Quantcast

when a person tell you "I'm a christian"

prettywingz

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,469 158 35
Alleybux
there is a difference between being christian and being saved. when someone tells me they are christian I know that they believe in Jesus Christ. When they say that they are saved I know that they are washed in the blood. I'm not a christian, I am a sinner saved by grace cause Lord knows I need help.

oh and you can tell a saved person by the way they carry themselves, their demeaner and their attitude.

Fappable

Young, Black, & Eccentric
Reaction score
Reactions
86,630 12,683 10,997
Alleybux
?!

How do you describe these tell-tale signs to a child? Surely with them y'all use clearer language they can understand and give them examples?
Strange you say you are surrounded by Christians but don't know one when you see one? Even as a child I knew. I knew who were Christians. They were just different. Basically I know who has a godly spirit about them.

Story- My grandfather is a Pastor, but he still had to work another job. Totally strangers would come in his company, say hey, make small talk without even mentioning God or religion and they left the conversation knowing he was a man of God. They didn't know what religion but they knew something was different about him. They knew a godly spirit. His vibe, etc.

Ansatsuken

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,617 2 1
Alleybux
To me, it means that they are self-serving, self-righteous, and that they expect special treatment. It also means that I need to check my pockets to make sure that my money hasn't been stolen.

Fappable

Reaction score
Reactions
86,630 12,683 10,997
Alleybux
To me, it means that they are self-serving, self-righteous, and that they expect special treatment. It also means that I need to check my pockets to make sure that my money hasn't been stolen.
No it doesn't. Christians expect to be treated who you would like to be treated. I just know a godly spirit when I see one.

Fappable

Reaction score
Reactions
86,630 12,683 10,997
Alleybux
So Gandhi would have no glow?

But all of you do?

smdh
How would I know, Gandhi is dead. I don't even know if he was a Christian, don't think he was. I would never say Gandhi wasn't a good person or he didn't do great things. You asked about Christians. How can you tell if someone is a Christian. He was one of my heroes until I read how he didn't like black people.

Creme Si Bon

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,563 2,380 401
Alleybux
From my experience, whenever someone says I am christian, they usually are trying to justify some non-christian act they did or about to do.

IAmTazzie

Empress of the Swells
Reaction score
Reactions
10,671 6 9
Alleybux
?!

My family is Christian, I attended 17 years of Christian school, including college, and over my several decades of life, 75% of the Americans who surround me are Christian.

Yet you're sure I still haven't met a real one?

I've known countless people of many faiths and secular philosophies, many wonderful people who put me at ease, some not so wonderful, some evil. I work closely with people in a field that separates good people from bad pretty quickly. I've volunteered extensively. And I haven't found any significant patterns with behavior, personality, or glow/vibe/aura.

How do you describe these tell-tale signs to a child? Surely with them y'all use clearer language they can understand and give them examples?

I will try and express something here. I would not consider myself a GOOD Christian. I am a very moral person who makes the right and correct choices for myself. I don't do drugs. But I drink, i I'm not mean spirited .....I am kind or sweet hearted to a fault but, I curse like a woman with no home training { really horribly and I have had bouts when I clean up my offensive verbiage}.
I do not attend church. I have a strong distrust of verbal Christians. I my IQ is fine so If I need edification I don't seek out a community of believers.. I think I'm much brighter than most.....not a good trait you see.

While working one late afternoon early evening I began a normal enough conversation with a patient. I don't remember the conversation just the feeling. We were sailing along with our pleasantries then....
I think she had said something to the affect of how Jesus was working in her life.
Somehow we were holding hands and she was praying and Thanking God and some small tears had fallen from my eyes. She said you feel the same way I do... when the Holy Spirit comes over you . My tears were tears of joy. Completeness. Peace. I have met many Christians as you have. Most have been very good people. I have only had this experience with one other Christian.
No, it didn't feel the same as being overcome by the Spirit at church. Done that. It was nice. Not the same. This was on a whole other level.

Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
i don't care about your or your family's background. all of the churches and christian schools in the world you're affiliated with but yet, you don't understand what's being said to you. obviously you haven't met one because you're steadily asking ridiculous questions and going around in a circle. so you know what, figure it out yourself. this isn't Dr. Phil, and i'm not going to continue to waste my time.

That's unfair. No question is ridiculous, and what she's writing is legitimate. The fact that you don't see why she doesn't understand your point of view doesn't make her ridiculous, and the crack about Dr Phil was unnecessary.

I'll attempt to answer: those who claim to be Christians should be known by their behavior. They don't gossip about other church members, they don't complain about the stewardship committee requesting a yearly pledge, they don't cheat on their taxes or constantly break traffic laws and justify it by saying, 'everyone else does it'.

More to the point, you'll find that people of faith aren't negative. The light that shines, which was mentioned by chocolatey, is because they have a sense of purpose about their existence that many who have no faith (Christian or otherwise) seem to lack. Believing in a higher power, especially one that made you specifically and loves you, is an enormous influence on any individual and is easily measurable.

ooo

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
9,560 402 368
Alleybux
god-warrior-o.gif

Jbaby2008

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
77,755 1,991 788
Alleybux
A "real" Christian person makes you feel happy in their presence. They just have this warm and positive energy that just envelopes you too and makes you feel good. It draws you to them and makes you want to have them in your life in some way, hoping that some of that goodness inside of them will make you a better person, too. I have met plenty of nice, kind people in my life but being around someone who is truly "saved and sanctified" is a different experience. I guess if I had to chose one word to describe the vibe true Christians give off, I would say it was comforting.