Quantcast

Whats your opinion of the MensLib movement?

OmegaCyrus

"My Lady Ordered Red Sauce"
Reaction score
Reactions
2,384 112 280
Alleybux
Just wondering what you guys think about the Mens liberation movement gaining traction around the progressive parts of the male sphere? Menslib are essentially a bunch of men who want to use to the tools of feminism to liberate men from strict gender roles and expectations, and solve problematic male behaviours that hurts both women and men.

They promote positive and diverse strands of masculinity over toxic masculinity. They differentiate themselves from right leaning Mens rights movement by their affiliation with the feminist and egalitarian movements.

Last edited:

CountingStars

Being Mad Because You’re a Gangstalker is Weird
Reaction score
Reactions
65,516 2,461 2,096
Alleybux
I haven't seen truly progressive men promote it, only aggressive butthurt ones and self promoting activist types. It's a part of why gender studies (aka men's studies) has wholesale taken over feminism and women's studies. It's the reason why "feminism is for everybody," :rolleyes: and gets pushed around by TRAs, with love & blessings from MRAs and brogressives. It's why we have asshole male feminists talking over and shouting down women. It's why misogyny, sexism, abuse, and inceldom are tacitly approved (only towards the "bad," and "deserving," women of course :rolleyes:). It's why we're now told to shove social repulsion to pedos and the like up our asses and be kind. It's why we're rehabbing rapists and severe criminals by moving them to female prisons. It's why males are winning lit awards as a "female" voice, understanding, and experience (as if men didn't write as women for a millennia :rolleyes: and this sh!t is innovative/brave and exciting).

Were men shat on for a long time and labeled as having toxic masculinity? Yes. Are they hurt by the patriarchy? Yes. Do other men dominate and force them into rigid boxes of masculinity? Yes. Do men have feelings other than aggression and anger? Yes. Are there and can there be good men? Yes.

Does this ideological gender assault on feminism, in their name and spirit, benefit women? No. It's a swamp where only the most pushy, loud, underhanded, and self-serving women thrive.

Last edited:

Loxkt

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
42,729 4,186 124
Alleybux
I wonder why they call themselves MRAs/men’s lib when they could simply call themselves liberal feminists. Same sh!t, different day but one gets your brownie points.

Jokes aside, I have only seen a couple who advocate for destigmatizing mental health diagnoses for males, setting up male specific hotlines/support groups to deal with the high numbers of male suicides or creating successful charities to help male victims of domestic violence.

CountingStars

Being Mad Because You’re a Gangstalker is Weird
Reaction score
Reactions
65,516 2,461 2,096
Alleybux
I wonder why they call themselves MRAs/men’s lib when they could simply call themselves liberal feminists. Same sh!t, different day but one gets your brownie points.

Jokes aside, I have only seen a couple who advocate for destigmatizing mental health diagnoses for males, setting up male specific hotlines/support groups to deal with the high numbers of male suicides or creating successful charities to help male victims of domestic violence.

Theyre too busy trying to frame women as rapists, "jUsT aS bAD," and "wE'rE EqUaL NoW sO TaKe tHiS PuNcH."

So many of them think it's payback for feminism too. :rolleyes:

Isis Diamond

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
66,564 2,782 2,581
Alleybux
It's not genuine. It's just an angry reactionary movement aimed at attacking feminism and women.

It's not actually interested in proving circumstances for men.

inasundress

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
155,816 6,801 5,311
Alleybux
It shouldn't be gaining traction with any progressive circles. It's a known right wing sphere with regressive values. "Men's liberation" is not the accurate term for what you're describing. "Men's liberation" or "Men's Rights" movements are very clearly defined as being conservative in ideology.

SendAnOracle

I deserved better
Reaction score
Reactions
14,544 966 531
Alleybux
MRA are trash, their only purpose is to be misogynists which is why they're also misandrists. Men's lib seems different although they still have that whiny tinge to them. So long as they leave women alone I don't mind them. The movement seems to have gotten overrun by transguys who'd never be accepted by MRAs, its easy to tell because they push these feminine ideals like makeup and dresses which is fine in theory but most straight men aren't interested. The difference is they're more quiet about being trans and don't try to centre themselves.

I've noticed overall that most Men's lib men are LGBT or effeminate straight males actually, I think this is the contributing factor behind the big split from MRAs and why the latter will probably win in the end like Lib feminism and Rad feminism in the 70s. MRAs will probably win over Men's lib because its not relatable to the average man just like Rad feminism wasn't relatable to the average woman. There's a lot of parallels between Men's lib vs MRAs and Libfem vs Radfem.

With Men's lib and Radfem their primary objectives is to destroy gender and tear down the system, most of their members are gay, bi or gender non-comforming so gender roles affect them more negatively. With MRAs and Libfems its more the opposite, most MRAs are straight and masculine and the opposite is mostly true for Libfems, they enjoy gender roles they just want to rid the negative sides of it, which is in direct conflict because one gender will have to get the short end of the stick to keep the advantages of the other. Its not completely mirror image, MRAs want to bring back the patriarchy fully and so do Libfems in some forms, Libfems and Men's libs share some aspects together like inclusiveness and trans ideology since men's lib comes from Libfem. There's parallels with MRAs and Radfems, which is understandable because both promote "masculine ideals". MRAs don't care about misogyny one bit and are happy about it, Radfems can be somewhat sympathetic to male issues but in the end its not their problem.

This was long winded and unnecessary lmao

Last edited: