Quantcast

Why aren't there any Black women fighting in the UFC?

Furious_Styles

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,417 2,399 4,799
Alleybux
Edit:
Why aren't there any Black women doing MMA?

az9pvq.jpg

106astd.jpg

wtsneu.jpg

2v9bs45.jpg

Furious_Styles

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,417 2,399 4,799
Alleybux
We love to fight? Ok...

I said "some", don't take it out of context. Some white women love to fight, some Hispanic women love to fight.... difference is some of those women are actually going pro. I was asking why haven't any BW chosen to go pro?

Jen Lawrence

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,356 31 20
Alleybux
"Considering how much some black women love to fight"

Oh :eyeroll:

Oshun_

Starter
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I said the same thing.

Ugh I bet black women would take over.

IIOO

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,793 11,773 29,821
Alleybux
The pay is terrible, and possibly a lesbian sport like the WNBA. It also requires you to exercise and diet.

Furious_Styles

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,417 2,399 4,799
Alleybux
Y'all really going to come in here acting like no BW like to fight? Hearing that there are some BW that enjoy fighting offends you? Hahaha miss me with that BS.

Fawnt

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
43 6 2
Alleybux
Why, to perpetuate the stereotype that savage, manly, angry black women can take a brutal beating? To make mainstream society think that a few black women represent all black women as violent and aggressive fighters? To give people a reason to justify men or women ganging up on, overpowering, and assaulting black women due to associated media perceptions?

I'm glad there are no black UFC fighters and I hope it stays that way.

Harvey2Face

Question Everything
Reaction score
Reactions
224 4 10
Alleybux
I think most people just don't want to be punched in the face for a living...

Furious_Styles

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,417 2,399 4,799
Alleybux
Why, to perpetuate the stereotype that savage, manly, angry black women can take a brutal beating? To make mainstream society think that a few black women represent all black women as violent and aggressive fighters? To give people a reason to justify men or women ganging up on, overpowering, and assaulting black women due to associated media perceptions?

I'm glad there are no black UFC fighters and I hope it stays that way.

Is that how you feel about BW that are boxers?

MISSterZ

Old Head
Reaction score
Reactions
7,324 240 172
Alleybux
I get it. Why fight on world hip hop star for free when you can actually make $$$ like these others.

Blacks stay losing

SlowJamz

freaks gon' bob to this.
Reaction score
Reactions
31,060 1,154 251
Alleybux
Y'all really going to come in here acting like no BW like to fight? Hearing that there are some BW that enjoy fighting offends you? Hahaha miss me with that BS.

you honestly don't see anything wrong or offensive about your comment? considering the many stereotypical things that are put out all over the internet about blacks, specifically our women? you're an ignorant prick or just a troll.

miss me with THAT bµllsh!t.

Yeezy West

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
The pay is terrible, and possibly a lesbian sport like the WNBA. It also requires you to exercise and diet.

I rarely watch womens basketball but is it a requirement for a woman to be homosexual to play :glasses-nerdy:?

:wilt::eyeroll:
@IceCold718

did you not sense my sarcasm?

Monika

YourWorstNightmare
Reaction score
Reactions
1,834 59 27
Alleybux
My face is too pretty for that and I'm not angry.

Those bishes are ugly so they can afford a hit to the face they already ugly.

Furious_Styles

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,417 2,399 4,799
Alleybux
I think most people just don't want to be punched in the face for a living...

The question isn't why aren't most BW choosing to be a fighter, that's understandable. But why aren't the BW that DO like to fight not choosing to at least get paid while doing it?

SickMyDuck

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
752 4
Alleybux
Why does that hoe in the OP have yellow soles?

Furious_Styles

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,417 2,399 4,799
Alleybux

you honestly don't see anything wrong or offensive about your comment? considering the many stereotypical things that are put out all over the internet about blacks, specifically our women? you're an ignorant prick or just a troll.

miss me with THAT bµllsh!t.

Do you have reading comprehension problems? I never said all Black women love to fight. It's not stereotypical to say "some black women like to fight"! Some women of ALL races like to fight! Does hearing that make you cry?? Fuk is up with these super sensitive fonts in here?

There ARE BW that like to fight... that is FACT. Just like some BM like to fight, but some BM actually will chose to make a career out of what they enjoy doing.

Pygmy

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
1,207 54 78
Alleybux
I said "some", don't take it out of context. Some white women love to fight, some Hispanic women love to fight.... difference is some of those women are actually going pro. I was asking why haven't any BW chosen to go pro?

I'mma be real, I think only people who don't really have anything else going for them resort to something like that to make a living; most people aren't trying to take a fist to the face (or bash someone else's head in) for a few bucks. Truth.

That sh!t is barbaric and it's weird to me that you're even asking why more black women don't do this. Why aren't you asking why more black women aren't ballet dancers? *sideyes you*

Furious_Styles

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,417 2,399 4,799
Alleybux
I'mma be real, I think only people who don't really have anything else going for them resort to something like that to make a living; most people aren't trying to take a fist to the face (or bash someone else's head in) for a few bucks. Truth.

That sh!t is barbaric and it's weird to me that you're even asking why more black women don't do this. Why aren't you asking why more black women aren't ballet dancers? *sideyes you*

It could start as a hobby. You can find some BW training at MMA gyms and there are some BW that are amateur MMA fighters. So given that observation, it's a logical question to ask why aren't they going pro? Maybe the money isn't good enough.

I don't watch ballet. I just bought the UFC game on PS4 and it includes the women's division. It really stands out there's no diversity because it's nothing but white women. That's what made me post the question.

Do LSA women hate Laila Ali?

2njlkcw.jpg

Y'all deny her existence or pretend she didn't enjoy fighting / boxing?

Mari Jiwe

returnofthelion
Reaction score
Reactions
70,988 2,857 1,965
Alleybux
A better question would be, why aren't there more black female gymnasts? These twerkers on YouTube are doing all sorts of splits and handstands.

OG Turtle

MVP
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
138 1 8
Alleybux
A lot of the people in this thread missed the part where the OP said "some black women"

Pygmy

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
1,207 54 78
Alleybux
It could start as a hobby. You can find some BW training at MMA gyms and there are some BW that are amateur MMA fighters. So given that observation, it's a logical question to ask why aren't they going pro? Maybe the money isn't good enough.

I don't watch ballet. I just bought the UFC game on PS4 and it includes the women's division. It really stands out there's no diversity because it's nothing but white women. That's what made me post the question.

2njlkcw.jpg

Y'all deny her existence or pretend she didn't enjoy fighting / boxing?

I don't have anything against Laila Ali but I think what she DOES for a living, is horrible. Period. I don't watch UFC, and like I said, it's weird to me that out of all the careers you wonder about why there's no black women, one that involves violence is the one that you're all worked up about and feel like more black women should be encouraged to go into that bµllsh!t.

Like I said, there's a lack of black women in much more worthy areas. Ballet...and why aren't there more black women doctors, physics majors, etc? Out of all the sh!t to sit and worry about black women not being into...I wonder about you, dude. Seriously.

Ain't nobody trying to get into that UFC sh!t. Let white women have that sh!t. We want more than that, and we don't want to be remembered for how fast we broke some other human being's nose.

#yousuck

Pineapple Pvssy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
9,404 474 116
Alleybux
lack of resources, training facilities, and support. I think that Black people are the most athletic and Black women would kill at this sport

Furious_Styles

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,417 2,399 4,799
Alleybux
I don't have anything against Laila Ali but I think what she DOES for a living, is horrible. Period. I don't watch UFC, and like I said, it's weird to me that out of all the careers you wonder about why there's no black women, one that involves violence is the one that you're all worked up about and feel like more black women should be encouraged to go into that bµllsh!t.

Like I said, there's a lack of black women in much more worthy areas. Ballet...and why aren't there more black women doctors, physics majors, etc? Out of all the sh!t to sit and worry about black women not being into...I wonder about you, dude. Seriously.

Ain't nobody trying to get into that UFC sh!t. Let white women have that sh!t. We want more than that, and we don't want to be remembered for how fast we broke some other human being's nose.

#yousuck

First of all, how is posting a question in a thread "getting all worked up" over something? It's nothing but a simple question, but perhaps I should have realized how many sensitive women to try to find a way to be offended by it. You don't like boxing, MMA, or fighting in general, but you chose to participate in a thread about it and ask why the thread isn't about ballet or doctors? Hahaha are you serious?

Queen Love

"Republicans eat their young!" - Donald J. Trump
Reaction score
Reactions
85,449 11,101 481
Alleybux
A lot of the people in this thread missed the part where the OP said "some black women"

No, I didn't miss it.

The way the question was posed is what's inflammatory.

"Why aren't there any Black women doing MMA?" (end of question and all that needed to be said)

As to the question...

MMA fighters have years of training in various disciplines.

Maybe Black women aren't interested in training in these disciplines or maybe they don't have adequate funds to get trained.

As a person who asked the question he should know that MMA is more than simply "fighting" with fists. :disdain:

Pineapple Pvssy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
9,404 474 116
Alleybux
A better question would be, why aren't there more black female gymnasts? These twerkers on YouTube are doing all sorts of splits and handstands.

There is a lot of misguided talent within the Black community, and sometimes you have to wonder why

Pygmy

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
1,207 54 78
Alleybux
First of all, how is posting a question in a thread "getting all worked up" over something? It's nothing but a simple question, but perhaps I should have realized how many sensitive women to try to find a way to be offended by it. You don't like boxing, MMA, or fighting in general, but you chose to participate in a thread about it and ask why the thread isn't about ballet or doctors? Hahaha are you serious?

Apparently you're too much of an imbecile to even get the point.

It's not about UFC it's bigger than that, although your little mind can't seem to grasp it.

There's a number of areas where black women are underrepresented. Out of all the other areas where you should be wondering why there aren't more black women (neurosurgeons is another good one), the one that made you feel enough to want to start a thread, was wondering why there aren't more black women signed up for a "career" that involves beating people up?

You fµck!ng asshole.

Choke on your ignorance.

...Wait, scratch that, you already are.

Editing to Add : I should start a thread asking "Why Aren't More Black Men Hit Men?", and then go "Y'know, because some of ya'll are real good at using firearms", and then you'd want to get offended and sh!t. fµck you.

Furious_Styles

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,417 2,399 4,799
Alleybux
No, I didn't miss it.

The way the question was posed is what's inflammatory.

"Why aren't there any Black women doing MMA?" (end of question and all that needed to be said)

As to the question...

MMA fighters have years of training in various disciplines.

Maybe Black women aren't interested in training in these disciplines or maybe they don't have adequate funds to get trained.

As a person who asked the question he should know that MMA is more than simple "fighting" :disdain:

Fair enough, I edited the original question to keep it simple.

I'm well aware MMA is more than one discipline. There are BW that train MMA already, so maybe it is a case of lack of support to get them to the next level.

Furious_Styles

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,417 2,399 4,799
Alleybux
Apparently you're too much of an imbecile to even get the point.

It's not about UFC it's bigger than that, although your little mind can't seem to grasp it.

There's a number of areas where black women are underrepresented. Out of all the other areas where you should be wondering why there aren't more black women (neurosurgeons is another good one), the one that made you feel enough to want to start a thread, was wondering why there aren't more black women signed up for a "career" that involves beating people up?

You fµck!ng asshole.

Choke on your ignorance.

...Wait, scratch that, you already are.

Lol, you have more emotions than Carl Thomas. Take your box of kleenex and go start a thread about a lack of BW neurosurgeons.

TYMchick

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
19,609 425 57
Alleybux
lack of resources, training facilities, and support. I think that Black people are the most athletic and Black women would kill at this sport
This. UFC is very specialized and you need to have the proper resources and access to training facilites. Even black men are a minority in UFC so not having any black women UFC fighters shouldn't be surprising. No doubt though if a black woman had proper training for UFC she'd probably whoop ass. If I were one of these UFC trainers I'd be looking for the Serena Williams of UFC but hey that's just me.

Rhonda Rousey was a Judo athlete before a UFC fighter. Her mom was also a judo athlete so she grew up exposed to this world even though judo and UFC fighting aren't the same.

Maxine Shaw

LSA Attorney-at-LOL
Reaction score
Reactions
32,263 160 90
Alleybux

I do, but it's because she ducked Ann Wolfe.

To answer the question, you don't see black women in MMA because promoters go through great lengths to push women of color out of the spotlight. I should know - I've been training in MMA since 2002, and I watched my less-talented but more promotable training partners get chances to fight. Black and Hispanic women are encouraged to take up boxing. The truth is that nobody wants to see this happening to "pretty" white girls.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h-hmcnlmrQ"]Vonda Ward Vs. Ann Wolfe (Incredible Knockout) CSIsports.tv - YouTube[/ame]

Grand opening...grand closing.

LurkBae

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
9,305 63 136
Alleybux
And ruin all this black beauty? Nah...

tumblr_inline_mpjn8cardA1qz4rgp.gif

Let them beastly chicks have that sh!t. We're good.