Quantcast

Why are light skinned black women lumped in with biracial light skinned women?

Dobby

Rookie
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
241 9 12
Alleybux
Everyone’s “mixed”. Even Megan in your avi has admixture. Having admixture ≠ recent mixture. Light skin people have as much admixture as brown skin people and as dark skin people. You can’t go on phenotype.

And the bolded part isn’t true. You can be light skin and have brown skin parents. And the “extent” you’re talking about is hundreds of years ago.
THIS!

Tworoads4

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,249 37 67
Alleybux
Nah you’re the weird one.
You don’t know what skin colors came off of those ships. Dark skin people always down playing light skinned black people and then try to blame us for their insecurities and inferior attitudes.

Light skinned people aren’t the problem.
white people are.
take up your issues with them.

We do know. And that individual is right there are old slave photos from all over and there was no variation, barley any light skin people. There also writings describing the skin tone of the slaves and there is no mention of light skin slaves till way later that clearly tells you that it’s mixture. Black people just don’t want to be and except blackness and it’s sad

Bluefinesse

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
648 13 16
Alleybux
I'm dark skinned and was ostracized by black people because of it. So don't feel bad about it.

lirxah9

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
65,631 2,737 560
Alleybux
I've noticed it over the years but it’s becoming more apparent that some people really don’t see the difference between someone who is biracial and someone who is mono racial.

Like take this tweet, Chloe x Halle are two mono racial black women i.e they have two black parents

Yara is a biracial black women, her mother is black and her father is Iranian.

I’m confused as to what there is to ‘police’ with CxH,

Also I fail to see how they are ‘lighter’ they look the same shade

upload_2020-9-17_17-52-41.jpeg

gracie13

“I am Hippolyta! I am Hippolyta!
Reaction score
Reactions
328,107 8,179 3,883
Alleybux
I never considered them light skinned. Maybe light brown!

Lol colorism threads are so interesting.

CerebralRecess

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
91,381 1,793 1,103
Alleybux
Looks like one person’s opinion. I always take thoughts like this as more of a view of how people need to see themselves and the need to identify than about the topic of discussion. It doesn’t really matter how a trend like this moves, if you don’t move with it. It’s rooted in things and perspectives that don’t have anything to do with you as an individual.

AwareNTired

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
162,033 6,627 3,386
Alleybux
Simpletons so busy trying to claim biracials that they throw the term "light-skinned" around. In my days, as far as I know, that term was used to describe full black people, and mixed girls were mixed girls. Something happened in the early 2000s where people started conflating sht.

girl6_nyc

Looking for the hoochie daddies (where they at?)
Reaction score
Reactions
204,812 7,233 2,390
Alleybux
I don't know where it started but I don't like it at all. I'm a ADOS, my complexion is light and all my life never had a people throw me in the mix with biracial women. Now the past few years people have been throwing me in with the biracials. I'm not biracial. I don't want to be lumped in with biracials either.

LULLABILL

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
47,113 1,906 2,574
Alleybux
Twitter is where the unintelligent section of society congregate and voice their opinions and also meet other people with opinions like themselves thereby creating a safe space where stupid ideas are disseminated.

Don't take it seriously.

I've said it before, when Chloe X Halle become big, their blackness will be erased....they're considered brown skinned now but the moment they start topping the charts, they will be considered light.

Look at Megan for example, now LSA claims she ain't dark and doesn't really experience colorism

confusedBG

ʞɔnq ǝʍ 'ʞɔnuʞ ʎǝɥʇ uǝɥʍ
Reaction score
Reactions
5,424 22 10
Alleybux
Chloe does look a little lighter in some pictures, but it's usually the lighting/ flashback from makeup. I'm pretty sure both of them are brown skinned in more natural light.
cxh.jpg
chloexhalle.jpg

Stormy_Weather

“You Bit**es Ain’t Humble Enough”
Reaction score
Reactions
478,197 8,519 2,296
Alleybux
Because when people look at a person, they class them based on their complexion, not their parentage, because most of the time they don’t know these people’s parents

DULOVEMEDO

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
74,788 7,024 1,807
Alleybux
What is called red boned and light skin has changed over the years.....and honestly....why does it even matter? lol

Azuraaa

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,441 2,656 1,331
Alleybux
When considering racism against blacks, we consider it through the gaze of white people, right?

They judge with their eyes, not on whether you have 2 black parents. 1 is enough for them to consider you black, even if they know you're mixed.

Then there is the other side of black people... who have opinions on colourism and feel light-skinned blacks benefit from the same privilege as biracials.

Bring those 2 things together and naturally many people do group them as the same.

Ultimately what does it matter, people know whether they are black or mixed, as do those they're close to.

LoveSupreme

01/06/21 - Planet of the Apes Day -
Reaction score
Reactions
134,304 8,451 7,808
Alleybux
Light skin people and bi-facials are not stopping you from being who you are.

Entertainment is full of dark people - brown to black - that you purposely overlook and erase because you are so colorstruck.

l swear; if it wasn’t for the excellent generation that came before us; we would all be back on the farkin plantation. All of this plantation thinking and talking is sick and of no use to black people.

Picking apart ourselves and being agitated because a light skin black is in the room is doing service for Trump and his racist administration. Self-hatred is one of the hallmarks of White Supremacy.

lirxah9

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
65,631 2,737 560
Alleybux
Twitter is where the unintelligent section of society congregate and voice their opinions and also meet other people with opinions like themselves thereby creating a safe space where stupid ideas are disseminated.

Don't take it seriously.

I've said it before, when Chloe X Halle become big, their blackness
will be erased....they're considered brown skinned now but the moment they start topping the charts, they will be considered light.

Look at Megan for example, now LSA claims she ain't dark and doesn't really experience colorism
I mean it’s kinda already happening, I saw someone say that Halle’s casting as Ariel isn’t a big deal bc she’s light skinned and can pass as biracial, but just last year everyone was celebrating

The irony is, CxH haven’t really blown up, so I know if they do, they’re gonna end up calling 2 black girls with locs, racially ambiguous

Swan

Secular Woman
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
399,963 5,387 939
Alleybux
Because a lot, A LOT of people ignorantly assume that light-skinned women ARE bi-racial or mixed.

Cheesycorn

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
266 1 3
Alleybux
Light skin and biracial are different but there’s overlap. At the end of the day, race is a construct. But, if anyone made me define it, I would put phenotype over ancestry. I know that may seem flawed as physical characteristics seem fickle - especially if an individual looks to be a different race than their parents. However, ancestry is more flawed. If ancestry was so important, to determine race we would have to look at an ancestor’s ancestor and so on. That leads to a long path of nothingness. What we really do is determine a descendant’s race via an ancestor’s phenotype. If someone says their black bc their mom is black, we look to see if the mom looks physically black. So, even in ancestry, phenotype is largely considered - which means on top of having its own flaws, ancestry picks up phenotype’s flaws. And it makes no sense to ignore an individual’s phenotype as it pertains to their race but consider the phenotype of someone in relation to that individual. I think ppl use ancestry bc it seems to be rooted in something outside of phenotype, but it’s not. Furthermore, socially, both have an impact. But, I would say phenotype is more considered than ancestry.

Krazy Godyss

Laughing at the Leftovers
Reaction score
Reactions
38,963 690 416
Alleybux
The "Black when convenient" committee does this to get away with using Black People for a support base or stepping stool.
The piggyback is just a way to blend in.

Everyone fighting to keep blacks as they stepping stool or support base.

They'll trash BW but at the same time guilt trip us for support because they sub group ain't
large enough to stand on it's own.

I can say atleast they not out here calling us men and giving us un asked for sub names :disdain

Don't get me wrong there are times when all POC women can come together for common issues but when it comes to black women everyone wants to lead us, everyone wants to tell our story and control every last single one of our safe spaces.

This just a overall rant on how all the other groups want to have their representation and be ours to.

Overitall

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
169,940 6,762 4,422
Alleybux
The "Black when convenient" committee does this to get away with using Black People for a support base or stepping stool.
The piggyback is just a way to blend in....

Everyone fighting to keep blacks as they stepping stool or support base.

They'll trash BW but at the same time guilt trip us for support because they sub group ain't
common issues but when it comes to black women everyone wants to lead us, everyone wants to tell our story and control every last single one of our safe spaces.

This just a overall rant on how all the other groups want to have their representation and be ours to.[/QUOTE]
Yes!
Almost missed the gem at the end. All Real Talk. So nice to see some.

midori2016

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
26,274 6,375 10,487
Alleybux
People don't treat light skinned black people who ID as fully black the same as they treat any black people who ID as mixed.
There have even been studies proving this, regardless of appearance, blacks ID'd as "mixed" are viewed more favorably as those ID'd as "black"
I disagree. Meghan Markle who is an ambiguious looking biracial got ran out of England due to blatant racism.

midori2016

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
26,274 6,375 10,487
Alleybux
LSA is obsessed over biracials lord!
Light skin= two black parents with distant admixture of white or other.
Biracial= one white parent or other with a black parent.
Again same question different day.
Yes and the majority of the time you can tell the difference because they dont look the same.
The big indicators are hair texture and facial features BEFORE skin tone. Skin tone is the least determining factor. Usually light skin with very kinky hair is NOT biracial.

But there are exceptions too. Scientists did experiments testing dna on these Solomon Islanders and they are pure and unmixed. Originally came from Africa. They just genetically mutated to have blonde curly hair on thier own. All of human kind comes from Africa. Black Africans without admixture can create so called biracial looking people.

blacks-with-natural-blonde-hair-in-ancient-solomon-islands-wealthgad.jpg

434d448fcfa9b6738f7db74d694672cb.jpg

20210410_111201.jpg

Last edited:

midori2016

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
26,274 6,375 10,487
Alleybux
NO light skin black people come from 2 parent who have African ancestry

and would accurately represent black people in certain scenarios

people who have a non black parent parent are NOT black

I disagree and I dont take the view that they arent black because they DO still have substantial African subsaharan dna. They are both black and both European. They arent a new hybrid. Most of the time they look more African. It would be highly confusing to say they arent black when they still look black.

As a reminder the human race comes from Africa so Europeans and Asians are still part Africans in reality just mutated.

Last edited:

midori2016

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
26,274 6,375 10,487
Alleybux
Absolutely not, my own sister is lighter than most bi-racial people (like Keke Wyatt light) and she has two black parents. She's black through and through doesn't have any racial or cultural identity issues and doesn't relate to mixed people at all. I think the identity issues that mixed people face are directly correlated to them *usually, not always* having a self-hating black father and a insecure and unaware white mother.
Skin tone matters the LEAST in determining race and admixture.

Millions of very very dark Admixed South Asians with straight silky black hair
20210314_130029.jpg

African American dna Tests
20210122_125704.jpg

light skinned black
20210219_145532.jpg

Last edited:

midori2016

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
26,274 6,375 10,487
Alleybux
Excuse me but Black American often see Biracial as Black as well. Look at who y'all are calling the first Black president
Obama looks black . And his white mom side has proven African slave mixture. Look it up, it is published. So technically Obama is majority African.

midori2016

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
26,274 6,375 10,487
Alleybux
THere is Lightskin Africans with no Admixture but it's only the Khoi san which you have little to No connection at all with them.

The rest of Lightskin African is a result of Foreign Presence. Rather you like it or not, Maybe it's not in a greater scale like Black DOS but Europeans, Arabs and Desi/Asians have also contribute to Africans racial make up so take some random Lightskin (West/Central/East) African as a way to prove that there is Lightskin African is useless
Its not only Khoisans. Nigerian Igbos, Congo people, Guinea, Niger, Mali,, Central African Chad people and East Africans especially Ethiopians can be light skinned without admixture.

Light and dark skin EXISTS ALL over subsaharan Africa.
All Black Africans arent dark

100 percent light skinned African

Ethiopian dna test

100 percent West African Nigerian Igbos lighter skinned
Watch "100% "Unicorn" African 23andMe DNA & How It Affects Blacks" on YouTube

Last edited:

midori2016

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
26,274 6,375 10,487
Alleybux
Majority of the times you are what you look like. Black peoples do not come in all shades they come in black and have become lighter because of mixture. You can look at any Authentic isolated tribe no matter the race and they will be dark. You look crazy to say you're black but your skin is almost white. Obviously something isn’t right unless you albino.
INCORRECT .Not true. Skin tone does not only determine admixture

This woman above has a dark skinned sister.

Black people need to stop internalizing racism and views that we have no diversity. Black Africans are the MOST diverse group in the world. The world is admixed with US not vice versa. Humans came from Africa. And lived in Africa under many different looks, skin tones, hair textures before migrating out and mutating more.

Asians and European, Caucasians are diverse from being part Africans. Native Africans are the only historically pure people in the world. And they are very diverse.

The only people I consider admixed is if one has parents of 2 completely different races. Because if you go back far enough most people are mixed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
2,659 40 5
Alleybux
If we as a people looked at the bigger picture we would truly understand that there is a divisive agenda going on and I really wish we would wake tf up!

LeBronFan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
46,802 2,676 1,826
Alleybux
I suspect it's just their way of mistreating light skinned Black ladies, who have two Black biological Parents.

Their actions could be rooted in jealousy or their actions could be the resulted of being confused.
Jealously Definition:

1. A feeling of unhappiness and anger because someone has something or someone that you want.

2. A resentment towards someone for a perceived advantage or superiority they hold.

jealousy

jealousy — definition, examples, related words and more at Wordnik

Confused Definition:

1. Being unable to think with clarity or act with understanding and intelligence.

2. Lacking logical order or sense.

3. Making no sense; illogical.

confused — definition, examples, related words and more at Wordnik

Combination Definition:

1. A result of two or more things joining together.

combination
Or a combination of things.

You know what I realized light skinned Black ladies have in common, with ladies who only have one biological Black Parent?
Neely Fuller Jr- ONLY 3 Categories Of People

It's that they're both Non-White ladies.
Neely Fuller Jr- Why Only 3 Categories

I do my best to not forget that, regardless of their skin complexion.
Just my personal thoughts and views (04/10/2021).
Peace.
:peace

midori2016

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
26,274 6,375 10,487
Alleybux
I suspect it's just their way of mistreating light skinned Black ladies, who have two Black biological Parents.

Their actions could be rooted in jealousy or their actions could be the resulted of being confused.
Jealously Definition:

1. A feeling of unhappiness and anger because someone has something or someone that you want.

2. A resentment towards someone for a perceived advantage or superiority they hold.

jealousy

jealousy — definition, examples, related words and more at Wordnik

Confused Definition:

1. Being unable to think with clarity or act with understanding and intelligence.

2. Lacking logical order or sense.

3. Making no sense; illogical.

confused — definition, examples, related words and more at Wordnik

Combination Definition:

1. A result of two or more things joining together.

combination
Or a combination of things.

You know what I realized light skinned Black ladies have in common, with ladies who only have one biological Black Parent?
Neely Fuller Jr- ONLY 3 Categories Of People

It's that they're both Non-White ladies.
Neely Fuller Jr- Why Only 3 Categories

I do my best to not forget that, regardless of their skin complexion.
Just my personal thoughts and views (04/10/2021).
Peace.
:peace

Yes the dark skin women,light skinned women, biracial women have the same thing in common especially in America , South America and the Carribean. Admixture is NOT determined by dark or light skin alone. There are OTHER factors.

Dark skin African American dna test
20210122_125704.jpg

PEOPLE REALLY NEED TO STOP MAKING THESE DIVISIONS.

Shameful 666

Slits Wrists
Reaction score
Reactions
53,383 3,743 4,525
Alleybux
Culturally, the Currys have no definitive white/nonblack ancestor for at least two generations. Y'all think their cultural experience is the same as someone where half of their family is white or Asian? Being from the South, I've had so many friends who are LIGHT BRIGHT and their whole family, even their parents, are brown or dark-skinned. We have far more in common than they would with someone like Rashida Jones.

Many black folk have such a myopic view of blackness. Color is seriously the least important measure of blackness. Kewns come in every color.
Yes, Sonya Curry disagrees that she is the same as a biracial woman. At least she did on Jada’s Red Table Talk. Her biracial daughter-in-law said she feels like people make her choose; Sonya said there is no confusion on her part and she never felt like she had to choose. She is Black and has no connection to whiteness at all. It is what it is, but light-skinned ADOS and biracials really are not the same. The experience of growing up in a two parent Black home vs. having a parent of a different race are different.

@Sprite97 Rochelle Aytes has two Black parents. I don’t know who the others are.

Z ANOMALY

Napping Through the Apocalypse
Reaction score
Reactions
3,119 171 134
Alleybux
I once had a biracial best friend in high school. Although we shared a similar phenotype, I quickly found out we were not as similar as I thought.

The things she ate that were prepared by her white mother, were things that I wasnt accustomed to, such a green bean casserole and rare cooked meats.

She also would go to Germany each year with her German grandmother, while my ass stayed in the states for summers lol and I’ll admit I was a bit jealous. Financially, we weren’t too far apart ( her parents vs my parents atleast but it seems her grandmother was loaded), but she definitely had access to resources (white generational wealth) that I did not.

ShesImmaculate

dare to believe
Reaction score
Reactions
13,316 472 252
Alleybux
Color similarities mainly. Also biracial/mixed and LS in the U.S. are one and the same systematically.

A light complexioned biracial gets booked in jail as a LS African American person, the same designation as that one fully black LS cousin of yours who isn't even that light

No one should be offended

KING REIDYZ

最もハンサム
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
32 36 126
Alleybux
Because scientifically, lighter skin Black people with very loose curls have a significant amount of “other DNA”. It’s just science.

EDIT: Please open y’all eyes and READ. I’m talking ONLY about racially ambiguous Black peoples since those are the people OP is asking about.

Which is no surprised that some Biracial people look like average light skin “Black” women. IE: Yara Shahidi, JewJewBee, Amandla Stenberg look like light skin black woman because they prob have the same genetic makeup as someone whose Black extremely light skin and curly hair.

Please don’t @ me unless you’re gonna come at me with Science, facts, and human anthropology.

ETA: this isn’t the oppression Olympics. Racism and colorism are two different things. I’m not a fan of Chrissie but she deals with COLORISM. Which is the discrimination against people with darker skin WITHIN a race (dark skin blacks, Asians etc deal with colorism). Your last sentence is talking about RACISM. Which is the discrimination against people from OTHER races. Hope that helps.
Lol no, there's fully Africans people who are lighskinned, this has nothing to do with having others ancestry

midori2016

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
26,274 6,375 10,487
Alleybux
Lol no, there's fully Africans people who are lighskinned, this has nothing to do with having others ancestry

Yes I posted 2 dna tests of fully black light skinned black Africans. People just want to keep pushing racist stereotypes. But I discovered many people posting here are not actually black.

Unmixed dna test 100 percent black South African her sister is dark skinned.

KING REIDYZ

最もハンサム
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
32 36 126
Alleybux
Yes I posted 2 dna tests of fully black light skinned black Africans. People just want to keep pushing racist stereotypes. But I discovered many people posting here are not actually black.

Unmixed dna test 100 percent black South African her sister is dark skinned.

eeeeh eehhhe zumamam eeeeh EEEEH