When South Korea Cheated Roy Jones Jr Out Of A Gold Medal

Reactions
216,599 6,957 2,141
Alleybux
In 1988 South Korea hosted the Olympics

Roy Jones jr vs Park Si-hun fight:

Screenshot_20201121-185109.jpg

Park Si-hun today:

He quit boxing afterward and became a school teacher. Says the decision ruined his life.

The IOC refused to overturn the decision and banned 2 of the judges for life and updated the scoring system. The International Boxing Association awarded Jones the best fighter across all divisions of the games.

1997 the IOC found that those 2 judges had been wined and dined by South Korean organizers.

Still ruled no evidence of corruption, and Roy Jones was awarded the 'Olympic Order' in honor of his contributions to the Olympic movement.

Reactions
107,265 10,034 13,228
Alleybux
In 1988 South Korea hosted the Olympics

Roy Jones jr vs Park Si-hun fight:

View attachment 2089396

Park Si-hun today:

He quit boxing afterward and became a school teacher. Says the decision ruined his life.

The IOC refused to overturn the decision and banned 2 of the judges for life and updated the scoring system. The International Boxing Association awarded Jones the best fighter across all divisions of the games.

1997 the IOC found that those 2 judges had been wined and dined by South Korean organizers.

Still ruled no evidence of corruption, and Roy Jones was awarded the 'Olympic Order' in honor of his contributions to the Olympic movement.

That's fucked up. He also said he was cheated in a decision that turned into his first loss in this conversation.

Reactions
216,599 6,957 2,141
Alleybux
True. We need him as a trainer. He's going to train Broner. I didn't make a thread about it. Very interesting. Now he has Eubanks, Jr & Broner under his banner.

Okay, Roy training fighters sounds like the right move... especially for someone like him who can articulate the art of boxing so well. Broner needs help badly. He's in his prime years and he could still have a respectable career.

The Culture

Recent Posts

Trevor Noah Girlfriend?
Hey Trev need more??? Yooo I can't even look at Trevor when he's talking about racism at universities or at tech companies etc. anymore. It's...
How would you feel if you told your boyfriend your pregnant and he replies “ish happens”?
I mean it doesn't sound like he doesn't want the baby. What? He sounds completely apathetic. Even if he wants the baby, what part of that...
Married At First Sight: Unmatchables
those are some low quality wings. plus she left all that meat on the bones. chile i couldn't hang with her
Rapper Shock G dead.
shock doing a rendition of prince’s i wanna be your lover...this seemed to be a girl that he was into in the last moments of his life, he calls...
America in the Biden-Harris Era Tarot Tea Thread III
@Capn'Bucky thank you for the avocado plushie!
They’re Really Saying Miley Cyrus Is A Legend Around These Parts?
Mariah is a legend. Why is she even in the same thread with Miley Cyrus?
Top Bottom