Quantcast

Why Are Fonts So Boujee About Eating At Certain Fast Food Restaurants Or Chains ?

HoneyButta

Blessed and Highly Favored!
Reaction score
Reactions
114,704 3,164 906
Alleybux
Bottom line is whatever you eat choose the better quality to eat. Meaning, if you are gonna expend calories, carbs and fat for a cupcake anyway then get a cupcake from a damn good bakery unless you just really want a Twinkie or a grocery store cupcake. Same applies to restaurants.

When I want a burger, for ME Shake Shack has the best fast-food burger compared to McD's, Burger King and Wendy's. Doesn't necessarily mean the latter is bad just that Shake Shack is the better option in taste and quality.

HoneyButta

Reaction score
Reactions
114,704 3,164 906
Alleybux
The real ki is that most restaurants get their food from the same three distributors, with Sysco being the most prevalent.

Restaurants are lying about that farm to table sh!t.

It's mostly Sysco to table.

And that's on Mary had a little lamb periodT.

Even the Mom and Pop and ethnic restaurants...

The food industry is corrupt as hell and people are out here eating the same piece of meat and paying different prices at different places.
I wish Sysco had a public retail like GFS and Restaurant Depot (restaurant/store owner membership required).

C Tilly Icahn

Original Groaner
Reaction score
Reactions
59,905 1,649 2,280
Alleybux
it is a millennial thing and goes along with the culture of the twitter fake sjw thing too. folks try to act like they don't eat at certain places and want to eat from places that give more though to health conscious items - organic, environmentally friendly, treat employees well, etc. there have been articles written about this. truth is, most of it is just a front because while sales at places like McDonalds have declined somewhat, the degree of decline does not coincide with the large amount of folks who claim to avoid burger joints like that.

the same ones who be in whole paycheck be in the McDonalds drive thru sunday morning at 1am drunk like everyone else.

asiansauce1

Ya’ll’s favorite Chinese
Reaction score
Reactions
2,845 83 38
Alleybux
Once you have eaten at a high-end white table cloth Italian restaurant, the Olive Garden don't cut it, for example. Quality and taste is totally different. For years I saw the commercials and thought "wow, that look tasty and all the breadsticks and salad too". Chile, I was immediately disappointed because the food was bland and totally not what I have become used to in terms of Italian food over the years. That's it, that's all.
I wouldn’t say that. I’ve eaten at higher end places than chain restaurants and are the same kind of cuisine but sometimes if you just want cheap food just go to the chain restaurants and it taste just fine...

Meliodas

not here.
Reaction score
Reactions
115,318 3,062 1,403
Alleybux
i eat fast food but not AT the fast food restaurant, it's comfort food you eat at home.

i like the ambience and feeling i get at real restaurants plus i can dress up

O.o

Black Women Disproportionately @ Risk For Homicide
Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux

HoneyButta

Reaction score
Reactions
114,704 3,164 906
Alleybux
I wouldn’t say that. I’ve eaten at higher end places than chain restaurants and are the same kind of cuisine but sometimes if you just want cheap food just go to the chain restaurants and it taste just fine...
I'm speaking in terms of better/best options. However, best options do not reflect everybody's accessibility for whatever reasons (transportation, money, etc.). The better option is the high-end authentic Italian restaurant compared to Olive Garden. The best option is the Italian food I make myself or a Michelin star restaurant, again compared to Olive Garden. They are not the same in taste, quality or experience.

I think my POV is more of a discernment for how and where I choose my meals as oppose to "looking down" on a certain restaurant as what the OP is getting at.

ThotWings

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
28,979 808 330
Alleybux
Y'all made me feel bad for liking Applebees. Every time I walk in there I think of y'all and crack theee fµck up.
giphy.webp

Chynna

Keep That Vigor
Reaction score
Reactions
38,926 688 351
Alleybux
Why are fonts so boujee and snobby about fast food and chain restaurants? I’ll eat my Chili’s, Wendy’s, Texas Steakhouse, Chick Fel A, and Cook Out all day and not give a damn what fonts think but they really make me laugh when they sit on here and call a restaurant ghetto or hood like they probably don’t me taking their asses to these places when they’re on lunch break or too lazy to cook for their kids after working that regular ass 9-5

Most of them even look down on people going to chain restaurants on a first date when they probably haven’t been on a date in 4+ years

giphy.gif

So my question is why must these boujee heauxs be so uppity?

Reading Fast Food Nation turned me off from eating most fast food tbh. Especially joints like Mickey D's. And, I used to waitress in college and worked for a restaurant group in Manhattan that owned Fridays' several other joints like it (Applebee's, Houlihan's etc.). We used to get free food and I would always eat salad's for my meal. One day I noticed how tight my clothes were getting, checked the menu and noticed how unhealthy that stuff is. The salad I used to eat regularly (blackened tuna) was 2000 calories. I started peeping menus in other joints and noticed the same trend and stopped consuming that unhealthy mess.

I also like food, like to cook and eat good quality foods. So I indulge in finer food and restaurants. It's not about being bougie. I just am particular about where and how I waste my calories.

Buoyancy

Laugh, it’s funny
Reaction score
Reactions
145,504 6,460 2,541
Alleybux
Once you have eaten at a high-end white table cloth Italian restaurant, the Olive Garden don't cut it, for example. Quality and taste is totally different. For years I saw the commercials and thought "wow, that look tasty and all the breadsticks and salad too". Chile, I was immediately disappointed because the food was bland and totally not what I have become used to in terms of Italian food over the years. That's it, that's all.
Right, There’s more flavor in a pack of ramen than there is in the pasta at Olive Garden

O.o

Black Women Disproportionately @ Risk For Homicide
Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux
Reading Fast Food Nation turned me off from eating most fast food tbh. Especially joints like Mickey D's. And, I used to waitress in college and worked for a restaurant group in Manhattan that owned Fridays' several other joints like it (Applebee's, Houlihan's etc.). We used to get free food and I would always eat salad's for my meal. One day I noticed how tight my clothes were getting, checked the menu and noticed how unhealthy that stuff is. The salad I used to eat regularly (blackened tuna) was 2000 calories. I started peeping menus in other joints and noticed the same trend and stopped consuming that unhealthy mess.

I also like food, like to cook and eat good quality foods. So I indulge in finer food and restaurants. It's not about being bougie. I just am particular about where and how I waste my calories.
The salt and calories in prepared food make it a really bad choice for most people on a regular basis.

Our food supply is trash in the USA.

DrAY112

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
37,178 1,307 99
Alleybux
I'm only picky about eating at chain restaurants when I am out of town. When I am traveling, I want something that I could not get at home...

UbuTheDog

The Good Pureblood Dog. WOOF!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
37,110 4,939 1,758
Alleybux
A mom and pop is way better than a fast food restaurant.

You mean a GOOD mom & pop restaurants. Not all (or even most) Mom & Pop restaurants are good, in my experience.

What's great about chain restaurants is that you're getting a known quality and quantity.

UbuTheDog

Reaction score
Reactions
37,110 4,939 1,758
Alleybux
That’s true. I’m a college student and from a small city in the South so I wouldn’t understand the fine dining y’all are always raving about

That's a fair point.

To someone from a small town, Olive Garden might be fine dining, lol.

I spent time in a small town turned suburbs of a major metro and the natives would do back flips if a Krispy Kreme or Sonic opened.

UbuTheDog

Reaction score
Reactions
37,110 4,939 1,758
Alleybux
When you’re in a major city where you have damn near any food you can think of in reach and paying for a chain like Red Lobster, TGIF, Cheesecake Factory is comparable to mid-range local spot that’s better quality, why not choose the latter? I’ll eat damn anything though. :X3:

But no, I’m not going to chain casual dining places as a date or a hang out, that’s takeout or delivery food. I’ll eat those and fast food just as any food, but it’s really like a thing to pick up or eat for lunch. I don’t sit down at those types of places. I’m sorry but not every place microwaves their food, even with the same food suppliers.
The nice part about living in a major city though is that you have a plethora of options. If I want to eat at a chain restaurants, I have access to every single one imaginable right down the street. If I want to do mom & pop restaurants, I also have access to those right down the street.

This is only true if you live around the wealthy white people though. Not all neighborhoods / suburbs in a major city are equal (as we all know).

UbuTheDog

Reaction score
Reactions
37,110 4,939 1,758
Alleybux
Here in DFW, You can eat out every night of the year and not hit the same spot twice and this does not include fast food chains

Low-key, DFW has the best fast-food scene in the country outside of LA.

Besides the mega chains, it has a bunch of regional chains that be banging too.

Bostonhello

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,495 5,072 186
Alleybux
Low-key, DFW has the best fast-food scene in the country outside of LA.

Besides the mega chains, it has a bunch of regional chains that be banging too.
I hate that there are some fast casual places in DFW area that are not available in Houston Tx. Also there is Starbucks Reserve and I don't think there is a Starbucks Reserve in Houston Tx. :sad7

Bostonhello

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,495 5,072 186
Alleybux
That's a fair point.

To someone from a small town, Olive Garden might be fine dining, lol.

I spent time in a small town turned suburbs of a major metro and the natives would do back flips if a Krispy Kreme or Sonic opened.
My mom got some lasagna from Olive Garden but they burned the bottom of the lasagna.

Sonic isn't that good in general but I could see people flipping if a krispy Kreme where to open.

Bostonhello

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,495 5,072 186
Alleybux
The salt and calories in prepared food make it a really bad choice for most people on a regular basis.

Our food supply is trash in the USA.
the unprepared meat from the grocery is trash too unless you are buying from a butcher shop and organic meat too.

HoneyButta

Reaction score
Reactions
114,704 3,164 906
Alleybux
the unprepared meat from the grocery is trash too unless you are buying from a butcher shop and organic meat too.
Correct because "small butchers and restaurants take the Prime grade meats first and whatever is leftover go out to the grocery stores as Choice and Select; Choice is better than Select". This statement came from a butcher my immediate and extended family been going to for years. When you know, you know!:love:

edit:typo

Last edited:

Bostonhello

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,495 5,072 186
Alleybux
Correct because "small butchers and restaurants take the Prime grade meats first and whatever is leftover go out to the grocery stores as Choice and Select; Choice is better than Select". This statement came from a butcher my immediate and extended family been going to for years. When you know, you know!:love:

edit:typo
dp

Last edited: