Quantcast

Who is Your Character Based Off Of?

Rexo

“ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴄᴏɴᴠɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ”──✮⋆˙♛
Reaction score
Reactions
231,455 3,936 964
Alleybux
Hey everyone so I am making multiple stories, and there are times where some of my characters are inspired/based off of someone, whether it be in real life, movies, televisions, books, etc.

Were some of your characters based off of anyone? Or were some of them created off the top of your noggin? :risilia (You can make up a fake name to protect the identity of your creation)

For me:

1. My character, "Redan", was inspired by King Henry VIII. (Yep...Oof! :oops)
2.. My character, "Jude", was inspired by a girl I went to school with. A smart quiet girl but had such a nasty soul. Very controlling to her only friend.
3. My character, "Ares", was somewhat inspired by Terri from Soul Food (fµck the family!)

I'm eager to read everyone else's.

Gumii

i love my computer, it has all my friends in it
Reaction score
Reactions
24,033 630 328
Alleybux
Hybrid of Azula (Avatar), Casca (Berserk), and a hint of Mulan since she has to disguise herself for a certain amount of time. Also possessed by a dragon (that's where the Azula part comes in, blue fire lol). I don't know why but I haven't decided on a name yet.

MrsSamCooke

From the moonlit wilds
Reaction score
Reactions
28,073 1,040 98
Alleybux
Interesting question.

For me...

No one - not a single one of my characters in my work is based off someone else. However, facets of myself/other selves of my being - well then, a few of them are but only to a degree.

In all candidness, many of the people in my life make me miserable except for my son and a couple of my friends. Therefore, I would hardly want to spend even more time with them via my writing. :arrogant

As for other fictional characters outside of my own work - with one exception (which is in a negligible sense) - no, not them either.

I like to create my characters from bare bones and then flesh them out.

1616841640082.png

:wink7

Last edited:

MJandM_luver

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
15,217 367 67
Alleybux
Some of the characters I write are sometimes based on famous characters from either book or film.

I also did two where I loosely based the characters on Samson and Delilah.

P.S. Would anyone want to read the one of the Samson and Delilah stories?

pet

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
Reactions
51,468 2,344 2,173
Alleybux
My main character in my story is based off of a female character that I crave to see represented. Like she is what i feel the perfect female representation should be.

Some of my other characters are based off of other characters that are popular. I love like Cordelia Chase type characters.

tierra588

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
44,854 1,672 737
Alleybux
My main characters aren't really based off of anyone, but my books are inspired by what I watch. When I first saw GOT, I wanted to write an exciting period piece from that era (period pieces are a little bit harder because you have to accurately remember what objects they had and didn't have back in the medieval times for example). Whenever I watch superhero films, I'm inspired to write about a black woman that's also a superhero because the representation for that is very low. Whenever I watch coming of age love stories, I'm inspired to write about that genre.

My mother is the most sweetest and supportive person in the world, so for my Superhero book I used some traits from my mom to represent the grandmother figure. Having a grandmother with those traits will play a huge part in why my MC grew up to do good in her world. So far, she's the only person that inspired a character.

MichaelMYERS

Stalking Laurie Strode's ass since 1978
Reaction score
Reactions
309,327 4,738 1,693
Alleybux
Not my main main character but one of the main characters I am writing a pilot script for is inspired a bit on Terri from Soul Food. She is my #Justice4Terri and has a soul sucking hating ass trifling family that she is an ATM for. She also was the high school bully to the main main but she was humbled, has turned over a new leaf, and wants to build a friendship with the main main. She's also thinking about quitting her high ass paying yet soul crushing job where she just got a raise (she's sleeping with her boss) to become a rapper in her early 30s which is why she's nervous about it because of her trifling ass family are gonna be pissed that she isn't making that money anymore.

But yeah I hope I do justice for Terri by righting the wrongs with this character lol.

wanderwoman

alleybuxstrugglelife
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
319,318 7,868 3,410
Alleybux
I named one of my characters after my mom, but I don't know if I've based my characters on anyone real or fiction.

leontine

~ The UNBIASED Queen ~
Reaction score
Reactions
144,936 4,311 1,730
Alleybux
I realised one of my characters had elements of me when I was going through a period of transition (employment wise) - I didn’t even mean for that to happen. Strong similarities to Hattie from Twenties.

Another character is lowkey based on a dancer from the 1930s - but modernised. Very hypergamist mindset, I guess I see elements of Toni from Girlfriends and Joan from Mad Men but my character is a smidge more desperate. Lacks integrity.

Last edited:

HotNerd10

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
68,415 539 33
Alleybux
Previously my ex.... the way he would react or what he was into....

Now? I'm using Greek Gods as bones of character and building from there adding tissue to build on to complexity but with some of their characteristics..... wanting to start a series that intertwines.....

Cryeisha

The High Priestess
Reaction score
Reactions
166,823 21,299 10,690
Alleybux
They create themselves in my mind and I let it work. I don’t based them on anyone because they are original and unique and occasionally do something I wasn’t expecting.

Like this timid character of mine went into full battle against an army of men because she loved her relative so much… I did not know she was going to do that, but her love for her family is stronger than her fears. So I had to backtrack, and added more detail about how much she love her relatives because the reader might think I’m breaking character.

I did show her fear throughout each bow and arrow attack though, and how she was hesitating at first.

Just one example