Quantcast

Naija40

The Bird whisperer( Formerly 'Kmoor')
Reaction score
Reactions
11,653 1,117 2,448
Alleybux

I mean they aren't seen as fully black regardless of wether they identify with the black experience or not and many also assign a position of privilege upon them which separates them from regular black folks. That's not to say black people are still quite inclusive of them but still

yagirljo

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,178 1,548 214
Alleybux
I read a British newspaper that did a demographic analysis and black Caribbeans are breeding themselves out of extinction in the UK. And majority of mixed race women were partnered/preferred white men.

It's true.
I saw a presentation a few years back which showed that Black Caribbeans are literally 2 decades away from extinction... Black Africans are about 4.
The presenter (a Black Caribbean man) said at this point there's no hope for the Black Caribbeans but there's still time for Black Africans.

ChocolateCandi

Blackistan is a Mysoginistic Country
Reaction score
Reactions
36,738 2,326 1,255
Alleybux
When whites come to African countries they stay white despite being the minority.
This argument is tired
Lebanese men in West Africa will have love children with African women but rarely marry them. Many Lebanese families have remained insular and unmixed even though their families have lived in West Africa for generations. The same goes for white Kenyans.

Sudanidoll

BEYONCE?? you look like Luther Vandross
Reaction score
Reactions
10,629 981 521
Alleybux
This is actually a very interesting topic to say the least. I think it lies with how black people are represented. In places where there’s positive black representation black people will date each other no matter the shade, and the opposite for negative representation. Can’t speak on the uk but in Australia darkskin men are shown in a negative light and so most girls avoid dating them, where as darkskin girls remain neutral and so they’re able to attract white guys and light skin men. This just goes to show it’s all social conditioning. A lot of light skin girls( in the uk) won’t date a light skin man because of the stereotype that light skin men are less masculine than darkskins

LuxuriousDee

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
57,455 3,720 3,913
Alleybux
This is actually a very interesting topic to say the least. I think it lies with how black people are represented. In places where there’s positive black representation black people will date each other no matter the shade, and the opposite for negative representation. Can’t speak on the uk but in Australia darkskin men are shown in a negative light and so most girls avoid dating them, where as darkskin girls remain neutral and so they’re able to attract white guys and light skin men. This just goes to show it’s all social conditioning. A lot of light skin girls( in the uk) won’t date a light skin man because of the stereotype that light skin men are less masculine than darkskins
Interesting about Australia
Why is that?

Sudanidoll

BEYONCE?? you look like Luther Vandross
Reaction score
Reactions
10,629 981 521
Alleybux
Interesting about Australia
Why is that?
A lot of young people in Melbourne specifically have fell into the wannabe drug cartels/ gang member mentality, specifically black boys. Basically these past 5 years the media has been running a smear campaign tarnishing the African community because of the actions of a large number of African boys involved in criminal activities one way or another. The girls on the other hand are driven and pathing the way for young Africans across a plethora of industries( especially south Sudanese women). People here aren’t as intimated by black girls and on my experience we aren’t treated as a monolith like they do with black boys.

I will say though, this experience is unique to Melbourne because we are very diverse. The stories I’ve heard from black girls in other cities are shocking- next level racism. They not only cop it from non black people but black guys too

LuxuriousDee

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
57,455 3,720 3,913
Alleybux
A lot of young people in Melbourne specifically have fell into the wannabe drug cartels/ gang member mentality, specifically black boys. Basically these past 5 years the media has been running a smear campaign tarnishing the African community because of the actions of a large number of African boys involved in criminal activities one way or another. The girls on the other hand are driven and pathing the way for young Africans across a plethora of industries( especially south Sudanese women). People here aren’t as intimated by black girls and on my experience we aren’t treated as a monolith like they do with black boys.

I will say though, this experience is unique to Melbourne because we are very diverse. The stories I’ve heard from black girls in other cities are shocking- next level racism. They not only cop it from non black people but black guys too
Yeah this gang banging wannabe lifestyle is creeping into Nigeria youth too. I'm in naija and it is quite disappointing

branu98

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
170 11 7
Alleybux
Someone mentioned Jorja Smith. She dated Drake and her ex boyfriend from the UK is mixed. Idk what yall talking about. I’m from the UK and mixed but I defo don’t go out of my way to NOT date a mixed guy, it’s just my preference isn’t that.

Jodie Landon

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
46,579 1,476 494
Alleybux
I find it weird when mixed people say they won't date each. Racially they have more in common than dating/marrying someone monoracial and don't have to worry about being fetishized.
When white girls say things like 'I would marry a mixed race tan guy but not a black guy', do mixed men see that as a compliment? Do mixed women like it when black men say things like 'I like lighties like you'.. Just some examples of what mixed people hear.

As per article:
Mixed race women (who are black and white), like Markle, are more likely to marry or cohabitate with white men in the UK. According to the 2011 census, 65% of mixed-race women (black and white) are married or cohabitate with white men. Around 16% are in a relationship with mixed race men (black and white), while just 14% are in a relationship with black men.

This shows 16% mixed race women marry mixed men, which is a lot compared with their population size in UK

Last edited:

Jodie Landon

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
46,579 1,476 494
Alleybux
I don’t have an answer to that as I’m not from the UK but I’m surprised to see fonts saying the mixed girls go for Black guys. From what I’ve seen mixed guys and girls both go for white partners. Both sides say their type is blond hair and blue eyes.
Nah blonde hair and blue eyes is least my type.

Jodie Landon

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
46,579 1,476 494
Alleybux
Does not surprise me that some mixed people may want white children, but imo most prefer children with black features.
A mixed guy told me once he would only marry mixed or black woman as doesn't want a child who looks white.

Last edited:

Azuraaa

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,441 2,656 1,331
Alleybux
Biracial people are not all the same. Some of us have a non-white father, some have a non-white mother. Some of us can pass as white, some of us cannot. Some of us grew up in black areas, some of us didn't meet a non-white person until age 13+.

As a black-mother/non-passing high yellow/grew up in a black area half white biracial, I grew up preferring to date black and mixed men. I received equal attention from them in my teens and early 20s. I wasn't particularly into white guys, but dated a few.

I'll be honest, black men were my favourite match socially. I didn't feel worshipped for being light - actually I've had several black men I dated tell me I'm black.

White men my least favourite as I have little in common with them socially, although I was with a white man for like 2 years recently.

Mixed men it usually depends on whether they grew up around black people or white ones. But to be honest I found them to be vain and stopped dating them mostly. Although my current romantic interest is mixed lol.

I would mostly like to have mixed children but I'd have children with the right partner of any colour.

Naija40

Reaction score
Reactions
11,653 1,117 2,448
Alleybux
I find it weird when mixed people say they won't date each. Racially they have more in common than dating/marrying someone monoracial and don't have to worry about being fetishized.
When white girls say things like 'I would marry a mixed race tan guy but not a black guy', do mixed men see that as a compliment? Do mixed women like it when black men say things like 'I like lighties like you'.. Just some examples of what mixed people hear.

As per article:
Mixed race women (who are black and white), like Markle, are more likely to marry or cohabitate with white men in the UK. According to the 2011 census, 65% of mixed-race women (black and white) are married or cohabitate with white men. Around 16% are in a relationship with mixed race men (black and white), while just 14% are in a relationship with black men.

This shows 16% mixed race women marry mixed men, which is a lot compared with their population size in UK

The U.K is 90+ white so when you bare that in mind. The statistics aren't surprising especially if the majority are being raised by their non-black aka white side. The vast majority don't know their black side. You can immediately tell from a distance those that were not raised around black people.

It's not as black and white as it may seem and there's obviously more factors to take into account but I can't be bothered to go into it.

Naija40

Reaction score
Reactions
11,653 1,117 2,448
Alleybux
Biracial people are not all the same. Some of us have a non-white father, some have a non-white mother. Some of us can pass as white, some of us cannot. Some of us grew up in black areas, some of us didn't meet a non-white person until age 13+.

As a black-mother/non-passing high yellow/grew up in a black area half white biracial, I grew up preferring to date black and mixed men. I received equal attention from them in my teens and early 20s. I wasn't particularly into white guys, but dated a few.

I'll be honest, black men were my favourite match socially. I didn't feel worshipped for being light - actually I've had several black men I dated tell me I'm black.

White men my least favourite as I have little in common with them socially, although I was with a white man for like 2 years recently.

Mixed men it usually depends on whether they grew up around black people or white ones. But to be honest I found them to be vain and stopped dating them mostly. Although my current romantic interest is mixed lol.

I would mostly like to have mixed children but I'd have children with the right partner of any colour.

Why do you find mixed men to be vain?

Azuraaa

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,441 2,656 1,331
Alleybux
Why do you find mixed men to be vain?
Ok let me preface and say I'm talking about some very attractive mixed men I've dated. I know they do not equate to all mixed men.

I got a sense that many of the men I dated considered themselves attractive because they were mixed. That's really off-putting and because I am mixed myself... I don't just find "mixed race" alone attractive.

Jodie Landon

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
46,579 1,476 494
Alleybux
Ok let me preface and say I'm talking about some very attractive mixed men I've dated. I know they do not equate to all mixed men.

I got a sense that many of the men I dated considered themselves attractive because they were mixed. That's really off-putting and because I am mixed myself... I don't just find "mixed race" alone attractive.
I know what you mean. I have had this vibe from mixed in the past. If they are tall and handsome they know they have their pick of women.
The love island type of mixed men are a turn off. You know the poser types

Azuraaa

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,441 2,656 1,331
Alleybux
I know what you mean. I have had this vibe from mixed in the past. If they are tall and handsome they know they have their pick of women.
Exactly... you know exactly what I mean. Toby from LI clearly thinks he is hot sh!t, probably why he's never had a GF despite being pretty attractive. You just know by how certain folk carry themselves and interact with or talk about women.

Brodinski

Brava
Reaction score
Reactions
4,507 172 33
Alleybux
1625830246418.png

This UK couple would like to digress

Naija40

Reaction score
Reactions
11,653 1,117 2,448
Alleybux

I see lol
I see so many complaining about black british men and our supposed lack of effort but mixed man take the cake easily with honourable mentions to lightskin BM

everythingirie

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,102 99 43
Alleybux
‘Cause the men are for white women only and the women are for black men only. They are coveted by those groups so that’s who they go for.

Fa11enAng3l

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,455 367 6
Alleybux
A former schoolmate of mine was biracial and only dated biracial girls. He was very vocal about it

The Culture

News Alley

Top Bottom