When Arab Swirling Goes Wrong

Reactions
40,627 1,807 611
Alleybux
I saw Miami’s selling her house so she can buy a property with a garden. I’m surprised she’s selling it because I thought she’d want to keep the rental income.
I guess the plan to buy a second property didn’t work out. I’m scared for her. Knowing Mimi she would blow the money from the sale, losing her only stable investment.

Reactions
17,017 38 8
Alleybux
I guess the plan to buy a second property didn’t work out. I’m scared for her. Knowing Mimi she would blow the money from the sale, losing her only stable investment.
I feel like if she wasn’t always trying to stunt on the gram then maybe she’ll be further along. I hate to pocket watch people but imagine if she hadn’t spent a fortune on her Asia trip a couple years back or spent another fortune on her travels during the pandemic. Sometimes it’s best to be low-key and move in silence

Reactions
7,267 83 37
Alleybux

It’s not easy to buy a second property in the UK, especially if you’re single. You typically need a 25% deposit. Additionally, the rental market isn’t what it was. We moved out of our flat which is in a great location and two months later it’s still being advertised as available and the rent has been reduced twice. I presume Mimi was also struggling to find people to rent her house. She has plenty of time to buy a second property so it makes sense to buy a house she actually wants to live in and then rent out a second property. It never made sense to me that she was paying for rent when she had her own property.

Reactions
2,319 52 8
Alleybux
It’s not easy to buy a second property in the UK, especially if you’re single. You typically need a 25% deposit. Additionally, the rental market isn’t what it was. We moved out of our flat which is in a great location and two months later it’s still being advertised as available and the rent has been reduced twice. I presume Mimi was also struggling to find people to rent her house. She has plenty of time to buy a second property so it makes sense to buy a house she actually wants to live in and then rent out a second property. It never made sense to me that she was paying for rent when she had her own property.
Yep. The rental market isn't that great becuase atm. Lots of people who were here for work have gone back to their home countries which are doing a lot better in terms of covid and economy wise. It's great if you're a renter but not so great if you're a landlord.

There's also an impending housing crash so a lot of people are trying to sell up and buy somewhere new asap.

Reactions
Alleybux
Had to come out of lurk mode for this! Being a homeowner and having three degrees is Mimi’s personality trait
This is her pride and joy! Can’t believe she’s selling her property!

Reactions
9,723 103 80
Alleybux
It seems like she's being realistic versus trying to save separately for another deposit.

However, if she wants to move closer to London and buy somewhere with a garden she also needs to be realistic about her budget.

Reactions
Alleybux
I'm obsessed with anything property related. I've seen her flat on rightmove... hmmm if I was looking to buy a flat, I wouldn't go near it at all even without knowing the area.

So from rightmove I can see she bought it in 2015 for £152 000. She's expecting to sell it for about 23k more. I'm really not sure she can get that considering the fact that there is only 66 years left on the lease. It will be nearly impossible for anyone to get a mortgage from a bank. Probably better for a cash byer. She could also extend the lease. This will be quite expensive because of the remaining years being quite low.

It will actually be interesting to know how she was able to get a mortgage on that flat when it only had 71-73 years lease (not impossible but very difficult).

I had a look at the video tour and I can see the property actually needs lots of work done (preferably professionally). You can clearly see damp and botched diy jobs. The entire bathroom needs to be redone, flooring needs to be changed and lots more.

I remember watching one of her videos where she took an equity release of 25k and I thought it was a bad idea.

I don't think she has been completely honest and transparent with her subscribers.

I'd rather continue saving and renting than to owe a property like this.

I hope it sells but I also think she needs to be realistic in her expectations. I believe the estate agent would have told her that.

One good thing also is that it's chain free which is always a plus when buying or selling a property.

Good luck Mimi, I hope you get a better deal on your next property. Please also get advice from experts before buying a property.

Reactions
2,199 11 1
Alleybux
I'm obsessed with anything property related. I've seen her flat on rightmove... hmmm if I was looking to buy a flat, I wouldn't go near it at all even without knowing the area.

So from rightmove I can see she bought it in 2015 for £152 000. She's expecting to sell it for about 23k more. I'm really not sure she can get that considering the fact that there is only 66 years left on the lease. It will be nearly impossible for anyone to get a mortgage from a bank. Probably better for a cash byer. She could also extend the lease. This will be quite expensive because of the remaining years being quite low.

It will actually be interesting to know how she was able to get a mortgage on that flat when it only had 71-73 years lease (not impossible but very difficult).

I had a look at the video tour and I can see the property actually needs lots of work done (preferably professionally). You can clearly see damp and botched diy jobs. The entire bathroom needs to be redone, flooring needs to be changed and lots more.

I remember watching one of her videos where she took an equity release of 25k and I thought it was a bad idea.

I don't think she has been completely honest and transparent with her subscribers.

I'd rather continue saving and renting than to owe a property like this.

I hope it sells but I also think she needs to be realistic in her expectations. I believe the estate agent would have told her that.

One good thing also is that it's chain free which is always a plus when buying or selling a property.

Good luck Mimi, I hope you get a better deal on your next property. Please also get advice from experts before buying a property.

I was interested to see that the property initially cost £152k, some of the boasting she's been doing and the financial figures aren't quite aligning in my head but will try to move past that. Given that she's pulled out equity of the property, I'm wondering about how much money she's actually going to get back from this sale.

Nevertheless, I do hope she's successful with selling her flat, it sounds a lot more realistic to sell and start again with a better salary than trying to purchase a second property. Maybe she's had discussions with a financial advisor who's pointed out a practical course of action.

Reactions
9,723 103 80
Alleybux
It’s pounds so it’s about $250,000. I think the fact it’s a leasehold and has no garden means she’ll struggle to sell it.

In all liklihood she'll have to knock some ££s off the asking price. This is going to be challenging seeing as she wants to move from a LCOL to a HCOL area with additional features to the property.

Reactions
349 2
Alleybux
Mimi just upload a video bragging some more about the fact that she quit her job for director account manager position with a 20 000 pounds salary increase... she said that humility is for the unemployed !! that girl is a mad and a liar lol she never earned anywhere near 40k a month in her life otherwise she wouldn't have bought that ugly flat ! plus she wouldn't only shop at Lidl and Shein... also one thing that I noticed when someone lies a lot they can't look straight at someone's face or for instance at the camera and many psychologists believe that when a person looks up to their right they are likely to be telling a lie...

Last edited:
Reactions
17,017 38 8
Alleybux
I can’t take anything Mimi says seriously. if she was able to get a job with a £20k pay rise then good on her but I don’t feel any type of way about it. From the wigs to the clothing to the makeup she doesn’t emulate a lifestyle of a black woman who is getting paid.

Reactions
394 2
Alleybux
Earning 40k in tech sales isn't that difficult to achieve. My brother works in Tech sales in Dublin and speaks German and they pay him around 65k. This amount does not include any bonus.

As an account manager or account director for a tech company in London, she will definitely make a minimum of
40k.

Also, I earn 45k as a Business Analyst and still shop at aldi.
Mimi just upload a video bragging some more about the fact that she quit her job for director account manager position with a 20 000 pounds salary increase... she said that humility is for the unemployed !! that girl is a mad and a liar lol she never earned anywhere near 40k a month in her life otherwise she wouldn't have bought that ugly flat ! plus she wouldn't only shop at Lidl and Shein... also one thing that I noticed when someone lies a lot they can't look straight at someone's face or for instance at the camera and many psychologists believe that when a person looks up to their right they are likely to be telling a lie...

Reactions
349 2
Alleybux
Earning 40k in tech sales isn't that difficult to achieve. My brother works in Tech sales in Dublin and speaks German and they pay him around 65k. This amount does not include any bonus.

As an account manager or account director for a tech company in London, she will definitely make a minimum of
40k.

Also, I earn 45k as a Business Analyst and still shop at aldi.
I never said that it was difficult to achieve that ! I know many people who do ! I said I don't believe her there is a difference... I stated clearly why.

Reactions
394 2
Alleybux
I never said that it was difficult to achieve that ! I know many people who do ! I said I don't believe her there is a difference... I stated clearly why.
You mentioned where she shops but again I shop at aldi even though I earn enough money not to. Also, some people just don't have a sense of style and would still look tacky if they were earning a million per year

Reactions
2,199 11 1
Alleybux
lol if it's true I'm happy for her; it's about time she fixed up! I still don't get what her salary is though, I thought earlier she mentioned £50k, but seeing mention of £40k now?

Reactions
1,105 5
Alleybux
lol if it's true I'm happy for her; it's about time she fixed up! I still don't get what her salary is though, I thought earlier she mentioned £50k, but seeing mention of £40k now?

I reckon she was on £60-70k + £10k bonus. The increase in base is a great move for mortgage approval.

Good on her tbh!

* Also I believe her £40k comment was about the bonus she could have earned without the cap

Reactions
40,627 1,807 611
Alleybux
Why would she quit her job right after the CEO was complimenting her so much, even sent a gift. The lies!

Trending Threads

The Culture

Television Alley

General Alley

Recent Posts

Weight Loss Challenge #2: Giveaway 1 Million Alleybux a Week for YOUR Weight Loss Journey
Happy Sunday and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there I weighed in at 139.8, which is -1.0 loss from last week, woohoo! Upping water and...
People who microwave leftover pizza are nasty
People who don't wash are nasty but they can do what they want with their pizza. Jeesh! I put my on the stovetop in a skillet.
SWV vs. XSCAPE VERZUZ BATTLE | May 8th, 2021
I...am not sure if folks declaring an SWV victory from the jump of the Verzuz forget just how poorly the first half went for SWV. I say this as a...
  • Poll
Black woman goes on mini rant, says she gonna support Asian nail shops no matter what! “They...
Um... In my experience, the customer service has never been outstanding but, I don't expect 5 star service from them. They're not really...
Pisces men hate thread!
Fellow Gem here I think I’ve encountered 3 Pisces. They fell for me pretty hard. They ain’t ish! Throw them away. They aren’t as bad as cry baby...
I think/hope I’m breaking my family curse
I am so happy for you op. Not many people have the courage to do that but you are doing and you are succeeding. My family have a long list of...
UPDATE Reddit Users Are LEGALLY Gaming The Stock Market...
$Matic is warming up, just reached $1. A nice steady increase. Happy I jumped in!
Is anyone else choosing not to tell their mother 'happy mother's day'
I'm not. Haven't spoken with my mother in over three years and plan on keeping it that way.
Rare young Whitney photo
The one and only... Chiiile. That face was TOP TIER! It wasn’t even just the face, her features were exquisite!
Top Bottom