Quantcast

What's The Saddest Documentary You've Ever Seen?

cherrypop

i love hot sauce
Reaction score
Reactions
50,793 1,736 518
Alleybux
I cant remember the title, something about the lost kids of xes tourism in the phillipines. Old ugly nasty pervy white men travel abroad to thailand or the philipines, they lie and exploit poor vulnerable women. The men are only there for xes so when the women get pregnant they run back home, the documentry interviews the children from these situations

They get bullied because they are half white, their impoverished families struggle to feed an extra mouth, the children become jealous of kids with fathers. The children are crying, hoping for their fathers to enter their lives but it never happens. They did an interview with unrelated british and american men there for xes, they talked about the women like cattle. Very gross and depressing

AWinston

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
93,589 2,274 328
Alleybux
Her parents should’ve been thrown in jail...

upload_2020-12-14_5-27-9.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-12-14_5-24-26.jpeg
    upload_2020-12-14_5-24-26.jpeg
    367.4 KB · Views: 19

rivalli

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,474 98 21
Alleybux
Whores Glory, a documentary about xes tourisms and the intimate lives of prostitutes around the world. The Bengali section nearly destroyed me.

Reaction score
Reactions
333,611 6,235 5,654
Alleybux
It wasn't an official documentary (I don't think), but I remember seeing a special two years ago with Lisa Ling about child xes trafficking. That special gutted me. I had accidentally come across it and started watching and by the end I was in tears. I remember there was a part where she and the crew goes to the downtown streets of D.C., just a few blocks away from the White House....and there were girls being trafficked. I couldn't believe it. One of the girls got in a car and the man drove away. I don't think they ever found that girl. :(

I knew about child xes trafficking, but I guess I was ignorant as to how rampant and out in the open it really is. I wish I remembered the name of the special.

Sojourner Truth

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
251,706 6,262 4,396
Alleybux
I saw that one. Some people on reddit theorized she mighta had auto-brewery syndrome.

I looked it up and it seems unlikely given how incredibly rare it is and she never showed any signs or symptoms of it prior. From the autopsy she had an incredible amount of THC in her system as well as alcohol. But even with that she seemed like a type a personality who needed to be in control at all times. I just couldn’t wrap my head around her deciding to drink and smoke weed knowing she had to drive all the kiddos. Did she had a mental break? That’s why this documentary has stuck with me.

Last edited:

definitely

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,323 168 297
Alleybux
I looked it up and it seems unlikely given how incredibly rare it is and she never showed any signs or symptoms of it prior. From the autopsy she had an incredible amount of THC in her system as well as alcohol. But even with that she seemed like a type a personality who needed to be in control at all times. I just couldn’t wrap my head around her deciding to drink and smoke weed knowing she had to drive all the kiddos. Did she had a mental break? That’s why this documentary has stuck with me.
Yeah true, she didn’t show any signs of it as far as I know. But the onset is thought to be caused by habits/things you do and it’s through to be a fungal infection, so she wouldn’t show those symptoms her whole life, it’d be a temporary thing that she’d suddenly acquired. From Wikipedia:

Researchers speculate the underlying causes of ABS are related to prolonged antibiotic use,[5] poor nutrition and/or diets high in carbohydrates,[6] and to pre-existing conditions such as diabetes and genetic variations that result in improper liver enzyme activity.[7] In the latter case, decreased activity of aldehyde dehydrogenase can result in accumulation of ethanol in the gut, leading to fermentation.[7] Any of these conditions, alone or in combination, could cause ABS, and result in dysbiosis of the microbiome.[5]

Or maybe you’re right, she had a mental break. I suppose we’ll never know.

Teaswood

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,502 1,121 409
Alleybux
I remember watching Dear Zachary for the first time and that sh!t made me cry waterfalls.
Boy Interrupted, Lalee’s Kin, Paradise Lost, Four Little Girls, When The Levees Broke, Basketball Diaries (documentary not the movie)

gama

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
35,466 1,747 1,101
Alleybux
America’s War on Drugs Season 1

Not the saddest but it is sad how the government created this Drug madness.

There is no way out of this.

Even when you have the protected Sac.k. ler family that created the Opioid epidemic.

LavenderLush

Anti-Captalism Marxist-Leninist- Activist
Reaction score
Reactions
12,798 255 222
Alleybux
Thomas Sankra , The Upright Man...!!! , The Imperialist's are SO FOUL AF

Imanikami

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
546 10 2
Alleybux
Whores Glory, a documentary about xes tourisms and the intimate lives of prostitutes around the world. The Bengali section nearly destroyed me.

I was coming here to mention this movie too. It was so many Bengali girls in that building! Seeing them fighting for customers and hearing their dreams. I also hated how the men were justifying that place. It was so sad.

Imanikami

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
546 10 2
Alleybux
Very Young Girls is another documentary that stayed with me. Those girls didn’t have much support. And even towards the end when they showed how badly beaten that one girl was. She woke up beaten and abandoned in a stripped car after a group of guys ——- her.

Also Unseen - it was a documentary about a serial killer who killed a lot of black prostitutes. The women who were able to escape, no one took them serious when they called the police.

https://youtu.be/nGX5KHYzWqk

3801 Lancaster was wayy to much too. The fact that a doctor aborted babies that were alive and either cut their spine or put them in his freezer was so sad.

I’ve seen so many sad documentaries but these are the ones I instantly remember.

belakuna

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I remember watching Dear Zachary for the first time and that sh!t made me cry waterfalls.

OMG, I can't even write the name of the documentary without my heart dropping. SMH. Oh! And The Trials of Gabrielle Fernandez. Ugh. Beyond Heartbreaking.

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,732 4,424 906
Alleybux
Has to be "The Bridge" it was horrifying to see people killing themselves and it felt like a violation of their dignity(because they did not know they were being filmed in their last moments).

Others that were also heartbreaking were: Audrie & Daisy, The Hunting Ground, The Invisible War, Earthlings, When Good Men Do Nothing, Very Young Girls, Dark Days, The Devil Came On Horseback, Shoah, The Cove, Miss Sharon Jones!

Last edited:

sylinn

11:11.
Reaction score
Reactions
5,826 244 46
Alleybux
It wasn't an official documentary (I don't think), but I remember seeing a special two years ago with Lisa Ling about child xes trafficking. That special gutted me. I had accidentally come across it and started watching and by the end I was in tears. I remember there was a part where she and the crew goes to the downtown streets of D.C., just a few blocks away from the White House....and there were girls being trafficked. I couldn't believe it. One of the girls got in a car and the man drove away. I don't think they ever found that girl. :(

I knew about child xes trafficking, but I guess I was ignorant as to how rampant and out in the open it really is. I wish I remembered the name of the special.

LavenderLush

Anti-Captalism Marxist-Leninist- Activist
Reaction score
Reactions
12,798 255 222
Alleybux
I saw a documantary about the Bhopal disaster on the show, Seconds From Disaster...!!! , It highlights the problem with the EVIL Capitaist Pigs & Capitalism, / How it puts profits of human lives & the poor and working class suffer because of it... SUPER DUPER SAD AF 100%, PERIODDD

Clara Barton

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
182,178 10,698 4,211
Alleybux
I watched one about Bacha boys...

I watched another about boys in the Ukraine or Russia.

The boys were sharing their knowledge on HIV. Though this we find out they’re all prostituting themselves.

Most died because of HIV before the end of the film.

You fall in love with one of the boys tough exterior. He said he figured he knew the main spreader of the disease and that boys die a painful death within a year.

One of the other boys said that was the last person he saw the strong will boy with.

He was so tired towards the end and always hungry.

I saw them both on YouTube.

Airhead

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
92 2 1
Alleybux
So I haven’t read the previous pages, I apologize. So I’m not sure if movies suggested need to be exclusively documentary style or movie style is ok. Either way this movie is based on the life of 16 yr old Sylvia Likens and it is BEYOND sad, upsetting, and disturbing. It is available with ads on YouTube. Poor poor girl and her sister but she suffered the worst abuse. I could not believe that humans and other children were capable of such! I mean I could but I couldn’t it’s just so sad. I went down a rabbit hole looking into her story after watching this movie and felt just such extreme sadness for her.

Airhead

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
92 2 1
Alleybux
guys I’m sorry, I got caught up and didn’t even name the film .. apologies. It’s called “An American Crime” on YouTube.

Nikkinonka

Sweet Like Willy Wonka
Reaction score
Reactions
80,505 2,951 383
Alleybux

E¥e$ of the D3ViL
Had me sick to my stomach. It’s about a pregnant woman who wants to sell her child to traffickers (xes, organs, brothels) and the trafficker who spills at the tea. If you for some reason never thought this stuff was real believe it now. I watched it earlier today but I’ll try to provide cliffs it really fµcked me up.
- In B3rlin, German¥ there’s about 4 child brothels more throughout 3Ur0pe
- the children are on cocaine and similar drugs and have xes with the trafficker once a week
- the traffickers take mothers out to party and ask about their child/ren. He watches to see if she checks on her child/ren
-ages 3-14 after 14 too old
-children kill themselves during r@pe because of the mental torment
- children are murdered after they’re used up for xes their organs sold
-hotels have sterile rooms to harvest organs (reminds me of the kenneka Jenkins organ theory)

Coco K. Flo

Being nosy, thanks.
Reaction score
Reactions
85,616 1,066 238
Alleybux
I’m watching “Still Missing Morgan” on Hulu and this is heartbreaking. Pretty haunting to hear parents explain their experience with their child being kidnapped.

MissDemeanor

“A dog that’ll bring a bone, will take one back!”
Reaction score
Reactions
1,376 90 30
Alleybux
As a Mother, Social worker it was “The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez” for me. That story still haunts me daily.

urhopesanddreams

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
23,083 693 140
Alleybux
I watched one about Bacha boys...

I watched another about boys in the Ukraine or Russia.

The boys were sharing their knowledge on HIV. Though this we find out they’re all prostituting themselves.

Most died because of HIV before the end of the film.

You fall in love with one of the boys tough exterior. He said he figured he knew the main spreader of the disease and that boys die a painful death within a year.

One of the other boys said that was the last person he saw the strong will boy with.

He was so tired towards the end and always hungry.

I saw them both on YouTube.
What was the name of documentary?

It’s so sad. That’s why I side these celebs “vacationing” in these foreign countries

artsygirl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,047 620 1,101
Alleybux
The most saddest I watched is the Gabriel Fernandez Story about this sweetest little boy who lived with hsi toxic family. They abused the heck out of him. He loved school so much thru it all he used to bring little gifts to his teacher. She tried to help him after she noticed his behavior but the system failed him miserable. I still get choked about him after they found him dead. The child protection service officers all were charged and convicted I believe the supervisor didn't get charged...its been a while but I can never watch that movie again without tearing up. That baby was an angel so caring about others.

Cheal

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,607 472 68
Alleybux
Four Little Girls was gut wrenching because decades later the pain was still palpable. That senseless murderous act violated so much that was innocent and pure. It showed the desecration of our most sacred spaces. Spike Lee memorialized 4 children whose murder exposed the craven senselessness of racism.

Incokneegrow

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic;
Reaction score
Reactions
525,852 16,847 5,593
Alleybux
i just watched dear zachary based on this thread and just wow. i almost quit halfway through. it was sweet and so heartwarming and the way it ended was just wow. so incredibly dark. i cant. infuriating. oh man. poor zachary. his parents were so loving. the judicial system failed them

ManolosAndManicures

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,207 1,420 268
Alleybux
Four Little Girls was gut wrenching because decades later the pain was still palpable. That senseless murderous act violated so much that was innocent and pure. It showed the desecration of our most sacred spaces. Spike Lee memorialized 4 children whose murder exposed the craven senselessness of racism.

I couldn’t make it very far with that one. Pure hatred against the absolutely innocent.