• Paul Newman

Results are only viewable after voting.

pinksghetti

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
21,256 479 95
Alleybux
They were both sexy but I'm going to give a slight edge to Marlon.

eta: that is a good point about how Paul aged and remained handsome for decades. Now I'm back to being torn on who was sexier.

Legendary

this my muhf--king natural...
Reaction score
Reactions
376,446 1,063 209
Alleybux
your favorite actor's favorite actor coming through

tumblr_ms1tyc1xCO1rfocjso1_500.gif
Haha YES. I love it lol! This is like a showdown between the bad boy and the all american type. Marlon to me is like a good bang in the backseat and then its ova lol. He inspires those lower type thoughts :dead: lol. Paul is more like you want to love him, you actually care about the mofo. He inspires deeper kinda thoughts lol. Maybe I'm in the minority on this but thats the best I can describe their appeals lol.
image.jpg

KELIS

Little Star
Reaction score
Reactions
6,220 130 34
Alleybux
Paul Newman has a sexier voice. Both were very handsome, but I'm gonna go with Paul.

BED

Blanche Elizabeth Devereaux
Reaction score
Reactions
7,600 22 5
Alleybux
Paul. He was extremely handsome and remained so.....plus that ranch dressing of his is AMAZING! Add the fact that all profits from his food products are donated to charity.

Afro NerdGrl

Drake’s Ex-wife fighting for SS & CS since 2020
Reaction score
Reactions
39,514 334 53
Alleybux

Legendary

Reaction score
Reactions
376,446 1,063 209
Alleybux
Paul Newman has a sexier voice. Both were very handsome, but I'm gonna go with Paul.
Paul was also taller too. Also an activist, humanitarian and professional race car driver.
1_3.jpg

BTW, I dont know how James came up....I dont see him on the level of these two. Plus I've never gotten strong man vibes from him at all lol.

IsItACrime

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,329 34 22
Alleybux
i have finally returned from my break to continue this conversation, prepare yourselves!

Omg, I felt the same way when I watched Rebel Without a Cause starring James Dean. Now that motherfucka right there was fine as hell!

speaking of which tell me who else can say they had James Dean damn near OBSESSED with them?

trying to always talk to him, sit next to him, following him around on the lot and going to the same parties? MARLON BRANDO that's who (lol it scared the sh!t out of him though)

enhanced-buzz-15830-1369250462-23.jpg

500full.jpg

tumblr_ldo3xk0ZiE1qcgqjj.jpg

tumblr_lzjheefuDy1qfyb7qo3_500.jpg

OBSESSION
(he allegedly stole marlon's underwear and slept with it under his pillow lol i can't)

like I said your favorite actor's favorite actor

bongo player

civil rights activist
deller_1.jpg
6482305649_1d293df439_o.jpg

Marlon-Brando-confronted-at-a-Civil-Rights-protest-in-1960.jpg

hey you, guy with the idiotic sign......does this look like man bothered by your white tears and supremacist outrage?

tumblr_mt46jbsVd61ro21o5o1_500.gif

well how about now?

tumblr_lrou73areI1qi5axlo1_500.gif

okay lets do one more just in case you still thought he cared

tumblr_m7jg2mu0aZ1qf4g0ro1_500.gif

Legendary

Reaction score
Reactions
376,446 1,063 209
Alleybux
Obsessed...well some believe they had something going anyway so maybe Dean was kinda justified in it all lol. Who knows lol. IF they didn't than I bet Dean knew of his nature and must've thought he had a chance. Not that I blame Dean but Marlon had too much going on I'm sorry lol.

IsItACrime

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,329 34 22
Alleybux
"Dean would often call him, leaving messages with Brando's answering service. Brando would sometimes listen, silently, as Dean instructed the service to have Brando call back. Brando, disturbed that Dean was copying his life-style (motorcyle, bongo drums) and acting techniques, did not return his calls. The two met numerous times: on the set of East of Eden (1955); on the set of Desirée (1954) and at a party, where Brando took Dean aside and told him he had emotional problems that required psychiatric attention."

:dead:

i mean it's not his fault you want him
tumblr_mul6ibSMpv1qlxvxuo1_500.gif

but really james
tumblr_mvrt70p8Hv1qlxvxuo1_500.gif

anyway......
marlon really would have continued to age well if he gave a fµck, he had great genes
tumblr_mv1x4bEbg01sz5l2ao2_250.gif
tumblr_mv1x4bEbg01sz5l2ao1_250.gif

tumblr_ms45eiQLKT1s8gsn8o1_400.gif

u7yy.jpg

but you know.....he really didn't lol. this fool turned 50, bought an island and said bye ya'll! sat on his ass, ate all day like no tomorrow and only showed up if you paid him an obscene amount of money (lol he was probably hoping they wouldn't and they'd leave him alone) or if he REALLY liked the script. You better make sure there's lots of food too :dead:

lol can't stay mad though, look at that face
tumblr_mjywefLBHE1s8lpi6o4_250.gif

ClayMate

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
2,564 407 545
Alleybux
Paul Newman was an awesome actor who has a charity that gives millions of dollars away to charity every year. In fact, I believe he's the only actor to do this. But what I love most about him, besides his beautiful blue eyes, is that he dissected every part he ever played and made that character his. He owned the screen and made fans pay attention to him. He was always on time, ready to act, and never a diva.

However on the other hand, Marlon may have been a good looking actor back in the day, he was very much the diva and very difficult to work with from what I have read in many articles. He never studied his lines and in the movie, "The Godfather", he had his lines posted in spots near him so he didn't have to memorize them.

These two actors were from the time when actors owned their parts, but took different paths on fame.

Hands down by far, Paul Newman was better looking, the better actor, and the better philanopist. (ph)

Tiffany Pollard

MVP
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
156 19 24
Alleybux
paul is winning by one vote lol i shouldve said who was better looking in their prime. but w/e

IsItACrime

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,329 34 22
Alleybux
Paul Newman was an awesome actor who has a charity that gives millions of dollars away to charity every year. In fact, I believe he's the only actor to do this. But what I love most about him, besides his beautiful blue eyes, is that he dissected every part he ever played and made that character his. He owned the screen and made fans pay attention to him. He was always on time, ready to act, and never a diva.

However on the other hand, Marlon may have been a good looking actor back in the day, he was very much the diva and very difficult to work with from what I have read in many articles. He never studied his lines and in the movie, "The Godfather", he had his lines posted in spots near him so he didn't have to memorize them.

These two actors were from the time when actors owned their parts, but took different paths on fame.

Hands down by far, Paul Newman was better looking, the better actor, and the better philanopist. (ph)

tumblr_mks5h8eiKP1qcnh9do3_250.gif

NOPE. You can say he was nicer, better looking, took acting more seriously (truthfully marlon never had any respect for the profession, he thought it was child's play and not actually "work" compared to others :dead:), all that we can banter about any day........but never the acting. he was not the better actor, lol girl you know that's a straight up LIE and the general consensus would agree.

One literally changed acting for his entire generation, HE made strasberg's method what it is today. His technique has been copied, bastardized, revised and emulated by his peers and every generation that came after him (with various levels of success and that's funny because he never claimed to even have one lol).

Hell even Paul (whom I LOVE :in-love: and the poster was right his dressing is so good) said Brando was one of the only actor's he bothered to watch and that excited him, like i said he had James Dean running around trying to copy his diction.

Any critic will tell you the greatest source of frustration a lot of them had in their profession was that Marlon Brando never even reached his potential, he fell out of love with acting before that could happen and only gave a fraction of what he had (funny becasue he felt like even that was too much, he didn't like exposing himeself)......and he STILL slayed. Those performances that people watch and rewatch, the roles he made iconic that still have actors saying his name like a damn prayer weren't even the tip of the iceberg of what he could have done. Marlon Brando is universally considered the greatest actor of his entire generation and one of the greatest of all time (the fantastic Sir Laurence Olivier being one of the others, interestingly different styles too) and he did it with only half a tank, that's insane. Truth is I couldn't argue for Paul even if I wanted to and I won't even begin touch on Marlon's effect on the later generations, long story short every actor you even consider good practically reeks of him

as Jack Nicholson said, for acting there was before Brando.....and then there was after Brando, no one else really mattered.

Again, your favorite actor's favorite actor
tumblr_lq3boaQ12E1qcaefmo1_500.gif

that's not just talk

S/N: That gif just proved again that he was aging so nicely.......and then he hit his 50's and didn't care anymore. Damn it Marlon you greedy fµck! :at-wits-end:

Reaction score
Reactions
47 2 1
Alleybux

Overall - Paul, he aged beautifully. However, young Brando was better looking (blond hair (brown in young Paul's case) & blue eyes don't do it for me).

But I always wondered if Marlon & James Dean got into a fight about the eye fµck!ng Paul gave him at their "East of Eden" screen test.

It was rumored that he and Jimmy had a long term, very turbulent affair.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1sLlcarbu4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1sLlcarbu4[/ame]

Scorpio Rising

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,215 5 16
Alleybux
Brando for sure. Sure, he had more of a bad boy persona but that added edge and xes appeal. Newman was a beautiful man. Definitely more all-American in the looks department. Brando had a very masculine, raw appeal which in my opinion makes him stand out. Brando in Streetcar named desire solidified his sexy.

Lorelei Lee

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,004 97 20
Alleybux
tumblr_mks5h8eiKP1qcnh9do3_250.gif

NOPE. You can say he was nicer, better looking, took acting more seriously (truthfully marlon never had any respect for the profession, he thought it was child's play and not actually "work" compared to others :dead:), all that we can banter about any day........but never the acting. he was not the better actor, lol girl you know that's a straight up LIE and the general consensus would agree.

One literally changed acting for his entire generation, HE made strasberg's method what it is today. His technique has been copied, bastardized, revised and emulated by his peers and every generation that came after him (with various levels of success and that's funny because he never claimed to even have one lol).

Hell even Paul (whom I LOVE :in-love: and the poster was right his dressing is so good) said Brando was one of the only actor's he bothered to watch and that excited him, like i said he had James Dean running around trying to copy his diction.

Any critic will tell you the greatest source of frustration a lot of them had in their profession was that Marlon Brando never even reached his potential, he fell out of love with acting before that could happen and only gave a fraction of what he had (funny becasue he felt like even that was too much, he didn't like exposing himeself)......and he STILL slayed. Those performances that people watch and rewatch, the roles he made iconic that still have actors saying his name like a damn prayer weren't even the tip of the iceberg of what he could have done. Marlon Brando is universally considered the greatest actor of his entire generation and one of the greatest of all time (the fantastic Sir Laurence Olivier being one of the others, interestingly different styles too) and he did it with only half a tank, that's insane. Truth is I couldn't argue for Paul even if I wanted to and I won't even begin touch on Marlon's effect on the later generations, long story short every actor you even consider good practically reeks of him

as Jack Nicholson said, for acting there was before Brando.....and then there was after Brando, no one else really mattered.

tumblr_lq3boaQ12E1qcaefmo1_500.gif

that's not just talk

S/N: That gif just proved again that he was aging so nicely.......and then he hit his 50's and didn't care anymore. Damn it Marlon you greedy fµck! :at-wits-end:

Martin Scorsese said the same thing as well

gya75

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
261,938 13,691 780
Alleybux
Ummm... I really like Paul's eyes but overall I think Marlon is better looking

pucci007

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,180 835 277
Alleybux
tumblr_mks5h8eikp1qcnh9do3_250.gif

nope. You can say he was nicer, better looking, took acting more seriously (truthfully marlon never had any respect for the profession, he thought it was child's play and not actually "work" compared to others :dead:), all that we can banter about any day........but never the acting. He was not the better actor, lol girl you know that's a straight up lie and the general consensus would agree.

One literally changed acting for his entire generation, he made strasberg's method what it is today. His technique has been copied, bastardized, revised and emulated by his peers and every generation that came after him (with various levels of success and that's funny because he never claimed to even have one lol).

Hell even paul (whom i love :in-love: And the poster was right his dressing is so good) said brando was one of the only actor's he bothered to watch and that excited him, like i said he had james dean running around trying to copy his diction.

Any critic will tell you the greatest source of frustration a lot of them had in their profession was that marlon brando never even reached his potential, he fell out of love with acting before that could happen and only gave a fraction of what he had (funny becasue he felt like even that was too much, he didn't like exposing himeself)......and he still slayed. Those performances that people watch and rewatch, the roles he made iconic that still have actors saying his name like a damn prayer weren't even the tip of the iceberg of what he could have done. Marlon brando is universally considered the greatest actor of his entire generation and one of the greatest of all time (the fantastic sir laurence olivier being one of the others, interestingly different styles too) and he did it with only half a tank, that's insane. Truth is i couldn't argue for paul even if i wanted to and i won't even begin touch on marlon's effect on the later generations, long story short every actor you even consider good practically reeks of him

as jack nicholson said, for acting there was before brando.....and then there was after brando, no one else really mattered.

tumblr_lq3boaq12e1qcaefmo1_500.gif

that's not just talk

s/n: That gif just proved again that he was aging so nicely.......and then he hit his 50's and didn't care anymore. Damn it marlon you greedy fµck! :at-wits-end:

this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pucci007

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,180 835 277
Alleybux
Overall - Paul, he aged beautifully. However, young Brando was better looking (blond hair (brown in young Paul's case) & blue eyes don't do it for me).

But I always wondered if Marlon & James Dean got into a fight about the eye fµck!ng Paul gave him at their "East of Eden" screen test.

It was rumored that he and Jimmy had a long term, very turbulent affair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1sLlcarbu4

Damn Paul wanted a piece of that!!!

ex_xoj333

ex_xoj333
Reaction score
Reactions
18,389 102 15
Alleybux
this is like a sophie's choice situation, i cant choose one... its a tie for me cos i found both sexy AF

paul in 'cat on a hot tin roof' is God damn, too sexy ... marlon in 'street car name desire' got me having dirty thoughts

paul had the look of the all american golden boy.. you could imagine him as the popular sexy football star in high school, old money kinda swag, all the cheerleaders are fighting to date him

while marlon had the look of the bad boy.. the sexy biker riding bad boy of high school who ur parents warn u about but u aint got time to listen cos the boy just too fine

omg you sound like you could write a nice story/character analysis..those descriptions were spot on lol

RegimeQueen

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
16,302 1,009 677
Alleybux
Paul Newman. It's not even a contest or debate. He was sexier in his prime, aged better, was a better actor imho and better person overall.

Haha YES. I love it lol! This is like a showdown between the bad boy and the all american type. Marlon to me is like a good bang in the backseat and then its ova lol. He inspires those lower type thoughts :dead: lol. Paul is more like you want to love him, you actually care about the mofo. He inspires deeper kinda thoughts lol. Maybe I'm in the minority on this but thats the best I can describe their appeals lol.
image.jpg

Paul was hubby material, Marlon side jawn material.

TheLionQueen

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
46,856 686 192
Alleybux
As much as I love me some Marlon, I'm gonna have to say Paul. Definitely would have to squeeze my thighs together every time I walked by him

OohGawdDammit

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,862 489 117
Alleybux
Give me younger Brando and older Newman. This is a hard question but what does it for me is Brando's lips and he looked a bit exotic.