when a person tell you "I'm a christian"

Reactions
452 1
Alleybux
It means a few things depending on the person. It means that this person is fake and they are trying to say they are christian but truly they are not because they are announcing it. Or they are someone who were never properly taught to let their Christianity be shown through their actions and not words.

Reactions
151,191 2,786 3,113
Alleybux

the Bible says the followers of Christ are "set apart," which means that they are different. when someone is a follower and possesses the Holy Spirit, there's an aura about them that's powerful and doesn't necessitate words, because you know that it's God(ly).

in addition, they will behave differently. they actually try to live like Christ would have them do so, and without all the judgment on people who don't or aren't there yet. now, this is not to say that they don't sin or struggle with something, because they do, but it's just to say you will be able to tell a difference.

likkle but mi tallawah #jamaican-babylucian
Reactions
52,408 1,316 853
Alleybux
It depends on the person. I try my best not to form an opinion. Specially since those in my experience who are, don't tend to say they are, you kinda just know.
It's more a question of 'are you saved?'

Reactions
151,191 2,786 3,113
Alleybux
I'm sorry to keep repeating myself, but how do they behave differently? This vibe, this aura, how would you describe it?

This is all so vague. Maybe examples?

i can't describe it to you because it's really indescribable. you will know it when you come into contact with it.

for instance, haven't you seen people on America's Most Wanted who are speaking about some of the criminals, and they say something like "I felt that he was pure evil," or "there was just something about her that wasn't right, as if it was coming from a dark place." it's like that, except that in the case of Christians, it's Godly, and it puts you at ease.

i really hope that you meet a real Christian one day soon, and then, you'll get what i'm trying to say.

Howling @ these crazy ghouls
Reactions
121,447 3,483 2,908
Alleybux
Well they must have told me because I asked cuz most Christians don't just walk up and say hi I'm a Christian

I believe that they are people trying to have faith trying to live by HIS word
Far from perfect and like everyone else can teach me something new
I don't expect them to be perfect or never make mistakes or prove thier faith to me because that's between them and God
I expect them to treat me with the same respect I give them

stardust
Reactions
23,820 131 72
Alleybux
...you kinda just know...

It's one of those things that you just know it when you see it.

?!

i can't describe it to you because it's really indescribable. you will know it when you come into contact with it.... it puts you at ease.

i really hope that you meet a real Christian one day soon, and then, you'll get what i'm trying to say.

My family is Christian, I attended 17 years of Christian school, including college, and over my several decades of life, 75% of the Americans who surround me are Christian.

Yet you're sure I still haven't met a real one?

I've known countless people of many faiths and secular philosophies, many wonderful people who put me at ease, some not so wonderful, some evil. I work closely with people in a field that separates good people from bad pretty quickly. I've volunteered extensively. And I haven't found any significant patterns with behavior, personality, or glow/vibe/aura.

How do you describe these tell-tale signs to a child? Surely with them y'all use clearer language they can understand and give them examples?

Reactions
151,191 2,786 3,113
Alleybux
My family is Christian, I attended 17 years of Christian school, including college, and over my several decades of life, 75% of the Americans who surround me are Christian.

I've known countless people of many faiths and secular philosophies, many wonderful people who put me at ease, some not so wonderful, some evil, and I haven't found any significant patterns with behavior, personality, or glow/vibe/aura. I work closely with people in a field that separates good people from bad pretty quickly, and have volunteered extensively.

How do you describe these tell-tale signs to a child? Surely with them you use clearer language they can understand and give them concrete examples?

i don't care about your or your family's background. all of the churches and christian schools in the world you're affiliated with but yet, you don't understand what's being said to you. obviously you haven't met one because you're steadily asking ridiculous questions and going around in a circle. so you know what, figure it out yourself. this isn't Dr. Phil, and i'm not going to continue to waste my time.

stardust
Reactions
23,820 131 72
Alleybux
I'm being sincere and polite, and getting stonewalled, groaned, insults and rudeness in return.

If this is what y'all mean by "shining" you can have it.

Reactions
2,595 72 22
Alleybux
there is a difference between being christian and being saved. when someone tells me they are christian I know that they believe in Jesus Christ. When they say that they are saved I know that they are washed in the blood. I'm not a christian, I am a sinner saved by grace cause Lord knows I need help.

oh and you can tell a saved person by the way they carry themselves, their demeaner and their attitude.

Young, Black, & Eccentric
Reactions
56,756 4,950 5,554
Alleybux
?!

How do you describe these tell-tale signs to a child? Surely with them y'all use clearer language they can understand and give them examples?
Strange you say you are surrounded by Christians but don't know one when you see one? Even as a child I knew. I knew who were Christians. They were just different. Basically I know who has a godly spirit about them.

Story- My grandfather is a Pastor, but he still had to work another job. Totally strangers would come in his company, say hey, make small talk without even mentioning God or religion and they left the conversation knowing he was a man of God. They didn't know what religion but they knew something was different about him. They knew a godly spirit. His vibe, etc.

Reactions
2,612 1 1
Alleybux
To me, it means that they are self-serving, self-righteous, and that they expect special treatment. It also means that I need to check my pockets to make sure that my money hasn't been stolen.

Reactions
56,756 4,950 5,554
Alleybux
To me, it means that they are self-serving, self-righteous, and that they expect special treatment. It also means that I need to check my pockets to make sure that my money hasn't been stolen.
No it doesn't. Christians expect to be treated who you would like to be treated. I just know a godly spirit when I see one.

Reactions
56,756 4,950 5,554
Alleybux
So Gandhi would have no glow?

But all of you do?

smdh
How would I know, Gandhi is dead. I don't even know if he was a Christian, don't think he was. I would never say Gandhi wasn't a good person or he didn't do great things. You asked about Christians. How can you tell if someone is a Christian. He was one of my heroes until I read how he didn't like black people.

Reactions
23,744 497 115
Alleybux
From my experience, whenever someone says I am christian, they usually are trying to justify some non-christian act they did or about to do.

Empress of the Swells
Reactions
10,651 6 8
Alleybux
?!

I've known countless people of many faiths and secular philosophies, many wonderful people who put me at ease, some not so wonderful, some evil. I work closely with people in a field that separates good people from bad pretty quickly. I've volunteered extensively. And I haven't found any significant patterns with behavior, personality, or glow/vibe/aura.

I will try and express something here. I would not consider myself a GOOD Christian. I am a very moral person who makes the right and correct choices for myself. I don't do drugs. But I drink, i I'm not mean spirited .....I am kind or sweet hearted to a fault but, I curse like a woman with no home training { really horribly and I have had bouts when I clean up my offensive verbiage}.
I do not attend church. I have a strong distrust of verbal Christians. I my IQ is fine so If I need edification I don't seek out a community of believers.. I think I'm much brighter than most.....not a good trait you see.

While working one late afternoon early evening I began a normal enough conversation with a patient. I don't remember the conversation just the feeling. We were sailing along with our pleasantries then....
I think she had said something to the affect of how Jesus was working in her life.
Somehow we were holding hands and she was praying and Thanking God and some small tears had fallen from my eyes. She said you feel the same way I do... when the Holy Spirit comes over you . My tears were tears of joy. Completeness. Peace. I have met many Christians as you have. Most have been very good people. I have only had this experience with one other Christian.
No, it didn't feel the same as being overcome by the Spirit at church. Done that. It was nice. Not the same. This was on a whole other level.

Reactions
Alleybux
i don't care about your or your family's background. all of the churches and christian schools in the world you're affiliated with but yet, you don't understand what's being said to you. obviously you haven't met one because you're steadily asking ridiculous questions and going around in a circle. so you know what, figure it out yourself. this isn't Dr. Phil, and i'm not going to continue to waste my time.

That's unfair. No question is ridiculous, and what she's writing is legitimate. The fact that you don't see why she doesn't understand your point of view doesn't make her ridiculous, and the crack about Dr Phil was unnecessary.

I'll attempt to answer: those who claim to be Christians should be known by their behavior. They don't gossip about other church members, they don't complain about the stewardship committee requesting a yearly pledge, they don't cheat on their taxes or constantly break traffic laws and justify it by saying, 'everyone else does it'.

More to the point, you'll find that people of faith aren't negative. The light that shines, which was mentioned by chocolatey, is because they have a sense of purpose about their existence that many who have no faith (Christian or otherwise) seem to lack. Believing in a higher power, especially one that made you specifically and loves you, is an enormous influence on any individual and is easily measurable.

ooo

Reactions
8,260 184 193
Alleybux
god-warrior-o.gif

Reactions
54,738 863 360
Alleybux
A "real" Christian person makes you feel happy in their presence. They just have this warm and positive energy that just envelopes you too and makes you feel good. It draws you to them and makes you want to have them in your life in some way, hoping that some of that goodness inside of them will make you a better person, too. I have met plenty of nice, kind people in my life but being around someone who is truly "saved and sanctified" is a different experience. I guess if I had to chose one word to describe the vibe true Christians give off, I would say it was comforting.

General Alley

Recent Posts

Data Show Majority of Trump’s 2020 Support Came From Women and POC
Washington Examiner is a right wing rag. Do not trust any voter dater that doesn't come from Pew's validated voter data sets, which have not been...
Boyfriend talking about me to his toddler daughter, in front of me. Why?
They’re going to make you insane and blame you. He’s manipulating you using the kid. If you don’t have kids you don’t have to put up with this...
Gabi and Dani Thread
I think she has some very loyal fans, but many are ready to drag ha ass. I don’t know why anyone surprise that these girls can’t follow through...
Elton John appreciation thread (1970-1975) prime era.
Elton John and his partnership with Bernie were definitely a force!
Zimbabwean father, 66, with 16 wives and 151 children has a strict four-times-a-night sex...
Fun little tidbit. In some subsections of this sect, the "prophet" in charge names all newborns, "spiritual names" with meanings he gives them. I...
Racist Customer Dies After Being Punched By Worker Who Was Called The N-word
It’s what he deserved. Should have taken his old ass somewhere else’s if he didn’t like the service he was receiving.
Let's talk about Little Mix.
The media just love to discredit the girls all the time. Saying they are first gg to win award is now political issue LOL How dare women with...
Joe Budden: I'll Name This Podcast Later
Joe swears he's Jay... but he's about to find out how much of a Dame he actually is.. This is about to get really really fun to watch!
Buckingham Swirl: The Prince Charles (and Family) Appreciation Thread
Off topic: I told you about Lady Victoria Hervey yesterday. She had a threesome with Mel B and her ex husband. :sick: I think she is jealous of...
Top Bottom