Quantcast

When one of your airpods stop working?

misscouture

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
35,945 673 218
Alleybux
One of my airpods has stopped working (no sound coming out of it). I've cleaned and reset them for what feels like hundreds of times.

I've had them for nearly two years.

So, what's the deal when this happens?

Is it even worth it paying for the replacement of one airpod or did you just replace the whole thing (airpods plus case)?

Or by some miracle will Apple take pity on me and replace them for free?

juicyudabomb

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,144 68 34
Alleybux
One of my airpods has stopped working (no sound coming out of it). I've cleaned and reset them for what feels like hundreds of times.

I've had them for nearly two years.

So, what's the deal when this happens?

Is it even worth it paying for the replacement of one airpod or did you just replace the whole thing (airpods plus case)?

Or by some miracle will Apple take pity on me and replace them for free?
I'm just here for the comments.....

Nightdream

MVP
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
7,679 108 28
Alleybux
I had this happen. I took mine into the Geek Squad at Best Buy (Apple stores were closed then). The guy ran diagnostics to see if it was the case and if the AirPods had a good connection to charge in the case. He said everything looked fine except some corrosion he cleaned out. Told me to see if they were good now. If not then “just get a new set”. He said with the deals you can get on them, I would be better off getting new ones because eventually the same thing would happen to the other one. The replacement for one is $79 I think. According to him the shelf life on these is only about 3-4 years. I don’t know if that’s true or helpful, but just wanted to share my experience to help you with your decision.

Fabulous Foxxx

~Bright-Eyed&Bushy-Tailed
Reaction score
Reactions
261,189 7,396 4,510
Alleybux
I washed mine, apple store replaced them free. Went to same store I bought em though, idk if that makes a difference.

Nightdream

MVP
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
7,679 108 28
Alleybux
If it’s been two years, it’s unlikely that they will replace them barring some unique circumstance like some known issue with the product. But it never hurts to try. I have had Apple replace products for weird circumstances that I didn’t expect like chocolate getting into my phone.

Jahshii

Barbs, divestors, and republicans= blocked
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
85,756 4,824 5,011
Alleybux
I fix mine. Add new mesh and wires

But they sell replacements on Ebay

misscouture

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
35,945 673 218
Alleybux
I had this happen. I took mine into the Geek Squad at Best Buy (Apple stores were closed then). The guy ran diagnostics to see if it was the case and if the AirPods had a good connection to charge in the case. He said everything looked fine except some corrosion he cleaned out. Told me to see if they were good now. If not then “just get a new set”. He said with the deals you can get on them, I would be better off getting new ones because eventually the same thing would happen to the other one. The replacement for one is $79 I think. According to him the shelf life on these is only about 3-4 years. I don’t know if that’s true or helpful, but just wanted to share my experience to help you with your decision.

Thanks.

I had wondered about their shelf life.

I guess I'll try and contact Apple and see if they can take a look at them.

I think if the one airpod is completely faulty and they suggest replacement then I'll look into replacing the whole set because like you said... something could happen to the other airpod or the case like next month and you can end up spending more money.

Shhhhhhhhhhh

good things in due time
Reaction score
Reactions
30,859 965 261
Alleybux
It's funny that you post this because my right AirPods stops working intermittently. It's annoying when I'm working out or on one of my walks it will just cut out. I have to put it back in the case for a minute then it will work again, but only for a little while. The case and (both) AirPods is fully charged. They aren't dirty. I take care of my stuff so I'ma little bothered by it. I got them back in spring of 2018 so it's been about 3 years.