Quantcast

Why do men HATE being called cute?

Urbest

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
214,130 11,494 3,304
Alleybux
A guy I was dating hate when I called him cute, he was visibly disappointed and offended and said cute is for babies and puppies.
Another guy I dated said, "I am a man, I'm not cute, I'm handsome." They act like it's an insult...

#men #dating #relationships

Sundara Hai

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
18,084 180 99
Alleybux
Well I don't want to be called cute either. It's insulting and condescending.

Ramen Noodles

The One
Reaction score
Reactions
4,906 8 8
Alleybux
For exactly the reasons you stated. Some men don't mind though, as long as you call them handsome too sometimes.

JadenSmith

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,008 88 65
Alleybux
I find it cute when they get upset when you say something they do is adorable.

twohot_twotrot

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
27,381 657 127
Alleybux
Cute is just not manly... but some guys really are "cute" (pretty boy types). I like to look at "cute" guys, they are nice eye-candy, but I prefer mine a lil more rugged.

mistadon

Fly Korean
Reaction score
Reactions
128 10 5
Alleybux
Sometimes it's also about the context of not being sure if it is a compliment or not. I used to always say to someone that they were fine, when responding to someone who apologizes (for instance); but that could be taken out of context too.

StormStokes

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
60,264 2,369 107
Alleybux
because many people associate cute with children and animals (puppies, kittens, ponies) not with adults so they find it offensive. i don't mind being called cute because i think when women describe stuff they use it as levels of attractiveness to describe people (cute, pretty, beautiful, etc) but i know most men don't like it so i have to catch myself and use handsome

Ezra Miller

⭐ DA NAME STAYS! PM ME FOR YOUR TAROT NEEDS ⭐
Reaction score
Reactions
287,326 9,784 5,303
Alleybux
I think for men cute coming from a woman, especially one they're interested in, means that he isn't seen as xesually attractive. I think it sounds like the friend zone to them lol

Comply2MyWishes

Dont be a boobpunch
Reaction score
Reactions
735 13 5
Alleybux
just like when you spend time grooming and making yourself look good you dont want a dude to call you cute either

cute is for the cool chick whos attractive but doesnt get pretty or beautiful or for a child. it is demasculating to a man especially if yall arent in a monogamous relationship so its not like hes caught you yet so it sounds like youre baiting or or putting him down. Like youre waiting for a real man.

i dont call men cute some are secure enough to take it or they arent attracted enough to me to be upset but you can tell almost all dont like it. now when im with my girls and were just looking at eye candy ill use that term but thats because im merely looking at the guy becuase of his looks but not getting to know his person.

to me its much like a guy telling me i LOOK sexy , like its a one time thing like something i did that day stood out among the rest but other days i am not , its not that i AM sexy its just that one instance.

words are a powerful thing and its all about how you arrange them

Reaction score
Reactions
581 7 4
Alleybux
because cute is pretty much saying the man has nothing else to offer in his aura....

when a woman describes a man as handsome, or sexy...there is a swagger that comes with it....the man presents himself in a way where he has a presence about him.

If a man is physically good looking in terms of facial features, girls call them cute because of facially aesthetic features, but thats where it stops. Most men want to be the full package...handsome, sexy, "fooine" all that....it validates that they are more than just a pretty face....JMO

EvolvingWoman

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
14,677 129 67
Alleybux
this. some dudes just can't fathom being thought of as a pretty boy (one of my brothers in particular lol) and think the word "cute" is juvenile. I actually find it "cute" that they don't like the word. It's like kids going "I'm not a baby I'm 4! I'm a big boy!" Like damn we didn't mean it in a bad way, we are being endearing and honest about your good looks.
Cute is just not manly... but some guys really are "cute" (pretty boy types). I like to look at "cute" guys, they are nice eye-candy, but I prefer mine a lil more rugged.

CallmeQueenB

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
6,676 853 1,029
Alleybux
Well I don't want to be called cute either. It's insulting and condescending.

no-not-really.gif

as a girl i don't mind being called cute. i play on it, anyway. the way i dress and act is a beautiful combination of cute/sexy.

EvolvingWoman

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
14,677 129 67
Alleybux
never thought of it this way. I hate that you all assume that "cute" is where it stops for us and makes us seem shallow. It's just one of your attributes. You can be cute, handsome, and sexy all at the same time but I totally get it...
because cute is pretty much saying the man has nothing else to offer in his aura....

when a woman describes a man as handsome, or sexy...there is a swagger that comes with it....the man presents himself in a way where he has a presence about him.

If a man is physically good looking in terms of facial features, girls call them cute because of facially aesthetic features, but thats where it stops. Most men want to be the full package...handsome, sexy, "fooine" all that....it validates that they are more than just a pretty face....JMO

NZURI

Delete Account
Reaction score
Reactions
257,693 8,171 8,001
Alleybux
No man has openly complained when I call him cute, and I say it a lot. It may be the way you say it.

Handsome seems more generic and open to debate, and few men want to be called pretty. Cute should make it clear you think they're attractive. I'd probably lose interest if a guy got offended because, like I said, I say it often, if it's true.

Rachelmelis

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,992 11 8
Alleybux
If you're going to call him cute, you might as well say " awwww...it's so cute" in a baby voice when he takes his pants off.

Boys like being called cute. Men do not.

I'm a woman and I hate being called cute like a child.

Marocco

Bench Warmer
BANNED
Reaction score
Alleybux
Because you'd rather be called handsome, beautiful, sexy, macho or hot.

Nobody wants to be called "WOW, you're hot" and then hear "wow, that is such a cute sofa/cat/house/cupcake/color/haircut." That sh!t can ruin your self-esteem.

MeekandWild

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
54,874 1,230 896
Alleybux
A guy I was dating hate when I called him cute, he was visibly disappointed and offended and said cute is for babies and puppies.
Another guy I dated said, "I am a man, I'm not cute, I'm handsome." They act like it's an insult...

I don't know they feel insulted by it.And yes when I think of cuteness, I do think of babies,puppies,bunny rabbits, little bear cubs,and teddy bears that those those things auotmatcalliy put a huge smile on my face with their utter utterness, and it just makes me want to hug,and squeeze them, and feed them cookies.But I don't want to bang men who are in the cute category. I just want to cuddle, & be friends.

Now handsome I wan to bang, curse them out, and do nothing for them.

Plus being cute for an adult is like a blessing from GOD for youthfulness. An cute adult could be fifty but look 30 because of the cute genes.

Rococco

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,743 286 186
Alleybux
I either think a guy is cute, gorgeous or handsome. Idk. Getting offended over a compliment though ? Dam. JUST TAKE IT. Accept the compliment asshole without turning it around

Reaction score
Reactions
48 2
Alleybux

Cute is an effeminate descriptor that usually reserved, for kids, and younger women.

It's like calling a man gorgeous instead of handsome.

In MOST cases, the only males who like being called cute are gay men. (Whether the male tell you that he doesn't like it is a different story.)

Reaction score
Reactions
48 2
Alleybux
Imagine if a man called a woman handsome.......

"Yo, dawg look at ole girl over there. She sure is handsome."

o_0

DisasterInBloom

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
364 6 6
Alleybux
I use the word cute a lot. As in, "That sh!t ain't cute", or "Real fµck!n' cute, b!tch."

DisasterInBloom

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
364 6 6
Alleybux
Imagine is a man called a woman handsome.......

o_0

I don't even like calling guys handsome, I just don't care for that word.

I usually describe people as beautiful, gorgeous, pretty, sexy and even cute if it's applicable and it doesn't matter if I'm describing a woman or a dude. I actually use "pretty" to describe men a lot, but that's probably because I like how pretty men look, I very much like the appearance of guys who are on the androgynous side.

I think it's quite dickish to be offended by a compliment as innocuous as cute. That sounds like some weird insecurity.

Ezra Miller

⭐ DA NAME STAYS! PM ME FOR YOUR TAROT NEEDS ⭐
Reaction score
Reactions
287,326 9,784 5,303
Alleybux
Imagine if a man called a woman handsome.......

o_0

This was a practice a long time ago. A handsome woman usually meant someone who had attractive features, by they weren't pretty in the dainty, "feminine" way. It wasn't a term meant only for men, so I understand why no one really says that to a woman's face these days.

Mr Potato Head

Stick it to me
Reaction score
Reactions
302 4 39
Alleybux
I don't even like calling guys handsome, I just don't care for that word.

I usually describe people as beautiful, gorgeous, pretty, sexy and even cute if it's applicable and it doesn't matter if I'm describing a woman or a dude. I actually use "pretty" to describe men a lot, but that's probably because I like how pretty men look, I very much like the appearance of guys who are on the androgynous side.

I think it's quite dickish to be offended by a compliment as innocuous as cute. That sounds like some weird insecurity.

Let's say for example you don't like blood sausage. Does it offend you?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

DisasterInBloom

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
364 6 6
Alleybux

Let's say for example you don't like blood sausage. Does it offend you?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Yes, lol, lots of foods I hate offend me - blood sausage is a rather offensive food to me. :bashful:

I know what you mean though.

AutoPilot

Fly To Freedom
Reaction score
Reactions
41,060 808 518
Alleybux
I don't like being called cute but I didn't know it was a big deal to call men that. When I say a dude is cute its different from when I call an animal or child cute. I don't think I've ever called a dude handsome in my life....I don't even know what a handsome dude looks like. I honestly don't even like the word. To me men are cute, hot, fine, and or sexy.

So does this mean I shouldn't say "Hey cutie." or "Your very cute."?

Cruel World

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,456 111 39
Alleybux
I think for men cute coming from a woman, especially one they're interested in, means that he isn't seen as xesually attractive. I think it sounds like the friend zone to them lol

Yep yep.

Even worse when you're called adorable.