Quantcast

Why do fonts keep saying that the vaccine doesn’t lower your chances of catching Covid?

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
8,939 390 794
Alleybux
The title should say: « that the vaccine doesn’t lower your chances of catching Covid », but the latter is too long.

While it’s not true? A recent English study showed that those who have gotten one vaccine shot are 50% less likely to catch the vaccine. The vaccines are considered highly protective but everyone’s immune system is different and they can’t guarantee that 100% of people won’t catch Covid after getting vaccinated.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 87 million AmericansTrusted Source had received the COVID-19 vaccine as of April 20, 2021. Among vaccinated people, there were 7,157 breakthrough cases, with fewer than 500 hospitalizations and 88 deaths.

COVID-19 vaccine effectiveness varies according to which shot you get.

Research published this month by the CDC shows that messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccines against COVID-19 — which include those developed by Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech — are 80 percent effective in preventing detectable coronavirus infections 14 days after the first dose and 90 percent effective after the second dose.

The single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccineTrusted Sourcewas found to be 66 percent effective at preventing laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 illness 2 weeks after vaccination.

The Johnson & Johnson vaccine, based on more conventional adenovirus technology, was also found in clinical trials to be 100 percent effective against serious COVID-19 illness.

In the study, several people in the control group were hospitalized and/or died from COVID-19.

None of those who received the vaccine were hospitalized or died, even among those who got detectable infections.

For The Culture

LSA's Lady Whistledown
Reaction score
Reactions
262,056 4,102 1,980
Alleybux
Because some are ill informed and anti vaxx or at least appear to be online for the sake of fitting in. And maybe edit your title as what it should say and what it currently says is night and day and will be an argument in and of itself.
The title should say: « that the vaccine doesn’t lower your chances of catching Covid », but the latter is too long.

SellingOutSouls

24KCoughDrop
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
251,729 6,530 2,165
Alleybux
Because that is literally what the CDC, themselves, have told people. It’s very similar to the flu shot...it cannot prevent getting COVID but is expected to reduce severity of symptoms.

Why do y’all keep making the same thread over and over again to ask the same damn question?

ETA: Regardless of what the CDC is saying NOW...what they initially told people is starkly different. It is NOT about being anti-vaxx or any other BS y’all like to say. The information has changed multiple times regarding the vaccines and what they can and cannot effectively do.

enchanted

Fall is Beautiful
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
345,871 13,203 10,054
Alleybux
I don't know, but I'm getting my SECOND shot next week.

If the vaccine is:

- "bogus"

- turns me into a "lizard" person

- is the "mark of the beast"; or

- carries a microchip to track me...

.... then oh fµck!ng well??

1620150063307.png

Those peeps against the vaccine can stay stuck up in their little internet conspiracy world, but I need to get ON WITH LIFE.

If you can vaccinate your pets, then you can vaccinate YOURSELF.

Last edited:
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
8,939 390 794
Alleybux
Because that is literally what the CDC, themselves, have told people. It’s very similar to the flu shot...it cannot prevent getting COVID but is expected to reduce severity of symptoms.

Why do y’all keep making the same thread over and over again to ask the same damn question?
The CDC says it drastically decreases chances of getting Covid so someone is lying.

« Studies show that COVID-19 vaccines are effective at keeping you from getting COVID-19. Getting a COVID-19 vaccine will also help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19. »

Making the same thread over and over again is apparently needed, because y’all keep spreading misinformation.

enchanted

Fall is Beautiful
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
345,871 13,203 10,054
Alleybux
Because some are ill informed and anti vaxx or at least appear to be online for the sake of fitting in. And maybe edit your title as what it should say and what it currently says is night and day and will be an argument in and of itself.

Thank you. Even people who weren't gonna get it IN REAL LIFE (not the internet) have changed their minds.

If the vaccine doesn't work, then what do you have to lose??

You can't stay hold up in Never NeverLand for fµck!ng ever for Pete's sake. :disdain:

Addicted 2Diamonds

I just want my money....
Reaction score
Reactions
165,251 6,548 2,482
Alleybux
I don't know, but I'm getting my second shot next week.

If the vaccine is:

- "bogus"

Those peeps against the vaccine can stay stuck up in their little internet conspiracy world, but I need to get ON WITH LIFE.

Lmao yassss

SellingOutSouls

24KCoughDrop
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
251,729 6,530 2,165
Alleybux
The CDC says it drastically decreases chances of getting Covid so someone is lying.

« Studies show that COVID-19 vaccines are effective at keeping you from getting COVID-19. Getting a COVID-19 vaccine will also help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19. »

Making the same thread over and over again is apparently needed, because y’all keep spreading misinformation.
Nobody is lying. You’re being willfully obtuse because EVERYBODY knows how much what the CDC keeps saying is changing. Since the onset of this virus they’ve said crap then backtracked.

KenDil

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,661 6,583 9,045
Alleybux
It doesn't, just like the flu vaccine doesnt minimize you getting the flu, its so you dont get the flu as bad.
If it was a cure, then it would be an approved vaccine, but being it was made less than a year ago, its in experimental phases.
Babies have been dying due to vax, research

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
8,939 390 794
Alleybux
Nobody is lying. You’re being willfully obtuse because EVERYBODY knows how much what the CDC keeps saying is changing. Since the onset of this virus they’ve said crap then backtracked.
How am I being willfully obtuse when I gave you data and sources?
85 millions of Americans have been vaccinated. Out of those 5000 have contracted the virus. That alone is proof the vaccine is effective. What the CDC said earlier is that experts weren’t able to tell YET if the vaccine could stop people from catching Covid since they didn’t have enough data. Now they do.

As of April 14, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had received reports that 5,814 fully vaccinated people had developed COVID-19 infections. Nearly half of these infections (45 percent) were in people at least 60 years old. Seven percent of people with breakthrough infections—infections that occur after complete vaccination—were hospitalized and one percent died.

How exactly doesn’t this show the vaccine does reduce your chances of catching Covid? You got statistical proof right there.

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
8,939 390 794
Alleybux
It doesn't, just like the flu vaccine doesnt minimize you getting the flu, its so you dont get the flu as bad.
If it was a cure, then it would be an approved vaccine, but being it was made less than a year ago, its in experimental phases.
Babies have been dying due to vax, research
Why are fonts blatantly ignoring the info I just put out that shows that yes it does??

SellingOutSouls

24KCoughDrop
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
251,729 6,530 2,165
Alleybux
Thank you. Even people who weren't gonna get it IN REAL LIFE (not the internet) have changed their minds.

If the vaccine doesn't work, then what do you have to lose??

You can't stay hold up in Never NeverLand for fµck!ng ever for Pete's sake. :disdain:
Why are y’all acting like only wack-a-doodles were repeating what the CDC initially said about the vaccines not actually protecting a person from getting COVID?

They aren’t. I know what they said and to pretend the CDC wasn’t the damn source is ridiculous. I’ve already had the virus and even I will be getting the vaccine because the chance of not getting severe symptoms makes it completely worth it for me.

SellingOutSouls

24KCoughDrop
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
251,729 6,530 2,165
Alleybux
How am I being willfully obtuse when I gave you data and sources?
85 millions of Americans have been vaccinated. Out of those 5000 have contracted the virus. That alone is proof the vaccine is effective. What the CDC said earlier is that experts weren’t able to tell YET if the vaccine could stop people from catching Covid since they didn’t have enough data. Now they do.
You’re being willfully obtuse about WTF was initially said ma’am. You’re sharing data for what is being said NOW...not what the CDC initially said.

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
8,939 390 794
Alleybux
Why are y’all acting like only wack-a-doodles were repeating what the CDC initially said about the vaccines not actually protecting a person from getting COVID?

They aren’t. I know what they said and to pretend the CDC wasn’t the damn source is ridiculous. I’ve already had the virus and even I will be getting the vaccine because the chance of not getting severe symptoms makes it completely worth it for me.
Please cite your sources.

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
8,939 390 794
Alleybux
You’re being willfully obtuse about WTF was initially said ma’am. You’re sharing data for what is being said NOW...not what the CDC initially said.
CITE YOUR SOURCES. You’re saying a lot of stuff and not showing anything. If it’s true it should be easy to find. I gave you sources that show that what you are saying is factually wrong. Willfully obtuse my ass.

SellingOutSouls

24KCoughDrop
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
251,729 6,530 2,165
Alleybux
Why are fonts blatantly ignoring the info I just put out that shows that yes it does??
They’re not. They know what was INITIALLY said and are likely skeptical about the new data...rightfully so. Your data only shows what we were initially told...symptoms are less severe(less deaths and hospitalizations). 87 million people are not being tested to determine if they got the virus and were perhaps asymptomatic....which could easily mean those who were vaccinated still got infected but showed no symptoms as has been stated the vaccine could do.

Abbie Mills

Wife of Prince Daemon Targaryen and President Snow
Reaction score
Reactions
79,098 1,113 415
Alleybux
Because the CDC can’t keep up with what they are saying. Everyday it’s something different. I am sticking to what they first said because they haven’t changed their formula. People have also gotten COVID even though they have gotten the vaccine.

Before anyone says anything I am not anti-vaccine. I just believe no one really has any real understanding on this one or COVID period since every day there is something new and they keep backtracking constantly.

JasminaRege

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
87,439 2,947 1,348
Alleybux
A vaccine of any kind isn't supposed to stop you from catching the disease... It's just supposed to lower your chances of dying from it. Training your immune system to fight it.

SellingOutSouls

24KCoughDrop
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
251,729 6,530 2,165
Alleybux
CITE YOUR SOURCES. You’re saying a lot of stuff and not showing anything. If it’s true it should be easy to find. I gave you sources that show that what you are saying is factually wrong. Willfully obtuse my ass.
Your ass IS being willfully obtuse. The CDC was the damn source but because they’ve UPDATED that information you’re trying to pretend what you’re saying is what they said all along and it isn’t. FOH.

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
8,939 390 794
Alleybux
How TF am I going to cite the CDC when they updated their damn information? Like I said, you’re being willfully obtuse.
You got internet archives...? And surely a thread or news covering have been made if they put that info out in the past.

You are being willfully obtuse. Like I already told you twice there wasn’t enough data before to conclude that the vaccin could prevent you from catching Covid. Now there is and they can put that confirmation out there. Regardless of what has been said, the numbers don’t lie: 85 millions vaccinated, 6k with Covid. So it clearly does.

enchanted

Fall is Beautiful
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
345,871 13,203 10,054
Alleybux

Sis...there was a stupid b!tch celebrity chick who posted on Twitter (or IG) to "STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE WHO GOT THE fµck!ng VACCINE!"

The dumb b!tch proceeded to say that she "heard" that pregnant women who stand "near" a vaccinated person are miscarrying their babies. Yes, the dumb hoe really tweeted this sh!t out to her fans. :disdain:

I'm sorry, but it's time to LET THESE PEOPLE GO. Just let them carry da fµck on with this mess.

Vaccinated people are SAFE for the time being and if we're not, then:

1620150432137.png

BaeCole

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
273,153 6,668 6,001
Alleybux
I don't know, but I'm getting my SECOND shot next week.

If the vaccine is:

- "bogus"

View attachment 2526771

I have to LOL @ the microchip one. It's like "SO", my ass don't go nowhere.

Anyway, I just believe people need to do what is best for them and stop worrying about what's happening with others. I mean, that's what they've been doing the whole pandemic anyway. Why stop now???

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
8,939 390 794
Alleybux
Sis...there was a stupid b!tch celebrity chick who posted on Twitter (or IG) to "STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE WHO GOT THE fµck!ng VACCINE!"

The dumb b!tch proceeded to say that she "heard" that pregnant women who stand "near" a vaccinated person are miscarrying their babies. Yes, the dumb hoe really tweeted this sh!t out to her fans. :disdain:

I'm sorry, but it's time to LET THESE PEOPLE GO. Just let them carry da fµck on with this mess.

View attachment 2526788
This is absolutely insane. The information is RIGHT THERE and these people are still talking about « yES bUt tHeY sAiD diFfErEntLy bEfoRe », YES when the vaccine wasn’t distributed to a large party of the population they couldn’t make such a claim because they didn’t have any data to back it up. Now they can. And the data tells it all. This is truly baffling, why are people on this site so stuck on being misinformed ?

KenDil

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,661 6,583 9,045
Alleybux

View attachment 2526788

Its called shedding, and babies have died.... You wouldnt trust a 1 year old with your life, why would one trust a 1 year old vaccine with theirs?

KenDil

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,661 6,583 9,045
Alleybux
How does that change what I said lol. Did you read the OP? The vaccine drastically reduces your chances of catching it, but everyone immune system is different and thus there’s a small chance someone will still contract the virus, but most of the population won’t.
I wast quoting you, so not sure how you thought I was...
One can still get covid after the vax and the vax works on people differently and in different timeframes, so people are playing roulette with their lives. Thats my point

Abbie Mills

Reaction score
Reactions
79,098 1,113 415
Alleybux
You got internet archives...? And surely a thread or news covering have been made if they put that info out in the past.

You are being willfully obtuse. Like I already told you twice there wasn’t enough data before to conclude that the vaccin could prevent you from catching Covid. Now there is and they can put that confirmation out there. Regardless of what has been said, the numbers don’t lie: 85 millions vaccinated, 6k with Covid. So it clearly does.
The CDC says this themselves:

What We are Still Learning
  • We are still learning how well vaccines prevent you from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to others, even if you do not have symptoms.
  • We’re also still learning how long COVID-19 vaccines protect people.
  • We are still learning how many people have to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before most people can be considered protected (population immunity).
  • We are still learning how effective the vaccines are against new variants of the virus that causes COVID-19.

They really don’t know the effectiveness of it as a whole, or if you can spread to others, or if it even really protects you from the million and one different strains.

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
8,939 390 794
Alleybux
A vaccine of any kind isn't supposed to stop you from catching the disease... It's just supposed to lower your chances of dying from it. Training your immune system to fight it.
That isn’t even true. Someone else beought up the flu vaccine and it reduces your chances of catching the flu in the first place by up to 60%.
The tetanus vaccine also prevents you from catching it. I’m too lazy to look up other vaccines now, but Google is free.

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
8,939 390 794
Alleybux
The CDC says this themselves:

What We are Still Learning
  • We are still learning how well vaccines prevent you from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to others, even if you do not have symptoms.
  • We’re also still learning how long COVID-19 vaccines protect people.
  • We are still learning how many people have to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before most people can be considered protected (population immunity).
  • We are still learning how effective the vaccines are against new variants of the virus that causes COVID-19.

They really don’t know the effectiveness of it as a whole.
The CDC also says:
1620150930233.png

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
8,939 390 794
Alleybux
3 people who’ve been fully vaccinated have caught COVID and died.

I understand they had underlining health conditions but so do the people who got access vaccines first.

I have never read any official articles from the CDC suggesting the vaccine would also prevent one from catching COVID but that it would lower the severity.

This question feels like you either never read any articles yourself or that this question isn’t genuine at all.
I literally put in my OP sources and articles fragment that say it does drastically lower your chances of catching Covid...

Have you ever gotten statistics?
85 million people vaccinated.
6k caught Covid regardless.
4 died. Out of those 4 some had health issues.
8k deaths every day in the U.S.
Do you see what’s wrong with your reasoning?

This means that you have a 0.00075% chance of catching Covid after getting vaccined. It also means you have a 0.0000005% chance of dying from Covid after getting vaccinated. It also means that the likelihood that those 4 deaths would have happen lies at 0,0005%, meaning that it’s a 1000% more likely those people didn’t die from Covid.

Last edited:

Abbie Mills

Reaction score
Reactions
79,098 1,113 415
Alleybux
What you highlighted says that if you get it, meaning that there is still a chance, you will have less severe symptoms. Again there are other strains of COVID-19. You can still possibly get those COVID strains and you are vaccinated.

People have come down with COVID and they where vaccinated(not many but there are some cases). If you don’t believe me look it up yourself.

You can still possibly spread COVID-19 as well if you are vaccinated which is why they are still telling vaccinated people to wear masks and social distance.

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
8,939 390 794
Alleybux
What you highlighted says that if you get it, meaning that there is still a chance, you will have less severe symptoms. Again there are other strains of COVID-19. You can still possibly get those COVID strains and you are vaccinated. People have come down with COVID and they where vaccinated(not many but there are some cases). If you don’t believe me look it up your self.
What I highlighted says exactly what it says: that the vaccine is effective at protecting you from catching Covid-19. Which is my thread is about. The other strains is a different story. 85 millions of people have gotten vaccinated and 6k out of them caught Covid. That means exactly what the CDC is saying: that the vaccine is effective at protecting you from catching Covid.