Quantcast

Why Didn't You Cancel Doja Cat?

freedreamz

go touch grass
Reaction score
Reactions
1,261 46 14
Alleybux
the truth? 1) i was already annoyed by yt lib blue haired friends tried to cancel her for being homophobic. So I knew she had issues already. 2) super talented and her music is easy to digest 3)she don’t take herself too seriously so why would i 4)she dumb asf like legit stupid so nothing surprises me 5) she got that fatty 6)the bar is so low for yt pop stars and black male rappers but everyone be so ready to cancel a woc (no she’s not black) for any ol thing

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
243,796 6,061 2,384
Alleybux
Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because other artists are problematic doesn't justify supporting her who is another color-struck, self-hating buffoon for white audiences at large.

There needs to be an entire cultural reset, but we instead hypocritically call out problematic behavior against one artist but support another. Yet, we think we're making progress.

Just admit that you aren't truly supportive of black women's issues and choose to support degenerate, mind-numbing, devoid pop music and go.
Frankly, I'm surprised that people are mad at you pointing out the obvious: LSA will go hard in the paint for their beloved light-skinned and exxotical women while damn near threatening your darker-than-a-paper-bag Black life for not feeding into their delusions.

Remind me of the colorstruck idiots that I had the misfortune of encountering while growing up...you know, the ones who'd be quick to curse you out over their adopted light-skinned or non-Black bestie whenever they felt the need to cape for them without even being asked to do so?

KKND04232016

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
123,225 4,205 1,946
Alleybux
Why didn't you cancel lil Wayne a FULL black man for saying it looks better red? Why didn't you cancel Nipsey for his numerous colorist songs? We don't have the power to cancel a black and white woman with tons of White fans.. interesting how she's black in some threads but MM is a white woman.. which one is it?

KKND04232016

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
123,225 4,205 1,946
Alleybux
I am not justifying. I said don't equate Lightskin BLACK to Lightskin Biracial. Doja Cat, Zendaya, and Alicia Keys are biracial with a white mom. Aaliyah, Raven Symone, and Tyra Banks are Black with two Black parents.

Don't @ me again with nonsense!

You haven't heard..Lightskin black people don't exist on LSA... If you not deep dark and 4c you are magically biracial..it's insane lol..

Kim K K W

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,728 4,250 7,640
Alleybux
I love Doja. Still pissed she lost the Grammy to mediocre Megan and that terrible savage song. I look at it this way that song is already dated as hell yet you still here say so and it still sounds fresh.
Of all these rap girls Dona is the only one that sounds different, unique and talented and she’s the only one that could eventually get to Nickis level
She’s talented as hell so let’s be real people hate on her because she’s a cute mix girl

Kim K K W

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,728 4,250 7,640
Alleybux
How does any of this address the concern that here is a non-black female appropriating black culture to tap-dance for white audiences for profit? Her behavior hurts black women more than black men.
LOL. Yet you don’t call out Tracy Ellis Ross, Beyoncé or About appropriating black culture. You pick and choose who is black huh. Why don’t you support “Black” artist then because technically people that are at the top in entertainment are mixed and y’all trying to claim us when it’s convenient and then don’t support your own

Spaceygirl84

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,658 977 847
Alleybux
Funny how LSA and parts of Twitter tried to have her “cancelled” and assumed her career would be over after the TC scandal. She’s doing better than ever now. Cancel culture is not real.

It actually seems pretty good for your career to get canceled

Closure

Trying to grow without hating the process
Reaction score
Reactions
224,159 37,263 4,427
Alleybux
giphy.gif
Do you actually know the meaning of the song or did you go off the title?

Cryeisha

The High Priestess
Reaction score
Reactions
166,805 21,294 10,690
Alleybux
If y’all don’t remember Lana del Rey’s situation happen within days after this and the focus went away from Doja.

for the culture

Closure

Reaction score
Reactions
224,159 37,263 4,427
Alleybux
LOL. Yet you don’t call out Tracy Ellis Ross, Beyoncé or About appropriating black culture. You pick and choose who is black huh. Why don’t you support “Black” artist then because technically people that are at the top in entertainment are mixed and y’all trying to claim us when it’s convenient and then don’t support your own
Beyonce is not biracial. Tracee Ellis Ross is.
tumblr_n1xszcieyV1qimturo1_500.gifv

Kim K K W

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,728 4,250 7,640
Alleybux
Beyonce is not biracial. Tracee Ellis Ross is.
tumblr_n1xszcieyV1qimturo1_500.gifv
Beyoncé is not just “Black” not even close she only became black when she was bullied and that’s fact. She used to claim whatever else she said she was. I’m too lazy to look up the commercial. But black folks wanted to claim her.

Closure

Reaction score
Reactions
224,159 37,263 4,427
Alleybux
Beyoncé is not just “Black” not even close she only became black when she was bullied and that’s fact. She used to claim whatever else she said she was. I’m too lazy to look up the commercial. But black folks wanted to claim her.
Y'all only say they aren't Black when they are extremely attractive.

Rasha12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
47,181 4,203 4,945
Alleybux
I don’t believe she came for black women crazy so therefore she’s fine to me.
Even if she came for black women you can’t cancel her. You can’t cancel the top entertainers or athletes. Once you reach certain level in talent you can’t be cancelled unless you do terrible crimes like r Kelly

THEDARKVIXEN

Carpe Diem
Reaction score
Reactions
374,083 8,058 3,406
Alleybux
I’m not a fake person that cancels people just because it is popular. Doja did nothing cancel worthy. She just does not prefer black men and black men and their handmaidens decided to cancel her.

Doja was always a cringey weirdo that many called “edgy” and “real” because she is a biracial woman that makes music. For some reason people only wanted to cancel her after seeing she does not prefer black men.

TerrorTubby

Terrorizing the girls, one tea spill at a time!
Reaction score
Reactions
60,130 2,151 1,022
Alleybux
I definitely cancelled her; then somewhat forgave her. I redownloaded her music back on my phone, and I’’Ll give her another chance music wise. I prefer her Hip-Hop song more than her pop ones (KMM is terrible, I’m sorry it has to be said). But no matter what, no one can take her talent and artistry away from her.

Now as for her as a PERSON? I definitely don’t go hard and stan for her like I used to. Something about her personality now to me is off-putting and that’s the main reason why I don’t consider myself a fan of hers anymore. Before the cancel party, I used to argue with people (like my mom) all the time about shes not self hating, etc. After the chatroom stuff, it was kind of a slap in my face for all the times I defended her. I can care less about her dating preference. What really bothers me, and still bothers me to this day, it’s her saying “Suck my dick N*g*er” to her white friends in that video. Just for her to turn around, and try to act like this super non-whitewashed black woman in her videos and performances. That bothers me, and makes me feel like its all an act for her? And that, although it was just rumors, there probably is some truth to the self hating tea that the font said. I can’t explain it but theres a vibe about her I can’t get with anymore. I don’t wish it upon her, but I definitely do believe it’s going to be a point in time where she’s going to do something problematic, for a THIRD time, and its going to be the final straw for her Black women and white fans (because that’s mostly her fanbase now).

But the her dating white men? I dont care. I date white men lmfao BM can gag about that irdc. But I definitely have noticed that some of the BW that still support her, do it out of spite of BM. It’s kind of weird all the way around, on both BM and BW.

TerrorTubby

Reaction score
Reactions
60,130 2,151 1,022
Alleybux
Because it's dumb. We're supposed to cancel her for supposedly being into race play but not Donald Glover who admitted to getting off on it?

No.
I’m sorry what? Can you go into detail about this because I didnt even know that was a thing.

I always knew I didn’t like him for a reason.

TerrorTubby

Reaction score
Reactions
60,130 2,151 1,022
Alleybux
The people who tried to cancel her never supported her in the first place. So, their "exit" never really effected her numbers. Plus, Doja has a choke hold on pop stans and has a large non-black fanbase.

Anyhoo, stream Kiss Me More! It's projected to debuted at #9 on the Hot 100! Doja out here pulling main pop girl numbers!
Can you tell me where you saw this? Because I never see any media outlets report on this song, or hear it on TikTok or the radio, but your the second person I’ve seen say this. I know the song is doing well in the UK but I thought it was flopping in the US Billboard.

brit brit

♔ g o l d e n ♔
Reaction score
Reactions
20,990 551 231
Alleybux
Can you tell me where you saw this? Because I never see any media outlets report on this song, or hear it on TikTok or the radio, but your the second person I’ve seen say this. I know the song is doing well in the UK but I thought it was flopping in the US Billboard.
This twitter account predicts the Billboard Hot 100. They're usually extremely accurate. Billboard will release the official chart results on Monday.

Kiss Me More has already debuted in the top 10 in the UK, Ireland, New Zealand and Lithuania.

TerrorTubby

Reaction score
Reactions
60,130 2,151 1,022
Alleybux
This twitter account predicts the Billboard Hot 100. They're usually extremely accurate. Billboard will release the official chart results on Monday.

Kiss Me More has already debuted in the top 10 in the UK, Ireland, New Zealand and Lithuania.

Thank you! That’s actually shocking and news to me since, the coverage for the song since it got released has been pretty quiet. I haven’t really heard the song much on the radio or people talking about it either so I figured it was flopping on the US Charts. it must just be doing well on the pop side of music, among her core fan base. Either way, congratulations to her.

SoulCrusha

The font formerly known as 4rmBrazilWitLuv
Reaction score
Reactions
27,683 753 64
Alleybux
I'm not going to lie, the only Doja song I'd ever heard up until that point was Say So Remix during the week it and Savage Remix were going up against each other for #1...and I hated it. I knew nothing about her other than she was a short, thick, light skinned girl with bad wigs thanks to things retweeted on my timeline.

After that big thread on here, my first thoughts were "I don't even have to 'cancel' her since I don't listen to her anyway."

When that thread's contents finally made it over to Twitter, I saw people grieving like her music was that hard to give up so I'm like, 'alright, let me see what I'm missing' and opened Apple Music.

I ended up liking several songs from both albums plus So High. Then the news was apparently fake so yeah, now I support. She's still weird af and her taste in men is questionable but she's harmless. Most of y'all support worse.

Mallory22

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
225 8 8
Alleybux
All of this cursive and use of identity politics to abstain from the substantive issue here. A white-identifying, bi-racial singer is using black culture for profit to push vapid music for white audiences.

It's problematic, and all persuasive attempts to justify the behavior highlight that black feminism is a complete lie.
Cry all you want she not going anywhere. Black male artists have said worse. Get over yourselves. She can have her preference.

BLKJENNYSWAN

*Making classics through iphone beats*
Reaction score
Reactions
161,695 5,163 2,353
Alleybux
I tried to. I really did. But I really like her music, its been a long time since I've genuinely liked damn near everything from a newer artist.

I personally don't buy her sh!t and never will because she is problematic so no coin from me. But I damn sure will download everything she releases. She's talented...AF.

lucygoosey

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
146,380 9,968 3,305
Alleybux
She was cancelled briefly. She was called out and she apologized. That is all it takes to be forgiven now. Most of her black fans do not care and do not stay on code.

TetrisJam

Square Peg In a Round Hole :(
Reaction score
Reactions
191,602 11,958 10,514
Alleybux
Frankly, I'm surprised that people are mad at you pointing out the obvious: LSA will go hard in the paint for their beloved light-skinned and exxotical women while damn near threatening your darker-than-a-paper-bag Black life for not feeding into their delusions.

Remind me of the colorstruck idiots that I had the misfortune of encountering while growing up...you know, the ones who'd be quick to curse you out over their adopted light-skinned or non-Black bestie whenever they felt the need to cape for them without even being asked to do so?
You told no lies. LSA is on some bµllsh!t.

Yet, Lil Mama was blackballed and canceled for getting excited and crashing Camel and Alicia Key's performance. :eyeroll And to this day, Black folks still dog her.

Make it make sense.

avocadofresh

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,263 664 704
Alleybux
lol black males still mad their preference (biracial woman) dont prefer them back, Doja is more popular than ever and she aint going nowhere.