Quantcast

Why are black People entertained by bullying & humiliating behavior?

jezebel4aj

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
18,789 2,450 2,375
Alleybux
Why is Bullying so funny to us & the most humiliating things is funny to us.

like in the hood people will beat up someone , then take their shoes & that person has to walk home embarrassed & barefoot.

Or How was the season of basketball wives with keisha even funny. The season when Tammy bullied that lil bi-racial county white girl & made her cry.. I can’t find the clip.
after taking bullied her , she took her purse & made the girl apologize to get it back.
Or when Tammy bullied Meeka the Darkskin girl.

People thought it was funny to laugh when that mixed tape rapper went on national radio & said k-m!chell3 box stink. That’s so very humiliating & idk why people laughed ..

people in the comments & in this girl community laughing at this girl being assaulted .. Look at the comments

Idk it’s so many incidents..

Anyway, I think black People should try & have more empathy for each other ..

Humiliating someone can cause them life long trauma..People should remember that before laughing.

Last edited:

MuffyCrosswire

Seulgi ❤️
Reaction score
Reactions
507,017 16,852 5,391
Alleybux
Roasting, throwing shade, and playing the dozens are big in the black community. When you think about it it's kinda toxic to have all these ways to insult each other. Oh and add battle rapping to the list.

O.o

Black Women Disproportionately @ Risk For Homicide
Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux

like in the hood people will beat up someone , then take their shoes & that person has to walk home embarrassed & barefoot.

Or How was the season of basketball wives with keisha even funny. The season when Tammy bullied that lil bi-racial county white girl & made her cry.. I can’t find the clip.
after taking bullied her , she took her purse & made the girl apologize to get it back.

People thought it was funny to laugh when that mixed tape rapper went on national radio & said k-m!chell3 box stink. That’s so very humiliating & idk why people laughed ..

people in the comments & in this girl community laughing at this girl being assaulted .. Look at the comments

Humiliating someone can cause them life long trauma..People should remember that before laughing.

Mentally ill people enjoy that sh!t

It's not a Black people thing.

Inductive reasoning is a logical fallacy

you cannot draw a conclusion about an entire group of people off of a handful of examples

At some point you guys are going to have to learn basic reasoning skills

Elaya

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
38,091 1,144 346
Alleybux
bc there is a substantial number in our community that* love toxic traumatizing sh!t. I think its a defense mechanism or trauma response. idk

Better? Stop acting like you don't know what was being said.

Last edited:

jezebel4aj

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
18,789 2,450 2,375
Alleybux
Roasting, throwing shade, and playing the dozens are big in the black community. When you think about it it's kinda toxic to have all these ways to insult each other. Oh and add battle rapping to the list.
This battle rapper deserved to get his ass beat. How grown men chuckling at pedo bars??
At least black Women got him together.

AyissiMoroe

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,125 260 102
Alleybux
Every community has a way for individuals to establish dominance over other people. It's not a black people

I mean, white culture gave us 'Mean Girls' and every other iterations of 'Not another highschool teen drama'. and Martha Stewart.
thing.

jeansaprincess

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic;
Reaction score
Reactions
100,261 8,047 3,966
Alleybux
I never got it. Then again I don’t watch love and hip hop or those kind of “throw shade” then get confrontational shows. I wonder why people are entertained by it though. Like people who watch online fights or the Kevin Samuel kinds of videos putting down peoples looks or putting them “in their place”. I don’t enjoy that. But why are you bringing up light skin or biracial people? You think black people enjoy targeting biracials and lighter skinned people?

O.o

Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux
Every community has a way for individuals to establish dominance over other people. It's not a black people

I mean, white culture gave us 'Mean Girls' and every other iterations of 'Not another highschool teen drama'. and Martha Stewart.
thing.
These anti-Black threads are getting really f****** tiring

Like nobody else does this s***?

I told you all this site is 90% non-Black

O.o

Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux
bc we love toxic traumatizing sh!t. I think its a defense mechanism or trauma response. idk
Who is we?

I hate all of that s***

Reality television
Those stupid ass radio shows
Anything where people are being humiliated is very uncomfortable for me

The only people who like that s*** are severely mentally ill

daStampede

Anti-Black Mods' Favorite Target
Reaction score
Reactions
263,158 5,781 1,475
Alleybux
Who tf is "we"?

Black people?

The 80s are filled with movies of white people terrorizing each other and glorifying bullying.

Porkies
Revenge of the Nerds
The Breakfast Club

That's only three because I'd develop carpal tunnel syndrome listing all of the recorded alabaster fuckery.
Who sent you?
Who in the hell left the gate open, again?
:sidefrown

jezebel4aj

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
18,789 2,450 2,375
Alleybux
Mentally ill people enjoy that sh!t

It's not a Black people thing.

Inductive reasoning is a logical fallacy

you cannot draw a conclusion about an entire group of people off of a handful of examples

At some point you guys are going to have to learn basic reasoning skills
Oh ok .. you believe that the demographic for BBW isnt primarily black?
The people laughing & bullying K M!chelle isn’t black ?

where is the white battle rapper saying xesual bars about a white girl child & a bunch of white men chuckle ..

This is about a culture of laughing at humiliating things. This not just a few instances..

the cask

auf bfb
Reaction score
Reactions
923 64 58
Alleybux
Why are white people so entertained by shooting up the school the garlic festival the massage parlors the church and the capitol yet the merry month of may is turning out to be a resounding Don't Protect Black Women Month? Theres that guy that pulled a gun out on quote unquote blm protesters for Breonna Taylor today theres the theater of that woman that ran over blue lives and his lord of the rings return of the king funeral theres Makhia and whats happening to the girl she attacked.. So it's not exactly rocket science but then I remember the past month or so and beyond. It wasn't black women doing all of that. But in honor of this new holiday I have nothing else to say for the rest of this bs month.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,611 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
It is in every culture to have this kind of behavior. White people are very vicious with each other and in fact the root of white society is humilation.The most popular novel of all time Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne was about humiliation.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,611 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
Obviously.

But I think OP’s entire point is that we seem to have an egregious amount of those people in our community, and she wants to know why.

Hood people are not a true reflection of the black community they are the most visible part but not the entire black community. The media plays a role in lifting up this culture .

jezebel4aj

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
18,789 2,450 2,375
Alleybux
I never got it. Then again I don’t watch love and hip hop or those kind of “throw shade” then get confrontational shows. I wonder why people are entertained by it though. Like people who watch online fights or the Kevin Samuel kinds of videos putting down peoples looks or putting them “in their place”. I don’t enjoy that. But why are you bringing up light skin or biracial people? You think black people enjoy targeting biracials and lighter skinned people?
Girl what ? I was describing the girl Tammi was bullying. She was biracial & it was a part of her storyline & why she was fighting with tami. I added that she bullied Meeka the DS girl too.
It’s about bullying period.

YourFavAngel

PM me for Tarot Readings!
Reaction score
Reactions
76,601 3,029 2,231
Alleybux
Hood people are not a true reflection of the black community they are the most visible part but not the entire black community. The media plays a role in lifting up this culture .
Why do y’all always blame hood black folks for the more unfortunate phenomena in the Black community?

The same issues prevalent in the hood are prevalent in Black suburbs and Black rural areas as well. Packaged differently, but still there nonetheless.

The fact that y’all try to shift all the blame onto the hood is very side-eye worthy, in my opinion.

jezebel4aj

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
18,789 2,450 2,375
Alleybux
I feel like if a white artist went on Ryan Seacrest morning show & said Taylor swift box stink .. they would have edited out or let him know that wasn’t a joke. Don’t disrespect women like that.

The white feminist would have dragged that person.

Black ppl laughed - Including a women of color Angela Y33
On a black platform with 4 other black men laughing.

like wtf

That type of stuff sticks to someone & people always think it’s okay to humiliate black People, but women especially.

Elaya

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
38,091 1,144 346
Alleybux
bc we love toxic traumatizing sh!t. I think its a defense mechanism or trauma response. idk
We as a community are generally very closed minded and conservative about a lot of things as well. It's almost like a running joke. Pretty sad.

Call it whatever you want, but stop acting like it isn't prevalent. Ignorant af.

Last edited:

jezebel4aj

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
18,789 2,450 2,375
Alleybux
Y’all remember this went viral & everyone was literally laughing at this victim & made it a Twitter challenge. They would never to a non black girl

This was funny to black Twitter

Makeupmuva

Pretty Rich B*tch That's Easily Triggered
Reaction score
Reactions
76,832 4,113 1,066
Alleybux
This type of toxic behavior runs rampant in the black community and I never understood it. It's downright cruel and mean, and I think it stems from the trauma we experienced years ago and has now become normalized. Bullying is perpetrated and rewarded, you see it more if you look in communities that face economic hardship. It's not funny at all.

CatThot

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
80,510 2,789 1,293
Alleybux

Or when Tammy bullied Meeka the Darkskin girl.

I think more importantly than ignorance and lack of empathy It's a power thing. The powerless try to take power from others by making them vulnerable, in the victim position. Humiliation makes someone appear vulnerable and weak. In this position you are above someone and are protected as opposed to vulnerable. It's a false sense of power though.

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
243,856 6,061 2,384
Alleybux
Well, that make sense, since said behavior was depicted by and marketed to us for entertainment purposes in

giphy-downsized.gif

00dfd123-bff3-4430-8e70-425249dd32d0_text.gif

Oh, wait...

Oooo

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,244 1,696 616
Alleybux
I said when i clicked on this thread that everybody was gunna prentend that they dont know what op was talking about or apply it to ALL groups and I was right

Where is the data to back up black people enjoy bullying and humiliating behavior more than others. From my POV, every group does this. It’s essentially a part of human behavior.

if I said “why is most of the NBA black”. That’s not an assumption. That’s a fact; data backs that up.

jackass was a whole ass show based upon humiliation. It wasn’t just black people who made that show popular.

I would love to see the demographic data if WSHH. That would be good data set to help debunk or support this assumption.

black peoole online have this amazing way of making behaviors that are not relegated to one race into a black people only issue. It’s exhausting.

O.o

Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux
Oh ok .. you believe that the demographic for BBW isnt primarily black?
The people laughing & bullying K M!chelle isn’t black ?

where is the white battle rapper saying xesual bars about a white girl child & a bunch of white men chuckle ..

This is about a culture of laughing at humiliating things. This not just a few instances..
BBW isn't representative of the whole of reality TV show.

Reality TV shows started primarily with white cast members and are predominantly mostly white.

Real World

Surreal Life

And all of the top and most popular reality TV shows feature and are centered on white people.

The 13 Longest Running Reality Shows, Ranked By IMDb Score​

Reality TV covers a multitude of viewing sins - but of the shows that have gone the distance, which get the best scores on IMDb?
BY CHRISTINE PERSAUDPUBLISHED OCT 20, 2020
The reality TV genre began with the launch of the show The Real World in 1992. Once producers saw that viewers loved getting an intimate look into the lives of everyday people in various settings, new shows like Big Brother emerged. Meanwhile, in the competition realm, shows like Survivor, American Idol, and The Challenge hit the airwaves.

It's tough to believe that it has been close to three decades since reality TV became a mainstay of the small screen. And today, there are countless reality shows of all types on the air, from those that feature catty fights and villains to competition series that let players show off their physical prowess.
RELATED:10 Previously Popular Reality TV Shows That Have Since Been Forgotten
Some of the original reality shows are still going, like Project Runway, Hell's Kitchen, and American Idol, while others had a very long run but have since ended, like Cops. How do the longest-running ones, based on number of seasons, rank?

13Keeping Up With The Kardashians (19 Seasons): 2.8​

It's amazing to believe that Keeping Up With The Kardashians actually ranks among the longest-running reality TV series. And it's still going strong with the 19th season having just premiered in September 2020, though this will be its last.
The series, which has a pretty dismal ranking by IMDb viewers, follows the drama-fuelled lives of the Kardashian clan, including mom Kris, her kids Kourtney, Kim, Khloe, Kendall, Kylie, and their respective families and/or love interests and/or social circles. It's the ultimate guilty pleasure for those who just want to lose themselves in trashy TV.

12The Bachelor (24 Seasons): 3.2​

By now, most fans believe a lot of the aspects of The Bachelor are fake, even scripted. And it has become a series all about scandal, drama, tears, betrayal, and yes, still (sort of) love. The premise? One single, eligible bachelor dates more than a dozen women at the same time in hopes of finding his one true love amidst the pack, ending with a proposal.
It's a ridiculous concept yet fans have been eating it up since the show debuted in 2002. The Bachelor has even has spawned tons of spin-offs, including the reverse concept The Bachelorette.

11American Idol (18 Seasons): 4.1​

American Idol is a singing competition show that introduced the world to superstars like Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood, and Chris Daughtry. It was a smash hit when it debuted in 2002, in large part because of Simon Cowell on the judging panel. The British import's brutally honest, often savage, assessments for the contestants made the show worth watching.
RELATED:10 International Reality Shows (& Which Country's Version Is Better)
The series presumably ran its course and was canceled in 2016, only to be revived in 2018. It's now auditioning for the nineteenth season overall and fourth of the new iteration.

10Dancing With The Stars (29 Seasons): 4.6​

Now airing its 29th season, the competition series based on the U.K. version Strictly Come Dancing pairs "celebrities," including actors, musicians, reality TV stars, and athletes, with professional dancers to learn complex dance routines in every genre of music.
They perform the elaborate dances, are judged by a panel and viewers, and one couple is sent home each week. Dancing With the Stars premiered in 2005.

9The Real World (33 Seasons): 4.9​

The one that started it all, this show premiered on MTV in 1992 and actually stills exists on Facebook Watch. The series sees seven or eight young adults living together in a new city, being filmed 24/7 in hopes of capturing capture drama, hilarity, or whatever else viewers might enjoy in a voyeuristic way.
While lauded for its depiction of common issues faced by young adults, from prejudice to sexuality and substance abuse, many also found the series immature.

8The Challenge (35 Seasons): 5.3​

A spin-off of The Real World, this series is presented as a game show whereby contestants compete in extreme challenges for cash prizes and to avoid elimination. The series started as Road Rules: All Stars and was renamed several times through its run.
RELATED:10 Failed Reality Shows That Helped Launch A Star's Career
It used to just accept contestants who were formerly on The Real World but has since expanded to feature other reality show alumni from series like Big Brother and Survivor.

7Big Brother (22 Seasons): 5.4​

Airing 22 seasons over 20 years, including two All-Star seasons, this reality competition show puts a group of people from all ages and places across America into a large house to live together over a summer. But they are completely cut off from the world and filmed 24/7.
Inspired by the George Orwell novel Nineteen Eighty-Four and based on the Dutch TV series of the same name, Big Brother is a guilty pleasure as viewers get to see alliances form, backstabbing, paranoia, and downright boredom as the houseguests try to survive with no phones, television, books, radio, or outside contact.

6America's Next Top Model (24 Seasons): 5.5​

Tyra Banks' show that took aspiring models, showed them the ropes, and helped cultivate the career of one winner each season, has been on the air since 2003 and continues to air, with Rita Ora now at the helm alongside a panel of judges.
America's Next Top Model has spawned more than 30 international versions and while some might say it has become outdated, the series has been considered the inspiration for multi-Emmy-winning shows like RuPaul's Drag Race.

5Cops (32 Seasons): 7.0​

Canceled in 2020 after the George Floyd protests, Cops gave viewers an inside look into police officers dealing with offenders, doing everything from pulling over drivers due to suspected drugs or intoxication to responding to domestic disputes, cracking down on prostitution and drug sales, and more.
RELATED:Alone: 10 Strongest Competitors Of The Reality Show So Far
Airing since way back in 1989, each episode followed a different police officer on patrol somewhere in America.

4Hell's Kitchen (18 Seasons): 7.1​

The reality show that kicked off Gordon Ramsay's career as an American television personality, this one is based on the British series and sees the chef train aspiring young cooks on how to cook, and work in and run a kitchen.
There's plenty of swearing, yelling, screaming, food being thrown and dishes being dissed throughout the best seasons of the show. Hell's Kitchen has captivated fans since 2005.

3Survivor (40 Seasons): 7.2​

Debuting way back in 2000, this reality series focuses on players outwitting, outlasting, and outplaying one another while living as members of different tribes out in the wild in an exotic location. They compete as tribes in the beginning but always play as individuals, with the ultimate goal of being the sole survivor and not getting voted out by tribemates. To do so requires making some big moves in the game.
Survivor, which has won many Emmys through its run, is still going strong with no end in sight. Season 41 will premiere in Fall 2021.

2Project Runway (18 Seasons): 7.3​

Focusing on fashion design, this series was hosted by Heidi Klum from its inception in 2004 through to 2017, alongside Tim Gunn, who serves as designer mentor. The pair have moved on to appear in an Amazon Prime Video original series called Making the Cut, which sounds very similar in concept except it follows designers who already have brands but hope to win money to make them go international.
Project Runway, which follows aspiring fashion designers looking to get noticed, continues to air.

1The Amazing Race (32 Seasons): 7.6​

Already renewed for a 33rd season while season 32 premiered in October 2020, The Amazing Race has been airing since 2001. The premise is the ultimate scavenger hunt: teams of two race around the world, traveling by car, plane, bus, and more to conquer different challenges and make it to the finish line first.
The show has been lauded for its educational value as viewers learn a lot about cultures and traditions from around the world. However, with the COVID-19 pandemic looming, production for season 33 was suspended, so fans might have to wait a little longer to watch new seasons.

NEXT:10 Reality TV Shows To Watch If You Love Big Brother

https://screenrant.com/reality-shows-need-casting-overhaul

Mentally ill people like that sh!t.

It's not a part of Black culture.

Most Black women are not groupies and/or WAGs.

Kleio

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,851 97 50
Alleybux
These anti-Black threads are getting really f****** tiring

Like nobody else does this s***?

I told you all this site is 90% non-Black
This thread isn’t anti-black. We of all people should make it a point to be kinder to each other.

O.o

Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux
It is in every culture to have this kind of behavior. White people are very vicious with each other and in fact the root of white society is humilation.The most popular novel of all time Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne was about humiliation.
Now we know op ain't even never heard of that.

Or the Roman Coliseum

Or public lynchings and executions

None of that exists in OP's world

It's JUST and ONLY Black people according to OP.

Kleio

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,851 97 50
Alleybux
Now we know op ain't even never heard of that.

Or the Roman Coliseum

Or public lynchings and executions

None of that exists in OP's world

It's JUST and ONLY Black people according to OP.
You’re being disingenuous and ignoring a whole world of nuance.

O.o

Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux
Where is the data to back up black people enjoy bullying and humiliating behavior more than others. From my POV, every group does this. It’s essentially a part of human behavior.

if I said “why is most of the NBA black”. That’s not an assumption. That’s a fact; data backs that up.

jackass was a whole ass show based upon humiliation. It wasn’t just black people who made that show popular.

I would love to see the demographic data if WSHH. That would be good data set to help debunk or support this assumption.

black peoole online have this amazing way of making behaviors that are not relegated to one race into a black people only issue. It’s exhausting.
Apparently OP has no formal high school or middle school education and maybe doesn't own a television?

There are so many actual examples that she's clearly ignoring.

O.o

Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux
You’re being disingenuous and ignoring a whole world of nuance.
No I'm giving you the education you obviously didn't receive.

What's more brutal than Derrick Chauvin killing George Floyd?

What's more brutal than a family getting dressed up for a lynching?

You can't name one thing Black people have done to even approach fµck!ng lynching parties.