleybux
ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzL2E2ZjM4MmY0LTFkNzYtNGIyMi1hZDQ3LWY0YWMwZGI4ZDc3MC5qcGc=

the-resort-2021-review.jpg

A writer and her three friends travel to a Hawaiian island to investigate reports of a haunting at an abandoned resort.

I was really excited to watch this one, the jungle setting, the abandoned hotel, perfect creepy setup for a horror movie and I was definitely creeped out, but the acting was cheesy and the ending questionable, although the twist was good. Worth a watch for me.

ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzL2IwYTgyZTVjLTllNzMtNDUxMy1iMmI2LWFhNzRmNDlkMDJhNS5qcGc=

VigilantMintyHorseshoebat.webp

Catherine Clare (Academy Award®-nominee Amanda Seyfried) reluctantly trades life in 1980s Manhattan for a remote home in the tiny hamlet of Chosen, New York, after her husband George (James Norton) lands a job teaching art history at a small Hudson Valley college. Even as she does her best to transform the old dairy farm into a place where young daughter Franny will be happy, Catherine increasingly finds herself isolated and alone. She soon comes to sense a sinister darkness lurking both in the walls of the ramshackle property-and in her marriage to George.

Overall it's a pretty good ghost story. I liked the cast and the setting was creepy. The ending though was disappointing but alright.

ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzLzhjODg1YzZmLTg3YWYtNDFhYy1iMmVmLTEwNzIxYzVhYmZmOC5qcGc=

stowaway-trailer-anna-kendrick-stars-in-netflixs-space-survi_xuj4.960.jpg

A three-person crew on a mission to Mars faces an impossible choice when an unplanned passenger jeopardizes the lives of everyone on board.

Very bleak movie, kind of slow to me. However I personally loved the ending, it left me thinking about it for a long time afterward. This space drama is worth a watch in my opinion.

Reaction score
Reactions
6,868 110 6
Alleybux
I just saw this movie called "Together Together" in the theater. Here's the synopsis: "A young loner becomes a surrogate mother for a single, middle-aged man who wants a child. Their unexpected relationship soon challenges their perceptions of connection, boundaries and the particulars of love."

It wasn't exactly a rom-com, but it was funny in parts and the characters had really great chemistry. I thought it was a sweet movie about friendship and lonely people.

neo2014

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,541 860 317
Alleybux
APE vs MONSTER

Monster Mess

PRAISE: This flick provides some great unintentional laughs. Hilarious how some of the characters were beyond uncaring about others. I stuck it out because I was waiting for a certain character to bite the dust in a big way

PROBLEMS: ULTRA bad acting coupled with terrible CGI and a plot that made no sense.Sure have a conversation in Russian with no subtitles.
Eric Robert's looks like they woke him up from a bad bender to film his scenes.
The script was structured in such a way that the crappy CGI wouldn't have to be used that much.
I could question tons of things that happen and don't happen in this flick but I know the answers to the questions are LOW BUDGET !!

Scale of 1 to 10 a 2

neo2014

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,541 860 317
Alleybux
MONSTER

What defines a person as a monster?

PRAISE: Adapted from Walter Dean Myers MONSTER is about Steve Harmon is a 17-year-old honor student whose world comes crashing down when he's charged with felony murder. He soon faces a complex legal battle that could leave him spending the rest of his life in prison.
The cast including : Kelvin Harrison Jr.,Jennifer Ehle,Tim Blake Nelson,Rakim "A$AP Rocky" Mayers,John David Washington,Jennifer Hudson andJeffrey Wright turn in strong and soulful performances. I thought the narration by the main character was a nice touch because i could feel more for the character his frustrations,fears and questioning his associations and motivations that led to him being in such a terrible situation.The court room drama portions of the film also rang true especially when even the positives in your life can be turned into negatives when you are on trial.All the way to it's final shots the film made me wonder if Steve was just a victim of bad association or was he truly involved in the crime committed.

PROBLEMS: I had slight issues with the pacing in the film.I thought the film missed an oppurtunity to flesh out the characters that were Steve's friends.Instead of focusing on their feelings on his plight we just get a couple of dwelling scenes of reflection.

Scale of 1-10 a 7½

Attachments

• Monster_poster.jpg
    Monster_poster.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 12

NicholeRose

Reaction score
Reactions
13,235 169 28
Alleybux
ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzL2QzZTBmNWYyLTQ0OTItNGE4ZS1iMGJjLTc4YzQ5OTMwMTVkMS5qcGc=

bf8a1f76d5c9e59b48da05c8aa5722e4f02dd070.gifv

Nothing in Cassie's life is what it appears to be -- she's wickedly smart, tantalizingly cunning, and she's living a secret double life by night. Now, an unexpected encounter is about to give Cassie a chance to right the wrongs from the past.

Excellent movie. Carey Mulligan's performance was amazing. I was thinking about this movie long after finishing it. The musical score was perfect. The song Angel of the Morning fit the ending so well. Left me rattled and feeling some way long after.

v1.bTsxMzY5NjA5NDtqOzE4ODMzOzEyMDA7NjE1OzkxMA

tenor.gif

The film tells the story of quick-witted teen Mark, contentedly living the same day in an endless loop whose world is turned upside-down when he meets mysterious Margaret also stuck in the time loop. Mark and Margaret form a magnetic partnership, setting out to find all the tiny things that make that one day perfect. What follows is a love story with a fantastical twist, as the two struggle to figure out how -- and whether -- to escape their never-ending day.

More of a teenage version of Groundhog Day, but overall I did enjoy this quirky love story with a fantasy twist.

wrenbaker

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,750 1,510 325
Alleybux
White Tiger on Netflix. I liked it and thought about it a lot afterwards. Especially the caste system, inequality and how the wealthy get over and treat their employees so poorly.

Reaction score
Reactions
6,868 110 6
Alleybux
I finally watched "Ma Rainey's Black Bottom" on Netflix. The acting was good, but overall I wasn't really that entertained. I never seem to enjoy plays that are turned into movies. There's something too one note about them.

TheFinalGirl

Spinster
Reaction score
Reactions
38,440 994 64
Alleybux
I saw Those Who Wish Me Dead. That title sucks and so does the kid who stars in it. Is it really that hard to cast an American to play an American? The kid's Aussie accent was poking through the whole movie.

neo2014

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,541 860 317
Alleybux
The_Woman_in_the_Window.jpg

The Woman in the Window

WINDOW WASH OUT

PRAISE: I was amazed that such a talented group of actors were in this flick about an Agoraphobic Doctor named Anna Fox who witnesses something she shouldn't while keeping tabs on the Russell family, the seemingly picture perfect clan that lives across the way.
All of the actors including : Amy Adams, Gary Oldman,Anthony Mackie
Fred Hechinger,Wyatt Russell, Brian Tyree Henry,Jennifer Jason Leigh and Julianne Moore do a fine job with the time they are given.
There are some nice visual touches and noticeable nods to Rear Window.
The film really tries to create some original moments by altering characters and narratives.There are some thrilling moments near the climax of the film but.....

PROBLEMS: Its to little to late. A lot of talent was underused. The slow pacing coupled with to many uninvolving moments that were set up like a stage play took me out of the movie. One moment in particular was to put a nice bow on everything at the end of the film but it could have been reduced to a minute.
Usually Director Joe Wright is excellent at even making the most drawn out scenes mesmerizing but not this time.
I recommend watching 1987's The Bedroom Window starring Steve Guttenberg over this movie.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 4½

NicholeRose

Reaction score
Reactions
13,235 169 28
Alleybux
ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzLzY4ZTIxOGViLTNlYjctNDg1OC1iYzNhLWNiZWU1YWU2ZmY5OC5qcGc=

44fa62c6082618aa3e497848506a9aab44273ec6.gifv

Anna Fox (Amy Adams) is an agoraphobic child psychologist who finds herself keeping tabs on the picture perfect family across the street through the windows of her New York City brownstone. Her life is turned upside down when she inadvertently witnesses a brutal crime. Based on the gripping, best-selling novel and adapted by Tracy Letts, shocking secrets are revealed and nothing and no one are what they seem in this suspenseful psychological thriller starring Amy Adams, Gary Oldman, Anthony Mackie, Fred Hechinger, Wyatt Russell, Brian Tyree Henry, Jennifer Jason Leigh, and Julianne Moore.

I was excited to see this film with an all star cast. Overall a little underwhelmed.
Movie was a bit slow and draggy at parts, but did have a few good twists and turns and was very atmospheric. I loved the way it was filmed making the house seem very creepy and cavernous. I haven't read the book yet, so going to go grab myself a copy!

Oxygen_2021_poster.jpg

Oxygen is a French survival thriller directed by Alexandre Aja. The film tells the story of a young woman (Mélanie Laurent, 6 Underground, Inglourious Basterds), who wakes up in a cryogenic pod. She doesn't remember who she is or how she ended up there. As she's running out of oxygen, she must rebuild her memory to find a way out of her nightmare.

I was pleasantly surprised with this sci/fi flick! Better than I expected! Melanie Laurent is an underrated actress, she was good in this. Great story and good twist.

Last edited:

Sackboy

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
85,026 5,324 642
Alleybux
View attachment 2559204

The Woman in the Window

WINDOW WASH OUT

PRAISE: I was amazed that such a talented group of actors were in this flick about an Agoraphobic Doctor named Anna Fox who witnesses something she shouldn't while keeping tabs on the Russell family, the seemingly picture perfect clan that lives across the way.
All of the actors including : Amy Adams, Gary Oldman,Anthony Mackie
Fred Hechinger,Wyatt Russell, Brian Tyree Henry,Jennifer Jason Leigh and Julianne Moore do a fine job with the time they are given.
There are some nice visual touches and noticeable nods to Rear Window.
The film really tries to create some original moments by altering characters and narratives.There are some thrilling moments near the climax of the film but.....

PROBLEMS: Its to little to late. A lot of talent was underused. The slow pacing coupled with to many uninvolving moments that were set up like a stage play took me out of the movie. One moment in particular was to put a nice bow on everything at the end of the film but it could have been reduced to a minute.
Usually Director Joe Wright is excellent at even making the most drawn out scenes mesmerizing but not this time.
I recommend watching 1987's The Bedroom Window starring Steve Guttenberg over this movie.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 4½

a3KWXOhIKPOhH7ZD2tJgYKn25ipkhkTgEEPy8EpNTA_E8zlvbXilaPc-MGq2b1nW5kL30ao_vwrtKpRtWe7jSy_nFtqZ2lC83ANHXBUKvr9qWbxC2221xNvg

44fa62c6082618aa3e497848506a9aab44273ec6.gifv

Anna Fox (Amy Adams) is an agoraphobic child psychologist who finds herself keeping tabs on the picture perfect family across the street through the windows of her New York City brownstone. Her life is turned upside down when she inadvertently witnesses a brutal crime. Based on the gripping, best-selling novel and adapted by Tracy Letts, shocking secrets are revealed and nothing and no one are what they seem in this suspenseful psychological thriller starring Amy Adams, Gary Oldman, Anthony Mackie, Fred Hechinger, Wyatt Russell, Brian Tyree Henry, Jennifer Jason Leigh, and Julianne Moore.

I was excited to see this film with an all star cast. Overall a little underwhelmed.
Movie was a bit slow and draggy at parts, but did have a few good twists and turns and was very atmospheric. I loved the way it was filmed making the house seem very creepy and cavernous. I haven't read the book yet, so going to go grab myself a copy!
I had never heard of this movie before but Rear Window is amazing so I may check this one out to peep the similarities.

Crown Lulu

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,911 816 420
Alleybux
The Woman in the Window...

Girl on the train/Gone girl rip off without any of the plot. I clicked on it for Amy Adams who gave a good performance but the story was stupid.

Notes:
  • Anthony Mackie is everywhere. Get them coins boo.
  • I was confused when I seen the daughter then realized Amy's character was with a brotha lol my slow ass

Pros:
  • Strong cast. Gary Oldman is amazing.
  • I like that the movie was a small set (2 houses).
  • The house was fµck!ng huge.
  • The scene with the car in the living room was artsy fartsy and I appreciated it as an art hoe.
  • The cat made me like cats (it was fluffy okay!)

Cons/Issues:
  • Amy should've minded her business.
  • The second the teen boy asked to be friends I would've told him to go download Facebook and leave me the fµck alone.
  • I'm sorry if my landlord went into my personal space without my permission I'm raising hell.
  • I dunno why the teen boy acting was weird. At first he seemed social awkward/on the spectrum then went full psycho. I get that was the twist but meh. Still didn't understand his reason for killing his bio mom.
  • Are white woman that friendly? I'm not letting a meth head into my house to drink wine and cross examine me.
  • After digging into a strangers life and starting sh!t of course ole girl came with the white woman tears. It never fails.
  • The cop saying my bad at the end. She should've told him to kiss her ass.

Final rating: 3/10

Reaction score
Reactions
6,868 110 6
Alleybux
I just watched "The Father" starring Anthony Hopkins on Amazon. I can see why he won for best actor, but this was a really depressing movie that I didn't especially enjoy.

STLBarbie314

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,249 2,666 1,177
Alleybux
Judas and the Black Messiah - it was alright; I did like Daniel Kaluuya in the role.. it was too focused on William O'Neal for me.

Hustlers - cute fun film; liked it; I don't know why Jennifer Lopez thought her role deserved an Oscar though.

neo2014

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,541 860 317
Alleybux
Army of the Dead

Zacks Zombies !!

PRAISE: The Walking Dead, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead....can Zack Snyder infuse some new blood into a decades old genre?
In this story that happens after a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, a group of mercenaries takes the ultimate gamble by venturing into the quarantine zone for the greatest heist ever.
Snyder does introduce a few new things and actually had one idea I had hoped he had done more with.
The film knows it has a blank check from Netflix and a 2 and a half hour plus running time and that's a good and bad thing. The movie does its best to develop the characters in the film with that time.
The cast including Dave Bautista,Ella Purnell,Omari Hardwick,Ana de la Reguera,Theo Rossi
Matthias Schweighöfer,Nora Arnezeder,Hiroyuki Sanada,and Tig Notarodoes are enthusiastic enough to fill the shoes of the colorful characters.
I am impressed by the some last minute CGI work that had to be inserted into the film.
There are some great kills and visuals and writer's Zack Snyder,Shay Hattenand and Joby Harold pile on perilous predicaments that are fun and involving.I was amused by the glimpses Snyder gave of how crazier the movie could have been.

PROBLEMS: It doesn't take long for the movie to go down predictable paths and create a huge plot hole by introducing a certain story thread.The film asked me to suspend disbelief several times especially for a couple of situations that happen near the end of the film.
The film runs out of steam here and there and it's as if the urgency in the plot is forgotten several times.

Scale of 1-10 a 7½

NicholeRose

Reaction score
Reactions
13,235 169 28
Alleybux
dave-bautista-army-of-the-dead.jpg

953f3e0b692855f734856b757cd9f0e262a508e6.gifv

b6abfb1aaca8f9465230f73d1c065431f8c6829a.gifv

From filmmaker Zack Snyder (300, Zack Snyder's Justice League), ARMY OF THE DEAD takes place following a zombie outbreak that has left Las Vegas in ruins and walled off from the rest of the world. When Scott Ward (Dave Bautista), a displaced Vegas local, former zombie war hero who's now flipping burgers on the outskirts of the town he now calls home, is approached by casino boss Bly Tanaka (Hiroyuki Sanada), it's with the ultimate proposition: Break into the zombie-infested quarantine zone to retrieve $200 million sitting in a vault beneath the strip before the city is nuked by the government in 32 hours.

This one took me on a ride and didn't let up til the end! lots of fun, zombies and mayhem! grab your popcorn, pull down the shades and strap yourself in for a fun time! Just a fun popcorn movie. Personally I loved it, a nice addition to the zombie genre movies.

ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzL2RhYTBjYjVjLTdjMDQtNDM5Zi05Zjk5LTgwOWYxMGQ1MGRjYy5qcGc=

Through a family and the relation between father and son, the film describes the dilemmas of the Danish population during World War II. Like the government, the farmers and the industry, the father, a successful owner of a big electronics factory, tries to make the best of the situation to keep the wheels rolling. However this leads him into a problematic collaboration with the Germans. His son, on the contrary, reacts against the increasing oppression and persecution of Jews and communists by joining the rising resistance movement.

I enjoyed this drama set in the midst of WW2. Quite a long movie, could see this as a miniseries as well.

Ebony Galore

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,084 184 51
Alleybux
Wrath of Man

Stratham can do no wrong in my book. I love his movies.

Great movie
Good action
Nice eye candy lo

The theme song throughout the film was also great!

CosmoGirl

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,661 1,360 1,024
Alleybux
This is a must watch y’all! I just watched last night and give it five stars! Excellent movie. The cinematography and score are equally amazing.

38D5DF1C-068E-4C6F-9246-5A420C277B48.jpeg