when a person tell you "I'm a christian"

Team Owner
Reactions
188,483 2,063 886
Alleybux
what does it mean to you? do you take it seriously?

They usually get this

tumblr_m2xcasASj31rt3mj5o1_400.gif

I've come to notice that the ones who say this the most are the most un-christian like.

Muse
Reactions
38,894 1,436 1,284
Alleybux
Yes it means something to me. It means that this is their belief and I file that away with the rest of the information I know about the person such as their orientation, nationality, interest, political views. All these things make up the person as we know them.

Team Owner
Reactions
151,395 2,796 3,121
Alleybux
the only thing it means to me is that they believe that a God exists. but really, when people are Christians, you will be able to tell without them saying so.

and besides, when people say that they're Christians, it makes people examine their lives and actions more closely because they are looking for "christian behavior." it's not a wise thing to do, because when you make very human mistakes, people tear you apart more quickly than a person who didn't profess being one in the first place.

General Manager
Reactions
4,331 1
Alleybux
Usually I have found it to be that when people say this, they JUST go to church on sundays, thinking that is what qualifies them as a christian. NO MA'AM. To be a true christian is to be a follower of Christ, strive to live holy EVERYDAY, and continually obey God and the bible. With that said, I USED to be like this but have changed unfortuantely and do not call myself a christian b/c I'm def. not living like it right now so why lie to mself and others?

Taurus Nation
Reactions
57,389 1,023 675
Alleybux
I say, "For real? My cousin Taye, you know the black sheep, said she saw you getting your twerk on at the Hot Spot last night. Said you were practically fornicating on the floor!"

I'm joking. I say, "Praise." Time reveals all.

General Manager
Reactions
4,331 1
Alleybux
IA with chocolatey, you can tell a real christian by their actions and lives. Something about them will stand out

Team Owner
Reactions
67,351 2,601 1,703
Alleybux
It doesn't mean shit. I say that as someone baptized Roman Catholic and Baptist, and long affiliated with various churches of different Christian denominations.

A person could be a 'Christian', could be a well known 'good person', be good to other people and everyone else, for that matter.

But what matters to me is how they are with me - their actions towards me.

Being a Christian doesn't necessarily make one a 'good person', by default, nor does it automatically make one morally supreme. Good people practice all faiths, some are even agnostic and atheist.

I've learned that if someone is pushing the idea that they are a Christian, off bat, you really need take a few steps away from them, let them be distant and just listen to and observe them.

Young, Black, & Eccentric
Reactions
56,916 5,009 5,700
Alleybux
I'm able to tell when a person is a christian. They just have a different vibe about them. I can tell when someone is holy and dedicated with the church. I can tell saints from sinners.

Loved by Him
Reactions
38,289 34 9
Alleybux
They usually get this

tumblr_m2xcasASj31rt3mj5o1_400.gif

I've come to notice that the ones who say this the most are the most un-christian like.

I'm going to have time agree and I'm a Christian myself. LOL. I've had so many bad experience with my last job when the customer said, "I'm a Christian" or "I'm a child of God". You don't have to tell me. You can show me better than you can tell me by how you act.

Love your enemies
Reactions
74,807 26 24
Alleybux
But what does it mean about them announcing it like that??

Lots of people are Christian and live their lives accordingly, but do not go around announcing it unless they are asked directly.

So what does it say about the person who announces it without being probed. The meaning behind it so to say.

My only guess is that they want people to make certain (positive) assumptions about them, based on that information.

Reactions
Alleybux
Just saying the words doesn't mean a person is a Christian. You should demonstrate who you are by how you behave, not what you say.

One of my favorite sayings: preach the Gospel every day. And if necessary, use words.

General Manager
Reactions
4,331 1
Alleybux
@crimson, if you spend enough time around them or even their reactions to a certain situation are tell-tale signs and even turning down sinful acitivities. Fb pages are good indicators to, this true christian may NEVER quote scriptures on their page but certain statuses may heavily imply that they are practicing christians for real. It's kinda hard to explain further than this....

General Manager
Reactions
Alleybux
You can tell people who are true Christians... They don't have to say nothing... It's in their lifestyle.... But the church n!ggas... They have to.broadcast....

stardust
Reactions
23,820 131 73
Alleybux
You can tell people who are true Christians... They don't have to say nothing... It's in their lifestyle.

their reactions to a certain situation are tell-tale signs

What is it about their lifestyle? What are these tell-tale signs? Why all the secrecy? Is it a secret handshake or something? :)

(Of course not the obvious like quoting scripture, wearing a crucifix, bumper sticker or tattoo -- unless that's what y'all meant, which seems unlikely.)

Team Owner
Reactions
29,285 641 87
Alleybux
Nope, I don't take them seriously.

If one is truly anointed, you don't have to broadcast it like it's a badge of honor. It will show through your everyday actions and the way you conduct yourself. The so-called Christians I know are the main ones who gossip, lie on others, steal, etc.

Empress of the Swells
Reactions
10,651 6 8
Alleybux
I think they have something to prove...... or hide behind. Most good Christians are easily identified by the way they behave on a daily when no one is watching.
I love quiet Christians. Love them because the light of Jesus shines in and around them. I don't really give breath to words for boasters.

Starter
Reactions
Alleybux
Why is a good person automatically being associated with being a christian, and not just a good person?

Religious people don't have a monopoly on benevolence.

The Culture

Celebrity News

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

RHOA Porsha's relationship timeline
Porsha better ask Andy for a damn raise with the way people are all up on her big booty.
NBA Youngboy & his Harem
YB’s nudes or sex tape clip has never leaked? I gotta see what he’s doing to women atp
Joe Budden: I'll Name This Podcast Later
Someone said he’s not making sense and he called them stupid
A 10-year-old Palestinian girl breaks down while talking to MEE
Kid is completely broken...what will he become if he makes it to adulthood...and then people will judge him totally without taking his trauma into...
Most of Cardi B's number 1 were sleeper number 1s
Ma’am I think calling something a sleeper and a number 1 is contradictory. A song at the top of the charts isn’t a sleeper. A sleeper is a song...
How are we feeling currently?
Depression has been kicking my ass this past week. I’m trying to keep it together but it seems like every time I get over a mountain, I’ve got a...
Top Bottom