Quantcast

When In History Has Anything Ever Been Solved With Peaceful Protest?

SpartanWarrior

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
376 26 37
Alleybux
No...seriously? Stop making these people comfortable....look at Egypt...throughout history if you want a faster reaction violence has always seemed to be the answer. F this kumbaya crap!

Paisley Park

Alexander Nevermind
Reaction score
Reactions
10,252 162 99
Alleybux
see this is what happens when they dont teach about the civil rights movement in schools

Nori West

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,428 140 108
Alleybux
I see you were totally spaced out during the Civil Rights section in your history class.

gwopijon

Zirconia (Nina) and Polly Esther (BrieBrie)
Reaction score
Reactions
183,335 6,267 1,981
Alleybux
The Egyptians aren't getting sh!t done.

Their economy is in the toilet because of the unrest

They get Americans tax $ that goes to their governments. YOUR hard earned $ and mine and they are killing each other.They have their religions and sects and won't get along.You mostly see men on the streets;where are the women at? that's right they barely count.

black voters ALL over the country have ways to solve some of the issues such as becoming lawyers and judges and take part in jury duty.Missing jury duty means you might let a racist bastard get away and help convict a fellow black person for some petty crime white folks get away with.

voting every single bastard OUT in florida who wrote the SYG law and in those 24 states to make sure it is repealed next year and in 2016.Jeb Bush,Marco Rubio,Rick Scott who just 2 days ago said he wasn't gonna change.Vote them OUT even with those voter suppression measures the GOP has taken

The United States of America isn't Egypt.

YOU can change things;burning someone else property is silly and criminal and will not change a damn thing

I say this with respect but as much as I like shaking things up;I don't believe in destroying private property

.ANAIS.KARIM.

YellowGalacticSun
Reaction score
Reactions
122,364 2,519 2,204
Alleybux
Revolution and fµck Kumbaya. They didn't take over peacefully and they won't be overthrown peacefully.

SashaSlays

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
160,892 2,669 2,857
Alleybux
see this is what happens when they dont teach about the civil rights movement in schools

Although I don't think peaceful protest are totally useless, I do think people overstate the impact on the civil rights movement. Remember the time and political climate. The U.S was scared shitless of the homegrown communist movement. Television was showing these newly freed communist that America hates it's own people (so they were under pressure to become a "good example" to new nations in order to dissuade them from becoming communist), there were economic benefits to integration for major corporations etc. Just like the women's movement, a lot of concessions happened when several other conditions were in place to make it the "right time".

LovelyLeo03

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,315 513 942
Alleybux
I agree with op and i agree with the other posters. Yes the civi rights movement was peaceful and worked but in the long run where has it gotten us. We don't vote, the school systems we tried to get into are sh!tty, and racism is even worse b/c ppl hide it now cough cough Paula dean. I truly believe when white ppl feel they are really done with us that's when its gonna get violent. Just be prepared y'all cuz sh!t will hit the fan and ppl.are NOT gonna be peaceful about it.

LovelyLeo03

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,315 513 942
Alleybux
Buuut i can say it's working right now b/c the ******* ass crackers are.making seem like we can't be peaceful and we can't untie. Haha fooled y'all bastards cuz my ppl (and other races) are doing it.

S h a k t i

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
14,452 572 499
Alleybux
I somewhat agree. For non-violence to work, your opponent must have a conscience. And the the united states has none. :dunno:

Screen Siren

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,972 3,779 4,010
Alleybux

Um, you can't trust anything they teach about Black people in the schools. The Cold War played a bigger role in the governments willingness to make change than the protests themselves.

Remy Newport

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
298,659 6,109 4,258
Alleybux
Hmmm. So will you be the one out there to crack the first skull? Or wait for the guy next to you to get his cracked? Make sure you take video

Paisley Park

Alexander Nevermind
Reaction score
Reactions
10,252 162 99
Alleybux
Um, you can't trust anything they teach about Black people in the schools. The Cold War played a bigger role in the governments willingness to make change than the protests themselves.

i was being more sarcastic than anything. but i had the opportunity to have a class called African american studies in 12th grade with a pretty well educated black man which made me want to further study it on my own.

Naiobi Neptune

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
31 1
Alleybux
All of the major powers in existence came about through violence, but TBH, I believe, the real way that we can put America on notice is to create our own world within "theirs." What I mean is that we should start to open our own charter schools and staff them with ppl who are in it for our children, open more stores, hair, convenience, etc., in our neighborhoods, and then shop at those stores. For those store owners, don't nickle and dime your customers to death, and treat them with respect.

We need to work on building wealth, teach our kids about how a good credit score benefits them, and the drawbacks of having a bad one, paying their bills, and opening their own buinesses. Lending a hand to the one coming behind you. Nearly every group in this country has managed to develop their own self-sufficient network but us. We don't have to keep playing this game, we can grow co-op gardens, we can use the barter system, wash my back, I'll wash yours. We need to stop getting mad when somebody chastises our bad ass kids and focus more on their education than material stuff. Let them see you interested in our political process, voting and getting involved.

I know this is long, but it is a sensitive topic for me. We, the everyday black men and women on the frontlines can do this, we don't need celebs of any color or xes, this is our responsibility. That is how we put our money where our mouth is. IMO.

msgoodgood69

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
28,589 800 277
Alleybux
Wait an overthrow of US govt by who ?

its impossible for a successful overthrow of any government without the military.

I rather protest, march, donate (time and money) to help destroy an injustice system

Violence is always met with more lethal violence.

Reaction score
Reactions
431 13 2
Alleybux
Peaceful protest is a strategy. Remember that. It's one strategy. Ever since we have been forced into this western system of white supremacy and suffered from oppression our leaders have employed various methods to fight for our freedom. Marcus Garvey advanced pan africanism to inspire a global mass move to economic freedom. Bob Marley and PeterTosh created and performed music with a humanist message to inspire us to fight for freedom. Some of our artists and intellectuals became expatriates, leaving a country that would keep them oppressed while exploiting their gifts. They used their talents to educate the world on our plight. Look at the various strategies of Medgar Evers, Ida BWells, Booker T Washington, Denmark Vessey, Kwame Nkrumah, Patrice Lamumba, Angela Davis....they each contributed to our fight. However there comes a time when we must galvanize and take what is ours as human beings. Look to Dessalines and the Haitian Revolution, Delgris and the people of Guadaloupe in 1802, and for those with Indian in your family look at Geronimo. These men and their followers declared death before being enslaved, oppressed and in subjugation. We have to be prepared to fight in various ways. Read history and study hard. Sitting there thinking that since certain laws and bills are in place, we have overcome? If you think change is coming peacefully and in time... You're sleeping. We are against strongholds and institutions designed with your demise in mind. Strategy comes from preparation to attack this in the various ways they oppress us. Economically, Socially, xesually including reproduction, through Education, Media etc.

Peachez N Cream

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,784 788 118
Alleybux
The sit ins during the civil rights era.
the multiple marches during the civil rights era.
the marches for womens rights
marches against the immigration law
March for gay marriage
March against gun violence/multiple shootings
LOADS of times peaceful demonstrations have made an impact. :rainbow:

Lady Valentina

Femme Fatale
Reaction score
Reactions
1,161 13 3
Alleybux
I agree with op and i agree with the other posters. Yes the civi rights movement was peaceful and worked but in the long run where has it gotten us. We don't vote, the school systems we tried to get into are sh!tty, and racism is even worse b/c ppl hide it now cough cough Paula dean. I truly believe when white ppl feel they are really done with us that's when its gonna get violent. Just be prepared y'all cuz sh!t will hit the fan and ppl.are NOT gonna be peaceful about it.

I agree with you about the violence to come. Do you watch Doomsday Preppers? Those folks are packing all kinds of heat, and we already know who the targets will be. Smith & Wesson said that they can't produce guns fast enough in this country right now. I don't think our caucus cousins are stocking up on guns for nothing.

77bravo

2024. Year of the dragon (Rev. 11-13)
Reaction score
Reactions
21,740 1,689 1,287
Alleybux
Wrong OP.. The Civil Rights Movement was well planned orchestrated and executed. The participants were required to remain peaceful, however it was done to show the world "via this new invention, called television" the violence of the white southerners. It worked.

Surely your have seen the police dogs biting people. Fire hoses turned on the marchers. Folks were spat upon, arrested, beaten bloody and even killed. It showed the world America's hypocrisy. This shamed politicians with their own agenda into changing a few laws.

Whelp, this generation can no longer call previous generations wimps and Toms after this verdict. I waited for a loud and boisterous protest, like the Occupy movement. They were on fire. Camping out, confrontations with cops and everything.

For all of the rap generation's boastful claims to being big and bad.. All of the cussing, neck tattoos, and menacing personas. Compared to those clean cut peaceful protesters of the 50' and 60's singing hymns and holding hands while the dogs bit them, heads busted open by billy clubs.. Yall looking kind of weak and pitiful right now.

In the words of Mike J.. Who's Bad?

ScientificPlaya

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
108 9 1
Alleybux
op has a point... just think about our pentagon defense budget....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owJFelAZBDc]Rush Bastille Day (video revisited) - YouTube[/ame]

1-15--guillotine.jpg

king louis xvi guillotined
images

112th Bwoy

Reaction score
Reactions
1,303 95 154
Alleybux
No...seriously? Stop making these people comfortable....look at Egypt...throughout history if you want a faster reaction violence has always seemed to be the answer. F this kumbaya crap!
I'm looking at Egypt, a country that deposed militant dictators just to be ran by militant islamists simply because they were the lesser of two evils. Are you perpared to be massacred like the egyptian revolutionaries were in the soccer stadium? Ofcourse not, because your situation is no where near as desperate as theirs, don't kid yourself. Violent revolutions are romantic till you're in one for real, if i dropped you off in Syria right now you'd be the first one singing kumbaya.

Big Red

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
17,335 57 13
Alleybux

Look at the middle east. What has violence done there.?

Blaze

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
801 11 29
Alleybux
When violence happens there's collateral damage...when there's collateral damage you turn people...or allies into enemies. See City of God the movie for reference.....

meyday

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
26 6 1
Alleybux
Doesn't our country have a stake in that?

That part. Seeing everyone talk about how violence isn't the answer in the US is so tone deaf to our involvement in issues around the world. We're all for it until it's our turn huh...