Quantcast

Why did Issa sing that stupid song about Molly in season 1?

Swan

Secular Woman
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
400,091 5,387 939
Alleybux
Yeah..it was unnecessarily cruel lol. Its one thing for it to be a joke between the two of them but..idk it was giving frienemy vibes

Rennie

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,500 95 42
Alleybux
Everybody sleeps on how horrible of a person Issa has shown herself to be because she acts like it’s all jokes. People dragged Molly the last season but Issa has been just as horrible, if not more so, and not only to Molly.

NovaSky

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
82,496 1,655 977
Alleybux
Issa is a terrible friend. Molly hasn’t grown, but she’s honestly returning the energy that Issa had seasons ago. They aren’t good friends to each other and, if one was truly growing, they would have dropped the other one a long time ago.

Livvy Lane

toots.
Reaction score
Reactions
32,005 1,257 195
Alleybux
I took it as a "hit dog will holler" situation aka the song wasn't about Molly, but Molly took it to heart given her poor track record with men.

Last edited:

Itsmeokay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
155,238 5,151 1,146
Alleybux
She did that on Awkward Black Girl. It's her was of dealing with stress. Those songs would low key be hitting. I love Take My Panties Off.

She wasn't a good friend though. Molly was a much better friend. I peeped that season 1

cuz70x7

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,676 64 47
Alleybux
What was the point of that? She didn’t even apologize really.

Thank you! A lot of friendships would not recover from one person doing something foul like that to another even to be funny. It was at a time when Molly was really down ffs.

ETA: Molly was really down a lot though :unsure:

AmusedByIdiocy

Sense and Sensibility
Reaction score
Reactions
222,199 7,129 2,872
Alleybux
...and as the dust begins to settle from the last season, people start seeing what I’ve been saying all along: Issa has not been a good friend.

musiclover55

Anime Bae
Reaction score
Reactions
77,890 2,041 1,471
Alleybux
I took it as a "hit dog will holler" situation aka the song wasn't about Molly, but Molly took it to heart given her poor track record with me.

Same and I don’t get why people were dragging her for it cause it’s not like she was like “my bestie got broken p****” lol

AfroCutie

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,357 58 10
Alleybux
I took it as a "hit dog will holler" situation aka the song wasn't about Molly, but Molly took it to heart given her poor track record with me.

This is what I thought as well but its been a long time since I watched the show.

I'm hearing a lot of people say Issa wasn't a good friend to Molly in the first season.

Is anyone else open to talking about what specific time they realized Issa wasn't a good friend ?

I actually didn't realise that Issa wasn't a good friend to Molly until season 3 when Molly had to meet up with someone but Issa ignored her because she was uber pooling and then some guy started smoking in Issa's Uber and ended up getting beat up by Nathan that same night? Lol.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
23,225 1,003 681
Alleybux
Y’all smoking deck if y’all think Molly was a better friend, lmao. Issa had her faults, but Molly was very self centered, judgmental (like her life was any better, minus her good job that she didn’t even like), and SELFISH. Issa had to beg her to do sh-t all the time. Please, lol.

ALSO: Let’s not forget how she took matters into her own hands and ran Nathan off knowing Issa was going crazy trying to figure out why he ghosted her. Her intentions may have been good, but it was selfish af.

AfroCutie

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,357 58 10
Alleybux
Y’all smoking deck if y’all think Molly was a better friend, lmao. Issa had her faults, but Molly was very self centered, judgmental (like her life was any better, minus her good job that she didn’t even like), and SELFISH. Issa had to beg her to do sh-t all the time. Please, lol.

ALSO: Let’s not forget how she took matters into her own hands and ran Nathan off knowing Issa was going crazy trying to figure out why he ghosted her. Her intentions may have been good, but it was selfish af.

I was really trying to watch Insecure with an open mind but when I switched off Molly was when she made fun of some girl who admitted to going to therapy to deal with emotional issues in season 1. That was when I was like yup, Molly is 110% trash.

I'm a bit 50/50 on the Nathan thing not gonna lie. Molly probably saw herself as protecting Issa, not that it was right though but after seeing how Issa nearly had a mental breakdown she probably thought she was doing the right thing. It's complicated.

JustKeepin

Love The Life I Live
Reaction score
Reactions
194,358 4,720 2,544
Alleybux
I don't think Issa's rap was a conscious dig at Molly. It was the last conversation that she had and she was asked to go on stage without having anything prepared.

It was a sh!tty thing to do, but the reality is that we get tired of hearing our friends b!tch and moan about the same sh!t without doing anything differently. It wears us down.

Both Issa and Molly were tired of each others perpetual states of failure. Molly was tired of hearing Issa complain about being a broke dustmite and Issa was tired of Molly complaining and rejecting men over dumb/trivial sh!t.

It gets old and these we sometimes harbor resentment for having to listen to these complaints over and over again.

This was demonstrated last season when their friendship broke down over preconceived ideas and resentments that they had of each other, while they were actually both growing and the past behaviors weren't exactly a factor.

Reaction score
Reactions
23,225 1,003 681
Alleybux
I was really trying to watch Insecure with an open mind but when I switched off Molly was when she made fun of some girl who admitted to going to therapy to deal with emotional issues in season 1. That was when I was like yup, Molly is 110% trash.

I'm a bit 50/50 on the Nathan thing not gonna lie. Molly probably saw herself as protecting Issa, not that it was right though but after seeing how Issa nearly had a mental breakdown she probably thought she was doing the right thing. It's complicated.

I agree with that 1000%! That’s why I said her intentions were good. I honestly don’t think Molly meant any harm, like you said. That was just a SLEFISH move from her. To be ghosted (bc I know, lmao), that’s not a good feeling. sh!t leaves you in thought, trying to figure out what happened. She needed answers. Most people don’t get them, (like me) so we move on without closure. But she literally prevented Issa from getting that closure. Granted, they ended up crossing paths again and she got it. Issa clearly didn’t like her decision, bc she was upset about it.

SIDE NOTE: Molly needed therapy her d-mn. She was upset about her father cheating on her mother, yet had an affair with a married man. Then had the nerve to be upset that his wife came first in his life. Gurl... she is SELFISH & self centered.

AfroCutie

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,357 58 10
Alleybux
I agree with that 1000%! That’s why I said her intentions were good. I honestly don’t think Molly meant any harm, like you said. That was just a SELFISH move from her. To be ghosted (bc I know, lmao), that’s not a good feeling. sh!t leaves you in thought, trying to figure out what happened. She needed answers. Most people don’t get them, (like me) so we move on without closure. But she literally prevented Issa from getting that closure. Granted, they ended up crossing paths again and she got it. Issa clearly didn’t like her decision, bc she was upset about it.

SIDE NOTE: Molly needed therapy her d-mn. She was upset about her father cheating on her mother, yet had an affair with a married man. Then had the nerve to be upset that his wife came first in his life. Gurl... she is SELFISH & self centered.

No worries! I agreed with you too! Looking at it from Issa's perspective, Issa just wanted that closure like you said. The best thing for Molly to have done would have been to tell ISSA herself and let her make the decision to talk to Nathan, because thinking about it again Issa must have really liked or connected with Nathan to have a whole emotional breakdown over him.

So Molly probably should have left the decision in Issa's hands even if Molly herself saw it as the wrong step to take because the love Issa had for Nathan was STRONG.

Molly had an affair with a married man THE SAME NIGHT she found out her dad had cheated on her mom. I was like Lord help us because I just can't...

There's something very poetic about how Molly then ended up in a therapist's office after judging someone else for being in therapy. SMH.

Last edited:

Baddestsag03

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,597 452 88
Alleybux
Broken p**** was hilarious! I think she was just channeling her inter rapper and used that as inspiration but I will say that was the start of their broken friendship