When did this trend of letting your acrylic nails grow out begin?

Princess Tiana
Reactions
164,972 2,206 689
Alleybux
star-trek-mind-blown-gif-7.gif

OLDHEAD
Reactions
17,971 149 126
Alleybux
I didn’t think it was a trend more so people just not being embarrassed anymore.
I noticed a few people this week not hiding it. I can only remember Savannah James right now

Reactions
14,508 95 34
Alleybux
Yeah, I don't think it's a trend.

I think most people who do this don't get acrylic nails regularly, so they just let them grow out instead of removing them.
It's also a strategy if you've been wearing enhancements for a while and want to take a break -- just let the nail grow out with the enhancement, instead of removing it and having to deal with the thin and damaged nails underneath.

DELETE ACCOUNT
Reactions
187,911 4,804 5,372
Alleybux
Jokes aside, if I ever start getting fake (dip or acrylic) nails again, I will let them grow out like this when I inevitably decide to stop again instead of removing them outright and being left with those jacked up, scaly, weak nubs that take weeks to grow out a healthy nail bed. I would get the excess clipped regularly though.

Reactions
24,359 262 186
Alleybux
I can't stand to see a lot of regrowth, especially with bright and dark colors. You don't look polished. When I missed a nail appointment, I would hide my hands until I could see my nail tech.

SoyTres died so La'SoyTres could live
Reactions
189,085 6,821 2,263
Alleybux
I honestly don't blame them. When I had acrylic nails and took them off, my nails were fucked up. I tore them, I ripped them, and it was just hell waiting for my nails to grow out.

Had I known the damage underneath, shit I probably would have done the same thing. My nails tore down to the middle and that shit hurt.

I will NEVER get acrylic nails again.

Reactions
25,052 107 28
Alleybux
When i was getting gel extensions (poly gel and gel x) i would do this when i knew i wasnt going to get a touch up any time soon. so that way i could file them down as they grew out vs soaking then off and filing. But gel isnt as heavy as acrylic.

OLDHEAD
Reactions
17,971 149 126
Alleybux
I didn’t think it was a trend more so people just not being embarrassed anymore.
I noticed a few people this week not hiding it. I can only remember Savannah James right now
I remembered where else I've seen it (because I just saw two in a row)

a lot of IG shopping accounts be holding up new products with 3 months of new growth on their nails.
I dont understand how it doesn't just snap off.

Reactions
14,508 95 34
Alleybux
I remembered where else I've seen it (because I just saw two in a row)

a lot of IG shopping accounts be holding up new products with 3 months of new growth on their nails.
I dont understand how it doesn't just snap off.

That bothers me too.
People trying to tell you about luxury while their nails look like Good Times.
How can I believe you.

The Culture

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Why Model Shanina Shaik Swears by Skinceuticals C E Feurilic Serum #IWokeUpLikeThis
I heard it was GOAT from a few people but the price is too steep for my pockets. I'll have to stick with Buttah Skin or Ole Henrickson for now.
Alexander Skarsgard is being added to the cast of ‘Succession’ Season 3
Scandi bae. I heard Adrien Brody is being added as well. They adding my beak-nosed fave?
Joe Budden: I'll Name This Podcast Later
so Ish and Ash used to be something? Ish is apparently getting back in the gym to get his summer body after seeing Ash
Starving to DEATH and SHAMED at dollar tree !!!
Thanks tho ! I just wanted 2 vent but yall so positive!! You should enter into the Amazon gift card raffle up here if you haven’t already.
Shekinah Accuse The Harris Clan Of Paying Blogs To Slander Her
Everytime i hear about or see her, i think about the way Khia dissed her. I feel so fucking bad lol
TashaMarie TMR And Her Lowly Flock Of Birds
Tasha you have a nerve to talk on Liv and her new man. You have multiple baby daddies. Shuffled your kids state to state and had a child with the...
Chris Brown VS His Stans Over His Baby Mama Ammikaa
On what pictures is this woman "blackfishing" cause on her ig I don't see it. You can tell she is Asian. She's a pretty bird.
  • Poll
Meghan Markle unpopular opinions thread pt 2
They are already at 101K subscribers. Great job The comments are truly amazing. Greetings from every part of the Globe. I truly hope they have...
Top Bottom