Quantcast

Why did church start at 10:30 and ended at 1:45?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilMissSunshine

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
7,318 2 4
Alleybux
MyHunnyB923 said:
Wait a minute Shante, you can't just put it on Baptists, there are other denominations who go past Baptists on the extreme level.

I don't see where praising the Lord openly is putting on a show. Now, I do know of some churches that will put on a show because their hearts aren't in it and they just like to be seen. But a Pastor will only do what their congregation will allow them to do. Tithing is not just to pay the pastor. It pays the operational expenses, educational materials, ministry expenses, and yes even salaries. Heck, my salary comes out of the tithes and offerings. My father is the pastor and I am his secretary. What makes you think that we don't get what we need out of our worship services, Peace, the Word of God, the feeling of fellowship, and a feeling of belonging and that we are loved amongst our members. I belong to a Baptist church and we don't put on a show, but we will praise the Lord openly. We aren't that big into fashion because we come to praise the Lord and we don't want to have to worry about our clothes being a distraction.

All I'm saying is you can't clump all Baptist churches into a certain category because of a few experiences. Shucks, there quite a few baptist churches that I know of that I wouldn't go to because they are lifeless.

Sorry if I offended your family, but all I am saying is that in all my 22 years of life, I have EXPERIENCED a dismay of bad activity in the baptists churches I have attended. Does it not make my opinion credible even if it is MY experience? I'm not saying you are wrong, but hell, I have every right to make that conclusion because it is what I have went through. Your church may not be like that, but the ones I have went to were.

Status
Not open for further replies.