Quantcast

When Europeans and AFricans met....

Zebulon77

zen by design
Reaction score
Reactions
97,414 4,681 3,448
Alleybux
Wrong attitude. You cannot move on if so much of what obtains today in both the western world and in West Africa is as a result of that institution. This institution must be vetted and studied over and over again. Not to create animus even though some of that will happen but to ensure that it never happens again. My personal opinion is that Tribalism facilitated this and Pan-Africanism is the only way to ensure that this kind of thing will never happen again....but that's my personal opinion.
This^ I was with you all the way up to "Pan-Africanism."

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,613 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
“Slavery in Africa was different”

there still slaves in Africa till this day you can watch videos how they live and are treated

Even back than they was cutting there genitals off so they couldn’t reproduce e2

if that’s the “good slavery” I don’t wanna see the bad

That was Arab slavery which was also brutal.

Slavery before colonialization was more like servants and paying off a debt.

Last edited:

Greenskye

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,533 2,071 846
Alleybux
That's speculation. One of the things the so-called white man did was lie. He came in as a "trader," learned the land and customs from the black Africans.
Had black Africans taken a zero tolerance stance towards the so-called white man history may have been written differently.
It may have still carried out its white supremist agenda but a lot of them would have met the same fate it inflicted on black Africans/citizens.
What is exactly speculation? Are saying Africa was broke before Europeans arrived to so-call trade with them or are you saying African Kings willingly traded African slaves with them? Europeans had already learned the in and outs about Africa and slave-trading from the Arabs.

I don't understand the skepticism when I've already stated that the Europeans wanted to conquer African Empires from the very start. Europeans had technology called guns and gunpowder from the Chinese that Africans didn't have.

Roy89

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
62,090 8,353 20,210
Alleybux
I understand you are angry Coco but it will serve you well to let go of that anger. You can't blame all African people for this even though we should not forget. I have my moments as well but i have largely let it go at this point. This just strengthen my resolve as a pan Africanist. I strongly believe that pan Africanism will prevent something like this from ever happening again.
1621220144579.gif

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,613 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
What is exactly speculation? Are saying Africa was broke before Europeans arrived to so-call trade with them or are you saying African Kings willingly traded African slaves with them? Europeans had already learned the in and outs about Africa and slave-trading from the Arabs.

I don't understand the skepticism when I've already stated that the Europeans wanted to conquer African Empires from the very start. Europeans had technology called guns and gunpowder from the Chinese that Africans didn't have.

Africans also believed that if they kept giving things to Europeans they would leave their empires alone. Africans have always been hospitable to foreigners and they continue to be til this day. They will let a foreigner ransack and make money in their land but not uplift their own people.

Europeans if you read about their history never had so much access to resources like they do today. Everything is new to them whereas with black people who have access to resources for over 500,000 years it is not new to us.

We just don't exploit the Earth like Europeans are doing today.

Zebulon77

zen by design
Reaction score
Reactions
97,414 4,681 3,448
Alleybux

My point was if the so-called white man had not been allowed on the continent history may have been different.
Moreover, the so-called white man never came in with gun blazing. He always took steps to gain trust, make trading agreements before using the gun to overwhelm. That was the second point.
I additionally understand the relationship of the so-called white man and the Arab in Africa related to human bondage and the trading of black Africans. I'm also aware of the Arab Slave Trade separate and apart from the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade (The topic of this thread).

Moorpheus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,422 5,794 6,042
Alleybux
What? Are you even a Native Black American? Just asking.

This thread is not about "human behavior" in general. It's about the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade, specifically those slave dropped off in the U.S.
Moreover, who is "making excuses?" Are you using that term in order to dismiss any conversation about a topic you have a problem with? Similar to how so-called white people use "the race card" when they choose not to have a conversation about their racism? Reads similar motivation to me.

FYI - Native Black American farmers owned more land in the 1960s than now. There were more black owned banks than now. There were more black owned private schools in the 1960s compared to now.'
Your last two sentences are incoherent. What point are you attempting to make?
Dude lolol you don’t want to know. I got native roots and African roots. My family were are the fighters. When you watch people like Tariq talk about wars with yts. We were on black Wallstreet and in Mississippi Trail of tears if you know what that is lol.

Your conversation should have ended when I said Moors were in cahoots with the East India company if you know who that is lololol. I mean theres really nothing to say when your fellow black brothers team up with yts to bring you here as slaves. There is really no conversation after that.

And then you and your sidekicks go on blaming Africans. I said at the start humanity is horrible, but I guess you weren’t informed enough to grasp. Africans are going through it to this day. When nations go to war and one wins the others become their slaves. And you sit here begging your yt massa for some reparations lolol. If you were warriors you would have created some businesses and took what you wanted and freed someone in your own world.

It‘s funny that the conversation is supposed to be on freedom and the fight against it. Yet, it seems you want to be a slave begging the yts on your knees and sucking up their false histories. What’s sad is if you wanted to know about Africans you should have went to them and just asked. And if you wanted to know African American history you should have just asked the elders. I been on this shyt for more than 30+ years and you telling me about. The black farmers. I lived all this.

Greenskye

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,533 2,071 846
Alleybux
My point was if the so-called white man had not been allowed on the continent history may have been different.
Moreover, the so-called white man never came in with gun blazing. He always took steps to gain trust, make trading agreements before using the gun to overwhelm. That was the second point.
I additionally understand the relationship of the so-called white man and the Arab in Africa related to human bondage and the trading of black Africans. I'm also aware of the Arab Slave Trade separate and apart from the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade (The topic of this thread).
But, that was inevitable. Europeans had strategic plans to conquer/colonize Africa just as they had plans to colonize America. You go in pretending to trade and uplift people and you use divide/conquer techniques to manipulate certain tribes to work for them. The same thing is happening in Africa today and that is sad.

Africa's mistake was letting religion {Christianity and Islam} infiltrate their continent. I've always thought that was the beginning of Africa's demise.

Zebulon77

zen by design
Reaction score
Reactions
97,414 4,681 3,448
Alleybux
Dude lolol you don’t want to know. I got native roots and African roots. My family were are the fighters. When you watch people like Tariq talk about wars with yts. We were on black Wallstreet and in Mississippi Trail of tears if you know what that is lol.

Your conversation should have ended when I said Moors were in cahoots with the East India company if you know who that is lololol. I mean theres really nothing to say when your fellow black brothers team up with yts to bring you here as slaves. There is really no conversation after that.

And then you and your sidekicks go on blaming Africans. I said at the start humanity is horrible, but I guess you weren’t informed enough to grasp. Africans are going through it to this day. When nations go to war and one wins the others become their slaves. And you sit here begging your yt massa for some reparations lolol. If you were warriors you would have created some businesses and took what you wanted and freed someone in your own world.

It‘s funny that the conversation is supposed to be on freedom and the fight against it. Yet, it seems you want to be a slave begging the yts on your knees and sucking up their false histories. What’s sad is if you wanted to know about Africans you should have went to them and just asked. And if you wanted to know African American history you should have just asked the elders. I been on this shyt for more than 30+ years and you telling me about. The black farmers. I lived all this.
Is English your first language? Just asking.

Currently, no Native Black Americans have masters. Chattel Slavery ended. We are demanding reparations just like the Japanese got in the U.S. and the state of Israel gets every year from Germany. We are due for services rendered and we need our money pronto.

Moreover, I was just asking you to clarify this:

“…We didn't have jack in the 60s and didn't take advantage of black folks the way we do today. We were clean and respectable in most of the places we lived…”

What point are you trying to make here?

My point to you is this thread is not about human behavior in general. Why try and take it there?

Moorpheus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,422 5,794 6,042
Alleybux
But, that was inevitable. Europeans had strategic plans to conquer/colonize Africa just as they had plans to colonize America. You go in pretending to trade and uplift people and you use divide/conquer techniques to manipulate certain tribes to work for them. The same thing is happening in Africa today and that is sad.

Africa's mistake was letting religion {Christianity and Islam} infiltrate their continent. I've always thought that was the beginning of Africa's demise.
I can't help, but think there's more forces at play. I've been around for a minute and dabbled in the histories off and on. And there's got to be some type of alien thing going on, but they aren't as intelligent as we believe. Not discounting slavery at all because I can see where that can happen. The winner of the war makes the captives serve them and pay them, bam that's simple stuff.

However, what we are talking about is whole groups of folks being transplanted in unfamiliar territories. Like the blacks here in the states being relocated to Europe and throughout the world. Those in Europe and other places brought here. Movement by ship sounds to simple. Anyway, let me stop rambling and get to my point.

And then there's folks who never were moved. Home grown black folk right here in america. And I believe most of us came to america before the so called yt mans slavery.

I think the goal is to make us forget not all of us, but the few of us who shook the world. We know who we are but like I said get caught up being around folks who ain't on the level or those still plugged in.

Anyway, I don't believe its some yt plot more than an alien one with lower species following what they instruct them to do. Even an animal can snatch a human surrogate and be born into a human family. So, race has little play in the big picture other than these worlds being based around duality.

Observe

Hit da Gas, and be outti 5 on dey azz
Reaction score
Reactions
22,288 7,222 4,795
Alleybux
Why did I get downvoted. Arabs basically invented slavery. There is no clear date when it happened but Islam Arabs invaded Africa in the 7th century. Europeans learned chattel slavery from Arab Trans Sahara Slavery. We like to argue which one is worse , but they were both horrific so there’s really no worst one or better one, they both were brutal, Rome, Greece, Africa the slaves more like servants had more freedoms and less brutality

Mirabilia

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
95,273 3,867 2,272
Alleybux
How is this relevant? The conversation is not about slavery in general it's about which black African nations participated. Why? How? And what do they have to say as of 2021 regarding their ancestors participation in the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade.
Moreover, the U.S. has yet to compensate the descendants of slaves for services rendered (We are still demanding our 40 acres and a mule). That's why we are still having conversations about reparations.
The matters here in the U.S. have not been settled. To post that "...slavery happened everywhere in the world..." is immaterial to the resolution of matters in this nation.
I am merely reacting to the reaction in this this thread. You have an agenda and I want no part in it, so please disengage and take it up with someone else.

oscar97

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
375 46 3
Alleybux
Really appreciate your added perspective. Yes the documentary focused on the gold coast but we all know that Europeans were successful all over the continent and for the most part the approach was the same. East Africa didn't escape this either. We all know about the slave markets in Zanzibar for example. Do you think outside of the scholar class that Africa as a whole has learned anything from bondage situations.

Groups of people who have faced devastating situations like this have instituted ways to remember it. For example Rwanda has a yearly memorial for the genocide there. You don't do these things because you want to keep malice in your heart, you do these things because you want your people to remember those dark times and to renew their resolve to see that it never ever happens again. Acknowledging and deciphering and studying....and yes commemorating something like this is the way to move on from it.
Later Europeans did terrible atrocities after the slave trade in the colonial era. Slave trade and colonialism (for the most part) would not have succeeded without African collaborators. Yes, there were slave markets in the East African coast and just like in the Gold Coast, inland raids happened. That was the Arab Slave Trade. In Oman for example, the black citizens are descendants of slave trade. Africans would be better informed of this history had the Europeans not gone on to destroy African history.

I would think Africa has learned but not in the way the scholars discuss of African culpability. What happened in Rwanda was terrible but I have no doubt there was some form of European involvement in what happened. How else would one explain that Rwandese genocide suspects have been residing in Belgium and France for decades on a continent that professes to stand up for human rights? That is true, it should never happen again and we hope it never does

Zebulon77

zen by design
Reaction score
Reactions
97,414 4,681 3,448
Alleybux
I am merely reacting to the reaction in this this thread. You have an agenda and I want no part in it, so please disengage and take it up with someone else.
I am merely staying focused on the topic of the OP. Your post/response seeks to expand the topic to "every nation" - which appears to be your agenda.

Liwe Liwe

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
114,257 3,528 2,743
Alleybux
Slavery existed everywhere. I am not sure why people are shocked when they hear slavery existed in Africa before the corruption arrived. I think the commercialization of slaves is what the Europeans started. Normally, it seems slaves were spoils of victory from war and slavery wasn't an industry as the Europeans made it. Someone can educate me on this if I'm wrong.

As soon as men discovered they had different physical abilities, slavery was bound to exist.

The slave system that existed in Africa was more along servant- master lines. Slaves would work their way out of the slave class. Heck, some of the later Kings of Mali were slaves who had been adopted into the royal family. Only hardened criminal offenders were enslaved for life, and consigned to hard labour eg working in the salt mines.

MiyahLee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
117,155 8,761 8,256
Alleybux
These comments is exactly why Black people outside the USA or on the continent is where they are today. Smh...
Thank you ! I wanted to say this but I am literally so shocked! Imagine a fellow black person cooking up dangerous lies against another fellow black nation. This is why other black people dislike black Americans these days, they have so much hate and venom for other black people to the point they create lies against them.

I can't believe she lied about that, now if we didn't call her out on it, people will believe it and run along with her narrative.
I promise you this situation have nothing to do with Black americans but somehow yall assume everybody on the board who have something negative to say about Africans is Black Americans when other groups have the same views or worse. How do you know that fomt is a Black american? I promise you these types of situation is not the reason why yall domt like Black american. We all know the real reason. You made it very clear in your ability to bring black Americans into anything anytime a thread about Africans present themselves...

this response is for the both of you
Yup. Exactly.
What she's saying is pure lies. The way she's talking about it, it's like it was chattel slavery all over again and the minute they see someone with Blackskin, they are thrown in the slave ceilings when it's not the case. When i didn't know much about it, i was shock to see that there is Black people working in high positions there and even being their own boss, running businesses there. I need to add that these Black people, often comes from powerful countries like America, and Europeans countries and some of these Black africans who are doing good for themselves there already had money in Africa.
I still think that it's important to expose what's going in on, but it's unneccessary to lie and link every thing to chattel slavery when it comes to Africa. I got to say that i'm tired of it. I'm just tired of this narrative. Unfortunately, people like to spread this misinformation. Like some Black people and also, White people reassure themselves that there is way more evil than them. That's how Arabs are being used: as scapegoats.

I wonder if OP is Black American.

We were brainwashed into thinking of Africa as one, but Africans keep reminding us they simply do not see themselves united as one, they are strongly tribal.

Thanks for reminding us that PanAfricanism is a myth.
Nobody is brainwash. The average American do not care about Africa. Africa haven't made any effort to get people to know or understand them so they get overlooked unless Black Americans do something dealing with Africa...
Get over what exactly? Much of the history remains hidden to the world. Why not continue to have a dialogue so that all who were involved are exposed?
Would you tell a so-called white man/woman at your job to "get over it" if they chose to share with you a horrific trauma that their people endured? If not, why come on this board and use such a dismissive tone? (I'm assuming that you are a black American. If you are not your posts make more sense)
Why would you assume that font is a Black American? As you stated above people cosplay or people assume someone is a black american..